[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your social circle look like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 21
File: sc.jpg (97 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
97 KB, 700x467
What's your social circle look like?
>>
A few chads, a lot of normies. Most of us have girlfriends that are like 7/10's. We usually go play basketball during our free time from our jobs which pay us all in the high 6 figures.
>>
My dog smells like shit and has too much energy. I feel guilty if I don't spend the entire day playing with him.
>>
do insects count as friends?
>>
You need to leave.

4/10 bait, got me mildly annoyed.
>>
I don't have one.

Does r9k count?
>>
>>26974100
I have one friend but she's a weeaboo so that doesn't really count
>>
I hang out with a group of failed normie stoners. No girls allowed
>>
File: large.png (197 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
large.png
197 KB, 480x368
The gang's all here.

>original comment
>>
File: 101100010000142.jpg (185 KB, 552x442) Image search: [Google]
101100010000142.jpg
185 KB, 552x442
<----- Probably something like this
>>
>>26974100
Usually it's a group of people who somewhat tolerate me, got tired of them so I've been avoiding them all recently
>>
>>26974100

> social circle

lollll
>>
>>26974100
my classmates
sometimes I talk to them
>>
File: Doing stuff with my friends.jpg (191 KB, 403x772) Image search: [Google]
Doing stuff with my friends.jpg
191 KB, 403x772
This is my life.
>Pic kinda related.
>>
File: isout.png (270 KB, 1917x986) Image search: [Google]
isout.png
270 KB, 1917x986
>>26974100
It looks like this
>>
>>26974100
>social circle
get the fuck out
>>
>>26974149
And for what reason would you come to /r9k/?
>>
File: 1446701479564.png (196 KB, 1915x932) Image search: [Google]
1446701479564.png
196 KB, 1915x932
>>26974454
I have friends just like that anon, mine are a little darker because I live in Chicago
>>
I used to be a failed normie but just a month ago I made friends with a lesbian couple and their straight girl orbiters. Feels good to be only male in group even if they don't like men
>>
>>26974502
Because I'm an autist
>>
Most robots don't post their faces so I don't know what they look like
>>
File: Map.jpg (66 KB, 1266x606) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
66 KB, 1266x606
>>26974100
I did my best drawing it
>>
2 regular 4channers (one's on /pol/ mostly, other on /out/) and 2 normies.
>>
My mom, my sister, her daughter. Occasionaly a friend of mom's, and sister's boyfriend. Does the guy at the grocery store I see 4 times a week count? (we don't talk though)
>>
My good friend and his wife.

I dont even talk to people on normie book anymore.

All my outside interactions are through online games like csgo.

Oh and my fedex jerb.

Simple but comfy.
>>
>>26974100
A normie friend I have known since like first grade. He is the most positive person I have ever known. He brought me to parties and things in HS.
An ultranerd friend I love who lives just outside of Chicago don't get to see. Might visit him next summer.
A weird guy who studies biology. He is a communist. He knows a lot about history so we talk about that mostly.

At college have three friends.

One friend is a manlet. I think he could a gf if he was not so short. He is a good friend we go to concerts together.
Another is a total poltard who is chem/physics double major.
A total stoner with no motivation.
>>
>>26974976
I am grateful for my friends. ]
>>
>>26974642
not terrible, if you want to improve it you obviously try to make the secondary friends your friends even when your best friend isn't around

good diagram
>>
>>26974100
A dot.
>>
File: Cia.jpg (389 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cia.jpg
389 KB, 1920x1080
>>26974100
Umm, you don't get to bring friends.
>>
>>26974100
I primarily hang out with my best friend since fifth grade. He is probably as autistic as me. We have the exact same classes in school and car pool nearly every day.

I also hang out with this guy who when I am at his house I have basically an infinite supply of weed to smoke as much as I want and he orders pizza that I eat (for free). He has lived across the street from my family since before I was born and our mothers were best friends.
Various people come over and chill at his house frequently.

I also have a literally autistic black freckled British friend (im clapistanian) who I have known since fifth grade. He loves sonic the hedgehog, trains, and 3d animating. I occasionally hang out with him.

I also call my friend who lives down the street to chill.

