[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you personally realize everyone else in the world is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: idiot.jpg (9 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
9 KB, 400x300
When did you personally realize everyone else in the world is an idiot?

It took me until my 20s, but holy hell did it make my life a whole lot better. Once I realized that normies are brain drooling retards, and there's no point to looking at them for examples and advice, I decided to trust myself above anyone else. Then I actually make objective observations and make productive efforts into improving my life. It could only happen once I took everything into my own hands and stopped treating other people as equals.

Here's a lesson to your robots: trust yourself. You know better than anyone else in the world.
>>
File: 1368832252917.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1368832252917.gif
2 MB, 300x290
like, when i was 12

yeah, maybe im a bit of a narcissist
>>
>>26954809
I did when I was maybe 17 but then I regressed and now I don't have any exposure to normies in a way that would reveal their stupidity so I'm doomed.
>>
>Believing the all people are stupid meme
You watch too much Hannibal, Dr House and Mentalist, jesus fuck I fucking hate what tv series like those done to society, now all kiddies think they are sarcastic ironic edgy geniuses smarter than the everyone around.
>"HURR THE MAJORITY IS STUPID"
>MUH AYN RAND, I AM JOHN GALT

Hoi oligoi you fucks, hoi oligoi
Ancient athens would be ashamed of you all you fucking edgelords
>>
well, Clinton has a lead in the primaries
>>
>>26955070
>smarter than the everyone around
but I am. Even "smart" normies are incredibly ignorant about everything outside of their very narrow range of topics which they are exposed to in their job/studies. For example, if they are in a STEM field they likely know next to nothing about politics, philosophy, or anything else close to intellectual. They love the Deadpool movie because "it was very funny!" and can't state anything more than that. Their thinking is stuck at the shallow surface level and can't think critically or deeply about ANYTHING. They are all drooling retards. The only difference is that some of them are good studying, and some are not.
>>
>>26955070
reminder, africa exists
>>
When I was about 13. Luckily I grew out of my fedora stage at around 17. Funny, that's around the same time I lost my virginity.
>>
The fact that almost every one is a complete idiot is why I stopped believing in equality. Some people are just better than others. I'm not a narcissist, there are plenty of people better than me, but also tons that I'm better than. The idea of "we need to treat EVERYONE as equals and just existing means everyone deserves respect and reverence" is stupid. Equality is a myth.

It's why I don't believe in democracy anymore. Only land owners or at the very least financially successful people should be able to vote. The common man does not know what is good for them or society, they just vote on whatever makes them feel good at the time.
>>
>>26955247
Literally who?
I never really met anyone as dumb or shallow as you are describing,
You are making some kind of a strange generalization, do you understand how dumb "people are retarded" sounds? Who? What people? You probably think there is some kind of a strange robot and normie dichotomy
>>26955332
Haha, wanting to help someone is dumb?
>>26955281
???
>>
>>26954809
realized at 16
>>
>>26955384
>having money = being smart
>owning a home = being smart

There are people more dumb than you, but not many.
>>
File: greek philo.jpg (9 KB, 280x156) Image search: [Google]
greek philo.jpg
9 KB, 280x156
>>26955332
I'm just stumped. Intellectuals existed in the past, and they were probably normies, yet I have seen zero evidence of them in the modern day. Where are they? Where are the people who think, and act based on rationality instead of emotion? Did they just suddenly evaporate from the Earth?
>>
File: 1364262695529.png (99 KB, 721x795) Image search: [Google]
1364262695529.png
99 KB, 721x795
>>26955418
well with this post, you clearly aren't one of these people smarter than the average
>>
>>26955451
I didn't specify, but I meant of their own accord. Not inherited.
Whether you believe it or not, making $100-200 grand a year requires at the very least a good amount of effort, and hard work is something the average voter should be familiar with. What we have now is millions of people on welfare voting to extend their gibs me dats.
>>
>>26955418
>I never really met anyone as dumb or shallow as you are describing,
did you ever try speaking to a normie about anything, anon? If you did then you would have noticed it. They are incredibly shallow, and actively refuse to put any thought into their beliefs or words.
>>
>>26955460
i think you're smart enough to make a good guess, how's that for an answer
>>
>>26955460
They're all around, you just don't notice them. You notice the ones who are acting like idiots.
>>
>>26955492
So how do you seperate legitimate, clever and smart business-men to ones who only got their through nepotism, inheritance and privilege (inb4 someone gets triggered)?

What about teachers, the police, scientists who might not be earning hundreds of thousands because they chose society over money?

