[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women have no hobbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 38
What is this meme that men have created: "Women have no hobbies"?

Men are the ones who have no hobbies.

Male hobbies:

> videogames
> anime

Female hobbies are actually creative:

> makeup
> cooking
> baking
> reading
> sewing
> knitting
> decorating

Women have plenty of hobbies. Men are the ones who are invalids

Look at this picture. These women's hobbies are:

> cooking
> baking
> cycling
> maintaining bike
> reading
> thrifting
> altering clothing
> refurbishing furniture
> sewing
> crafting
> nails
> publishing
> creative writing

AND NONE OF THEM WERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR MEN. BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT VIDYA OR ANIMU.

Why are men so ridiculously judgmental, entitled, and cruel?
>>
0/10 bait

Try harder faggot
>>
How is makeup, shopping, learning about fashion, mobile games, cooking,and baking any less of a productive hobby than video games, anime, and football?
>>
Here you go, just cause it's the weekend.
Hope you had a good one.
>>
And men don't even have hygiene.

While your busy sitting on your ass, a woman is cleaning.

I spent my Sunday morning doing stuff like:

> vacuuming
> doing laundry
> cleaning my toilet
> setting up outfits for the week
> scrubbing my furniture clean

What have you been doing? Browsing 4chan?

Why are men so mean to women?

>> 26974220
>> 26974265

I am not a troll. I have spent about 5 years on this board, constantly reading about how much men hate women. I am tired of it. I am hurt and bitter and I cannot trust most men.
>>
>>26974197
Putting on makeup isn't a hobby
Neither is cooking unless you're making specific dishes
Baking maybe
Everybody reads
Sewing/Knitting sure
Everybody "decorates"
Everybody bikes
The fuck is thrifting, altering clothing and refurbishing furniture
Crafts sure
Nails arent a hobby
Tumblr blogs dont count as publishing or creative writing

fuck off, try harder
>>
>>26974327
lol fail harder faggot
>>
>>26974328
Makeup can absolutely be a hobby, you bitter dweeb.
You putting an anime figure on your desk isn't decorating.
If reading doesn't count neither do video games.
>>
>>26974328
And what do you do? What amazing hobbies do you have?

> putting on makeup isn't a hobby

Neither is anime

> neither is cooking unless you're making specific dishes

neither is bitching about how women don't cook anymore when all you can make is ramen

> everybody reads

do you read novels? Or just r9k? And just because everyone reads doesn't mean it isn't valid as a hobby. How do people learn ideas about religion and politics?

> everybody bikes

I haven't biked since I was a child.

> the fuck is thrifting, altering, etc.

Buying old clothes and then sewing it to make it look nice and fit properly. Buying old furniture and fixing it.

> nails aren't a hobby

neither is vidya
>>
File: Bait is created in our image.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
Bait is created in our image.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>26974197
>>26974235
>>26974327
You're trying too hard to bait
Let me trigger you back by saying:
>WOMEN
>HOBBIES
>NEVER
>EVER
>>
When you ask men what sort of hobbies they have, the answer is weak.
>>
File: pinterest.jpg (352 KB, 1764x901) Image search: [Google]
pinterest.jpg
352 KB, 1764x901
5 minutes on pinterest will show you a plethora of hobbies, but it just isn't good enough for men.
>>
>>26974395
>implying I collect animu figures
and no, vidya is not a hobby, never said it was
if makeup is a hobby then gelling my hair, wearing cologne, and manscaping are hobbies
cry harder faggot
>>
>>26974197
>Women have no hobbies
big news. something interesting?
>>
File: pinterest.jpg (324 KB, 1722x838) Image search: [Google]
pinterest.jpg
324 KB, 1722x838
When I tell men I am learning how to sew, I am met with radio silence. Is this skill not good enough for you?
Look at all the stuff I can make if I practice and persevere with my non-hobby!

But it's not good enough for men because it isn't vidya!
>>
Women just have lower standards for what can be considered a hobby.
>>
>>26974235
>video games vs makeup
Makeup is way more productive because you don't sit on the couch

>anime vs shopping
Shopping is way more productive because you don't sit on the couch, you're outside and you walk and use your brains.

>football vs cooking
If you actually meant playing football instead of watching it then it's equal. Otherwise cooking is way more productive because you don't sit on the couch

That leaves us with baking and learning about fashion

Conclusion: women have way more actual hobbies than men
>>
File: pinterest2.jpg (384 KB, 1856x867) Image search: [Google]
pinterest2.jpg
384 KB, 1856x867
>>26974456
>>26974475
This doesn't count to you?
I don't even need to ask.
You are a man. Of course it doesn't count to you. Women repulse you.
>>
If women have hobbies then why do they constantly feel the need to get in the way of us pursuing ours?

They don't, their only hobby is seeking attention and validation from men.
>>
Men might not have hobbie because we try to spend our time working and trying to pay off anythung that needs to be payed off. If I was a woman, EVERYTHING would be just handed to me by my boyfriend/husband. Examples are houses, money, cars, clothes, and maybe even food. Men spend more time working, women spend more time stealing from men.
>>
>>26974197
>tfw male and I knit
I guess I can't anymore
I held the view that women don't have hobbies for a long time because I didn't see them doing any 3D art, programming, videogames, woodwork/metalwork, hunting, fishing or anything I'd expect girls would do. Then I finally got it in highschool. Girls grow up faster. Grownups are boring as shit. Hence girls have no hobbies because they're boring grownups.
>>
>>26974475
Video games and anime aren't even a hobby to be honest, see this post: >>26974486
>>
File: pinterest.jpg (416 KB, 1892x885) Image search: [Google]
pinterest.jpg
416 KB, 1892x885
Never practice cooking for a man, because he doesn't care. It's not good enough for him.
>>
>>26974486
>standing in front of a mirror more productive than sitting on a chair.

Women logic.
>>
I don't understand how this is insulting? Why would you want a woman who watches anime or play video games? If her "hobbies"(don't care what you call it) are limited to shopping and make-up then that's great, that means she'll look good, and not dress in rags.
>>
>>26974327
Before and after pics of toilet please.
>>
>>26974197
>reading

You mean reading The Hunger Games or Perks of Being a Wallflower? ehhh- I think guys actively read better stuff than girls.

>sewing
>knitting

The majority of girls don't do that anymore.

>cooking

Fair enough.
>>
>>26974397
>implying im a neckbeard fedora neet
i hate anime
ramen is digusting
anything you do in your spare time is technically a hobby, reading isn't unique. I read more than I play vidya
seriously? you must not be very active, or you live in a fucking city
technically then fixing old clothes is just sewing, so I suppose that counts
I'm pretty sure that most women don't know a thing about carpentry
and no, vidya isn't a hobby in the same way reading isnt

keep b8ing faggot
>>
>>26974541
>the most impressive dishes shown were dumplings and decorated cookies
Sure that's fine to eat but making your own recipes and coming up with variations on dishes is where the real fun is.

Reason I don't consider cooking a hobby is because it's how you get your food. Like how a job isn't a hobby.
Baking is more of a hobby though.
>>
File: pinterest.jpg (389 KB, 1897x822) Image search: [Google]
pinterest.jpg
389 KB, 1897x822
>>26974525
>Men might not have hobbie because we try to spend our time working and trying to pay off anythung that needs to be payed off. If I was a woman, EVERYTHING would be just handed to me by my boyfriend/husband. Examples are houses, money, cars, clothes, and maybe even food. Men spend more time working, women spend more time stealing from men.

