[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys stand it? I haven't had friends in over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: My birthday.jpg (139 KB, 833x632) Image search: [Google]
My birthday.jpg
139 KB, 833x632
How do you guys stand it? I haven't had friends in over a year, I'm a uni student who just goes to class and spends all his time masturbating and playing video games in my room, I eat all my meals in my room as well. I've been at uni for five years now but the friends I did have were superficial and weren't really friends, honestly I feel like I adapted to it but sometimes it's tough to maintain it.

I sometimes really wish I had a social circle of people who actually WANTED to see me or hang out with me, people I could enjoy spending time with but I'm so anti-social it's not even funny. I'm a huge introvert and I've had depression for five years now, pretty sure most people who knew me thought I was a drama queen or something as well.

Anyone else in a similar situation? I really am a robot just doing the same regiment everyday, I don't even let it bother me anymore but it would make me feel a little bit better knowing there are other people in a similar situation.
>>
Do even want something more out of life?
>>
File: friendintersets.jpg (206 KB, 996x749) Image search: [Google]
friendintersets.jpg
206 KB, 996x749
You either let it get to you and eat you up or you tough it out and let it become your strength
>>
I lost all my friends during schizoaffective episodes or because of. But i think they were overrated after a few years solo.
>>
>>26978409
I don't even know anything at this point, it's almost like I've become content with being alone and I've accepted my fate. I don't even know if I WANT to change my situation, yet I'm unhappy and still complain about it.

I guess I would want a better social life, maybe some friends and a significant other that I could be happy with. I'd also like a steady job, a nice house, car, etc.

I don't want kids though, already confident about that.

>>26978458
Yeah I think I've been so depressed and angry that I turned it into strength but it took me a good four or five years before I got to that point, long ass time in my opinion.
>>
>>26978483
>I haven't had friends in over a year
>four or five years

I don't get it, you said you had friends not long ago then claim half a decade ago.
>>
>>26978483
You've acquired learned helplessness. You have to get some baby steps done to get you out of it. Write down a few of them, what would they be?
>>
>>26978525
I specifically said I had depression for FIVE YEARS, I was making a reference to my depression. It took me four or five years before I actually started using my depression as a source of strength, that was what I meant.

I haven't had a single friend in over a year though, literally just go to class and come back to my dorm room. I don't talk or socialize with anyone and I do that for the entire semester, it's tough.
>>
>>26978567
I don't feel like the whole goal setting thing works for me, I tried that already like setting really simple goals and telling myself "Alright I actually do X today, that's a start." but I never stick with it, just like I never stick with anything I start.

I always give up on a lot of things I start whether it's working out, dieting, learning a skill, etc.
>>
>>26978595
Why do you think you never stick with it?
>>
>>26978667
I don't really know, if I knew I would have been able to fix some issues a long time ago. I guess I just lack motivation and self confidence, I've been rejected by a lot of girls, I feel like a lot of people around me thing I'm trash at everything. I also think I'm better than those around me but I know that isn't really the case, I just have low self esteem.

I have low self everything.
>>
>>26978756
Well in that case I'd advise you to do some shit.
>>
>>26978791
Lol great advice....
>>
>>26978049
>How do you guys stand it?
I have other stuff I like to do besides "having friends". When you think about it, do you really even want friends? Or have you just fallen for the meme? What about having a friend would make your life better? Keep in mind, friend upkeep is a hassle, and gets worse the more friends you have.
>>
>>26978791
>Jus. do smthin'!

EBIN Xd! really ebin my man.
>>
>>26978791
>>26978877

Sorry, that was inappropriate. I meant just do something. Something to get you of that shit.
>>
>Highschool
>Manage to make a few friends
>Girl asks me something
>Freak out and bark at her for some reason
>Have to text her apologizing, explaining I have crazy panic attacks and I didn't take my meds because I ran out that week.
>Middle of classes about 4-5 times a year
>Pupils get huge, lay head sideways and zone out for 2 hours at my desk, walking and ging through the motions, concerned kids looked at me and asked what my problem was
>Couldn't speak
>After it was over I was back to normal
>Had to explain every time It's just some type of flashback to my childhood

>Junior year, learning to do public speaking in English
>Cool female teacher, young, understanding
>Speeches about our life
>Explain to her that I can't feel comfortable talking about my past and that I rather just make up a random thing as a joke
>She lets me
>Kids ask what was that all about while smiling
>Tell them I live a crazy existence

My social anxiety outside of school was crippling, I was very well liked by everyone at school, very popular despite never being invited to anything, people accepted me but I couldn't really do anything outside of school if I wanted to, eventually I let it get to me and craved for an invite but wanted to puke thinking about asking to come along.

26 now, haven't made a real friend since then.
I work, come home, watch a movie/play a game, go to bed.
>>
>stims no longer let you focus on work over the crushing loneliness and depression
help
>>
>>26978049
Are you KV?

ORIGINAL COMENTARIO DE BARRIO
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK