[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people, who reject modern society but socialize with each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
Are people, who reject modern society but socialize with each other(such as members of different subcultures like punks, anarchists or hippies) considered normies?
>>
every community/social circle on the fucking planet believes that they are not like everyone else. even if it's people who call themselves democrats or republicans. they will reject "modern society" and social norms (the ones they don't like) as their main arguments.

punks are just regular people who like a certain type of music.

anarchists are fucking retarded.

hippies are just lazy.

i wouldn't call any of their lifestyles "normal" but everyone on the other side of the spectrum believes society is full of degenerates like them.
>>
>>26968978
Most of them are normies. Consider Leonardo Di Caprio, both his parents were hippies and they were obviously Chad and Stacy, as regards to his great genetics.
>>
>>26969066
So, they are just special snowflake normies?
>>
Honestly, everyone is a normie except very rare people like extreme psychopats, monks who take a code of silence and shit like that.

Robots are no less normies than any other subculture/group.
>>
>>26969066
Agreed, but I'd just add robots as "just bitter" to your list.
>>
>>26969105
Steve Jobs also was a New Age hippie. Normie as fuck.
>>
Alot of those people live their life on the road and dont have a steady home. Those people arent normies. They get by by stealing, panhandling or the occasisonal job here and there.

The trainhopping culture is the most robot subculture. They live in the shadows, always hiding from society and police, ride freight trains alone for days, steal some more when theyre in a city, and then hop back on a freight train to another state.
>>
>>26969151
Excellent EXCELLENT bait
>>
the normiephobia on this board has been getting worse
>>
File: Leonardo-Dicaprio-Beard-17.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1407) Image search: [Google]
Leonardo-Dicaprio-Beard-17.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1407
>>26969105
His parents were not particularly attractive people, and to be honest he isn't really a looker himself as an adult. If they're what you'd consider Chad and Stacy, you must look like the fucking crypt keeper or something.
>>
>>26969124
i'd say special snowflake normies are the type that doesn't integrate into any social group at all. of course it's usually because they substitute it with shit like pets or social media so they function almost no differently from everyone else.

my point is it doesn't really matter who you consider "normies" because on the strict definition only completely dysfunctional people who would never be capable of claiming to be the exception could be one, and on the loose definition literally everyone is a normie. you didn't randomly spawn in the desert and got raised by desert wolves, you were born into a society and found your place in it.
>>
>>26969284
I'm not even baiting, think about it. Robots are just a subculture who's main common interest is their hate for roasties, normies, chads, stacies and modern society.

Which is just funny considering subculture is a normie thing. Hence, robots are normies whos main characteristic is their hatred of other normies.
>>
>>26969327
Just like Hitler, who was a jew, yet hated jews.
>>
>>26969408
That comparison isn't all that bad really, robots just like Hitler are mostly self hating angry people who often end up killing themselves and sometimes others.
>>
You've pretty much just described /r9k/.
>reject modern society but socialize with each other
>>
>>26969151
r9k is a board for extreme psychopaths though
>>
>>26969482
Of people who think they are psychopaths.
> /r9k/ is full of people with self-diagnosed mental disease
> tumblr is full of people with self-diagnosed mental disease
Close enough.
>>
>>26969482
It really isn't. It's a board for bitter but tame people who fantasize about being extreme psychopats but are too lazy/scared/NORMAL to actually be one.

There's is maybe one or two legit psychopats lurking here, but most of the board is actually just ordinary people who hate their lives but are too pussy to improve themselves so they'd rather circlejerk here and hate on others.
>>
>>26968978
most of them are just degenerate normies
Only the original ones are are differing from society, but they are just gamma+ type personalities and not robots at all
>>
Being accepted by a subculture or clique automatically disqualifies you from being a robot, especially if you participate in:

>group activities with 2 or more people in the same clique more than once a month
>outcasting those that don't fit into your group standards
>bonding over shared interests

>>26969482
Basically, even /r9k/ is full of non-robots that have at least a normie dynamic with each other online (which counts). "Robots" are just like the goth kids of yore, or the punk kids, or those hipsters that were contrarian before it was cool. Rejecting modern society is just about as teenage angst as it gets. Walking around with a persecution complex (/r9k/ and tumblr, I'm looking at you) is immature, but it's hardly abnormal.
>>
Those guys aren't normies or robots. They're cyborg collectives
>>
Didn't hippies fuck each other senseless?

That's the very definition of normie.
>>
>>26968978
>are people, who reject modern society but socialize with each other(such as members of different subcultures like punks, anarchists or hippies) considered normies

ha ha, I don't know. Robots are exactly that. are they considered normies?
>>
>>26968978
Anarchists and hippies aren't outcasts in modern society.

Conservatives, Fascists and the alt-right in general are the outcasts, unfortunately.
>>
>>26968978
A robot is someone who can't fit into modern society.

A cyborg is someone who could fit into modern society but chooses not to

I'd say they're mostly cyborgs, robots tend to be rejected by modern society thanks to their poor social skills and therefore would be rejected by most subcultures as well.
>>
>>26969727
that's bullshit

a robot is someone with Y chromosomes that posts on r9k and has never had sex or been in a relationship
>>
>>26968978
I've thought of doing it. Dreamed of it. I think a lot of anti social people do.

I dunno if I could do it though. I'm not hardy enough to survive.
>>
uh, yes. these are people who never developed past high school cliquish behavior. most people will open themselves up to the rest of the world to seize whatever opportunities they can. these people, on the other hand, are isolationist bums who believe they're better than everyone because they adopted an antiquated lifestyle that likely spawned from a corporate office trying to sell music and clothing to kids.
>>
>>26969267
I've always wanted to live like that. I bet it's thrilling and dangerous.
>>
>>26969766
You're looking at the symptoms and not the disease.

If you want me to be more specific with my wording then a robot is someone who is -rejected- by modern society as well as most popular subcultures for their poor social aptitude.

To fit this in with your definition:

A women will very, very rarely be rejected by her society, especially on the grounds of poor social skills. If she is rejected then it's usually because she's outright immoral by her culture's standards which still works with my definition.

Someone who is rejected by their society for poor social skills will likely be a virgin.

Someone who is rejected by society for their social skills will likely enjoy internet forums.
>>
>>26969894
By that definition, /r9k/ is mostly inhabited by cyborgs, since most people here are capable but unwilling to fit into society in some degree.

Sure, most won't ever be really succesful or become chads, but that doesn't mean they couldn't find some average or a bit below average position in society.

In fact, I think most self proclaimed robots are actually people who reject society, not the other way around.
>>
>>26968978
They are called communists and need to be put down
>>
>>26969978
It's communist to want to live off the grid? Should we all live in cities shoulder to shoulder so the government can keep track of us all like cattle?
>>
>>26969954
You're right actually. The mental image I had of a robot was a boogie style neckbeard, but even he could fit in if he wanted to, but it would sacrifice of self. The next definition I had in mind is pretty much the exact same as yours.
>>
>>26970032
>muh freedum
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>26970106
Says a guy on fucking 4chan. How silly is that.
>>
>>26970106
oooooookay? and is something wrong with freedom? or the desire for freedom? you allude to it like it's a pipe dream. is freedom something i should just not strive for, cos you give so many reasons to give it up?

this isn't about going off grid or the NSA. this is about simple, societal conformity. where's the line drawn by mainstream society? what makes it so easy to assume someone with no social skills is a virgin?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.