I am a woman. Where is the man who will pay for my house and car and clothes? Someone please reply to this post ASAP, because I would deeply appreciate that.

>>26974518
Your post is bullshit and has no evidence. I have provided a plethora of evidence that women have hobbies, but you have not provided any evidence of women "getting in the way"

>>26974526
I never said men can't knit. I have provided ample evidence that women have hobbies from pinterest, but you cannot accept it as legitimate. What evidence are you looking for?
>>
>>26974554
Because it makes you get up and do something
>>
>>26974541
what's wrong with these? i would be happy if someone made any of these dishes for me desu
>>
>>26974197
male here

I draw, play guitar, am learning piano, and learning Spanish.

I also play vydia
>>
>>26974508
They don't repulse me... try harder.
This entire thread is horseshit. Many people, male/submale, have many different hobbies. Yes, heterosexual men prefer games and cartoons that sexualize women more than heterosexual submales.
What else is new?
>>
>>26974613
We could also just buy something already prepared in the supermarket... cooking for fun isn't a necessary thing
>>
>>26974637
I also have a fulltime job

>>26974635
they don't have anything better to do than to look up outlandish recipes they'll never make.
>>
>>26974197

Women have shallow meaningless hobbies they pursue out of necessity to fill the void which is their life. They mainly do things they can show off to other people to make them look like they actually have meaning. All their necessities are covered by a male or the government so the next thing they do is make themselves appear higher in status.

Men do more work. Their actual hobbies are typically productive or reach a level of eccentricism from which they receive great joy. When was the last time you heard of a woman putting together and flying a model airplane? Building something more complicated than a bird house? Cooking in foreign style and mastering the dishes?

Rarely if ever. They do just enough to make people believe they're more complicated than they are. Women's minds generally like this "if i can't show anyone how great I am why would i do it"?

That's why women are the main consumers of social media and the like. Their whole existence is validation oriented. Everyone knows this and womens mannerisms have evolved to reflect it. Their whole life is essentially #humblebrag.
>>
>>26974327
>common problem of inequality in childcare and chores at home

Yes, I am sure all of these female redditors have children which is why their only hobbies are shopping and make up.
>>
>>26974235
Makeup = literally improves your effective charisma
Shopping = not even a female hobby
fashion = gives you plethora of topics to talk to other people about, and people won't look down on you for it. (unlike video games) + if done right will improve your effective charisma
mobile games = less life consuming than actual video games
>>
>>26974197

My hobbies include: sucking dick, playing and sucking dick, licking nipples and sucking dick, race war, and sterilization
>>
It's normally the people who moan about other people not having hobbies that are boring cunts themselves desu

OP what do you do?
>>
File: pinterest2.jpg (384 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
pinterest2.jpg
384 KB, 1920x810
>>26974595
Who gives a shit about how unique something is? The uniqueness of something doesn't invalidate it as a hobby.

Who gives a shit about carpentry? Most men don't know a thing about sewing.

>>26974589
Do you know why the majority of women don't do it anymore? Because there was a time when home economics classes were a thing. Now they aren't. I am teaching myself to sew, and it is not easy.

>>26974576
No, that's disgusting.

>>26974568
Never spend time trying to look beautiful for your man. Men don't respect it.

>>26974613
So if a woman spent time cooking the dishes there for you, you wouldn't appreciate it because it isn't unique?
Here's Afghan food. Spend 5 minutes on pinterest and type in the search bar foods you find impressive and you will find women who cook them

Never cook for a man. He will not consider it impressive unless it's an obscure dish from Afghanistan or something.

>>26974635
Because men don't appreciate it when a woman cooks for them.

>>26974672
>>26974637
Oh yes, I am learning Spanish too
And I have a full time job too

Not good enough for men, though

>>26974679
I literally never have seen a man fly a model airplane, build something, or cook foregin dishes. Here is afghan food to please you, since American food is not good enough.

>>26974702
Men expect women to work full time and raise the kids and maintain the home while men just expect themselves to work and only work.
>>
>>26974679
Don't forget that they actively deride men for having interest in hobbies that aren't considered cool enough for them to boast about on social media to their girlfriends.
>>
>>26974679
I hike alone and I paint. They're a thing I do for myself. I never tell people in real life about it.

>All their necessities are covered by a male or the government
What are you talking about?
>>
In my experience, most people, whether men or women, are really fucking boring. Most people just go to work, school, or whatever it is that they do and then fill up their spare time with media consumption.
>>
>women mentions her hobby
>ask them about it
>they basically know fuck all about it, just entry level shit

>men mentions his hobby
>ask them about it
>they basically know fuck all about it, just entry level shit

>ask autist about their hobbies
>get a 4 hour long speech discussing every single angle of said hobby

the answer is obvious, only autists have true hobbies. everyone else is a dumb poser
>>
File: 8man.png (714 KB, 1276x1080) Image search: [Google]
8man.png
714 KB, 1276x1080
>>26974397
>cycling
>maintaining bike
same, also everybody cycles
>reading
>crafting
>cooking
>refurbishing furniture
>publishing
>baking
>decorating
>"""""creative writing""""""
Both genders have these hobbies

>thrifting
> altering clothing
>Buying old clothes and then sewing it to make it look nice and fit properly. Buying old furniture and fixing it.
This is all literally just sewing you dumb fuck
>I haven't biked since I was a child.
Don't assume your experiences are the same for everybody
>>26974327
>vacuuming
>doing laundry
>cleaning my toilet
>letting up outfits for the week
>scrubbing my furniture clean
Every person does this

You have brought up more hobbies both genders generally have than strictly female ones and you know what? Vidya and anime are also neutral hobbies. I think your butthurt has more to do with you as a person since you seem to lack actual hobbies because otherwise you wouldn't be so ignorant of the facts I've stated.
>>
Women in general are way less passionate about specific activities. The redpill version of truth is that they do so because can't concentrate and operate over racionality, leaving them to stuff like paiting your face.

There are few woman I know are really into some kind of hobby or activity. Calling an analisys a meem won't make it less true.

I must stop taking lazy bait someday.
>>
File: kof6e4x.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
kof6e4x.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>26974554
Anon don't be ridiculous we all know that standing up is way more work than planning your passive tree in Path of Exile (NEET game, don't bother).
>>26974629
Tbqh my dream is finding a my dream gf and having her be a stay at home wife (she want story because she's my dream gf) . The problem is that nowdays she's given incentives to divorce. Sure. It's a much fairer system where the power imbalance isn't as great (imagine being a housewife in the 40's and getting widowed/divorced or abused without logistics to escape). It's also incredibly hard to support a family for most single payer jobs. Maybe cucks like me are rare and that's why things are as they are. I'l get there eventually hopefully.

