[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /wageslave/ here? How old are you and how much longer do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 30
File: 1448042903100.jpg (467 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
1448042903100.jpg
467 KB, 2048x1447
Who /wageslave/ here? How old are you and how much longer do you think you can keep going before killing yourself?

I am 25 working at a car dealership for $9/hr. I don't want to be alive anymore. It doesn't help that I am very sexually frustrated and don't know how to hold a conversation with women. It just makes me hate life even more than my shit job.
>>
Become a NEET and all your life worries will go away.
>>
>>26935694
Pretty sure id become kicked out and homeless
>>
File: elliot_rodger3.jpg (368 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
elliot_rodger3.jpg
368 KB, 750x500
>>26935622
damn... if there were something you could do about it
>>
20 yo mcdicks employee here

if i wasnt at college i think id kill myself
>>
25, was a wageslave for five months before having a mental breakdown and being signed off by a doctor due to stress and depression.
I had a thread about it last night if anyone saw.
>>
>>26935622
The faggot that makes the NEET bragging thread is the OP of this thread.
>>
25 here, working at a hotel for 9/hr, losing all hope with women and my future. I don't wish to be NEET though, I don't mind work that much. At least it gets me out of the house and forces me to talk to people. But you're not the only one frustrated OP, I'm in the same boat.
>>
19, I work at Walgreens and I actually kind of love my job. My managers are all really cool, they love the hell out of me because I actually do my job well. Most of my coworkers are pretty okay, they're nice and all but they leave half of their shit for me to clean up it seems. But at least cleaning up after them gives me an excuse to interact with customers less and helps time pass by faster. The pay is not that great, but it's alright, I'm going to get a raise soon. My mom is okay with me never moving out as long as I pay a bit of rent, and this job is more than enough for that. If I get promoted to supervisor, eventually assistant manager in training, and so on and so fourth until I hit a wall at possibly store manager, I can see myself doing this until I save enough to retire. I honestly like it. Maybe life has broken me enough to accept this, but meh, it's better than attempting and dropping out of college again.
>>
i don't know if you would call it wageslavery.

>25
>work 5-25 hours a week in a research lab
>boss thinks i work 40 and pays me a full salary with benefits
>42k could be 50+ soon
>do whatever project i want and design all my own experiments
>supervisor only in 2.5 days a week and is an old man who can barely get words out of his mouth
>at least 4 of those hours every week are just meetings i almost fall asleep in
>i have a chill wife at home who cooks and cleans and gives great sex
>hang out with friends from Amazon every week, they treat us to a bunch of whiskey/beer and good food at their nice townhouse
>still feel like jumping off a bridge sometimes if i don't listen to a motivating podcast or see my investments go up

Life is just shit in general, especially if you're a millennial. We are spoiled as fuck. Even when I am willing to put good work in I think I spend more time imagining myself doing it in spectacular ways than ever accomplishing anything. My dad was the same way though before he bought some hair salon and became his own boss. I think small business is the direction I'll go when my body stops being retarded I guess.
>>
>>26935622
warehouse worker
basicly i never used my brain in this job, hard depressed loser just kill me someone
>>
>>26937099
Get your shit together ANON don't just fold and be a little cuckboi
>>
>>26937114

Why are you here you fucking asshole?
>>
>>26937149
because i'm eating pop tarts and listening to music. why are you here?
>>
I'm a mailman. It's not a bad gig. $16/hr and I'm saving up to open a game store for mtg/d&d/yugi/league.
also 6'1 and /fit/ because my job makes me get exercise. I'm full blown autismo but that doesn't matter if you're moderately attractive. Ask me anything.
>>
>>26935622

20 year old who works at an ice cream stand at the local mall. I get $8.50 an hour. I think I'm at the point where I want to commit an hero but I'm too much of a pussy to do it.
>>
NOW WATCH ME NAY NAY
>>
I'm 20 and I operate the registration for non-credit courses offered by my university for around $13 an hour. Over summer I'll also work at a museum for $16 an hour. They're well-paying jobs, but I don't think they'll gain me too much traction on the market after I graduate.
>>
>>>26937114
>We are spoiled as fuck.

This

>grad student
>literally paid to do my hobby
>still whine about it all the time
>work easiest fucking side jobs (student jobs) in the world for like twice minimum wage, can literally watch TV shows all day while I do my """work""" and come in whenever I want
>still whine about it and want to kill myself because it's slightly tedious

I always feel guilty when I see real jobbers who actually have 9-5 jobs, don't get to watch entire anime series while they work, get paid half what I do, and will be doing it for a long time. I am so much luckier than that guy and I still find the time to whine like an asshole.
>>
i work illegally at a cafe, in that they arent paying taxes so they just pay me cash in hand
fuckloads of shitty cleaning chemicals, 6 hours of work and rude dickhead customers

i want to shoot myself in the face in the middle of the cafe and fuck up everyones day but ill never have the nerve to do it

cant stop thinking about
>>
>>26935622
>28
>work at security contracting company
>14/hr 30 hours a week
>probably until both my parents pass away then I'll wax myself
>>
>>26937256
NEWMAN!
>>
>18
>kicked out
>living with gf
>shit job

Im only making 50 cents more than minimum wage and I'm a student. I can't stand having to depend on another family for support and I don't know how I'm ever going to move out.

I'm miserable. I can't afford to survive and I don't want to end up working 40 hours a week earning minimum wage just to keep a place but I can't go to school full-time to earn financial aide, study after and work 40 hours a week for the next several years

it feels like im killing myself
>>
>>26938173
*living with gfs family
>>
File: 1456252353419.jpg (11 KB, 231x363) Image search: [Google]
1456252353419.jpg
11 KB, 231x363
>>26938078
>Newman
>6'1"
>/fit/
>>
Am I slave if I make $160k/year and have enough money saved to go one year without working if I chose?
>>
>>26938173

well no shit you're only 18, why did you get kicked out?
>>
>>26935622
>26
>grad, make 50k/yr
>38hr week
>support "engineer" for massive tech company with a decent career progression plan
>should be on almost 100k before I'm 30

This is my life I guess. I'm not going to kill myself.
>>
>>26938035
>>26938035

>20 years old
>work as a cook for $10/hr in Georgia

I'm come to the conclusion that in life their are winners and losers, everyone flocks to the winners and the losers kind of just float around. The main reason I don't off myself is because it would devastate my parents and I've already put them through enough.

After they die I'll probably quit whatever mundane yet "safe" existence I have built up and start moving pounds of dope across the border. I'll either become a successful drug lord (My True Passion and Dream) or I'll die in the process and my sister will just have to deal with it.
>>
File: 1454983236133.jpg (143 KB, 1248x902) Image search: [Google]
1454983236133.jpg
143 KB, 1248x902
I have a job interview coming up. How do I avoid being completely autistic? I have no skills or experience.
>>
>>26938297
for being gay. she hasn't talked to me other than when she notified me that I was dropped from her insurance
>>
File: 1456464543692.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1456464543692.gif
768 KB, 500x340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRaW7NGGQfs

Vid related, it's me.
>>
>>26938322
Dw bro you will make more soon.
>>
>>26938402
Ask someone to do a mock interview bro. It will help alot.
>>
>>26938461
>liking joco
i bet you're a cool dude, anon
lets be best friends
>>
>>26938402
Oh, and make sure your resume is solid. Also, practice commonly asked interview questions like
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
>>
>>26936953
No one saw it
>>
>>26935622

Reporting. $7.30/hr, grocery store meat dept. It's not bad. I really wanted to die before, but getting out of the house and feeling like I'm being """productive""" is nice. Sure as FUCK don't wanna do this for more than a year, but as a stepping stone, there are worse things.