I also have a gaggle of work buddies who I talk to frequently that I met at the min wage retail job I use to help with school.
I dont think I am a normie but people seem to like me.
I am just trying to get over my own feelings of not fitting in which is what isolates me most of the time.
>>
>>26975672
This also doesn't count the extensive list of people I have spent hundreds of hours each talking to playing Eve Online.
>>
>>26974289
The gang is.
>>
>>26974100
me, like 3 friends from elementary school, and on the fringe a few other people i tried caring about
>>
>>26974100
I don't have one.

I used to be friends with a really cool dude, and he was my best friend. Him and I used to hang out with a couple of other people, but it was us together most of the time. He was the only dude who completely understood where I was coming from.

Once he got married his wife turned him into a bitch. She would get offended at every fucking thing I'd ever say. She didn't like me from the get go, not that I liked her either.

Me and my friend were/are both insecure and had/have some communication issues. It wouldn't take much for someone close to him like his wife to turn everything I say into an insult thrown his way or completely alter his opinion of me.

There were a few definitive events where our friendship got strained, but we still tried to chill and we would but it'd always feel just a bit off.

I just stopped communicating with him a couple of months ago. I miss having a friend, but stopping communication with him came in as revelation of sorts regarding how long ago it was that we were friends at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 650x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 650x427
like this except they're not all harold, or men, or old people, or people at all. So it's just me sitting in front of my computer laughing except im laughing, im crying
>>
>There are people right now on /r9k/ who have a social circle
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26974100

I don't have a social circle. Aren't there any robots left on this board?
>>
>>26976098
>I don't have a social circle
Why not?
>>
File: 1454992562803.jpg (89 KB, 1300x863) Image search: [Google]
1454992562803.jpg
89 KB, 1300x863
Everyone is mildy autistic including me. By mild I mean that we can be somewhat normal but still have a few autistic habits. Most of the time we just insult each other for fun and play vidya from our own house or at LAN parties.

I'm really sure that one of them is a /pol/ack too.
>>
>>26976113
Do you know where you are? originale
>>
>>26974100
stoner chads mostly, two dwarf chads, one semiturbo chad, normie guy, party hard normiechad, weirdo normie, black rich Tyrone
they mock me for being a kv constantly
>>
It look like this pic.
>>
>>26976113

Because I'm perpetually depressed, lack social skills, and am completely unapproachable.
>>
My mom and my dad.
>>
File: amikawaiiugu.gif (206 KB, 250x185) Image search: [Google]
amikawaiiugu.gif
206 KB, 250x185
>>26974100
I have a social worker who drops by every once in a while to check if I'm alive and drives me to appointments, oh and two cats. That's the closest thing I have to a social circle. I live alone and I don't even speak to my family.
And this is how I like it.
>>
>>26974100
mildly autistic, but get along with people because they are nice

no gfs in our circle, LOTS of alcohol getting black out drunk together every week, otherwise they would probably never go out
>>
File: IMG_0211.png (177 KB, 1429x805) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.png
177 KB, 1429x805
like anyone else on here who isn't lying
>>
a couple of friends but i dont really like them and they dont really like me
>>
>>26976262

That pic hurts to look at.

The feels.
>>
>>26974100
Two friends, and we're each mutual.

First is Jamaican/Puerto Rican. Hes outcasted from blacks due to his token-ness, high intelligence, and manchildren interest. Hes the first friend I ever made, and we consider each other like brothers from having both come from poverty stricken, bad family, and racially intensive backgrounds. He is a history wizard and he loves law and politics. We usually spend our time talking about that, playing video and screwing each other over in games, and sometimes we discuss philosophy and the theory of normies and modern day social culture. We sometimes get into heated debates about history and scare the shit out of people by shouting at one another, and we think its hilarious.