But yeah that bs anon is claiming isn't real.
>>
>>26974768
>Men expect women to work full time and raise the kids

Except this is /Askwomen/, most of them don't even have kids.
>>
>>26974768
>Never spend time trying to look beautiful for your man. Men don't respect it.
Of course they do. Are you trolling?
>>
>that feel when playing guitar and piano, cataloguing my music and learning about music in general
>girl says she's really into music
>listen to wub wub and pop only

Kek, woman suck.
>>
From this thread I can conclude that women's hobbies are limited to posting food/clothes/crafts to pinterest, posting on reddit whilst their husbands and kids are away, and picking fights on 4chan

Nice impression lol
>>
>>26974235

>mobile games

Fucking seriously?
>>
File: pinterest.jpg (301 KB, 1891x822) Image search: [Google]
pinterest.jpg
301 KB, 1891x822
>>26974789
I hike alone too, and I write
>>26974745
Well, I already know that they aren't good enough for you, so spare me the response of "ooh that doesn't count"

> I knit
> I am actively trying to learn how to sew
> I am practicing Spanish
> I read books from my religion
> I read books about other countries
> I play with makeup
> I do my hair
> I walk about 5-10 miles a day in nature, and hike when I get a chance
> I like visiting the beach
> I read about fashion and try to have fun with what I wear
> I cook and am actively learning how to cook wholesome recipes for myself and my future family
> I keep a journal and decorate said journal and write different things down such as memories, ideas, and quotes
> I draw although I am not good
> I make bracelets with rubber bands, and am learning how to make things like flower garlands
> I garden and am learning how to grow my own food
> I browse 4chan

Spare me a lecture about how my hobbies are invalid.
>>26974802
Autist detected
>>26974814
This isn't about what genders have which hobbies. This is disproving that women have no hobbies

I didn't say cleaning is my hobby. I am saying that men don't clean.

>>26974818
I am passionate about my religion but men hate that like nothing else

>>26974820
> incentives to divorce

If you marry a stay at home mom, and then divorce her 10 years later she will have a hell of a time getting a job (no skills, out of the job market for years), and surviving.

I want to be a stay-at-home mom but I want to work part-time too. If anything happens, I'll have relevant experience so I don't end up homeless.

>>26974822
No. I read about it on here all the time. Men call makeup deception.
>>
>>26974802
This. I used to think women were boring too until I started hanging around normie guys at work. Now I know that me and my friends are the weird ones.
>>
>>26974328

>Everybody reads

You might be surprised.
>>
>>26974197

It's not that women have NO hobbies.

It's that some women use them as a way to attract male attention.

You're not one of those girls? Well ok. I believe you.

But you should know if you're genuinely good at stuff and well-read, that kind of thing gives me a raging hardon

My hobbies include:

>Canoeing
>Birdwatching
>Fishing
>Hiking
>Reading
>Cross-country skiing

When-I-have-time tier:

>Baking/ slow cooking
>Whittling
>>
>>26974197
men are better than women at cooking henceforth most professional chefs are male, on another note I don't understand what thrill people get out of trolling on an anonymous imageboard you can't even tell who your winding up
>>
File: P_20151009_184455.jpg (994 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
P_20151009_184455.jpg
994 KB, 3264x1836
>never ever try sewing
>get a Lego Grievous
>gets a sewing machine from a flea market
>make him a cape on the second attempt

It feels good to be a man.
>>
>>26975003
I am learning how to sew. The sewing part is easy, but setting up the machine is hard. I keep watching videos and trying but the thread gets tangled up over and over
>>
>>26975023
This happens because you are too slow. Press the pedal more slowly, or try to config the machine to hold on the thread more tightly.
>>
File: G2KXtN1.jpg (166 KB, 1196x898) Image search: [Google]
G2KXtN1.jpg
166 KB, 1196x898
God fucking damn it.

This is like watching little boys and little girls laugh at each other's preferred toys.

Make up / shopping / whatever are gay shit wastes of time and so are most of the "hobbies" r9k has as well.

The real problem you have with female hobbies is that they aren't the same as yours so you don't have them in common.

Otherwise why would you care if your partner had hobbies?

I am not very good at articulating my thoughts right now because I am trying to do other things but this is such a retarded argument I can't even take it seriously.
>>
>>26974820
>playing the worst class who is also a nigger
come on now
>>
File: P_20151009_184511.jpg (842 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
P_20151009_184511.jpg
842 KB, 3264x1836
>>26975003
Another pic cause I don't give a fuck for women.
>>
I think the real reason this is a meme is that women hobbies aren't out in public and don't encourage socializing as much, compared to men's hobbies.

For example, sports fans will meet up at a bar or stadium to watch or match, or become friends with their team mates if they play in a team. Men interested in outdoor hobbies like fishing or hunting are probably going to share the experience with their friends or meet others while out hiking. Even anime nerds and gamers will discuss their fandom online or meet similar minded people at conventions.

"Women" hobbies on the other hand like sewing or cooking are mostly enjoyed alone. Of course to an outside observer it would appear that women have no hobbies.
>>
>>26974664
Yeah I suppose some people can almost live a healthy life on that stuff.
>>26974768
>so if a woman spent time cooking...
Yeah of course I'd appreciate it. Point is it's not much of a hobby for you if you do the most basic stuff. Like loom knitting a cap. It's the most basic stuff and a 7 year old can do it. It just takes some time. I define hobby as an interest that's focused on learning and that produces something and is done for enjoyment. Doing laundry doesn't really fit that. It does produce something but it's not really a learning experience I that way, and I have trouble seeing anyone doing it for fun.

>>26974629
>never said men can't knit
Yeah I was just poking at you saying men have no hobbies, so as a man I'd have to get rid of it to be a man.
inb4 I have to
>what evidence are you looking for
Well I practically never see anyone with a handknitted scarf or hat. You'd expect that at least. Gloves with fingers are harder and I don't expect that but just the basics right? It's not just visible to me and that's why I don't think they do it. That and we had sex ed at age 15 and stuff like that came up. Girls didn't admit to have any hobbies according to my definition. Except the one girl who said math. Which was really cool. Top tier hobby. But 4 out of 14 compared to every guy except 1 is not really that impressive. Sports were of course a large part.
>>26974802
This. But it's important to me in a hobby that there's potential progression. Like knitting, programming etc.
>>>26974904
>stay at home mom that works part time
I could definitively deal with that. Especially if I can cut time to spend with kids. But I think that parental supervision or engagement is very important at almost all ages. So no daycare. It really screws you up.
>>
>>26974197
Video games improve hand-eye coordination and can improve focus. Some require ridiculous amounts of precision and memorization in order to complete. This doesn't apply as much to most modern games, but there's always the massive backlog of older games and lesser-known titles.

Anime can show how drastically different the culture in Japan is. No, I'm not talking on a basic level of BAKA DESU SENPAI nonsense, I'm talking about who the cartoons market to. Some of them are also very intriguing due to differences in culture and traditions. However most higher quality anime are not at the entry level where it's high school girls wanting to fuck their beta harem protagonist or some such (which is actually the fantasy a lot of those watchers in japland have because those were the golden days in their eyes).

But you didn't come here for an explanation, you wanted to complain about stupid things with illogical fallacies.
>implying men don't do any of those women hobbies
>implying women don't watch anime and play video games

Furthermore I must contest that things such as nails and makeup are basic maintenance for women's appearance. They are not hobbies, they are a social expectation. Not so different from men improving their confidence and personality to be more appealing.
>>
Don't forget to sage, lads.

Fuck the robot, it's ruining this fucking board.
>>
File: 1457203152542.jpg (408 KB, 927x1455) Image search: [Google]
1457203152542.jpg
408 KB, 927x1455
>>26975067
This pic remember me of that other pic where theres a girl on a gym making funny faces over a guy doing nothing wrong.

Found it.
>>
>>26975069
>doesn't even see that it's the old 1.0/beta tree
I got it from Google.
I play all of them though.
>>
i kind of think hobbies are kind of a opinion kind of thing because some would say hanging out as a hobby vs playing video games online, talking to someone, making jokes.
>>
Imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. pass the time. You're a chick.