Your idea is fucking idiotic, anon. You think that the entire world consists only of lazy welfare leeches and legitimate businessmen. Because of course, if you're not earning $100k a year you're as dumb as a mule.
>>
>>26955491
I don't know how smart I am compared to others but I certainly don't have an inflated ego
>>26955460
Maybe if you looked harder and someplace other than 4chan, off the top of my head: Noam Chomsky.
>>26955492
Any statistics on how many people are on welfare or you just pulled it out of your ass?
>>
>>26954809
>When did you personally realize everyone else in the world is an idiot?
I understood it when was 5 yo.
But it took a lot of time to realize that I am an idiot also. Like 20 years more.
>>
>>26955609
if you don't have an 'inflated ego' then you must be ignorant of the majority of people in the world who really are that fuckin dumb. by this i mean people who cant even figure out how to wipe their own ass
>>
>>26955492

>Whether you believe it or not, making $100-200 grand a year requires at the very least a good amount of effort, and hard work is something the average voter should be familiar with.

Nothing admirable in working desperately for a bad objective.

>gibs me dat

This sort of brainless drone behaviour, regurgitating ideological memes, would be a good indicator that you don't deserve the vote in your fantasy world.
In your fantasy world, there'd be a bureau for the sole purpose of pumping out material like that, which would make idiots giggle and determine that they shouldn't be able to vote by their purchasing or browsing habits.

It is literally baby-speak, said in a silly voice, and it entertains grown men. 'Gibs me dat! Hee hee hee, hoo hoo! Gibs me dat! Ahahahahaha!!!'
>>
>>26955672
B-but anon, everyone on welfare is a stupid nigger leech who only wants to take away my hard-earned money and freedom! There are no such things as 'bad situations', only bad choices. You're just a cuck leftist!
>>
>>26955672
>This sort of brainless drone behaviour, regurgitating ideological memes, would be a good indicator that you don't deserve the vote in your fantasy world.
>In your fantasy world, there'd be a bureau for the sole purpose of pumping out material like that, which would make idiots giggle and determine that they shouldn't be able to vote by their purchasing or browsing habits.

>It is literally baby-speak, said in a silly voice, and it entertains grown men. 'Gibs me dat! Hee hee hee, hoo hoo! Gibs me dat! Ahahahahaha!!!'

do you honestly believe you needed to type all that shit to get your point across? verbose is not a synonym for intelligent
>>
>>26955671
I give up, Its impossible for us to agree on this matter, I'm not mad, sorry for yelling here trying to get my point across, I hope you guys realize some day that statistics of IQ around the world is a gaussian function, not a big red arrow pointing from top left to bottom right
>>
>>26955332
>they dont actually think when they make decisions, just act
This is so right.
When you want to smoke/drink alco, you think whether you need it, how you will feel after it and etc. Normie just acts.
>>
File: 1323286588572.jpg (30 KB, 305x283) Image search: [Google]
1323286588572.jpg
30 KB, 305x283
>>26955739
if you are on a curve, there are 2 directions from your position. yes, there are people that far down that we can infer that we are relatively close together on that curve and infer that we are on the opposite end of the hill
>>
>>26955735
>Can't even capitalize or punctuate
>Thinks using "clever words" like verbose makes him seem more intelligent

You're turning into a parody, anon.
>>
>>26955609
http://economyincrisis.org/content/percentage-of-americans-now-on-welfare-paints-a-disturbing-picture-of-the-state-of-our-economy
>Percent on welfare- 35.4%, percent on welfare with social security and unemployment added- 49%
>>26955586
Easy- there are workers who manage estates after death. My sister and I both manage estates after death. You separate inheritance from other income/assets.
>what about teachers, police, scientists
Teachers are just slightly more respectable welfare recipients. They work in easy government jobs, teaching easy things to kids in easy ways.
>police and scientists
Fair enough point there, people who contribute to society in a meaningful way ought to have a vote as well.
>>26955672
>nothing admirable in working desperately for a bad objective
It is a bad objective simply because you say it is? It's objectively a good thing for our economy to want to earn a lot, and therefore spend a lot.
>It is literally baby-speak, said in a silly voice, and it entertains grown men. 'Gibs me dat! Hee hee hee, hoo hoo! Gibs me dat! Ahahahahaha!!!'
I also called it welfare but you ignored that. It's a phrase anon. You are saying I'm a mindless drone who cannot think of himself because I said a phrase that other people have said in the past. Do I have to coin new phrases and words every time I speak to not sound like a brainless drone?
>>
>>26955779
>punctuation is a mark of intelligence
>there is any word simpler than 'verbose' that would have fit

>getting defensive when someone suggests you were pretending to be intelligent
i guess that means you really were pretending to be intelligent?
>>
>>26955779
>he considers verbose to be a "clever word"
lol
>>
>>26955735

I don't care whether you think I'm intelligent. Its a stupid, faggot phrase that debases speaker and hearer.
Its the /pol/ equivalent of 'bazinga'.

I extended it for emphasis, to drive it home just how far beneath you it is.
>>
>>26955793
>You seperate inheritance from other income/assets

What difference does that make? You still have it, and therefore you have security. Are you seriously implying that everyone has inheritance, they just don't use it well? Or am I reading you wrong?