Other friend is Caribbean/Italian. Hes an extremely talented asexual manchild artist/music composure who has a simple love of video games and animation, and previously had no idea what to do with his life. Hes an extremely laid back and cool person so even normies chads and stacey's flock to him. He looks like a spanard chad. As far as background goes he lived a normal life, but, in his own words he never found true friends. Just a bunch of raging autist on his hobbies/interest level, and everyone else was two faced and really shallow. He was surprised I liked the same things he did and wasn't cancer about it and actually could hold not biased conversations with him and take him seriously so we clicked, and now we do game development for a living after I taught him about it and told him my own interest in it. I think its hilarious how in sync we are with our humor, observations, and opinions. We surprise people by saying the same exact thing.
>>
>>26974100
I've got two main circles. One social circle with a black, white, and asian guy that I play Tabletops and Vidya with. The other circle is a group of white kids at college that I skateboard, surf, and drink with occasionally with.
>>
My cat, which is like a son to me and 4chan.
>>
>>26974100
Two chads, two normies, two robots.
Obviously I'm a robot too.
>>
I used to have one awesome friend, such a funny and nice guy. Could handle the banter, we would always shit on each other and crack jokes, but all in good spirit. Never any resentment. Never took himself too seriously, either. All good things come to end though. I really deserved it, though. He got a girlfriend who was pretty overweight and he started hanging around her more and more so naturally I was pretty jealous. I Started complaining to others how fat his girlfriend was and since my peers were all teenagers, that obviously got back to him. He really never spoke to me again after that. Yeah, I'm a fucking insecure asshole, still regret it.

The only friend I have left is a leftover from high school, I really don't even like him anymore.

I bonded with this dude over metal and punk music, but he's so insecure about absolutely everything that I think he's clinically a narcissist (but at the same time, he's pretty much a fucking loser.) Takes himself way too seriously, can't handle banter at all. He can't handle anyone being better than him to the point that we can't play games together, because he just flat out doesn't want to (fear of losing.) His idea of a friendship is visiting my house, and bragging about how much pussy he slams while I shower him with compliments. Furthermore, he has absolutely no sense of humor; I don't think this kid has legitimately made me laugh in the 5 years I've known him. His idea of a joke is "I kill babies and abuse my wife!!!" in public so that people look at him, or some variation of that. Actually I'm lying, one time he did make me laugh, when he was walking down the street doing his lame routine of saying "shocking" things around normies about childrape, and he tripped and fell on the sidewalk, in the middle of the city around hundreds of people. He was so mad and embarrassed he got up and started punching his brother. (Any psychologists know what to call this?) Just really awful to be around.
>>
>>26975733
The gang's
>>
>>26974100
Me and my Computer.
>>
I've got a group of friends who I play computer games with. I see 3 people from the group semi regularly irl to get drunk with and smoke weed with. Aside from that I have a hippy friend who is the most positive person I know, who I hang out with when he isn't busy, and occasionally play CSGO with, and a girl from a job I used to work at who I get lunch with every now and then. for an autistic khv I feel pretty lucky
>>
>>26974100
Well, I have some college friends, pretty chill guys and few girls that are alright too I guess.

Then I have those childhood real friends, 5 of us living in a 200 meter radius, we'd each do anything for eachother and we've known eachother our whole lives.

And my broader social circle is basically people who I rave and drink with on weekend, few local bands who we chill with and some random new people, friends of friends etc.

Really, if only I was as good and confident with women as I am at making friends...
>>
>>26977539
/r/redpill and fuck off normie
>>
3 separate groups that I'm not close with any of them.

Small group of kids from high school with whom I can barely relate. They consider me a hipster/contrarian since I do not like the same things they do. I don't know why I still hang out with them as I feel out of place any time I'm around them now.

Group of old roommates who are all older than me from college. Only friends with about 4 of them. The rest of people I only know as friends of friends. Group has slowly grown apart due to growing up, getting jobs, moving, and relationships (other than me). Still the main group I interact with at this point.

Group of old guys I used to play on Battle.net and the like with a long time ago. Most of them never went to college, and they do not really do anything. Very distant with them after high school, but they used to be the only people that I would do things with. Do something with them few times a year.

Not close with anyone. Only kid I've considered a best friend lives in another country now. Feel like I'm stuck at standstill as everyone else moves on with their lives at this point. I get the impression people only still keep in contact with me out of etiquette or some perceived obligation.
>>
>>26977635

I won't fuck off tho. And I've literally only been on reddit once, and that was to check some gaming info.
>>
File: 1431059822873.jpg (22 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1431059822873.jpg
22 KB, 353x352
>social circle

It's probably more like a social dot for us robots
>>
I don't understand robots who go to college and still manage not to have any friends. I mean, at my college even the worst asocial weirdos actually find someone likeminded to hang out with.

I have a literal autist that eats his fucking boogers and earwax in front of everyone (and makes that soup eating sound while doing it) and doesn't understand any social norms going to some classes with me. And even he has some friends, which I wouldn't believe had I not seen it with my own eyes.