You're bored, as usual, tweeting about your fucking hair and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist hole between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realise you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a woman.
>>
>>26975100
This is a good analisys.

>Anime can show how drastically different the culture in Japan is. No, I'm not talking on a basic level of BAKA DESU SENPAI nonsense, I'm talking about who the cartoons market to. Some of them are also very intriguing due to differences in culture and traditions. However most higher quality anime are not at the entry level where it's high school girls wanting to fuck their beta harem protagonist or some such (which is actually the fantasy a lot of those watchers in japland have because those were the golden days in their eyes).

Some anime are a work of art on human sensibilities, seen by ching chong eyes. Most Slice of Life anime are really interesting on this regard.

Aku no Hana comes to mind.
>>
>>26975088
>"Women" hobbies on the other hand like sewing or cooking are mostly enjoyed alone

So are most robot hobbies. I agree with r9k on most of the rest of their shit but this is just retarded.

YOU ARE ONLY MAD BECAUSE WOMEN AREN'T INTO ANIME OR COMPUTER GAMES OR WHATEVER SHIT YOU DO. IT DOES NOT MAKE THEIR HOBBIES ANY LESS LEGITIMATE.

Go ahead and call me a white knight and I will laugh because I am just as much of a bitter sperg as any of you, but even I can see how fucking stupid this entire thread is.
>>
>>26975100
>makeup
It's the worst hobby. It's dishonest and I don't like it most of the time.
>>
>>26975173
I agree with your point but Aku no Hana is not SoL you pleb.
>>
Let's examine these because I'm autistic

> cooking
> baking
Two basic survival techniques. Unless you take them to extremes to perfect them, they aren't hobbies.
> cycling
> maintaining bike
The first is just exercise which everybody does, unless you take part in events or push yourself. The second is just fucking necessary when owning a bike. First maybe, but second definitely not a hobby.
> reading
Everybody fucking reads. Again, unless extreme, not a hobby.
> thrifting
It's called shopping sensibly. Hard for women to do, I know, but it's not a hobby.
> altering clothing
> refurbishing furniture
These two are literally just fixing things. About as much a hobby as fixing one's own car.
> sewing
Hobby unless making repairs.
> crafting
Possibly a hobby if you take it to extremes. Otherwise, it's just doing bullshit you should be able to do anyway.
> nails
Taking care of one's self is not a hobby. It's not unique or interesting that I can go take a shower or brush my hair. Not a hobby.
> publishing
Publishing is not a hobby, it is a profession. Especially when combined with the below.
> creative writing
See above.
>>
>>26975214
I know, I missed an "Also", on the start of last sentence.

Sorry, my phone is to blame.
>>
>>26975173
>anime
Equivalent to movies. Certainly not a hobby unless you're doing actual critique.
>>
>>26975118

Guy you replied to, yes, that picture is stupid and pathetic and the woman in it is a vapid whore. But I know plenty of girls who don't post on Facebook or Instagram at all and they actually do have a sense of self awareness.

They are also 99% taken by the age of 18.

They also probably have halfway decent hobbies. Yeah maybe they shop and shit like everyone woman but I've known plenty of girls who drew well or made other stuff, goddamn it I'm too tired to remember specific examples but I have seen it.
>>
File: _-LL-97e46cdb_unnamed.jpg (37 KB, 606x540) Image search: [Google]
_-LL-97e46cdb_unnamed.jpg
37 KB, 606x540
>I cook
>I bake
>>
>>26975242

Nothing's a hobby: The post.
>>
>>26974235
the thing is hobbies are not productive at all (outisde a very specialized area of interests, only other hobbyists find interesting)

thats what you women dont get
>>
File: hobby.png (14 KB, 480x265) Image search: [Google]
hobby.png
14 KB, 480x265
>>26975242

> pic related

You're full of shit.

And by your definition, what the fuck IS a hobby? Anime? Vidya? Some other gay shit? What exactly passes your ridiculously high standards for a woman? You're just as bad as the Chad-fucking whores you constantly proselytize against. It's pathetic. Just get the fuck out, faggot.

Why is a woman having such an obscure elitist hobby so important to you anyway?
>>
>>26974904
Okay. Tell me about your religion.
No really, do it. I'm an enthusiast of religion and its influence on society on whether the whole of it is more beneficial or detrimental. I almost never get a good religious debate or discussion because people get so caught up in "no MY god is real!" "no YOUR god isn't real! and neither is god! checkmate x".

I haven't seen anybody except laymen discuss these things in poor detail at that. The last good discussion on religious elements I saw was on /v/ at least two years ago when we discussed the angel hierarchy.
>>
>>26974235
>productive
Why does a hobby has to be productive? A general interest in things is certainly not bad. Why must it be productive? To distinguish it from other interests? Isn't a hobby just an interest which you consider primary. Like I like Norse mythology. But for it to be a hobby I'd have to have dedicated a lot of time to it in my view. Currently I've just read a small book about it and gone through some of the hero stories.
>>
>>26975268
Well, using up my time to watch and judge it by its form configures a hobby. I may not be publishing my opinions, but I'm developing my artistical sense of judgement, so I can, in last case, be able to talk about it with other humans.

This configures a hobby, I suppose. Same with movies and other forms of art and entertainment. Women could surely stand by those, but the meme consists on them not being able to, hence gurl gamers, superficial validation seeking beings, general try hards wanting people to legitimate them on this regard.
>>
>>26974768
>I literally never have seen a man fly a model airplane, build something, or cook foregin dishes.

I have literally done all these things.
>>
>>26975118
The guy is posing, and she is making a funny face about it because it looks silly. She isn't mocking him or putting him down or shaming him. It's not even mean at all. Why are men so hypersensitive?
>>
File: images.png (5 KB, 530x278) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5 KB, 530x278
>women will never be into creating 8bit chiptunes

Not even the most outcast, asp autism girl will ever try and create music using samples from old videogames

Feels goodman.
>>
>>26975330
A hobby, in my definition, is simply an activity undertaken for one's own self improvement, to broaden one's own character and expand one's skills.

Digesting media, honing talents, creating definitions for yourself, your views and your personality in the real world. These, in my eyes, are what constitutes a hobby.

As for my standards, I don't have any other than for her to be soft spoken, empathetic, kind, loyal, compassionate and easy on the eyes.

I never said anything about obscurity, elitism or anything like that. Anyone can take something basic and mainstream and become a master, it just takes time, effort and patience - the requirements to undertake a hobby.

Without these qualities, it is hard for anybody to differ themselves as human from animal. It is simply through the act of creating and digesting that we release our potential, which saddens me to see so many waste.

Why are you so angry?
>>
Are you people retarded? The reason you don't see any of this desu and the reason you don't think anyone but you (and potentially your group who you assume is like you) have hobbies is because for the large majority of your time you do these things alone.

Who cooks when strangers are around? Model Airplanes, programming, knitting, hiking (arguably you'd be missing and notify people), weaving cloth, LARP (mainly other LARPers know though), math. All of that shit is in private to a casual observer.

