[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: rollins.jpg (170 KB, 550x360) Image search: [Google]
rollins.jpg
170 KB, 550x360
What does /r9k/ fantasise about?

Despite having no musical talent, I daydream about dropping out of university and forming a band which makes fast and angry music a la Black Flag and Minor Threat. That teenage angst obviously still hasn't quite left.
>>
Pretty much, this.

All I want is to be in a punk band. Considering guitar lessons, but 24 is probably too old to learn to play very well.
>>
Wow there's 2 blacks at the concert. That's really cool. I know guys in black flag liked to joke around with swastikas sometimes so it's cool that there was blacks that "got it".
>>
>>26968047
i fantasize about sawyer from lost putting it in the doo doo canal
>>
This is r9k, we have no dreams
>>
Some days I dream of owning my own professional sports team

If I had the money for it I would immediately buy one even though it's usually a pretty shitty investment
>>
I want to become samurai
>>
I fantasize that one day I will met girl that will like me with all my flaws... seems impossible though.
>>
my pussy smells really bad and i fantasize that i have a pussy that doesn't smell bad like if i started washing it or stopped putting doo doo in there or something
>>
>>26968489
Get your PH tested and don't douche with anything other than purified water
>>
>>26968510
no thank you mister pussy expert.
>>
being cute and playing housewife for a man with middle class income
>>
File: 1309802410962.gif (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1309802410962.gif
69 KB, 300x300
I fantasize about packing a bare minimum and hitting the road, wandering all over America doing odd jobs. Making women fall in love with my mysterious vagabond ways and then breaking their hearts when the highway is calling me again. Carrying my guitar and writing lots of songs decorated with a working class inflection, copious harmonica breaks, and deep lyrics about the American dream. Meeting lots of interesting characters and hearing stories and going on adventures. Just being a lot less stressed because I don't have any responsibilities or attachments. I can go wherever I like whenever I desire. Hopped up on amphetamine while soaring down the interstate. I'll see every state's most beautiful landscapes. Then I wouldn't be worried about where my life's going, because my life would be exciting and sustainable.

There's some site where you can sign up to work on ranches and farms all over the world with housing included. Maybe this is within my reach. My life's in the shitter, I'm having trouble paying my rent and I'm in some debt and I'm not doing so hot in school. Makes me filled with constant panic and worry. I've pretty much just given up on everything. I'm all cooped up in my house and my room is filling up with garbage and I cut off contact with everyone. But I'm not sure, we're not living in the old America where the West was wild and free and open. Jobs are also a lot scarcer. Also I fucking can't even drive so I'd have to hitchhike, which will not stop a single car because we're all paranoid and distrustful now.
>>
>>26968489
kind of hoping that you are baiting or something
>>
>>26968539
well that's easy enough

You better not be a fucking trap or some shit though
>>
I have a few.

>Becoming an NFL QB who takes a shitty franchise like the Browns and wins super bowls with them.
>Small time criminal who becomes a kingpin through Machiavellian manipulations
>Super pro driver/street racer, running from the cops and beating other drivers
>>
I wanna be a famous cartoonist and also be the lead singer in a next level digital hardcore/no wave band and get a lotta bitches and influence popular culture in a really impactful way
>>
>>26968085
Never too late anon, I started at 21. You'll regret it if you don't do it 2bh.

Self train, understand the basics of chords, power chords, strumming and having a good ear. Practice everyday during your free time like it's part of your lifestyle. You can start with a cheap guitar then buy a good one that will suit your style and taste later on. You need to develop the callous on your fingers as proof that you play consistently. Check out vids of your fave bands and learn to play their songs and model how their guitarist plays them for the feels as basis.

Consistency in practice is the key while having fun. Meet with other guitarists or join a band, they are your driving force that will keep you playing.
>>
I daydream about being a rich eccentric who's a mad scientist.
>>
lel black flag and minor threat. OP, listen to me, you should form a metalcore band instead. i'm in a metalcore band and it's so fucking cash. you'll get fresh emo pussy every night you play, and music is mostly breakdowns so fun and easy to play.
my grandpa listened to bands like black flag etc.
>>
>>26968085
Punk is very easy to learn. It's not really a difficult style to play, so it'd be very easy to catch up with other musicians. Lots of punks have only been playing for a short time. That's like the whole style, kinda just messing around and not taking yourself too seriously. Playing guitar is a very fulfilling hobby, it's pretty much the only thing that's keeping me hanging on.
>>
>In the military like my dad and grandads before me, can't because born deaf.
>Be Happy.
>>
I wish I was a showrunner for my own HBO show

That's been my dream since I was 16. I currently write for a few theater troupes so I guess I'm doing OK
>>
Killing myself original comment
>>
I fantasize about backpacking to different countries for months or years, meeting various peoples, experiencing their cultures and in the process learning new things from experiences. Recording their daily lives and the landscape settings they are in by taking photos and videos. Creating meaningful memories as I wander from one place to another with an open spirit.

