[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1369590643401.jpg (58 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1369590643401.jpg
58 KB, 453x604
Does anyone else miss the old 4chan? And I mean the real old 4chan.

When 4chan consisted of people who were a little above-average intelligent but nihilistic. When we amused ourselves by ridiculing the rest of the world in all it's triviality, we just didn't care.
Today, people on /pol/ genuinely care what happens in the American election. You beta retards genuinely care about what happens in society in regards to feminism and the like. And so on, so further.
We used to have fun, we used to not take anything seriously. We just wanted a laugh and some company before we all kill ourselves from the crippling loss of meaning.

What happened? Did you change, or are you fresh Anonymous?
>>
well i didn't think i'd still be a virgin by now, way back then

puts a slight crimp on the humor pipes
>>
>>26958432
Jesus but what does it fucking matter? Masturbate, go to a whore, kill yourself.
You know?
>>
>le wrong generation gentleman :xDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>26958408
Keep those rose-tinted glasses on, senpai
>>
>>26958408
As people get older some of them start to care about the world around them and the future of society.
>>
>>26958408
is this satyr?

"above-average intelligent but nihilistic"
this cant be serious
>>
>>26958469
That isn't virtuous, it's hypocrisy. Dissimulation.
>>
>>26958476
With a wicked sense of humor too I bet
>>
>>26958476
Most if not all people on 4chan are above-average intelligent, though if you don't believe that I guess you've proven me wrong.
Do you know how dumb the average person is? Being above-average intelligent doesn't mean you're smart. Nor does it mean you're ambitious or anything else.
>>
>>26958408
the SJWs' have taken over of this place and everything else. they have won
>>
>>26958408
What year did you first started lurking? 4chan is only really enjoyable your first year or two. After that, you only come here out of habit.

I've been here since 2007.
>>
File: 6655.jpg (24 KB, 448x373) Image search: [Google]
6655.jpg
24 KB, 448x373
>>26958557
>Most if not all people on 4chan are above-average intelligent
>what is /pol/
>what is /b/
>what is /v/
>what is /adv/
>>
>>26958632
fall of 1998
>>
>>26958632
I'm here since the fappening and this post scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>26958557
Intelligence is a pretty subjective term
>>
>>26958681
>>26958681
Oh man. Enjoy the memes while you can, bud. They get stale faster than a Stacy slupring Chad's cum.

In all seriousness, you just get bored of most of the discussion going on here. But you just can't quit; there's no better place on the Internet.
>>
>>26958632
2008 I believe
4chan started changing 2009 or so. Wasn't that when moot started changing things?
When was r9k first created?
>>
>>26958694
What an intelligent comment
>>
>>26958737
I think 2010 or so.

Do you... Do you still shoop da whoop every now and then?
>>
>>26958408
Not to far back but 2006
> 10 yrs....
>>
I started browsing 4chan right before it got "new", but I still have that good 'ol 4chan mindset.
>>
>>26958408
Most people on 4chan today are ex-redditors who got fed up with that website and came here to shit up this one.
>>
>>26958408
newfag here since january

typically spend all time on pol

i've known about chan for a long time but i'd typically spend 30 minutes on it before getting too disgusted/depressed and not returning for years

this is my 4th time ever on r9k, which seems like one giant collaborative suicide note

pol seems fun, but this shit is so fucking bleak. why do it to yourself. pol seems way more fun BECAUSE people care.
>>
4chan was never like that. It's your own confirmation bias and looking at the past through rose-tinted lenses.
>>
>>26958513
What's hypocritical about it?
>>
>>26958729
That's a part of it. Certainly though a big part is also that the community has indeed changed. The site has gotten much, much bigger.

I don't browse the boards I used to browse because the culture their changed a lot and I don't really relate to it anymore. Namely /v/, but I used to browse /co/ and /tg/ as well, but no longer.

/x/ was fun back in the day, but it was totally overtaken by "creepypasta" shit.

Nowadays I stick to /r9k/ and /tv/, sometimes drifting to other boards for a short time. However in either case I don't post much anymore.

The community changes, plays different games, has grown up with a different society, watches different tv shows and movies (I don't even own a tv and almost never go to the movies).

I just don't have a whole lot to say anymore.
>>
>>26958456
If you were alive for it you weren't born in the wrong generation.
>>
>>26959269
>Nowadays I stick to /r9k/ and /tv/
>and /tv/
>(I don't even own a tv and almost never go to the movies)
Sounds about right.
>>
>>26958408
I'm fresh but I really don't care what happens in the election. People don't realize that our day to day lives don't change that much whether its republican or democrat
>>
>>26958408
Kind of. Can't say anyone here was any less retarded but Stickam, Habbo, and Tom Green raids hold some hilarious memories for me.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.