[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Morrowind/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
Can we have a comfy Morrowind thread?
>>
i want to make a tent fort in a dust storm
>>
>>26937832
when does Morrowind get comfy?
>>
>>26937912
immediately if you arent autistic
>>
>>26938036
i'm extremely autistic and it was immediately comfy for me
>>
>>26937912
A stroll along the Odai on a warm afternoon
A beautiful red sunset in the Ashlands
A perfectly still snowy night in Solstheim
A nice rainy morning on the Bitter Coast
Fuck ass n'wah
>>
>tfw no qt Brenton gf to live a comfy life with in Caldera

Literally the perfect town. Right in the middle of the region, with mountains safely surrounding the town.
There is also an Orc bitch living there with a bounty on her, so you can just kill her and take her home.
>>
Who /skooma/ here?

Staight edges need not reply.
>>
File: 1416354954685.jpg (380 KB, 817x960) Image search: [Google]
1416354954685.jpg
380 KB, 817x960
One of the best Skyrim games, I played it for a couple weeks ago, the graphics were pretty bad and the story was horrible, but the Mods make it alright.
>>
May your feet always walk on warm sands, outlander.
>>
morrowind was pretty comfy
>slavery
>bandits
>racism
>storms that fucked shit up
>>
>>26938497
and yet it can get extremely comfy
>quiet, atmospheric music constantly in the background
>pretty slow paced in general
>doesnt constantly throw hordes of enemies for you to kill like youre some twelvie thats gonna get distracted
>you can just spend as much time as you want doing anything you want and the game is fine with it
>>
Solstiem should have been burned to the ground, fucking nords
>>
Decide my character, robots.
>>
>>26938414
That's a decent bait anon, but calling them "skyrim games" really threw me out of it. comes on too strong too early in the post. and please don't respond to this in the bait persona, I'm not going to respond and it will just look desperate at this point
>>
>>26938414
>skyrim games
>>
>>26938377
At the start of the game when you get to balmora and find that ripped guy without his shirt on who gives you missions. There is scooma and scooma pipes near his bed in his room. Fucking made me lol
>>
>>26938819
I thought it was funny how the bartender in the Suram brothel sells moondust.
>>
Seen any... elves? WAHAHAHA~
>>
>>26937832
dude fuck yeah, nostalgia <3
>>
>>26937832
I couldn't do it... I couldn't play Morrowind. Should I an hero?
>>
I hope there will be a new Elder Scrolls game but with the MMO it's not looking possible.
>>
>>26939263
if you couldnt play it because of technical difficulties or because you thought the graphics were too bad or something, then by all means fucking kill yourself.
but if you couldnt play it because it felt too hardcore or intimidating or you couldnt get used to it, then its okay, dont play it for some time, then come back to it after a while and remember this: its ideal to take your time with the game, its okay if it takes a long time to make one quest, its okay if youre confused as shit.
basically get into the mindset that you should be an active player, making things happen, instead of waiting for the game to tell you everything
>>
We're watching you, scum.
>>
>>26938414
How psyched are you for skyrim II?
>>
>>26939363
They're fucked anyway. Skyrim was unbelievably bad in it's shitty limiting leveling system.
>>
>>26939738
Skyrim was solid. The combat took a step in the right direction, and the levelling system wasn't too bad. The worst part was choosing between M/H/S. They should drop that and have it scale alongside whatever skills you become proficient in. I would like to see a return to stats like speed and strength, but a better perk system could handle the effects they would provide. I have high hopes for TES VI. My main hope is for them to not do something as gimmicky as shouts again. That was probably the worst part of Skyrim for me.
>>
>>26940018

Shouts weren't bad. Playing the Fallout games recently made me think they need more... powers. Stuff that does more than just kill people. That's what I liked about shouts, like blowing people away or making enemies seen though that whisper one, more useful power stuff like that that's not a spell per say, maybe environmental effects? Like making ice bridges and what not?