Can we have a hobbyist thread instead? Far more interesting.
>>
>>26975078
Nice work, it looks cool,

I'd like to pick up sewing at some point for puppet making.
>>
>>26975433
I couldn't care less for her silly face, but you failed to justify it. He is literally just standing there, possibly watching something
>>
>>26974235
>mobile games
reminder if you play any kind of game on your phone you are a complete faggot
>>
>>26975433
>new gym posing
It's insulting. It's like calling someone a faker who isn't there for what they're supposed to do.
>>
What they mean is, your hobbies are boring TO THEM. GET IT THREW YOUR SKULL YOU FAGGOT.
>>
>>26975293
he admitted that sewing is a hobby

must be hard being a woman and having no ability for logical thought
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 403x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 403x500
>>26974197

>mfw I travel the world, read, speak 3 languages, love visiting operas/museums, hunt, run, shoot and camp and I'm still apparently not interesting enough for women
>>
>>26975433
>The guy is posing

actually he is just standing there
>>
>>26975582
You're not doing it for them. When you realize that, they shall notice your passion.

But who gives a fuck about them anyway, anon?
>>
I think it's because most girls' hobbies are quotidian and most never study them in depth.
>make up
All women ever do is the same plain thing for work/going out. They don't know shit about theatre make up, lighting, nothing.
>cooking
Is literally following instructions. I've never met a girl who cooked as a hobby who had an original recipe. Most of them just mean eating anyway.
>decorating
This is just following trends and wasting money on cushions and bad art.
>>
File: image.png (268 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.png
268 KB, 499x499
>
I am not a troll. I have spent about 5 years on this board, constantly reading about how much men hate women. I am tired of it. I am hurt and bitter and I cannot trust most men.

Still obvious but I lol'd
>>
>>26975619

Believe me I don't do it for them, but it's like "goddamn what more do you want?"
>>
>>26974904
Nice. I especially love hiking through man-made forests and hills, because I live in the Netherlands so no mountains here. The hills we have are made from trash with dirt on top of it and trees but they're actually really pretty.
>>
>>26974328
Where the fuck do you live because most people are too dim to tie their shoes properly
>>
Women have hobbies and I'm fine with that. Why would I care what women do with their spare time? I just don't like when they bitch and whine about how I want to spend time on my hobbies.
>>
>>26975293
I guess you missed the parts about cooking, baking, cycling, reading, sewing and crafting, huh?
Might want to brush up on that conditional processing, else you look retarded in future
>>
girls just may have """""hobbies"""""" but they dont push themselves like men do. oh, so you cycle? what event or race have you done? oh, you havent done anything? you just ride?

men on the other hand actually push themselves and make their hobbies worthwhile.
>>
>>26974197
Many neckbeards will get ass-blasted by my agreement but I will go even further and say the entire hobby thing is bullshit. As OP has pointed out the concept of hobby has shifted from "something you like doing" to "something you don't have to do" This is why as OP says when a man cooks it's called a hobby but when a woman does it it's somehow not. However even "something you like doing" doesn't cut t in my books, to me a hobby is something that you put career-tier effort into for no pay. If you go in video game competitions for no serious reward then yes it's a bona-fide hobby but if you just play games casually that is not a hobby. Therefore to summarize neither women nor men actually have hobbies and if you're going to call what most men do a hobby then you may as well count what most women do as well.
>>
>>26974789
>>26974768

You dumb bitches. You're doing it now. You're trying to validate your opinions by telling me what you do and don't brag about it.

Stupid as shit.
>>
>men have no hobbies
I have lots of hobbies I no longer have time for.
>I can play bass, guitar, drums and alto sax
>I can do woodworking and build shit
>I used to skateboard and could do lots of shit on a board that you couldn't do standing
>I can juggle, walk on my hands, back/front handspring, go into a bridge from a standing position and kick onto my feet from a supine position. I doubt you can even bend over without losing your balance.
>I rode my bike 50+ miles regularly (at least once a week) when I was in high school
>I can fish and tie all kinds of knots. I can clean and cook the fish with nothing more than a knife (or a sharp rock) and some dry sticks, kindling, and tinder.
>I can climb just about anything
>I can move silently through the woods while you'd be snapping twigs and scaring off prey/attracting predators like a clutz
>I can cook something fierce (I used to cook at a 5 star restaurant)
>I can fix/build my own computer/set up networks (not just connecting wifi, but creating access lists, setting up dhcp pools, NAT, DMZs, securing access to switches and routers, etc)/write my own programs in C, Java, C#, VB, etc (at some point the language no longer matters because you'll pick it up in a week)
>I can fix most mechanical problems in a car

I have way more skills than that, but you probably get the point by now. Tell me again about how you can cook mac and cheese and sew a button back on and I'll build myself a cutting board and use it while I cook myself a 5 star Victorian meal made from ingredients I got with my own fucking hands and play myself something I composed and played all the parts for.
>>
>>26975491
thank you kant
>>
>all these people with hobbies
I debate on 4chan. Does that count? ;_;
>>
>>26975789
I cook vegan food, not macaroni and cheese, and I make purses and hem my clothes. I speak 4 languages, and I walk 15 miles at least once a week. I knit shawls, scarves, blankets, and hats and am learning how to knit clothes. I am sorry that this isn't good enough for you. I hope you find your woman who can cook Victorian meals from animals she hunted with her own hands and who can juggle and move silently though the woods so you don't resent her and hate her the way men usually do women.
>>
>>26975982
If the men you hang around are expecting you to be some sort of living goddess then you need to hang around different men. It has nothing to do with hobbies anymore.
>>
>>26975781
No? I was disproving your post by saying that the things I do, I do alone and I don't talk about it on REAL LIFE. Do you really think I need to get attention from an autistic beta like you for validation?
>>
>>26976024

I'm making sweeping generalizations about how i perceived the world and you refute it by telling me about yourself. You idiot/

All you have to say is "cite your sources" or "that's subjective" and your refutation would be complete.

Instead you tell me about yourself and tell me you are a woman when nobody asked anything of the sort.

Women everyone.
>>
>>26975982
>men usually do women
Men don't usually hate women. That's the exception. Men aren't built to do that. They can have annoyances but in general men don't hate women. Men can be upset when they don't get loved back. But that's not hatred of women. It's frustration.
>>
>>26974197
>rock climbing
>vidya
>reading
>painting
>photography
Some of my hobbies ,and both genders can do them you enormous b8ing faggot. Stop using reddit as a scholarly source
>>
File: magic pentagram.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
magic pentagram.jpg
251 KB, 2048x1536
>>26975962
Pic reIated is your hobby
>>
>>26975982
Roastie getting triggered by a guy who has hobbies

LOL
O
L
>>
>>26976087
If I had said that it's subjective you would probably have said that you don't know any women who are not like your post. And the way you speak confirms your autism.
>>
>>26976629
>backpedaling, ad hominem, MUH ANECDOTES

Back to /his/ i go. You all deserve each other.
>>
>>26974486
Truly trolls trolling trolls
>>
>>26976629
Nigga you are doing exactly what he told you not to.

Are you dumb or something?
>>
>>26975982
>I'm sorry this isn't good enough for you
Holy guilttrip, passive-aggressive batman. I was refuting the men have no hobbies bullshit from the OP. You have like 3 "hobbies", two of which are just in support of your eccentric lifestyle of wearing hipster clothes and eating hipster meals, and you have the gall to say that men's only hobbies are anime and video games. I have a lifetime of hobbies and skills that go beyond consumption of entertainment, just like your 3, and resent the glaring generalization that was given by (presumeably) you in the OP.