>>26938402

Pretend like you're CIA and you're talking to Bane.
>>
29 year old Shoppers Drug Mart employee here. Cashier and merchandiser/floorstaff mainly. Also do some receiving, if needed.

I've been busting my nuts off at this place for five years, and barely got a thank you. A kid who was hired last year does half the work I did/do, and people treat him like light shines through his ass. I'm working my way to death via cirrhosis one beer at a time
>>
>13/hr 15 hours a week 2 days a week
>$500 dollar a month bonus
>Work at public storage
>sit behind a counter and tell customers that we have no vacancies because we have a 6 month waiting list that's all handled on the website
>sometimes I sell a box
>get to ride around in a golf cart
>no manager
>this counts as property management experience
>in 5months My coworker is leaving and I get her job
>its the same pay except its a 1k monthly bonus and a free 3 bedroom apartment
>plan to rent the other bedrooms out to friends for an extra 1k a month income
>About to graduate from college with 0 debt in a year
>still hate my job beyone meaning.
>literally screamed for 10 mins yesterday because I had to wake up and go to work by 10am

How can you actually work for minimum wage? cant you pass a background check?
>>
>>26938545
>>26938586
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot. Thankfully I have a few days to prepare.
>>
>>26936953
what was the mental breakdown like
gimmie details anon
>>
39 year-old wizard. Up to a certain point it gets harder, but then things level out and start getting easier.

The feels and ronrey become more distant and easy to ignore. You can work long and harder yet it doesn't seem to as heavy a burden as it once did. The days just sort of roll by, and it's all sort of comfy.
>>
>>26937390
>but I'm too much of a pussy to do it.

Simple solution: kill OTHER people, and wait for the cops to kill you in return

Everybody wins.
>>
>>26938709
what stopped you from killing yourself
seriously,i dont understand how you could last as long as you have with a life like this
killing myself is all i can think about and im only 21 (still a virgin too, obv)

dropped out of highschool at 17 and everything has gone downhill since then
>>
>>26938837
I work at Walmart in KCK. I make 10.50/hr in electronics. Barley do any work but I hate doing any work at all so damn much.
>>
>>26938234
>160k/yr
>only has enough money saved to go one year

M8 I make half that and I have enough saved to go 2-3 years without working if I needed to.
>>
>24 years old
>live at home with mommy and daddy after college
>permavirgin, friendless, autistic shut in loser
>had planned to go to grad school but have no motivation because it's a ton more schooling and debt when i'll surely be in the same position whether i go to school or not
>make $18/hr as an office assistant for a job in the field i want to go into
>wake up at 6 AM, take subway at 7 AM to work, get home at 6 PM every day

I don't really care about the long days desu. I spend an hour in the morning commute watching something on my phone and the hour back either watching something or sleeping. And the very long day makes it so that by the time i finish dinner its already like 7 pm
>>
>>26938925
>commute+work=12 hrs/day
I'd kill myslef.
>>
>>26938976
Oh yeah, what else would you do in that time?
>>
>>26938234
>>26938916

He probably lives in San Francisco or Manhattan, some high-priced region.
>>
Get paid barely above minimum wage and the job stresses me out. I'd like to quit, and might survive around a year or more with what I've saved. But then what? It's back to slaving away.

I have a little fantasy where I quit, and in that year, I start up some kind of online business, or write a book or something, and start making money independently. But that wouldn't actually happen.
>>
File: 1380410053696.png (929 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1380410053696.png
929 KB, 800x600
>Been working at the same place for over a decade without a promotion
>They keep promoting people that have been there for six months
>Boss won't acknowledge me but she'll take these guys out to lunch every day for 2 hours
>Never invited to the parties, even the cripples get invited
>They were doing a promotion for shoppers and employees who have been in the military. One day they got all of us together in uniform and decorations to take a picture. They took it and everyone lingered as I went back to work. A few days later I look at the community wall and the picture's there and I'm not in it because they took the real picture when I left
I have spent my life there since 2004 and this is all I know anymore.
>>
>>26938234
>coming into a waveslave thread on r9k to boast about your $160k a year engineering or computer job

your life must be really sad. too bad that money wont buy friends, a girlfriend, or happiness huh?
>>
>>26935712
Too bad you don't have rich, supportive parents. Have fun preparing my food while I watch netflix, study, write creatively, play vidya, and just generally enjoy life.
>>
>>26939043
>>26939043

why the fuck would you keep working there holy shit.
>>
FALSE
FLAGGING
THIS
HARD

L M A O
>>
I work as a busboy at a breakfast diner. I make $8 an hour plus tips. I actually make more money then my last job that was paying me $11.34 but thats only because this job is full time.

I live in Florida and right now its the busy season because everyone from the north(people from PA, NY, Canada etc etc) all come down to escape the cold weather. Once winter ends and the weather warms up they all fuck off back to the north so by the end of April I'll need to find another job. Was considering joining the navy but my mom talked me out of it because she thinks its only because I'm panicking and need to find something to do with myself soon. And once I actually thought about it I guess she was right.

Gonna get my Certified Nursing Assistant License pretty soon so I'll something to work for. Don't wanna go on and on about unrelated shit but it'll help me move back to Philadelphia to live with my mom again.

One step at a time friends. The ride never ends.
>>
>>26939157
Keep trucking, anon. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>26939108
Because nobody else will hire me. I applied to the entire town before I basically tricked those people into hiring me. I did the phone interview with my reading rainbow voice and by the time they called me in and saw my depressed, lifeless face, it was too late
>>26938837
Present
>>
>>26935712
NEET here, former wageslave.
This happened to me, I was living on my own though, I burnt out and stopped going to work, couldn't afford rent anymore and moved into a homeless shelter. Wasn't all that bad.
Now I'm on housing.
Not that I'd suggest it or anything.
>>
>>26939157

I work at a resort in florida, this season is fucking brutal man. Takes me an extra 10 mins to get to work on traffic alone.
>>
>>26939135
What are you talking about?

Did you click on the wrong thread?
>>
>>26939157
>Gonna get my Certified Nursing Assistant License pretty soon so I'll something to work for.

NO DUDE WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. DON'T FUCKING BECOME A CNA

DUDE YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO CLEAN UP SHIT. YOU LITERALLY WILL HAVE TO WIPE PEOPLES' ASSES AND CHANGE THEIR DIAPERS. EVERYONE WHO'S A CNA IS LIKE AN OLD FILIPINO WOMAN

Man, if you want to get some healthcare related lower level job, go for like LVN or maybe a therapy assistant or something like that. Don't be a fucking CNA
>>
>>26939067
Worked there for almost two years so I doubt it. This raise shit is fucked. Brand new dumbass cashiers makes as much as me
>>
>>26935622
30 years old, been NEET for almost two years and it's a purgatory/hell. Used to work fast food before and while that was also frustrating and stressful it was at least exciting and I made money.