I'm not saying you guys are lying or anything, I just honestly don't understand how someone can't meet anyone who shares their interests or whatever.
>>
File: Circle of friends.jpg (27 KB, 787x350) Image search: [Google]
Circle of friends.jpg
27 KB, 787x350
Penny the Queen Cat is #1!
>>
File: 1456774781461.jpg (109 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1456774781461.jpg
109 KB, 569x802
>>26975313

Was feeling a part of your master plan?
>>
>>26977853
You are a normie thats the point.
>>
>>26977913
I am, I get that man, but that doesn't answer my question at all.
>>
>my dog
>an Autist from college I never see

If I ever got a gf I think she'd leave me when she found out I have no friends.

Worst part is I have fuck loads of acquiantances but just can't break the friendship barrier
>>
>>26977853
I have university and the best i can achieve is to get some people i sometimes sit around at lectures or chat with if i see them at the school pub.
I never have any contact with anyone from school unless it's at a lecture or the school pub.
>>
>>26977978
Why though? Do you not want to hang out with them, or does everyone reject you?

I mean, have you ever asked those people you chat with what their plans are for the weekend or something?
>>
>>26977946
I don't know why people don't like me and can't make friends. For a while I did have people to sit with in lecturers but it became obvious I was forcing myself on them and they wouldn't sit with me so I stopped, by then groups had formed and I was outside.

In societies I was tolerated if I turned up but they held other social things and never invited me I only knew about them as they would be saying how awesome it was at the next society weekly meeting. They never became my friends I don't know why.
>>
>>26977946
Some robots just can't get along with anyone. The friendship wall can't be cracked for some people.
>>
>>26977853
My problems with college:

-Got my own room so had no reason to leave out and no roommate to connect with.
-I'm a math major, which is already full of anti-social types.
-I'm a transfer student and so slightly older than most students, many of which have already built friendships over their first couple years.
-I didn't join any clubs, and by the time I realized I should have, I also realized it would be too awkward to try and join any so late into the year.

I did actually have a chance to connect with some people (kinda nerdy types into vidya and stuff like me), and slightly did when I first came around. For the first couple weeks they'd ask me to go to lunch with them but I always passed (because I ate already, not because I didn't want to go) so they stopped asking.
>>
2 redditers, 1 9gager and 1 black
>>
>>26978096
What's it like having a black friend?
>>
>>26974100
A couple of robots and fat girl who likes me. That's it.
>>
File: 1446000360893.jpg (519 KB, 1700x1832) Image search: [Google]
1446000360893.jpg
519 KB, 1700x1832
>>26977949
>
If I ever got a gf I think she'd leave me when she found out I have no friends.

>Worst part is I have fuck loads of acquiantances but just can't break the friendship barrier

So true for me too man. Basically exactly the same for me.
>>
>>26978114
He is cool, really into music. More recently he has been spouting all this#blacklivesmatter shit and he is not even african american or american for that matter.
>>
>>26978066
>>26978054
>>26978045

I'm sorry to hear that guys, I guess some people just find it harder to break those initial barriers.

Least I can do is not try to give some shitty advices to you. Wish you best in life though.
>>
>>26974560
haha nice bait you almost had me there
>>
>>26974100
Used to be gf and her friends. Now it's just me, alone again.
I tried to keep some of them as friends but they're not my friends. They likely only put up with me for her sake.

Does /r9k/ count as a social circle?
>>
>>26977999
It just feels like we're not close enough and it would be very weird.
Also I'm not good at talking and such so if we were sober I have no idea what we'd do and if have nothing to say.
>>
File: smugwojakgang.png (1 MB, 1437x732) Image search: [Google]
smugwojakgang.png
1 MB, 1437x732
>>26974100
This is what my social circle looks like.
>>
>>26974100
There's like five people in my uni that I know the name of and vice versa, we exchange greetings etc. when we see eachother there. But I don't really have any social circle outside of that.
>>
I have two sort of friends I do stuff with like once a week. I'm thankful I have even that much since it is more than I've had since middle school. I don't even have steam friends.
>>
>>26978354
Based on what I've seen on /v/, "Steam friends" is pretty fucking gay (literally), so I don't think you're missing out on much unless you're a homo (not that there's anything wrong with that).
>>
File: kauw.jpg (101 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
kauw.jpg
101 KB, 900x600
There's a bunch of birds that visit me every day and I feed them leftover bread or cheese when I'm feeling like it.
I like them, they are clever birds.