It's great that you learned how to work with your hands and make your own meals and it's fantastic that you walk at least 15 miles per week. It really is. What's not great is that you come into a man's space and tell him he's wrong about shit someone else said.
>>
>>26975078
Jesus Christ anon, that's good. Women are shit at everything.
>cooking
"let me just throw in everything in my pantry or follow the recipe to the letter"
They can't into flavor profiles, or reasonable experimentation. Everything they do is dull and unimaginative.
>>
>>26974197
>listing chores as hobbies
>>
>>26976855
I'm not a hipster you judgements like, cruel jerk. I am far from it. I am a conservative religious girl. This site isn't a man's space. This site is a site where women are despised. I don't talk to men anymore because I come here and see how much they hate women.
>>
File: 1456260673286.jpg (62 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456260673286.jpg
62 KB, 690x460
>>26975982
>vegan
>cooking
>speaking languages is a hobby
Truly women are vapid.
>>
>>26977855
>cruel jerk
Holy shit, she's actually triggered by something someone said in the internet. This whole thread is just banter, but you actually took it personally. Holy fuck women truly are worthless.
>>
>>26974197
> makeup
> cooking
> baking
> reading
> sewing
> knitting
> decorating
Modern women don't even know how to do half of these due to their "liberation"
>>
File: 473.jpg (94 KB, 680x736) Image search: [Google]
473.jpg
94 KB, 680x736
List of male hobbies women will never ever do (in most cases can't do):

Demoscene (small, self-contained computer programs that produce audio-visual presentations)
Dog grooming (creating dogs that look like tigers, panda bears etc)
Cassette tape art
Parkour
Extreme ironing
Dorodango (art of fashioning garden soil into perfect polished spheres)
Esoteric philosophy
Microprocessor/limited memory hobbyists
Water baking
Molecular gastronomy
Nanoetching
High-scale modelling
Underwater bronze casting
Fractal wood burning
CNC/plasma cutter carpentry
Pancake art
Miniaturized jet engine flying

List of female hobbies a man couldn't trivially dominate and excruciatingly master every single facet of, expanding the breadth and scope of the hobby itself through his own tireless efforts:

*crickets*
>>
>>26977855
truth is you don't actually care about men or you'd try to understand why these people have this mind set

I seek to understand and the more I understand about women as a whole the less I like but I can still remain empathetic to an individual ( male or females) situation in life

for a "religious" "Girl" you seem to lack empathy for other humans
>>
File: 1457212728210.webm (2 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1457212728210.webm
2 MB, 480x480
>>26978329
>Pancake art
My nigga
>>
>>26974197
>makeup
>cooking
>baking
>sewing
>knitting
>decorating

This is what ALL women used to do, when women were housewives, as in, back when women needed men to work horrible jobs to look after them and the family, before consumerism, air conditioned offices, back when work meant coal, steel, manufacturing factories or agriculture etc

Doing them now, only counts as hobbies because most women don't do shit apart from watch tv and follow pop culture and spend their time on social media
>fyi buying things and doing your makeup/nails is not a hobby unless you are a spastic
>>
File: Robot_Bjork_head.gif (5 KB, 149x180) Image search: [Google]
Robot_Bjork_head.gif
5 KB, 149x180
>>26978329
>Molecular gastronomy
>Nanoetching
>High-scale modelling
>Underwater bronze casting
>Fractal wood burning
>CNC/plasma cutter carpentry
>>>>>>Pancake art<<<<<< WTF IS THIS SHIT
>Miniaturized jet engine flying

one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>26978329
>Dorodango
Just looked that up, it satisfies my autism.
>>
File: 1415113875030.jpg (141 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1415113875030.jpg
141 KB, 1533x961
>>26974197
Why are hobbies so important anyways? It doesn't technically improves your social skills and doesn't cure being miserable .
>>
>>26974327
God I love women like you. You are disappointed in men for all the right reasons. And you still have some hope.
>>
>>26974327
>>26974235

The only thing these plebbit screenshots proved to me is that women will always dumbly cheerlead one another for no other reason than that they all have a cunt, good to see that in-group bias is keeping you happy ladies
>>
>>26978329
>competitive buying
>fucking alphas until you're 35 then settling down with a grateful beta-provider male
>being gormless about the implications of their liberal utopian ideals
>selfie taking, lighting and editing
>sponging off men and the state
>world class shamers, most can shame a man into anything
>can cry at the drop of a hat, like when caught cheating, it's an almost perfect evolutionary advantage they have over men

I'll make another post if I think of any more
>>
>>26977855
Most of us are young jaded (some autistic) pariahs, emotionally and socially burned by Chads and hot women. There is a reason religions shackle their women and restrict their sexual freedoms and their influence, because men adore women, put them on pedestals. And that breeds arrogance, narcissism, self entitlement and a solipsistic view of the world where everything is view in relation to them selves.

All societies/civilizations that have collapsed saw increased liberalism when it comes to sexuality near the end of their reign, the more sexually liberated women become, the worse the state of families become, and the more women will relay upon the State instead of men.

The genie is out of the bottle, women want to be whores in their teens, twenties, and sometimes into their thirties, but want to become housewives when they hit "the wall". You can't make a whore a housewive, you're religious, so perhaps you've avoided this pitfall.
But around 30% of young men in Japan are "herbivore men" which means they no longer date or seek out women for sex, or to build a family. And in the West we have MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) who also reject marriage, co-habitation, and some reject dealing with women altogether, I suggest you watch some Barbarossa and Stardusk videos to get the jist of it

If you're interested, the 'Mouse utopia experiment' is essentially how the West will fall, if the West's cultural collapse doesnt happen first, merging with 3rd world islamic values
>>
File: Simpsons-meme-1.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons-meme-1.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>26977855
>I'm not a hipster
You dress and eat like one. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck, though I never called you a hipster per se. This particular site was around long before you came here, and was predominately male, ergo, it is a man's space as I've probably been here long before you ever graced it with your presence. I don't hate women, personally. There are many here that don't. The culture here does have a lot to do with masculinity and the inability to fit into that subculture, however, and there's a lot of bitching and griping about women in general with the growing population of males that feel rejected by male society and how it has a lot to do with the attitudes of women in general, so while I can see how you'd interpret that as mysogeny, you're (mostly) incorrect and taking everything here out of context. You will never understand the position of many here because it's one you'll never be in. Sorry to ruin your day or whatever, but try not to let it get you down. After all, I'm just some anonymous asshat on an imageboard that you're taking far too seriously. Here, have a ralph for your troubles.
>>
>>26974197
Cooking isnt a hobby unless you do it for actual fun and not just cooking when you need to eat. Shit like baking crazy cookies or BBQs count as hobby cooking.

Makeup is not a hobby

Reading is a hobby if you are reading books and not garbage magazines or internet shit.

Sewing is a hobby if you actually fucking sew. I can sew but because I dont do it often I wouldnt say its a hobby of mine.

Decorating as a hobby? Do you redo your living rooms weekly now?
>>
File: 1450660108412.png (313 KB, 1348x1172) Image search: [Google]
1450660108412.png
313 KB, 1348x1172
The real question is why do you fucking people care so much about whether or not something is a hobby?

Why do things have to be "productive"?

Why do you obsess over being perceived as interesting?