I know what to do for a career but I need a new computer and a whole bunch of expensive hardware, so I'll have to wagecuck for another couple of years.

My ideal wagecuck job would seriously be scrubbing toilets and other type of janitorial work. No soccer moms with "problem glasses" asking to talk to the manager, no homeless people wandering in to scream in the toilets, no angry cuck dads who don't understand how coupons and the menu works, just clean and dirty.
>>
>>26939181
I know that feel, when I was wageslaving I knew my boss regretted hiring me. I was a well of despair and anxiety who brought everyone down.
The only reason I was never let go was pity.

>tfw staff photograph is coming up
>tfw boss tells me, "You don't have to show up if you don't want to"

Yep.
>>
14$/hr for 14 hours a day and 60+ a week. Schedule is erratic and I do a lot of travel, for which I receive $22/day per diem. I don't have time to kill myself.
>>
>>26939200
at least the weather is nice, senpai.
>>
>24 years old
>Japanese-English interpreter in Japan, in US dollars about $23/hour
>stressful af, also working overtime a lot
>no time and energy to spend money
>just getting drunk a lot, jerking off to futa doujinshi, and cumming to the newest tenga
>will definitely quit in one year
>>
>>26939043
iktfb
>get a job at a fast food place when I'm 19
>work there for 9 years
>the owner sells it to new people
>the manager gets pre-emptively fired since the new owners will work the floor
>known this girl for 9 year, she's only a few years older than me
>the former owners and everyone else organize a sort of going-away party for her
>they schedule it on the day I'm working by myself, literally just me in the entire store
>never really get invited anyways
>new owner changes the way that's everything is done, including going against the way that things are officially done by franchise rules
>get fired after I miss one shift

haven't had the motivation to look for a job since.

I was never really officially fired either, ""Anon you're on probation, we'll call you" and I'm still waiting for that phone call 2 years later.
>>
On weekends in the fall I usually supplement my wage slavery with soccer refereeing. That shit pays pretty well, like I'll earn $45-50 for working a game for an hour and a half, so I do 4-5 games in a day and make $200

A few times a year they have tournaments where they pack like 8 games into each day and I literally make $600-700 for a weekend.

Sure I run 30 miles but it's worth it because you get paid to make people angry
>>
File: 1449012003216.jpg (35 KB, 720x460) Image search: [Google]
1449012003216.jpg
35 KB, 720x460
Amazon Mturk wagecuck here.

>do microtasks everyday for shit pay
>be lucky to break $20

Beats leaving the house, though.
>>
File: hatred.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
hatred.gif
2 MB, 330x270
Any wage based job below $20.00/hour is strait labor theft.
Fucking capitalist pigs, the guillotine is coming.
>>
>>26935694
But sempai I don't want people to think I'm a loser and would rather not live off of handouts
>>
>>26939184
>now in on housing
How do get?
>>
>>26939368
How long does it take to make $20.00?
Canadafag here, I'm not eligible for Mturk, feelsbad.
>>
>>26935622

26. M.D. I make barely 8k a year because third world shithole.

I give it a couple more months before I end myself or some gangbanger does it for me because I didn't save his buddy with a bullet the skull.
>>
File: IMG_05901.jpg (64 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
IMG_05901.jpg
64 KB, 851x233
Landscaping/hardscaping
$12/hr
55-70 hours/week
Work with illegals
Eat fast food almost every day
Almost no time for myself
Poor parents with 7 kids so I can't even save the money I earn
>>
>>26939079
>write creatively
>>
>>26939043
Dude what do you do where do you work is the pay worth being treated like dog shit?
>>
>>26939412
At the homeless shelter they made me talk to a social worker. She put me in housing and used it as leverage to force the gov to give me bux.

Unlike the smugNEETs I'm not happy with my situation but wageslaving is something which utterly destroys me, people eat me alive.
>>
35 year old lawyer wage slave here. Literally working for Mr. Shecklestien jew firm partners in an nyc lawfirm. I make 120k but that's literally crumbs compared to what my Jew bosses make off my hourly rate. I'm too much of a socially awkward pussy to go off on my own because I could never court clients. I regularly bill 12 hours a day. I am basically the most shit tier of all wage slaves.

Obviously if I'm a 35 year old and I post on this Cambodian origami trading board I'm a complete failure despite my education. I know that feel op. Just chiming in to say white collar slaves are wagecucks just like the rest.
>>
>>26939338
That fucking sucks. At least if they fired you you'd be able to collect unemployment benefits. Damn man. How have you gone 2 years without working?
>>
>>26939233
Thats the only thing I've been hearing about the CNA job. I found a place that can train me in as little as 4 days. Just got to take the test after that. As of right now, that shit doesn't phase me(no pun intended).

LVN(or LPN as we call it in my state) requires a lot of schooling. Like two years I believe but I could be wrong. I need some sort of certification for some kind of job pretty soon so I don't fall into a depression again and end up making a stupid decision like joining the navy.

I want a job where I can save lives. Thats all I ever wanted to do, was to save lives. At first I was kind of set on being a combat medic for the army but I don't think I'm made for something like that. Too beta. I actually had a friend that became a RN and he hates it. I don't want to be working at the same place for the rest of my life. I want something new and exciting. I just wanna save lives anon.

Here I go rambling again let me just submit already.
>>
>>26939497
I'm thinking about going into law once I finish my undergrad, am I destined to end up like you unless I am exceptionally better than the rest?
>>

Drug store 11/hr, management. Restaurant 14/hr, shift supervisor but I stepped down to become a server because management has no idea what the fuck they're doing. I'll probably make more money as a server too.

I was working 70-75 hours a week until a week ago. I'm cutting down to 50-55. I'm going to try to get a better job this year. I have management experience now so I think I can get myself into an entry level office job where I can work my way up. I have a college degree but I majored in Sociology because I was lazy.
>>
File: 1426899218587.png (74 KB, 1198x899) Image search: [Google]
1426899218587.png
74 KB, 1198x899
>>26939421

Depends on the availability of jobs. Sometimes 3 - 4 hours, sometimes 5 - 8 hours.

And sometimes there's nothing at all. Some turkers apparently make enough to live on which I find hard to believe, but I'd like to think I'll come somewhat close to that one day.

Probably won't, but whatever I want to stay minimalist.
>>
>>26939433
I keep seeing the phrase "third world shithole" on this board is it you posting in every thread? What country are you from again, Columbia?
>>
File: 1456891311341.jpg (16 KB, 287x395) Image search: [Google]
1456891311341.jpg
16 KB, 287x395
20 year old shift leader at dunkin donuts. i make 8 an hour plus tips so it evens out to about 9 an hour.

the customers that come here are all fucking awful and i think about suicide daily. I just want to be a comfy NEET
>>
>>26939497

oi vey!

>original post
>>
File: 13246154216542164.jpg (42 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
13246154216542164.jpg
42 KB, 500x441
>>26939543

> What country are you from again, Colombia?
> I literally whine and repeat myself so much people are starting to recognize my garbage

Looks like I'm gonna have to lay low for a while.
>>
>>26939543
>being this fucking new
lurk you faggot
>>
Anyone here planning on becoming NEET? Richfags could just save for a few years and ride off that. I'm planning on getting disability in a few years.
>>
>>26939497
>Makes 120k a year
>Most shit tier of all wage slaves.