>teaching is an easy job
>education isn't important

This is why nobody takes the opinions of people like you seriously. You whine about "muh welfare niggers" then say that education isn't important to society at all. If you dropped a baby off to be raised by wolves, and they don't become a successful businessperson, is it because they're just lazy, stupid and weak?

Also, where are you getting the idea that teaching is easy? If it was easy there wouldn't be a mass exodus of teachers leaving in the UK.
>>
File: 500006_o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
500006_o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>26955876
hey guess what
>>
>>26955793

>It's objectively a good thing for our economy to want to earn a lot, and therefore spend a lot.

'The economy' does not 'want'. 'The economy' is an abstraction, treating it like a pagan god with desires and wishes is pure fetishism. Or reification, one or the other, but pure either way..
There is no community of interest between all the people in a single country, you will find large sections with conflicting interests - trying to say there is a universal economic good is just false.
They work towards their best interest, I regard my and their best interests as necessarily antagonistic. His gain is my loss. From my perspective, its a bad objective.

I could go into this more if you'd like, I'm simply trying to establish that the general will is false.

>I also called it welfare but you ignored that

Because that's what its called.

> You are saying I'm a mindless drone who cannot think of himself because I said a phrase that other people have said in the past.

Its a soundbite that other people devised to be infectious. If a politician on tv tried to force a phrase, say, 'change we can believe in', you'd see the point I'm trying to make.
The point is the phrase's propagandistic content. It uses humour to slip politics under the radar.

If you don't want to seem like a drone, yes, make your own political jokes. If sloganeering was bad during the Cultural Revolution, its bad now.

Keep in mind that I never called you a brainless drone, I said you are acting like one. I also said such behaviour is beneath you, its beneath anyone.
>>
>>26955735
>do you honestly believe you needed to type all that shit to get your point across?
3 sentences for 1 point ain't verbose nigga
pretty standard for prose

>>26955384
>You are making some kind of a strange generalization, do you understand how dumb "people are retarded" sounds? Who? What people?
That's just a rhetorical flourish. The key lesson to be learned is "trust yourself. You know better than anyone else in the world." - and that has very little to do with how dumb or shallow people are. The fact of the matter is that other people have very little incentive to spend time considering your life, and without putting in the cycles necessary for deep consideration they're probably not going to have any relevant insight.

When it comes to objectively looking at your life, deciding where and how to apply effort, what actions lead to situations you can feel fulfilled by - you are the first and final authority. Other people's judgments, other people's examples, other people's advice - those are all coming from their own situations, tailored for their own situations, completely irrelevant to you. You can't trust other people's judgment; you can't fear other people's judgment. They're not on an equal playing field when it comes to making calls on your life.
>>
File: 1411361259057.jpg (20 KB, 731x565) Image search: [Google]
1411361259057.jpg
20 KB, 731x565
>>26954809

figured it out when i turned 21.

They really are stupid. Their entire reality is fabricated and suggested to them.

They aren't even capable of original an original thought.

Notice, how normies are all mediocre at everything. They aren't good at anything. However, they try their best to emulate people who are successful or people who really did try to become something.

I think this why there is this bullshit "you can't judge me <3 XDD" culture going on right now. Normies want to be mediocre, and seeing successful or intelligent people hurts their feelings. So, They bring successful or smart people down to their level by saying you cannot criticize them.

They want "Equality".

Equality is for the disallusioned and Profane. Any sane man knows that certain people are better than others.
Normies go through their whole lives thinking they are on the same level as you, and that they should be treated the same way.
>>
>>26954809
Ever since I went to school, so like 5.
>>
>>26954809
Normies aren't necessarily stupid, but they are incurious. Modern-day normalcy cannot thrive under curiosity.
>>
>>26954809
I think if that worked for you it's good, and your reality to an extent. I personally found a mental health and wellness treatment that worked for me by studying the neuroscience of meditation and excercise, as well as looking into what comoounds are regenerative for me as a former alcoholic and junky. Now that I know what I need to do, and have cut and dry results based practices to apply my life is getting better. It beat the hell out of normie advice I received as a young buck, I think that is more a tesitoment to me being not nuerotypical than it is to me being superior. I don't think most people are stupid, I do think that they are not very honest with themselves and wise though.
>>
>>26955672
holy shit, you are dumb
it's nigger speak. not baby speak
it is making fun of how niggers talk
it is supposed to sound dumb
>>
>>26958679

kill yourself trip cuck
>>
I don't know when I finally realized how unbelievably dumb most people are.
It really helps me with my social anxiety to take a step back and remember what I am dealing with. I don't feel as nervous when I realize that it won't matter if I mess up this particular interaction because the person I am talking to is just another NPC.
>>
>>26954809
>When did you personally realize everyone else in the world is an idiot?
Never, because most of the people I socialize with are pretty smart. I however recently realized that most people on 4chan are really stupid even though they don't believe themselves to be.
>>
>>26955460
Are you serious? Tao, Wiles, Perelman.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.