I want the next game to bring back Morrowinds exotic-ness. Something really alien and enchanting.
>>
Post your face when Skywind is actually coming alone really well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PewuaPKnhnc
>>
>>26940328
I guess I just like the feel of Oblivion and Morrowind more. Especially Oblivion, where you werent really identified as the "Chosen One", but even in Morrowind where you're a god reincarnate you had to rely more on your skills than anything else. The shouts in Skyrim did a good job as far as making the player feel like an ultra-powerful demigod, but they made a lot of encounters trivial. I guess I just want Bethesda to focus more on character development where skill progression rewards the player with more than a % increase to damage, and you get cool stuff like shouts as a reward for the playstyle you've adopted.

Agree with wanting a more alien world. Oblivion and Skyrim weren't bad environments, but they are too familiar to what we grew up seeing on TV and reading about in history books. Would like to see Valenwood personally, or maybe the Black Marsh. We'll probably get High Rock or Hammerfell.
>>
>>26939461
>morrowind is hard
top fking kek lad
not saying its a bad game or something
but it certainly isnt hard
>>
Daily reminder morrowind is the most shit game in the series. Oblivion is the best, please kill yourselves you no taste faggots
>>
File: fear me.jpg (5 KB, 110x100) Image search: [Google]
fear me.jpg
5 KB, 110x100
>>26937832
Ahh yes, we've been expecting you. You'lI have to be recorded before you're officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours
>>
>>26941338
Always answer the questions. Custom class is for fagits.
>>
File: N'wah.jpg (15 KB, 141x114) Image search: [Google]
N'wah.jpg
15 KB, 141x114
>>26941624
Very good. The Ietter that preceded mentioned you were born under a certain sign. And what would that be?
>>
>>26938819
His name is Caius Cosades m8 and he's a bro.
>>
Slow thread m8s, which is surprising given how truly excellent and without fault Morrowind was as a game.
>>
Does anyone have the original LAST NIGHTS STORM image?
>>
I always wanted to play Arena or Daggerfall but I never dled them. That sounds like something an autist like me could sink hundreds of hours into.

I wish games had true comfy simulators. Like when you set up camp at night after a day of adventuring you could really feel the warmth of the fire and rest and eat your hard earned meal. I don't know how to find this feeling. I like going on backpacking trips in the mountains because I get to do that. Why can't games make me feel stronger emotions
>>
My last character was a one orc siege on this cave of higher level bandits I found. Kited them to the door, would run in and hit them, run out before I died, sleep, and do it again. Took an ingame few days but I felt like I accomplished something by the end.
>>
>>26943289
never played as an orc, generally went for redguard for dat dere adrenaline rush ability.
Is it any good? Heavy armour and blacksmithing ability seems to be a good draw.
>>
File: 1312495226287.jpg (209 KB, 1280x931) Image search: [Google]
1312495226287.jpg
209 KB, 1280x931
>Long day of doing quests in the guild
>Long stroll back to the guild throughout the swamps of Morrowind
>Unload all the scrolls and books I found in the comfy little room in the guild before resting
Morrowind was awesome.

I beat Skyrim and thought it was so-so. I also played Oblivion a month ago, it had it's good parts but after 30-40 hours I just got sick of it and couldn't even bring myself to beat it. Level scaling is terrible, main quest is boring and after I did the quest lines that interested me I just felt like there was nothing else left for me.
>>
>>26943642
Morrowind is unique in that it's really what you make it, if you instill you're creativity and imagination into the game it'll give back in kind.

I think that's why it causes so much division, it's a truly unique game and the likes of it will probably never be seen again.
>>
>>26937912
Never, the game is as dated as super mario.
>>
>>26944418
>being this deluded and out of touch
>>
File: deadyhwy.gif (899 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
deadyhwy.gif
899 KB, 500x500
>>26937832
i have prepared a place for you
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.