Holy shit m8 I used to work construction for at least 12 hours a day, I didn't make 120k.

If you hate your job then move into a cheap room, minimize your expenses, save up for a few years and then quit into something less stressful.
You could probably do something law related part time even right?
>>
>>26939497
>$120k/year
>basically the most shit tier of all wage slaves

No
>>
>>26939558
>Dunkin Donuts
>Tips

What for?

Do you wait on people or something?

At Krispy Kreme you just buy some donuts from the counter, grab a funny paper hat, and eat enough trash carbs to further your depression.
>>
>>26939497
Why dont you save up for a year or two and become a NEET? if you move to south carolina you can live off 100k for years
>>
>>26939537
Are you in the USA? I have no idea what law is like in other countries but in the states unless you're a Chad who can get clients and make the partners like you I'd say stay as far as you can.
>>
Why don't you sign up with JET robots?
>get to live in weeb wonderland
>all you need is a bachelors degree, don't even need to know Japanese
>teach cute kids, bang jap teachers
>32,300 starting, with subsidized housing
Literally no flaws
>>
>>26939602
120k in nyc is nothing.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 191x264
>>26939610
We have a tip jar and generous old people always toss there spare change nd dollars into it. Also i work evening shift with one other person so its split 50/50
>>
>>26939630
Took Japanese and got shit grades will this effect my chances? Almost have a bachelor's though.
>>
>>26939651
See
>>26939616
you could become a shut in and still live like a king down here with that kind of money
>>
>>26939626
I live in Aus, so I assume it would be relatively similar, good to know that I'm condemned to a life of wage slavery since I am in no way a chad.
>>
File: 1445904755224.jpg (106 KB, 628x1016) Image search: [Google]
1445904755224.jpg
106 KB, 628x1016
Warehouse job for $16 opened up this week. Should I take it anons?
>>
>>26939579
Dude we're all autistic here you don't have to lay low
>>
>>26939502
first few months by getting high, playing video games and watching anime as well as shitposting on 4chan.

The rest of that time, being sober and doing all of those same things.

Now all of those things have been milked dry of any pleasure really.

I did get a piano/keyboard to learn to play again, but being in a NEET prison is not a source of inspiration or motivation.
>>
>>26939616
I couldn't be a NEET. I tried living off my savings for a couple months after I got fired from my last job. All I did was drink and play vidya. It was even more depressing than my life as a wage slave. Eventually I just applied and got the job I have now. Ironically I work even harder now because I know the NEET life just isn't for me.mi need something to take my mind off what a pathetic failure of a human I am, and work does that. Nice idea though. You a NEET? I'd like to know how people make that work without wanting to kill themselves from boredom.
>>
File: 1430873705705.jpg (81 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1430873705705.jpg
81 KB, 500x461
>>26939723
Actually the prospect of working helped me get over my drinking habit because I couldn't function worth a shit with a hangover.
>>
I turn 21 on Sunday. I'm a full time college student, I was a manager at a movie theater until two weeks ago until I had to quit due to my disability. Now I work retail. I only hate myself slightly less. I don't know what to do anymore. I have long term goals but I want to just stop and work something easy. I'm making $9.25. There's my work information I guess. I can hold conversations, but I don't know jack shit about the departments there.
>>
>>26939668
Just don't stick that on your resume
It might help to start studying Japanese again though. Like being able to pass the N5 at least.
>>
29, $70k/yr, $85k in the bank, want to kill myself all day everyday. How much longer before I just stop by a local guns how and pick up a double-barrel to suck on? Don't know but it'll happen eventually. Used to fantasize about moving to some third world shithole and taking it easy living off savings but why bother when you could just be dead, that's taking it even easier.
>>
>>26939654
lel when I worked at A'W the faggot owner eyed the tip jar like a hawk and emptied it into the safe at every opportunity.
The fucking idiot didn't understand the concept of salting the tip jar and was too worried employees would take money from it.
>>
27 year old NEET masterrace here

Rich parents and thank god I don't know how I'd survive otherwise
>>
>>26939630
>Almost guaranteed to live in the inaka
>>
>>26939777
Can you spot me 5k to pay my credit card off
>>
>>26939692
Lucky yes do it
>>
>>26939691
Yea I had no idea what I was getting in to. Basically there are three kinds of lawyers. Smart alphas who run everything, dumb chads who use their social skills to get ahead and beta fuck ups who get used for billing purposes for the other two classes. Obviously I'm in the third class, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Stay the fuck away from this profession. I'd quit but I have so much student loan debt I can't do anything else that would pay enough to sustain it.
>>
>>26939181

why don't you move to another city. Save up some money for a cheap place and then go from there.

Something man.
>>
>>26939831
Ahh debt, I didn't consider that.
I'm 28, NEET, spent my college money on a year in Japan instead of going to school, currently have a net worth of basically 0.
>>
>>26939860
You can't run from being a complete social autist.
>>
>>26939831
Can you elaborate on how you get used and abused compared to the other two types of lawyers?
>>
>>26939497
The pay always makes me want to leave my retail job and do something like landscaping of some outdoor shit. Then I think about working with illegals and dumb rednecks, and how fucking hot it gets outside.
>>
>>26939887
Trust me, having a net worth of 0 is a blessing in a way. If I were to blow all of my savings that I amassed over 10 years just to pay off my loans I'd still be about 5k in debt.

I'm not bitter about it like those Bernie fags though. I was the sucker who took out student loans for law school, so I'm obliged to pay them back. Other people shouldn't have to pay for my dumb ass student loan decisions. I fucking hate those entitled Bernie fucks who think everything should be free.
>>
>>26939988
This was supposed to be for this

>>26939437

Well at least I know I'm stupid enough
>>
>>26939900
No you cannot.
Socialfags will always have a good time no matter how poor. They will always find a way.
Socialautistfags are just permafucked no matter what and will die miserable and alone, and the city workers who are hired to break into their apartment to claim their rotting body will laugh at their corpse for dying like a beta nosocial faggot.
>>
>>26940044
>Socialfags will always have a good time no matter how poor. They will always find a way.
>Socialautistfags are just permafucked no matter what

100% the truth. No matter how much money we aspies make, no matter if we're a lawyer, a doctor, an engineer, an accountant, no matter how much schooling we get or how rich/poor we are, we will always be miserable. That's why so many of us end up as wageslaves in shitty dead end jobs, because we'll end up the same no matter what we do.

Even our fellow coworkers at these dead end jobs are happier because they have friends/family/girlfriends
>>
>>26940044
Pretty much. I've lived in a few different places in an attempt to run from myself.
One thing you can run from are the burdening perceptions that your friends (implying) and family have of you, which heavily influence your behavior.
>>
>>26939901
Basically, partners get a share of all the net business, while associates only get a salary.

The partners bill the clients a set hourly rate for all of the work that the associates do. So while they're charging the clients $450 an hour for all the work I do, they only pay me a fraction of that. So while I'm making a salary, the partners get the actual hourly rate. And since they're paid like that, they pressure you to work 10-12 hours a day. There's no overtime though. You just get whatever your salary is, while they get the hourly rate.

