[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /r9k/ about to you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1450416812735.jpg (8 KB, 207x228) Image search: [Google]
1450416812735.jpg
8 KB, 207x228
For me it's never been about complaining aobut not getting laid, frogs or being NEETs.
For me /r9k/ is a meeting place for those lost who just keep repeating the same mistakes for countless of days because they are unable or unwanting to change. It is a place for us to converse and advice each other to escape this meaningless cycle.
The understanding of never being alone with your problems, someone has always experienced the same and can relate is truly beatiful.
I feel like this kind of meaning for the board has been small for the few recent years but it still exists. Now then, share your own view on /r9k/.

>Fight on my brothers and sisters
>>
/r9k/ used to be a sanctuary to the human cockroaches of society
Now its just a place to shitpost about epic memes because everyone around back then either died, moved on or is still here but is drowned out by the tourists here for the next big meme.
>>
For me /r9k/ is just about people who are off. Any thread on the subject will show you that the majority of /r9k/ (not chad or normie posters) were raised by single mothers or single fathers. This board is about those who are stunted socially. It is for the mentally ill, it is for the ostracized, it is for all things and people outcast.

/r9k/ used to be a much better place. Not because it wasn't as filled with normies- because identity politics weren't as prevalent. Now everyone is so worried about if they are a true robot or a normie or a chad or whatever. There is so much pride behind being a robot for many people, when really it's not about labels. I'm not saying that we should welcome obvious Chads with open arms, but in fighting and identity politics is the cancer killing this place. So much animosity, this place used to be the place to come for sincerity on 4chan. Where everyone shared their relatively similar feelings, not similar because everyone was a virgin, similar because they weren't common feelings found in society.

tl;dr the board is about people who are off, and in fighting about who is "off" enough is killing it
>>
>>26967361
Do you know if there is another site to be a place for us? I would imagine the same people who "ruined" /r9k/ will also be there so i dont think it's possible anymore. I checked out wizardchan but it just doesn't feel the same
>>
>>26967417
Man i never really noticed how much of a pissing contest it is but you're right.
>>
>>26967300
It's a new content board. That's kind of it. Been here since before r9k existed and I'll probably be here long after it's gone (again).

It's been adopted by NEETS and losers (Make no mistake, I am both a NEET and a loser) as a refuge and place of connection. I come here because I'm super anti-social and talking to people on here gives me a social connection that doesn't require any commitment or real effort on my part.

I do however have a theory about why it's turned into a massively caustic and somewhat horrible place. And that is the same reason people watch reality television. It's to see people worse than us so we can feel better about ourselves.
People want the 'normies' out because they want to hear stories and connect with people that are 'worse off' than themselves so they can feel better about themselves. Even when we call out 'hey nobody is worse than me I'm xyz it's because we want somebody to stand up and say 'hey, I'm wxyz you freaking normie' so we can feel that we aren't so bad.

It's the 'cure' for personal development, we don't need to get better if there are all these people around us that are worse than us.

Just my thoughts, I would be interested to hear what you think though my anons.
>>
>unwilling to change
>muh self improvement meme :^)
This shit again, we're tired of you morons.
Fuck off you retarded shit, go back to /adv/, go to /soc/, go to /fit/, go to fucking reddit or whatever else cancerous place you can find.

>bbbbbbb-ut self improvement
Kill yourself.
I can't improve my disgusting face, I can't improve the fact that I'm a worthless manlet, I can't improve my social awkwardness or autism and neither can any other robot so shove it up your ass.

>bbbbbut you can make money
But being a wagecuck provides literally 0 benefits if your social life is still shit. In the best case scenario you become a beta provider for a used up slut ready to take your money, not even close to being worth the lost time and the stress and the effort that you have to put in.
>>
>>26967485
umm.. the fuck are you going on about? Can't decide if trolling or something else
>>
>>26967300
I pretty much agree. Largely a meeting place for the lost.
>>
I cant speak for other robots but i come here when i feel depressed and share it with other people who know what its really like
Ive connected emotionally a lot to my fellow robots and i dont regret my time here
>>
>>26967531
Yeah, it's a good thing good people still exist here
>>
>>26967512
>umm...
>can't decide if trolling or something else
Hello there, newfriend. How come you're so fucking retarded ?
He's claiming this board is for people who are unwilling to change which is bullshit.
>implying robots can change anything about them for the better
There's nothing to change that will actually improve your life, once you come to this board and call yourself a robot you accept that, if not then you're a failed normie who's too lazy to get a better life.
>>
/r9k/ is literally just /soc/

