[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are monsters crafted or born?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: youngelliot.jpg (177 KB, 1000x677) Image search: [Google]
youngelliot.jpg
177 KB, 1000x677
Are monsters crafted or born?
>>
elliot was extremely sexually frustrated, simple as that. Too bad no one pityfucked him
>>
every type of person is mostly a product of his/her environment

if that weren't true, you would see more female killers and suicide victims
>>
>>26961709
are you a fucking idiot?

males are more genetically prone to psychopathy, which is why you see more male psychopaths
>>
>>26961494
he just had a really skewed, fucked up view of people and the world and it drove him to the breaking point
>>
>>26961512

this. after sum fuk all the bad feels go away. it's on the guy to get laid though.

plus he was on Xanax and on xanny withdrawal on the night of the shooting/stabbing.
>>
>>26961512
Actually he was a narcissist who had a psychotic break. The man was mentally ill.
>>
>>26961736
>genetically prone to psychopathy

show me some evidence that anything like psychopathy is purely genetic

it literally isn't
>>
ITT: Internet psychologists
>>
File: 1451552558931s.jpg (8 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
1451552558931s.jpg
8 KB, 250x249
a little from column A, a little from column B

elliot had a fucked up life but with a different genetic makeup he could have reacted to it differently. I share a lot of elliot's views and believe that I will never be loved or found sexually attractive, even though I think I'm better in a lot of ways than the average faggot who gets women. the kind of cringeworthy shit I've heard guys say to their gfs and then kiss them really pisses me off

I've literally heard someone say something along the lines of "so like do you think that the reason we like music is like that it's this whole other language talking to us with instruments and like speaks to our soul" LITERALLY. and then he kissed his 10/10 gf

also different genetic makeup society wouldn't have rejected him
>>
>>26961494
why not either?
>>
>>26961769
>he was mentally ill
>it was totally his own fault, no way he was an ordinary dude driven to desperate acts, because that would imply society at large is broken, no it was definitely all his fault and the rest of us are totally normal
>>
>>26961889
I forgot to mention the reason I was relating my own experience in the first place

even though I relate to elliot a lot, I've never thought of shooting up other people, the most I've done is thought about killing myself. I feel like I have no reason for existence but I believe I would make it even worse if I tried to get violent revenge on society for it

the most I think about is being a rich guy who doesn't give a fuck about people, but that will never happen
>>
>>26961915
Society is not broken. Had Elliot been somewhat normal and knew how to follow traditional male gender roles he would have been fine. His mind was fucked up, possibly from the start. That's why he went absolutely bonkers in the end.
>>
>>26961997
that's a stupid way of looking at it. elliot didn't fit society and society didn't fit elliot. you can't determine which one is "broken" just by the fact that he was outnumbered.
>>
File: 1438815643669.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438815643669.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Some people are born with certain brain chemistries which predispose them to acts of violence or other criminal tendencies.

Such people would be more susceptible to bad upbringings/ environments.

That doesn't mean that all people like that are going to become monsters or that all monsters have such predispositions.
>>
>>26961494
>Are monsters crafted or born?
Born.
Society decides how to deal with them
At present society worships them.
>>
>>26961512
>>26961742

Wrong, he didn't want to be pityfucked. In fact he rejected that idea. He wanted to be worshipped like royalty which he was.
>>
>>26962106
>it has to be one extreme or another
no, he just wanted to be actually loved
>>
>No freewill
ergo born
>>
>>26961494
Crafted. He may have had a mental illness, but he could have fit into society if it weren't for the normies.
>>
>>26962138
>no, he just wanted to be actually loved
He didn't believe in love. He expected life to hand him blonde sloots.
>>
>>26962165
he would have been happy with one blonde who loved him
>>
>>26962185
but after witnessing women fall for Chad, over & over, he knew that love was a lie.
>>
File: 1391214185857.png (34 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1391214185857.png
34 KB, 228x239
>>26962140
>determinism
>>
File: 1456284561101.jpg (43 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
1456284561101.jpg
43 KB, 600x411
>>26961512
Sex matters more to you than it does to me, believe it or not. A pityfuck would be nice but when all is said and done nothing will have changed.