Then they put you against your peers (other associates), and make sure you're all competing to bill the most hours, while they hold the carrot of partnership above you to motivate you.

While making 120k a year sounds nice on paper, when I added up my hours last year I made them over 600k in the hours I billed.

So Mr. Shacklestein just made about 500k off me, and I see none of that. Make sense?
>>
>>26940137
Being manipulated by probably sociopathic Chads to compete with other associates for who can make Shekelstein the most money with the threat of being fired and unable to pay off a crippling debt, which correct me if I'm wrong is un-defaultable?
Damn, I take it back, that does sound horrible.
>>
>>26940044
Yep

You can be living in a fucking shack but as long as you've got good friends you're gold

You can be all alone in your mansion with exotic cars in your garages and be as depressed as it can get

I know this because I'm the latter
>>
>21
>25 per hour
>Work as a website admin / SEO guy.
Work stops me from killing myself a year ago I vowed to stay alive for one more year and if I didn't get a job or gf then I would an hero.

Most of my feels comes from no gf. The girl of my dreams and partly was my motivator for leaving neetdom is moving to another country. It hurts knowing only 0.1% of women in this world can compete against such a women.
>>
>>26940293
I've been reading up on social psychology and marketing in order to gain social skills. It hasn't worked but all social scientists agree with that, it's been proven that quality human relationships are the ultimate key to happiness.

And it makes sense, even if you don't live in a mansion, living in a modern first world country with readily available food, shelter, Internet etc. is the equivalent of being fabulously wealthy on an international scale.
>>
>>26940292
Exactly. The Chad and Stacy associates who can charm or fuck their way into making partner faster than the other associates are the real winners.

They work as wageslave associates for a while, then because of their Chad and Stacy influence over people they can become partners quicker and then they start to get all the money us pathetic loser wageslaves associates are making the firm.

Once in a while you'll find a really intelligent Chad or Stacy who can work their charm on clients and add a high level of intelligence to it because they're alphas. They become what's called equity partners, and they get to set the terms with the clients and take the biggest shares. That's basically what it's like being a lawyer. If you're a fucking robot you don't stand a chance. My biggest regret in life is going to law school.
>>
>>26940292
Oh, and yes. You cannot default those loans. You can declare bancktrupcy and those loans are still there. It's the ultimate trap.
>>
>>26940448
If it makes you feel any better, every industry is like that.
>>
At work now, $9.25/hour, but it's night and 12 hr shifts so despite practically working for free I love it. I'm currently writing a care plan for nursing. Once I graduate I'll be doing the same thing except paid 3 times as much. I'll get my bachelors while working nights in chemical dependency then hopefully get a real nursing job doing critical care, preferably cardiac, but I'll take anything, even step-down or pacu. I want that ccrn and cmc so I can be anesthetitist, cardiac np, or acute care np. That's where the real money is. 3 days a week, cool sounding title, and 90 to 150k depending on which programs accept me.
>>
>>26940531
To some degree maybe. Lawschool is expensive and the people who get into it are fiercely competitive and manipulative.
>>
>>26940544
>150k a year for 3 days a week

uh huh
>>
>>26940544
I'm taking a few free courses on EdX, paying $90.00 to get Certificates of Achievements that I can use on my resume.
The courses are all English Grammar/Writing related so they are easy as fuck.
Gonna try to get into freelance proofreading, copywriting etc.
I doubt I'll make too much and I'll have to compete with degree holders for work, but if I can work my way up to making enough live a modest life and get off the NEETbux then I'll be satisfied. I cannot work around people and I cannot have a boss lording over me.
>>
>>26939988
>>26940015

It's pretty rad pulling $600-$700/week at 21 while everyone else your age is making sandwiches at the local deli for minimum wage. But what also sucks is the sun like you mentioned. Digging holes and mixing cement is tiring enough as it is but when its 88 with a heat index of 104 and 98% humidity it just drains the energy out of you. If you're not in school at all and you're in decent enough shape to handle working 10-12 hours a day every day then I say go for it. I have like 2 friends and no gf so it's not like I'm missing out on any social activities or dates working so much and seeing as you're on this board too your social circle is likely similar.
>>
>>26938586
What do you mean by solid? How solid can a resume be when you've got no references and have to lie about graduating HS?
>>
>>26939993
Education should be a right
>>
>>26940794
http://www.careerexcuse.com
Maybe something like that. I'm not sure if it's sketchy or not as I've never used it before.
>>
>>26940400
Yep

I lived in the Philippines for 3 years and the Filipinos were the happiest people id ever seen
And they all lived in tiny shacks made out of cardboard and corrugated tin, obviously no plumbing or electricity
>>
>>26940544
I'm burning myself out on the paperwork in my second semester of nursing school. It's my Achilles heel. Clinicals are a breeze, med passes a cinch. But weekly paperwork? It's fucking me
>>
>>26941074
so is nursing school like, you get a bachelors then go to nursing school? or are you supposed to go straight to a 4 year nursing school from high school?
>>
>>26935622
Same. But I'm taking classes to be an xray technician so hopefully I can get out of this soon.
>>
>>26941173
I'm in an associates program. Which was basics, and then a two year program.
>>
>>26941220
how is it only 2 years to become an RN? you can literally go right from high school and its like a community college degree?
>>
>>26935622
Chemist, making $18/hr but starting med school later this year
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>26939387
Oh, for this to be true...
>>
>>26941246
You can't go right from high school
>>
>>26941249
>med school

sure man
>>
File: 1380218846763.png (133 KB, 511x511) Image search: [Google]
1380218846763.png
133 KB, 511x511
>>26939236
>No soccer moms with "problem glasses" asking to talk to the manager, no homeless people wandering in to scream in the toilets, no angry cuck dads who don't understand how coupons and the menu works, just clean and dirty.

Shit nigga you just described my job at Carls Jr.
>>
>>26937099
You must make Mr.Shekleburg proud
>>
File: 1376026851930.gif (979 KB, 400x316) Image search: [Google]
1376026851930.gif
979 KB, 400x316
Don't let this thread die, speak to me bros.

Knowing you're out there too makes me stay strong :<
>>
>>26939387
muh nigga!

>> le poste originale
>>
>>26939651

It's not nothing, but simply isn't comparable to the cost of living in any other city besides San Francisco (even then).

120K is probably the lowest amount in NYC where your standard of living isn't a complete joke.
>>
I read the entire thread and you niggas have it easy.

>18
>minimum wage
>work Saturday 4-8PM
>cashier

Pretty much sums it up. I could legitimately go to Starbucks or Target or somewhere and make 9-10/hr, but schedule may suck.

Thinking about working at UPS, $9-10/hr, no weekend work, 4-8AM every weekday. Seems brutal but what do you guys think?
>>
File: rights vs claims.png (608 KB, 1280x1448) Image search: [Google]
rights vs claims.png
608 KB, 1280x1448
>>26940841
'''no''' you faggot, thats wrong
>>
>>26942174
UPS is grueling but once you get on a truck its all $$ and vacation time. I say go for it, work your way up.
>>
>>26942207
It's package loading, I would definitely like delivery though. Physical work.