Got mad at my brother today because he was shooting paper darts at them.
>>
>>26974100
I'm friendly with quite a few people, but not very close to any of them. I don't think they give a shit about me.
>>
>>26978568
I wouldn't really want an ERP friend, but just having someone to talk to with similar interests or play games with would be wonderful.
>>
>>26974454
ahahahaha.......sigh.....
>>
>>26978640
Are they crows? Because crows are really clever.
>>
File: 006398-Jackdaw-Winston.jpg (58 KB, 623x504) Image search: [Google]
006398-Jackdaw-Winston.jpg
58 KB, 623x504
>>26978847
Nah, according to google translate they're called Jackdaws in English.
They are smaller than crows but the same family.

Watching them have a go at peanuts can be really amusing.
>>
>>26977853

> I just honestly don't understand how someone can't meet anyone who shares their interests or whatever

My interests are vidya and animu. I live in a third world country where people don't like vidya and animu. 2+2 = anon has no friends.
>>
>>26977853
Autistic. Not particularly interested in having friends or not, so it's just a matter of whether or not I "fall into it". Usual vectors for that:

- Living together: I live alone because of cost.
- Eating together: I have severe IBS, I eat usually about 3 small meals/week to minimize pain.
- Alcohol/drugs: I'm obsessed with Kantian ethics and drugs are degenerate.
- Clubs/hobby groups: I have zero interests outside of school. I attend class, sit in my room when I don't have class, and sleep as soon as I'm done with my work.

It's not immensely difficult to not have any acquaintances if you're not looking for them, you don't have to push them off you or anything.
>>
>>26977853
Some people just aren't meant to have friends.
>>
>Cousin I run into sometimes at college, sometimes we take the bus together
>Group of friends (i.e. people I used to eat lunch with) I had in school but haven't seen or spoken to in about a year
>Wizard Gods, mystic scholars, and spiritual exorcists I like to fantasize about
>Sometimes I have dreams where I meet people I used to be friends with years ago and feel incredibly happy and content to be together again, but then I wake up and it turns out they never existed at all
>>
File: Fun.jpg (103 KB, 620x761) Image search: [Google]
Fun.jpg
103 KB, 620x761
>>26977853
>I have a literal autist that eats his fucking boogers and earwax in front of everyone (and makes that soup eating sound while doing it) and doesn't understand any social norms going to some classes with me. And even he has some friends, which I wouldn't believe had I not seen it with my own eyes.
The fact that he eats snot and wax in front of people means that he probably doesn't have any inhibitions and just talks to whoever he feels like. He probably found some people who could put up with his weird shit and get along with him. Maybe they have common interests, or a shared sense of humour, or they've known each other since childhood or something.

Robots aren't like that. We (not speaking for all robots, just me and people like me) are terrified of talking to people. We don't even look at people. If we have interests, we don't know how to (or even want to) share them. We have shitty, autistic senses of humour. We don't have fun or engage in social events. We don't enjoy being around other people, even if we like them. Even if there was someone out there who we could get along with, it's almost impossible for us to actually meet them or for them to meet us.

Interacting with reality is painful for us; we do it when we have to, when we need to order over a counter or do a group project, but the second that's done we retreat into our autistic minds, whether we're daydreaming or anonymously shitposting on 4chan (which we all know isn't really interacting with anything).

I go most days without interacting with anyone besides my immediate family, and only barely with them. I might be forced to interact with somebody in a seminar, but other than that I spend my time in college either listening to a lecture or sitting on a bench reading. I say nothing and nobody says anything to me, it's the same every day, and that's it. Nothing can arise from a life like that. It's stagnant.
>>
A few old friends from high school, we hang out and play video games and go out to dinner or a bar just about every week.
My girlfriend and their girlfriends sometimes come along but we usually leave them out of it.
Also have a few friends at school, sexual tension between me and both of them but can't do anything about it because tfw gf.
>>
>>26975282
Nice one tbqh
>>
Every once in a while I'll get a snapchat from an old college-mate.

That's literally it.
>>
File: 0929151616-1.jpg (414 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0929151616-1.jpg
414 KB, 1280x720
Surrounded by lesbians 24/7
>>
>>26974100

Me, myself and I plus my noose
>>
>>26977853
I live 15km away from college so my parents won't pay for a room in a dorm over there. I also skip all classes
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.