As for OP, I think they're mostly created, products of their environment. We're all capable of murder but only the most hateful, hopeless, senseless destitute souls go through with it. You don't get that destitute without years of conditioning, it's not that easy to let go of all hope.
>>
>>26962211
once he had already given up. that doesn't mean he wanted to be worshipped like royalty

you could say maybe he wanted to be worshipped by just one girl, because that's essentially what normies do to each other
>>
>>26962256
>magical spooky powers
>>
>>26962312
>magical spooky powers
That's a neat word for quantum physics.
>>
>>26962267
HE WANTED TO BE CHAD. HE DID NOT WANT GF.
>>
>>26962140
>hard determinism

:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)))))))))))))))))))

I want to believe but I can't, it's too convenient, it's religion all over again
>>
>>26961494
Born. We are all fated to live the lives we live, we have little or no control in the end.

We can do what we will, but not will what we will. Evil lies in the hearts of all men, circumstance will force some to express it.
>>
>>26962337
>muh random life disaster
>muh everthing exists but nothing
>>
File: 1388592615511.png (100 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1388592615511.png
100 KB, 295x221
>>26962380
nigger what the fuck are you saying
>>
>>26962420
Friend, I will go slow with you. QM doesn't mean shit.

Freewill is not granted by QM, if it is based on probability.
>>
File: 1386688065755.png (725 KB, 4001x2850) Image search: [Google]
1386688065755.png
725 KB, 4001x2850
>>26962457
You're right; but it does destroy your meme philosophy of determinism. Free will is granted by the brain's own ability to make decisions.
>>
>>26961494
Everyone is basically a monster. There is no "good" and "evil". There is variance in survival strategy. Some survival strategies manifest in the subjugation of others and other strategies manifest in a communal spirit and a good-will to others. Elliot was just another selfish superfluity like everyone else
>>
>>26961915
you are not owed sex, dipshit

he thought he was entitled to sex because he was rich and had a nice car, that's not how the world works

this is not the fault of society. the columbine kids are products of society. elliot rodger is the product of affluenza and mental illness.
>>
>>26962536
>tfw I'm getting mem'd hard ere.

Freewill has nothing to do with determinism. Also grats on destroying the straw man.

>Free will is granted by the brain's own ability to make decisions.

>Brain function under magic, and not the laws of nature - be it random or determinate
>>
>>26962536
And the brain is a reactive organ which processes information in a way that is predominantly genetically predetermined.

And what is not directly genetically predetermined, education, socialization, ect comes from meta-genetic predetermination. All society is based on suppositions generated by human minds at one point or another, all of them responding to stimuli from the world around them.

The brain can make decisions but the brain cannot actually alter the stimuli which it interprets. The decision you make is baked in to the stimuli you have received. It is free will which is a meme, my friend.
>>
>>26962346
But he did
>why don't you girls give me a chance?
He wanted to be loved for who he was, he didn't want to be chad and all his narcissistic talk was just a poetic way to tell the audience that he was good enough, that he deserves to be loved unconditionally too despite whatever it is you consider to be a flaw of his. that's what he is saying in the videos. Normie shits like you would never understand, you guys corrupted what it means to love someone.
>>
>>26962619
Well no fucking shit the brain operates on natural mechanics. It's just that those natural mechanics enable decision making. The brain just operates under those parameters.
>>26962659
There's no such thing as predetermination. You are right about stimuli, though. However, that doesn't defeat free will. It is still up to the brain to act on these given stimuli, which will differ from person to person.
>>
>>26962776
>he deserves to be loved unconditionally
No one deserves to be loved unconditionally.
>>
>>26962593
>the columbine kids are products of society
You mean, those two popular kids that had girlfriends and tons of friends but got called faggots for spending too much time together and decided to shoot up their school? is this bait? Those guys are fucking liars they're phonies, bullies, etc etc
>>
>>26962848
Wait, you're right.
I don't know what i was thinking.
>>
>>26962848
That's your opinion, man

I don't like the word deserve. Whether or not you "deserve" something is completely in the mind of the one making that determination. You don't need to deserve things to have them anyway, and people don't always get what they deserve.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.