Still have the same thought?
>>
>>26942321
Yeah, you have to start somewhere right?
>>
>>26937135
Jfc.

Sounds legitlol
>>
You know what's worse than being a wageslave? A commissioncuck.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>26935622
This does not apply to me, obviously.
>>
>>26939395
>giving a fuck what some some sheep slaves think about you.
that's why you'll never be happy.
>>
File: merchant.png (98 KB, 576x356) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
98 KB, 576x356
>>26937099
>brainwashed wageslave goyim think they can beat our inflation, save up shekels and retire
they never learn and they'll work till they die, they'll never reach NEETdom and be free.
>>
Working part time as an overnight cashier to pay for college. Pays 9.75 so could be worse and there isn't much I need to do. Basically get paid to shitpost on 4chan all night.
>>
>>26943730
>he wageslaves to pay to learn how to be a wageslave
how horrible and sad :(
poor goyim.
>>
>>26939236
>NEET

you're unemployed, not NEET.

You've had training and experience
>>
Data Entry Keyer at $16 an hour

It's okay, but it's dead end as fuck. I'm quitting after 2 years (I hope).

I can talk to people on a vary shallow and small-talklevel (how are you? Plans for the weekend?)
Also, I've had terrible luck with women.
>>
>>26943781
NEET means you are not currently in employment, education or training.
>>
i'm working retail for $13/hr, minimum wage in seattle. i like my job actually. there's cute girls to talk to.

but it's not full time (there are no full time positions) so it's still not enough and i need to find something else soon because
>rent and utilities
also, i need to declare bankruptcy because i have no way to pay off my credit cards
>>
>28
>retail wageslave
>just now got bumped to 10.5$/hr
>live at home
>kissless, hugless, handholdless, touchless virgin
>waiting for parents to die
>will receive nothing but the house that won't be paid off
>only guys will talk to me
>females just look at me with utter disgust thanks to losing the genetic lottery
>job is literally ruining my body
>expect to be crippled when I'm older
>>
>>26939180
no you won't you delusional slave, you'll wageslave till you die and you pathetic savings will be destroyed by inflation.
FUCKIN REKT. NO HOPE.
>>
>>26939236
>"better" "exciting" more exiting than video games?
fine, go back to washing toilets, cuck.
>>
>>26939273
i dont understand why do you losers do it?
whats the point if you dont even have the time to spend it? 2 weeks a year vacation is not enough. Saving up is dumb, since inflation will make it hard to retire.
frakin losers!
>>
>>26944067
ru domnald turmp?
because rent, food, utilities
>>
>>26944067
The vast majority of workers will never retire. They simply either die or their body/mind won't allow them work. Then there are people who could retire, but don't because they have zero hobbies and would go insane with all the freetime they now have.
>>
>>26937114
just fucking kill yourself worthless piece of shit I wouldnt even wait for you to do it yourself I would just go there and kill you with my bare hands if I was your friend
>>
>>26939437
>slaves just to give it all away for nothing
why go on?
>>
>>26935622
HI WAGIE

I JSUT DIDT TEH PANO CONCRET OF JADZ BARS. I DID ALSRO INEVNT LITHIUM-ION BATTERY TADT HOLD CHARGES FRO ONE MONTH. TIHS WILL MADE ME BILONS OD DOLLAR TAHT I SPENDD ON SEXRY UNDERS FRO YUR GF TO WHERE WEHN I DOGEIN HERD.

PEASE KEEPED WROKING FRO MR SHAKLESTEM NEW MANSON/. TOB KED.
>>
>>26944127
there is a 70 something year old lady who works at my retail job. she was limping the other day, not calling in sick. i can't fucking imagine being 70+ and having to work retail to survive.
>>
>>26935622
>conversating with women
>showing car to women
No need to keep talking to anyone else than describing a car to them.
>>
>>26944166
Wagecucks BEYOND btfo from this post

B. T . F .O.
BLOWN. THE. FUCK. OUT.

Fuckin rekt lmao

#NEETlyfe #Baller #REKT
>>
>>26944173
There are two people in particular at my job that are in their late 60's. One is a woman who fought in the military and can barely walk even with a cane. She'll probably be doing retail work until she claims disability and "retires". The other is a man that receives 100k a year in various pensions & SS. His wife is wealthy and his mom has over a million to her name. He works simply to pass the time and for health insurance.
>>
>>26939723
because we don't hate ourselves 24/7 like you brainwashed goyim do. We are beyond simple jew programming to make our lives miserable. I'm a neet and i'm married and happy. But you brainwashed sheep will never be, because you just cant unless you live up to your overlord's set standards. It's fun because we can do what we want to, we're our own boss.
>>
>>26939630
I failed a breathilizer test.
>>
>>26944166
WAGIES ON SUICIDE WATCH FOR ALL ETERNITY
>>
>>26939777
because if you move there you wont be depressed anymore and will enjoy life again, you clueless slave. fuckin loser with so much money and he's still depressed.
>inb4 huurrr i make so much money i'm better than you NEETS
no you;re not, you;re pathetic little rats in a cage. where is you god money when you need him? ah? ah? dumb fucks.
>>
File: 1440062850391.png (96 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1440062850391.png
96 KB, 600x800
>>26935622
>Who /wageslave/ here? How old are you and how much longer do you think you can keep going before killing yourself?
I very recently went to full time.
I love everything about my job and while I obviously wouldn't do it for free the money I get from it is very reasonable ($18/h).
I also love neet/wagie threads since some of the banter is top stuff.
>>
>>26940646
wageslaves always day dream the jewish programming, but they always break down in their 40's when they realize all the promises were lies.
>>
>>26943856
>rent and utilities
smart people dont move out of their parents houses.
now you get fucked, kid. have fun.
>>
>>26944121
> because rent and utilities
smart people dont move out of their parents houses.
now you get anally raped, kid. have fun.
>>
>>26939446
That's completely possible. He didn't say he was any good.
>>
>>26944173
give me your paycheck then, if you're just working coz you got no other hobbies.
isn't working for fun enough for you wagies?
>>
>>26940646

That's for anesthesia it sounds like nothing but it's actually a pretty big job, life and death type stuff. It's also a lot of school which is why it pays high.

>>26940695

Freelance is a decent way to go. Especially if you can get a client who has frequent jobs for you and you develop a relationship.

>>26941074

I just turned in a care plan. It's hell, I can't wait until I can just use the computerized default. I'm fucking sick of them.
>>
fired from a well paid job because i couldn't handle 45 hours a week
back to neetdom for the summer
>>
>>26941173
>>26941246

Its an associates for basic RN, but there are prerequisites, usually A&P, chemistry, biology, and microbiology. Of course most hospitals are switching to only hiring bachelor's nurses so if you want a good job you usually complete an rn to bsn program after ADN which is one year plus the usual bullshit fluff for bachelor's like literature and underwater basket weaving mixed with a few useful classes like statistics or more chemistry electives.
>>
>26.
>Degree in Psychology.
>Had several jobs out of college.
>Just got an internship to work in Quality Assurance.
>They offered 15/hr and I said yes.
>Most per hour I've ever made.
>Call Dad bu he is disappointed, thinking I should've asked for more.
>Plan to ask for 20/hr if they decide move me up to full time in 6 months.
>That is if they even want me that much, or at all, in 6 months.
>Afraid of being unemployable, too boring, sleeping in accidentally and missing work, failing to perform.
>Can't even imagine myself making a 6 figure salary.
>What possible skills and personality could I have to be paid that much?