Just do whatever he hell you enjoy. God damn.
>>
>>26974327
m8 this board isn't representative of even 1% of men, you have a percentage that browse 4chan, and an even smaller percentage that come here, these guys are the especially jaded individuals.
It would be as if I went to /fit/ and drew on the conclusion that ALL people who lift weights HATE fat people just because all /fit/izens hate fatties
>also
can't remember the last time I met a female that did housework, you obviously aren't young, because women my age are childish slobs, especially the attractive ones that have had their needs seen to for their whole attractive lives
>>
File: 1457296385037.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1457296385037.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>26974197
>lists hobbies of every male
>"anime and vidya"
>tfw you havent left your basement in so long you forget other guys have hobbies that dont revolve around ones and zeros flashing across their screen

Leave your pig pen and experience the world fag
>>
>>26980237
>Just do whatever the hell you enjoy
This is the birth rates in natives, in European countries are decline
This is why society is engulfed in hedonism, consumerism and individualism
>just do whatever the hell you enjoy
This is why most men and women, sit on their increasingly obese arses, watching gormless TV and media, ingesting the degenerative messages globalist cooperatives give you.

Plus, arguing is enjoyable, I love the heat, the clash, sharping myself defending or berating any and all things
>>
Women are perpetual children and all of their "interests" boil down to narcissism.
>>
>>26980237
Because people feel the need to compare themselves to others and look down on them, thinking they're better because whatever reason makes them sleep at night.
>>
My girlfriend's hobbies are anime and video games. She doesn't wear makeup enough to consider it a hobby, same for the rest. If her hobbies align with mine, why should I care about the rest? You're not really trying to get with a girl that doesn't have similar interests to you, are you /R9K/?
>>
>>26979292
evolutionary developed habits from the homosapien female. If only men and women at large knew how men and women differ we wouldnt have the problems that we do. Men evolved creating, leading, advancing tribes, clans countries societies and empires, we handed over those reigns to women, and we have lost the knowledge that men and women are different and do different things better and worse than one another. Being rulers, CEOs, warriors, scientists and philosophers are for the XY
>>
>>26980351
So people should work in THEIR FREE TIME?

All in order to be "interesting", whatever that means? To impress some roastie or what? Perhaps this is the sort of shit that makes some people here so pathetic in the eyes of everyone in the real world. They care too much about what others think and constantly try to impress them, going as far as doing shit that they might not even enjoy simply because it gives them an ego boner. This attitude is as beta as it gets. Like people playing wonderwall in a party.

And no, I'm not a normie and I won't even list my hobbies because I know no one cares.
>>
>>26974197
Male/female origin of innovations indicate that men are more diverse in their hobbies.
>>
>>26980237
Because the thread is about whether or not men/women have hobbies and it hinges on the very definition of what constitutes a hobby.

So google's definition,
"an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure",
includes things like consuming entertainment, as do many dictionary definitions, but as a society we do not live or die by the definitions in dictionaries, so the common split is probably between those that consider hobbies only things that you could actually do as a profession that you do in your leisure time (aka pretentious assholes) and those that believe sitting on your ass or getting ready for work is taxing enough and makes them interesting (aka useless lazy fucks). Me, I'm somewhere between useless lazy fuck and pretentious asshole. I don't think things like washing your hair are really hobbies (makeup, collecting shoes you're actually going to wear for work), but there's also people that collect stamps, comic books, and other aficionado activities that could very well be hobbies and don't translate well into business. Watching TV is probably a hobby, but I don't see it as one unless you're getting into more serious analysis or critique as well. Until you do that, it's simply an interest.
>>
>>26974197
lel but can they install gentoo from scratch and install a gui with it?
>>
File: does this look like bait.png (263 KB, 520x377) Image search: [Google]
does this look like bait.png
263 KB, 520x377
>>26974197
2/10 made me respond with this original comment
>>
>>26980992
The problem with leaving it up to such a subjective interpretation is that people will debate its meaning when it already has a defined meaning. Why bother even trying to figure out what hobby means if it's just up to a person's own silly rules and interpretation?

That's what the dictionary definition is for. Clarification and simplicity instead of overthinking the definition of something simple like "hobby". It's not a good definition for the word if you have to argue what a simple and common word means.
>>
>>26980526
I was pointing out that the "just do what ever you want to do" mindset leads to unproductive, vapid and vacuous activities that are in no way expanding of the mind our 'soul', generally, all people do when they have this mindset is engage in garbage, I'm not saying pursue what others will think you should be doing. Buying old motorcycle engines and fixing them, introspective meditation or reading philosophy, is not what people generally think highly of you for doing, but is extremely rewarding to oneself personally and in their day to day interactions with people and the world
>>
>>26981148
But wouldn't that mindset work if the person in question wanted to pursue "productive" hobbies?
>>
File: KgoIQvh.jpg (247 KB, 1400x990) Image search: [Google]
KgoIQvh.jpg
247 KB, 1400x990
>>26980448
>2016
>getting with a girl
>what's the chances of avoiding situation of pick related?
8/10 made me chuckle
>>
Men are far more into their hobbies than women.

Look at men who are into cars versus women who are into horses.

Men learn to disassemble and repair an entire engine while women learn about horse breeds and wear those horse riding pants that make their asses look good.
>>
>>26974818
this women have less gray matter then men and which makes them bad at single task thinking.
>>
>>26981209
>it's so different
kek
>>
>>26981217
Partially untrue. Though perhaps my interpretation of "horses" is different. I've met women who participate in competitions and train their horses to do so. Or at the very least put the resources into making someone else do it so they can copy the signals to make the horse do as they want.

So maybe that's just horse riding instead of merely horses.
>>
File: 893479479.png (10 KB, 542x161) Image search: [Google]
893479479.png
10 KB, 542x161
>anime and videogames aren't hobbies!
Yes they are.

A hobby is just something you do a lot in your free time that can be used for anything. Biking, reading, cooking, organizing, and shitposting can all be considered hobbies. A hobby doesn't have to be inherently productive.
>>
>>26981118
Definitions are subjective, though, as dictionaries hardly keep up with the times and language is fluid. Consider the word bully: it no longer is used to mean "very good or first rate", just like the word buffalo isn't used to mean bully, or bewilder. Common usage dictates the definition, not the other way around. If you went around calling things gay, or saying "bully, that", people would think you're a bigot and an abusive dick-tater. That's why establishing commonalities is important when discussing things that are interpreted differently in different subcultures.
>>
>>26974904
Basic maintenance of your appearance isn't a hobby you vapid fucking slut.
>>
>>26982406
Yes but the meanings they have are usually very straightforward or well-defined. Bully has a clear meaning despite it turning into what it has. In the case of hobby it's completely ambiguous when left to the interpretations by people. Look at this thread, people can't determine if it's something productive out of a job, the dictionary definition (an activity for relaxation or leisure), and so on. They'll argue over their opinion of what it is instead of just agreeing to the dictionary definition for clarity's sake. "Hobby" in the subjective definitions it has been given is rendered unclear, causing more debate of what it means/what falls under its definition rather than the potential hobbies themselves.

Basically, when people are left to decide what hobby means it's a shitty word. At least the dictionary version is accessible and immediately clear.
>>
File: 1457283337504.jpg (189 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
1457283337504.jpg
189 KB, 600x640
>anime isn't a hobby

I am an animator. I have been fascinated with cartoons ever since childhood. Japan creates the best 2D animation, and it's incredible to watch and learn from the breathtaking work some of these studios put into creating fluid animations. You can fuck right off with your "anime isn't a hobby because your a nerd xD" idiocy you dumb fucking slut.