Almost every week, before going to sleep, I fantasize of this.
>>
I daydream about having my own house. I want to go off the grid, so it has solar panels and batteries and I've designed parts of that system.
I'd be a NEET and spend my days building stuff for the house.
>>
About chatting with girls and end up banging them.
I've managed to get the chatting part down somehow, I'm just too retarded to make a move. All I ever think about it successfully getting laid.
>>
>>26968047
I fantasize about becoming a successful, or at least published and able to support myself, novelist.

Too bad I can't write anything I like and I don't really enjoy writing.
>>
I fantasize about becoming some important guy in the military. I've already started working out. I will enlist when the time is right
>>
>>26968047

m8 the whole point of hardcore is that you don't have to be a trained musician to make it.

Just do it if you really want to. You also don't have to drop out of uni to do it. You'll actually be more likely to meet people into hardcore on a university campus than in a minimum wage workplace, and there will be more opportunities for you to find gigs at events and things.
>>
File: barre-chord-cahrt.jpg (44 KB, 520x393) Image search: [Google]
barre-chord-cahrt.jpg
44 KB, 520x393
>>26968085

Punk's easy to learn bra. Just learn barre chords -- Major (F and A shapes), minor and you're all set. Really, for most punk, you don't even need to learn minor chords.

Strumming is easy, it's all down strums.

The hardest part is just gaining finger strength to hold down the barre chords. But just keep practicing.

I'm kind of like you, OP. I like punk rock and wanted to be in a band. I started learning guitar around your age -- 25. However, I had tried to learn when I was younger too, but quit (around age 18). I learned a few open chords and gave up.

This time around, I had a Craigslist roommate that played guitar and he taught me and let me practice on one of his guitars until I got my own.

Speaking of guitars, get a cheap, used Les Paul. Maybe on Craigslist or from a pawn shop. You can probably find a cheap ESP or better and Epiphone to start on. Gibsons are obviously the best, but with punk, quality doesn't matter a ton. Especially when you are just practicing.

Good luck. I'd love to join a band. I'm too old to do a full-on hardcore punk band without looking ridiculous -- unless it's a Moistboyz type thing -- but I'd love to be in any type of band. The only thing holding me back is I have almost no friends and no one that plays instruments. My old roommate was the closest but he likes garbage classic rock, pop rock and wuss rock.
>>
>>26971919
you'll actually be more likely to meet people into hardcore on a university campus than in a minimum wage workplace
Not true at all, the only people I ever met who were into punk was in workplaces, when I went to Uni everyone was into fucking 80s music like Duran Duran or indie shit with synths.
>>
developing a hit indie game
>>
I fantasise about a 12 year old girl falling head over heels in love with me, she is my muse and my angel, I love her more than anyone can love anything, her innocence is pure and beautiful, it makes me feel happy inside.
>>
Can pretty much be summed up with having enough skill to be an influential voice on the fields that interest me

I just don't want to be another pointless number
>>
I dream about being an experimental electronic musician but I have no friends or links to get gigs or have my music released.
>>
>>26968047
I want to be god
>>
Don't worry there will be a punk revival when trump gets elected
>>
>>26968085
lmao learn yourself faggot, if you have to take lessons you shouldn't even try
>>
File: 1303095996642.jpg (39 KB, 608x580) Image search: [Google]
1303095996642.jpg
39 KB, 608x580
>>26972013
I thought '80s music was buried deep in concrete and never heard again.
>>
>>26972154
all the popular music students were into it, though I only saw them for that one class, i was doing culture studies and those ones were on a music management course maybe
>>
>>26972105
you don't need people to release your music
>>
>>26968047
I wanna start a youth crew band

:^)
>>
Getting my girlfriend back and being happy again.
She broke up with me Thursday, guys..
>>
>>26972212

I know, but I would like to release some music on a respected label.

Also I would like to play shows, but I don't know how promoters or groups feel about a random unknown sending them shit or asking to be put on the lineup.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.