I feel like all of the jobs are just decreasing by the day, and we are all fighting for scraps and will have nothing to retire on in decades to come.
>>
File: suicide.jpg (363 KB, 1239x795) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
363 KB, 1239x795
>Just want enough money for a suicide kit.
>Can't get a job
>Lost my social security card in a tent fire in iraq years ago
>ID expired without me noticing.
>Can't get one without the other
>Can't get a job without both.
>Years of unemployment due to illness, injury, time spent in school before they stopped supporting vet benefits, and crippling depression
>27 and living with my father as an unwilling NEET
>Stuck in NYC, so can't even buy a gun to kill myself off of some hoodrat.
>Spend every day in both physical and mental pain from the war.

There's not a day that goes by that I don't wish I had died in the war with my dignity intact. Maybe I can get /b/tards to send me the money to kill myself if I set up my webcam and let them watch or something. Pick related, I think it'd be like 150-ish bucks after shipping costs and stuff. Final exit recommends two tanks instead one of them fails, as well.
>>
File: 1454011488243.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1454011488243.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
I'm 26 and I make $27/hr as a software architect.
>inb4 shit-tier money
Not here it ain't. That rate (plus overtime) puts me in the top 15% earners in the country.

I think I need to get out of here though, I can barely break $55k here despite extremely high costs of living.

Welcome to the shitty part of Europe.
>>
>>26944496
Pretty much feel the same desu, I know I'm not worth a 6 figure salary, hell I'd be happy with 30k a year and I still doubt I'll ever be able to get there
>>
>>26944554
No one's buying your sob story, you stupid faggot.
>>
Associate lawyer here. Like my job and make decent enough, but it's still 12 hours a day of work, plus needing to be constantly studying new shit when at home.

Thankfully I have very little debt and am going to begin my own firm in an year or two.
>>
33 currently make around $60/hr working 3-6 month contracts.

I don't mind it. I'm a little burned out and considering a change, but day to day it's ok. My overall happiness has a lot to do with the team I working with at the time. The last contract; it was a lot of younger people. The stand up meetings would be crass and funny. We'd get blind drink together most Friday nights. Was good. Other times its mostly bitchy old asshole and it's lame.

It can be stressful and I definitely enjoy my time off, but I'm infinitely happier than I was when I was an unemployed bum making excuses why I couldn't/didn't do anything.
>>
>>26944820
What's their to buy? It's /r9k/, there's no one to 'impress' here. You're just flexing reflexive edgy angst over the whole 'veteran' thing.

We're all suicidal losers here, anon.
>>
>>26939437
>Poor parents with 7 kids so I can't even save the money I earn

How exactly does this happen in this day and age? I mean, besides the part that goes "well, mommy and daddy kiss..."
>>
>>26944867
>My overall happiness has a lot to do with the team I working with at the time.

thats why i'm NEET, so i dont have to deal with toxic fags everyday. At least online i can always block them, or headshot them and teabag their faces.
>>
>>26939541
>And sometimes there's nothing at all. Some turkers apparently make enough to live on which I find hard to believe, but I'd like to think I'll come somewhat close to that one day.

Some of them are in countries where the cost of living is minimal, so $20 USD a day can take care of all your necessities.

Just guessing, but there are probably also others that are smart enough to write assistive bots, but not get caught.

It's kind of like being a Chinese Gold Farmer in an MMO, I guess.
>>
>>26940646
>150k a year for 3 days a week

Not that anon, but 150k is on the elite high-end so possible, but he probably won't get that much. You can still get quite a bit while getting the 3 day workweek though -- what he doesn't mention is that it will be less likely a cushy CRNA job, and more likely grueling white-knuckle overnight shifts in the ICU managing unstable patients who might crump at any moment.
>>
>>26939387
>>26941251
>>26942099
>waaah why won't those shitlords pay me $100 an hour for a job with no required qualifications and that requires minimal training
cry more
>>
>>26935622
>$9 an hour

makes me laugh how america is literally a third world country.

>22
>work IT Support
>have shitty boss
>constant pressure from management to do my job picture perfect
>constantly scared i'm gonna get fired
>fearing for my job and life every day

i can't keep this up bots, maybe i should move home to cool off for awhile?
>>
>>26938402
practice the common questions like

>what are your strengths
>what are your weaknesses
>where do you see yourself
>why do you want to work for us etc

remember not to get caught on the weakness question as you can say something like "I'd say doing X is a weakness of mine however i am currently investing time and trying to learn more about it at the moment"
>>
>>26944878
Nah. Quit projecting.
Again, no one's buying the sob story, faggot.
>>
>>26945238

You do ccrn before crna school but after that you find a job at a rural hospital with no anesthesiologist. You don't start at 150k but you get there with experience. That's average, it tops out around $220k. I'll be happy with average cushy crna gig. After I do my time in medsurg and icu I want to do babby shit like lidocaine for stitches or general anesthesia for ortho shit.
>>
>>26939043
seriously hope your pay is good cause i'd be leaving after 2 years without a promotion at the minimum.

Apply outside your city if need be. You need to leave that place as its a toxic cancer.
>>
File: 1452328786636.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
1452328786636.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1422
>hotel front fesk 10$
>merchandising vendor 12$
>just seriously want to become a neet
>can still play cs:go and osrs on laptop while at work
>still hate my life

guess I dont see the positivity
>>
>tfw have one year before I get kicked out my parents
>Look into IT training
Programming
>its fun but wouldn't want to do it as a job and everyone I ask says its shit unless you're freelance, and even then
System Admin/networking
>everyone says its shit and they hate how tedious the work is, only gets good when you can system admin a system that runs itself, which is never
Help Desk
>Even if you are ok with being verbally abused you get payed like shit and are constantly being watched over by superiors 24/7

All I want is an IT job that I can work 20-30 hours a week and still live off. I'm a very simple man, but every field I investigate the people in that field say its horrible.

I don't know if people in IT are just bitter or what.
>>
>>26939437
>giving a fuck about your siblings after the 3rd one

fuck that shit, anyone who has over 4 kids deserves financial ruin and they brought it all on themselves.
>>
>>26939497
>being a lawyerfag

the money is good but the work is dogshit. Working 12+ hour days? Fuck that, no amount of money is ever worth that shit. Plus you gotta be a mega chad to court the clients otherwise you are a failure.
>>
>>26945385
Oh, and as far as programming goes I am sure if you have a really sick idea for automation of a niche industry its sick, but as varied as programming is it seems like all the stories I hear are either "I get treated like shit and work 60 hours and also coding is my only hobby"
>>
>>26945368
iktf
>tfw decent job but still hate it
>work retrofitting lights for utility company
>no boss, get a truck, 12$/h, can listen to music and earn some bonuses
>get payed while I drive to jobs
>still hate it

Its not that the job is bad. Its that all my leisure time has a faint and ever existent anxiety. I know I will have to go to work again. And again. It will never end. I get home and I try to enjoy myself, and I do, but I just wish that anxiety wasn't there.