Go follow the retard-proof instructions for that shitty recipe you found on Buzzfeed, maybe if you post it to reddit a bunch of whores just like yourself can validate you and you can successfully delude yourself into believing you actually have a "hobby" and are worth anything more than the wet hole in between your legs. Worthless bitch.
>>
>>26982780
>posting smug anime girls as a hobby
Living the dream.
>>
>>26974197
> cooking
> reading
> refurbishing furniture

Dude, me and my friends talk about this all the time...who doesn't love cooking for god sake? It's like eating out but better and cheaper
>>
>>26982780
Showing you are the exception to the rule doesn't disprove how watching anime can be seen as a wasted hobby.
>>
File: 239852612.png (96 KB, 351x263) Image search: [Google]
239852612.png
96 KB, 351x263
>>26974197
>thrifting
By women's definition this is just "buying shit on sale." Not a hobby at all.
>nails
>makeup
These aren't hobbies, this is personal grooming. That's like if I claimed that taking a shower every 3 days is a hobby of mine.
>altering clothing
>sewing
These are the same fucking thing, why did you try to split one hobby into two? Artificially lengthening your list?
>cooking
>baking
Again, these only count as one.
>maintaining bike
This is like me claiming that unclogging my toilet when my shit gets stuck is a hobby. Maintenance of another hobby is not in itself a hobby.
>publishing
Getting published means literally nothing today because for all we know, she paid a vanity-publisher to print her "book" (and I highly doubt its quality, mind you) instead of getting picked up by a real publisher that would offer her a commission and royalties.

So in short, once the bullshit is cut away from your list, four women were collectively able to come up with about seven hobbies between them.

Meanwhile here are mine, individually:
>hiking
>camping
>canoeing
>used to go fishing, stopped for ethical reasons
>writing; split these into poetry, prose, and roleplaying/tabletop if you want to continue being retarded and thinking "maintaining bike" is a hobby
>cooking
>film critique
>whiskey tasting, if you want to go out on a limb a little (most people would probably think it's a flimsy excuse for alcoholism)

I have more hobbies than four "creative" women do, lmao.
>>
>>26974443
>a plethora of hobbies
They can all be summarized as "arts and crafts." Or are you telling me that you would unironically distinguish "halloween slimes" from a tiny tic-tac-toe pebble game as different "hobbies"? I know women are mentally ill but this is outright delusion.
>>
I've always enjoyed browsing /diy/ occasionally to look into some of the neat things people do.
>>
Is it bad that I want to encourage girls for their cute little arts and crafts attempts at "hobbies", even though objectively I know they're pathetic and that I'm holding them to ridiculously low standards?

This thread just feels like I'm kicking a puppy or something, IDK.
>>
>>26981209

lol gets me everytime
>>
>>26975433

no one is bothered by it, the butt of the joke in that meme is the women. le typical women fussing over absolutely nothing. does that tickle your smelly hole?
>>
>>26974197
am male
videogames isnt a hobby, its entertainment, degenerateshits make it a hobby
i like
>guitar
>drawing
>reading
>cooking
>>
>>26975982

the categorical list of female hobbies mentioned in this thread thus far

> cooking
> fashion
> birthing???

oh yeah way to prove those men wrong on female hobbies ladies.
>>
>>26974197
>>vidya, anime

>implying the only hobbies for men are vidya and anime

If those are your only hobbies you are an outcast of society, a freak, a robot and girls will not like you.
I find le reddit extremely hypocritical in this regard as they have not counted any other hobbies but instead add every day to day activity (as you have) to a list and call them hobbies.

I would like to point out why lots of these womens hobbies are bullshit, first of all you're again implying that all women do all of these hobbies and aren't just a few liberals bullshitting and circle jerking each other on leddit, also;
> makeup - IS just normal maintenance for ALOT of women. If you believe that women wear makeup to attract men and not just for themselves then you have found yourself a very big loophole in the liberal sjw belief and are choosing to ignore it
> cooking, baking .... baking is cooking for fuck sake and cooking is necessary for survival inb4 you can just live off of nutbars and takeaway. This AGAIN is implying that men don't cook or that is doesn't count when men do it which is extremely hypocritical as the reverse is almost their entire argument.
> reading - wow you read, good for you and again it doesn't seem to count when men do it. You cannot just say reading (for example) counts as a hobby for women but not for men. It just isn't a hobby regardless of gender. "I spend hours in bookstores" lmao you don't spend dollars in a book store, I bet
> sewing, knitting, "decorating" - I don't understand how decorating could be classed as a hobby and there seems to be a pattern with all of these hobbies. You take only two hobbies for men and anything that falls under the umbrella of them you ignore but with women you expand and separate one hobby into many and then exaggerate them. e.g collecting shit from thrift stores and modifying it. well what about collecting shit from vidya stores and modifying it?

CONT.
>>
>>26974197
>>26985195
the plebbitor wasn't specific enough about sewing for me to argue it's legitimacy so I will simply dismiss it, if that's not okay with you then I don't care.

>cycling - is just exercise/transportation unless you do bmx, mountain biking, racing or some sort of competition with it. "and do my own bike maintenance" this is another example of what I mean by splitting one hobby into many. No shit you need to look after a fucking bike, there isn't a single guy who cycles and includes "own bike maintenance" as a hobby, it's ridiculous.
>again most of this shit falls into the same category/hobby that I have covered in my previous comment
>writing and self publishing - the ledditor in question didn't actually specify anything about their book, they didn't say that their writing was creative so I'll scratch that one off as it is widely regarded that self publishing is pointless and it doesn't sound like their book is very successful. If the comment they wrote is indicative of the quality of their book then I really wouldn't count their ramblings as a legitimate publication and therefore not a legitimate hobby and the only other person who has seemingly read this book and was dating the author didn't count it either. jfc looking at that comment is painful "no one will ever like me!!1!", fucking hell

Well I hope that answers your question but if not then let me describe a reverse scenario:
>"Women are mean, why doesn't anyone count fapping to 2d girls a hobby! I draw my own girls to fap to, AND I POST THEM ON 4CHAN! why don't they count anything on this list as a hobby :( 11!!11:
> cooking, eating, shitting, wiping my ass, flushing, sitting, standing, sleeping, vidya (I spend hours in vidya stores11!!11), animating gondolas, self publishing my gondolas, crafting - whatever the fuck that means, catching the bus, ugh women are ridiculously "judgmental", entitled and cruel!1!1"

Get the fuck over yourself, special snowflake.
>>
>>26974327
Cleaning the shitter is a great hobby to have.
>>
>>26985523
I don't know famalama, animating gondolas sounds pretty rad.
>>
>>26974407
nice sample size you fucking retard and both responses are samefagged by you anyway
>>
>>26974327
>constantly reading about how much men hate women

I hope you don't really judge the entirety of men based on what r9k tells
>>
File: mickey.jpg (94 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
mickey.jpg
94 KB, 900x900
>people unironically defending women in this thread
>>
Most women don't do anything interesting. They just talk about what they did to their hair, tweet things about their friends, listen to some music, and that's all. Counting make-up as a hobby is bullshit, unless you actually try new make ups or do something cool and actually creative like monster make up, you're just painting your face the same way every day. It's like saying that you're an architect when you only put bricks all day. I know very few women that sew or knit, but that's actually a hobby. With cooking, we have the same criteria than make up, making noodles isn't a hobby, and sadly I know even less women that cook than women that sew. In fact, I know more men that cook than women that cook.

To be fair, I wouldn't in a million years expect a woman to like anime or videogames, but in exchange at least I would like to not be despised by women for liking those things, which tends to happen a lot.
>>
>>26986024
too bad that OP cannot argue for shit and will just instead refuse to change her mind even a little but instead cry about all difficulties in her life on tumblr and bait people on 4chan for reassurance that sexism is real
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.