Except while /soc/ is filled with normal/narcissistic people who don't use any other 4chan board but /soc/, /r9k/ is used by the real userbase of 4chan who often crossboard /pol/, /tv/, /v/, and /a/ which is why stuff like anti-SJW, a love for anime, racism, and memes are so prevalent on /r9k/

It's not that these subjects define the board, it's just what the people here want to talk about with other people. It's a social board.
>>
File: NEET life.jpg (34 KB, 507x568) Image search: [Google]
NEET life.jpg
34 KB, 507x568
>>26967300
For me, it's a board mostly consisting of people who've chosen to opt out of general society. It's for people who feel that society and people have abandoned them and so they come here bitch, moan and find like-minded people so they can justify being shut-ins and NEETs.
>>
Years ago the people here used to be actual robots. Legitimately fucked up people beyond saving and not wanting to be saved.
Now the people here are just failed normies who are basically no different from the people they claim to detest.
>>
>>26967604
>failed
they're literally just normies
>>
>>26967589
Pretty much this.
Should've mentioned that those people tried to integrate themselves into society in their adolescence, but failed miserably do to their inability to properly interact with other human beings and realized that their efforts are worthless.
>>
It used to be a place for Supreme Gentlemen until reddit came and fucked it.
>>
>>26967485
>But being a wagecuck provides literally 0 benefits if your social life is still shit. In the best case scenario you become a beta provider for a used up slut ready to take your money, not even close to being worth the lost time and the stress and the effort that you have to put in.

Except most of the friends I have I've met through my jobs, even though I'm socially inept, a manlet and ugly as fuck. I've also come to terms with being so ugly I'll never find a girl to my standards here, but at least with the money I make I can travel abroad 2-3 times a year for ~2 and a half months in total and fuck hookers in places like Thailand, Poland and Amsterdam.

Much better than when I was just home riding the social insurance train and not meeting anyone save for my parents when I needed to get something from the fridge.
>>
For me, it's about people who've given up on a normal social life, either because they can't get it, or dislike everyone.

I never go out because I like no-one but, weirdly, the people on here because I can relate to them.

Coming here makes me happier that there are people like me.

TL;DR ily all
>>
I don't come here often, but nights like tonight I come to speak with robots feeling down like myself, when there's no one else awake or around to speak to. Honestly it doesn't matter whether you're a normie scum or NEET this board is for everyone in the end.
>>
>>26967481
I personally think you are me
>>
This board got too caught up in the label warfare or whos a neet or whos a robot or whos a normie or what ever other bullshit people use and they lost what this boat was really about, which was a meeting place for all the lost souls, regardless of where they came from
>>
File: Dare to dream.gif (1 MB, 636x550) Image search: [Google]
Dare to dream.gif
1 MB, 636x550
>>26967616
Exactly. Except I would like to add that further efforts aren't worthless, and this is coming from a 26 year-old who is just now starting to get back into the normie-game after being pretty much lonely for 12 years.

Haven't felt this good in a long, long time. I don't think it's too late for anyone else here either, save for some extreme cases.
>>
>>26967636
>I'm socially inept
>I made friends (MOST of my friends)
Pick one, you retarded fucking shit. Can you be more stupid than this ? You're literally contradicting yourself, you can't be socially inept since you admitted to having lots of friends, you brain dead nigger. This board really has gone to shit and is now filled with failed normies. You're just an ugly normie, deal with it, go back to facebook, a cancerous place where you should stay.

>being a wagecuck and going to Thailand to fuck hookers
Have fun with aids, faggot.

>making friends at job meme :^)
I hope you do realize most of us went through high school and college and still didn't make any. At a job you also have even worse chances, it's not going to happen, faggot.

>it worked for me so it will for everyone else :^)
Anecdotal and you're not a social recluse, you'll never be a robot, fuck outta here.