Save me
>>
>>26945298
thats no way to live for a man.
like cattle in fear or slaughtering day.
shoot up the place. better die like a man. or just go neet master race.
>>
I just started a job as a media designer. I'm getting paid to make stuff with Photoshop. I'm not getting paid a ton ($13/h) but it's more than I was making before. It doesn't really even feel like I'm working. It feels like I'm just screwing around all day on the computer. This is after having worked four years in retail.

I don't care if I'm a wage slave. I'm getting paid to do stuff I would have spent my whole day doing anyway.
>>
>>26938598
Thought as much.

>>26938684
After being treated like shit literally the whole time I was there (by staff, management and customers) I lost it and left three hours into a twelve hour shift.
Was only meant to be eight hours, but for about the tenth time they changed the rota on the day, didn't tell or ask me and refused to hear my excuses that I couldn't stay that long.
I also knocked over a display on my way out.
>>
>>26938925
Hooy crap , sounds like my days, it gave me a depression. jobless now.
>>
Made about 1500 Eurobucks last month with professional automated gambling. The software took about 200 hours to build and improve. Now working about 1-2 hours a day monitoring and improving the software.

It's better than being broke but
*) I can hardly put it on my CV. Will probably put "freelance" and "investment".
*) Legal gray area in my country. There are law decisions either way. The most recent ruled it legal.
*) Can't tell anyone about it IRL. People get jealous easily.

I'll keeping doing this as long as it still works. Could be over tomorrow.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
33 field service engineer
80-100k a year depending on projects and travel
Just got back from 2 weeks in South Korea
Live comfortably, have the car of my dreams, work out of my house, my boss and HQ is literally across the country.

I have no project next week so I sit around on my ass and get paid for a 40 hour week. Yes I get paid "general time" 40 hours for literally not working.

No college debt did 6 years in the navy to pay for my education. Divorced, no kids. 22 year old gf in medical school.

There is this idea that all wage cucks have shit jobs working like slaves for 10 bucks an hour. You people need to realize what exists out there for good men with education and social skills. Yes I got lucky with this gig. But I am sure I could find another one similar if I had to.

Pic I took a few days ago in Songtan S Korea on the way to the plant I was working with.
>>
>>26935622
Salaryfriend here.

I make $91,000/year and my job is pretty easy.

I'm just smart so I studied and got good grades and went to college on a full-ride scholarship and now my life is dope.

Good luck getting out of the poorhole, NEETs and wageslaves.
>>
Working multiple part-time jobs at 72 hrs per week about $5-$7. Still can't afford my own apartment. Still living with my mom without my own room. No saving.

t. The Cyberpunk city. The city of fortune. The Dream City of Milton Friedman and capitalists.
>>
>>26935622

I start as a "Security Officer I" at a casino next week

Topcuck
>>
>>26945385

Same here anon. IT is kinda what I've always wanted to go into, but since it's apparently shitty I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to do. I just want something computer related but I'm not sure what would even pay well.
>>
>>26946698
Steer clear of game development and PHP web development. The former demands insane hours, the latter is paid badly and you will have to deal with a lot of shit code.

Linux system administration is a relatively easy way to enter. You can get LPI certificates cheap at Open Source conventions. Java development is also always in demand. Don't let /dpt/ autists deter you from Java.
>>
I make $9 an hour wagekeking at a gas station. Outside of the customers its not bad to be honest. When its not busy I can shitpost
>>
>>26946191
poker bot low stakes grind? 10 tables at a time? i tried that once and when i got back it was breaking even and even losing a bit.
if that shit worked, everyone would be doing it, heck the casinos themselves would be doing it to scam customers.
come up with a better story, fag.
>>
>>26946754

Thanks man. I wasn't really sure where to start, but you've given me a couple of ideas. I'm going for a job interview in a few days for being a Comcast installation technician (wanted experience for hopefully a better IT job eventually), but apparently that can be kinda shitty. Guess I'll learn programming stuff so that I can eventually get out of there lol
>>
I have three jobs I split my time with

One is a super easy job at an art gallery where I just open the place, sit there the whole time watching the gallery, and greet people who come in and answer any questions they have. Pays $10/hr and I usually work 5-10 hrs/week depending on my free time

The second one is a job at a local art supplies shop. It's pretty chill and I only have to do light work like restocking shit, price marking, and general cashier stuff. Pays 8.15/hr and I only work 6hrs/week

Now, the third job is the one that is killing my soul. It's at a Starbucks inside a hall at my uni. Now, a normal Starbucks barista job isn't the worst job in the world since they get good tips, many benefits and a wage above the state minimum. But that's only for someone who works at a corporate run store. The Starbucks I work at is a licensed store owned by my uni. So basically, I do all the complete shit work normal baristas do (make complicated drinks, close/open the store, try and act nice to some of the most insufferable people on earth), but I only get paid minimum wage (8.15/hr) + no tips. Really. The university doesn't allow tips, only "donation jars" for whatever charity of the month were benefiting. Also, I only get shifts where the place is constantly packed. Like, 70 people out the door packed. We're easily the busiest Starbucks in the area since we're located right across from some of the biggest lecture halls on campus, and they have classes roughly every two hours from 8-3 everyday. Needless to say, even working a short 3 hour shift leaves me drained of any sort of energy I had. This job also takes up most of my time, around 12-17 hours a week depending on how many bitches call in "sick".

I could write a book on how much I hate this Starbucks job. I don't know why I put up with it since it pays so little. I think I may quit by the end of the semester and try to get more hours out of the art gallery
>>
>>26944229

Nobody wants to work you fucking retard. It's just that some people have to because claiming disabilities for being a retard for the rest of your life won't get you anything long term.
>>
>>26939043
Holy shit this post is scary as fuck, and I'm gonna assume a big part of your problem is your lack of social skills
I really need to focus on this, while you should find another place to work unless you can't
>>
File: 4d6.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
4d6.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>26947097
>Nobody wants to work you fucking retard
Not him, but that's not true.

Most people would literally die if they couldn't work. It's literally their identity. Truly brainwashed goyim.
>>
>>26939723
you're saying going there and doing stuff they tell you to do, and following rules and you cant say no because sometimes you just dont feel like it is more "fun" than doing what you want, going where you want, playing all you want?

yea yeah who are you trying to fool? you brainwashed goy.
you're only fooling yourself.
you can't have fun being free because you've been programmed since birth to suck jew dick for shallow fulfilling-never enough materialism.
you're dumb as a rock.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>26947337
As if you can go where you want and do what you want on welfare. Maybe if your life goals are go to Pizza Hut and GameStop.

Please explain how you will go to Fiji on welfare. Or to base camp at Everest for a photo safari. How do you plan on walking the streets of various exotic locales, if your nigger welfare for a month doesn't even cover the plane ticket?

Being stuck in a minimum wage job is the same exact thing as being neet. Freedom can only be obtained through large liquid assets, when choice is no longer restrained by cost.

Lol it's just so ironic. You literally imply you can go wherever you want, with no more than welfare to pay for it. You must have quite an exciting life if your pathetic welfare is able to satisfy all of those things for you.

Some people desire to go further than the strip mall by the bus stop you pathetic peasant.
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.