Again, a job is literally worthless if you spend all your time inside your house do to lack of social life and is not even the best way of trying to build a social life for yourself.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-20+at+10.49.27).jpg (97 KB, 952x886) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-20+at+10.49.27).jpg
97 KB, 952x886
>>26967300
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1K53AMVVIqA
>>
>>26967732
Failed normie who finally came out of the closet.
It's just a stroke of luck, not going to happen for the majority of us, enjoy your normiehood.
>>
I came in 2010 or so, and the thing that drew me in was the variety of stories (this was when there were nightly greentext threads where tonnes of new and valuable OC would get posted, it feels like there were more people back then) that I could identify with. Stories basically about not fitting in with 'normies' (though the term wasn't really used then). This was when we were 'gentlemen', and I think titles like that have a huge influence on shaping a collective identity, and 'gentlemen' was a good collective identity. The best stories came from failing normalfags\cyborgs. I also loved the red-pill mentality.

Before r9k my life was one of pretty much almost complete social isolation. I lost all my friends when I was 16 and came here when I was 25 or so, having no friends or gf at any time in that period. I'd been bullied at jobs and had become unemployed because of women - and reading other people's stories and seeing that not only was I not alone, but my experienced with women are common. It made me feel like I wasn't so alone, like my reality wasn't so limited or confined anymore. It's probably the single best thing that happened to me, no joke.
>>
>>26967782
I don't have a lot of friends, I'm just saying most of my friends that I have and have had I've met through work. And there are other socially inept people out there willing to be your friend too, if you'd just put yourself out there.

And what would you know about what it's like to work and find friends there when you haven't worked a single day in your life? Work and school are the places where most people find their friends, because it's people you hang out with for the better part of your day.

And I will have fun with my AIDS, with modern medicine it's not like it'd have any effect on my life anyway. Here's to 30-40 hookers fucked so far without a single STD! :^)

Enjoy being completely alone for the rest of your life, knowing that when you die NO ONE will notice it until your basement starts to reek from the smell.

Stop trying to drag people down to your miserable level.
>>
File: Not you.jpg (19 KB, 328x283) Image search: [Google]
Not you.jpg
19 KB, 328x283
>>26967807
>Failed normie

This is pretty much 99% of you guys. It's not like any of you are pic related. And if you are, I demand proof 'cause I think it'd make my day.
>>
>>26967300
<Fagposting>

I come here because I'm feeling more and more that my young life is like a plane with engine failure; it'll crash soon. I live in the netherlands so the weather is litterally always shit, can't go outside to enjoy some sun because it's always fucking raining, be it fall, winter, spring or summer. Most of my friends hang out without me. Right now they're all on a skiing holiday which I did not join because 1. I'm poor as shit and 2. because the one time I actually went on it (it's a yearly thing) I got demoted a class for sucking so much dick. Was stuck with a class litterally consisting solely of chads and stacy's for the entire week. Awful. I try to work out some, but I'm coming to the realisation that it doesn't matter since I've got a fucked up face.Can't sport for shit, + I'm in a class litterally filled with Chads (no girls) so I feel like I'm the laughing stock of the class. Gotta cycle 50k 5 days a week to get to school and back, often through heavy rain.
Only thing that cheers me up are my cats and the fact that I can fagpost my shitstory here.

</Fagposting>
>>
>>26967884
Good to hear that it's helped you :^]
OC greentexts are really the best thing and an art form when done well.
>>
>>26967300
/r9k/ to me is a general discussion board based on an algorithm that attempts to prevent unoriginal memetic content.

I will forever be that old guy sitting in his rocking chair reminiscing about the old days of original /r9k/ and yelling at those autistic virgin neckbeards to get off his lawn.
>>
>>26967300

For me it's always been about:

>hating women
>shitposting
>purposely provoking people

For the majority, it generally seems to be:

>frogposting
>feelposting
>sadposting
>hating women
>hating beta males and virgins (this applies to fembots and the Ledditor whiteknight dudebros that lurk here)
>miscellaneous dank memes
>>
>>26967300
I'm a cyborg, and have likely lived a somewhat normie life. But I've never had a girlfriend, never been kissed, never had sex, and am indifferent to women.

This site is a stress ball. The redpill knowledge is helpful, and this is a place where you'll get the truth a lot of the time. No sugar coating, no platitudes, and no bullshit.

Very few people are virgins past the age of 25. Very few people have lived a somewhat normie life, yet have nothing to show for it. I'm a hairless ape, and a social mammal. Reading things here gives me some small measure of belonging.

It helps on the days where I just want to cry.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.