[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /grew up watching Naruto and still kind of like it/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: ashketchum.jpg (89 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
ashketchum.jpg
89 KB, 600x331
Who /grew up watching Naruto and still kind of like it/ here?
>>
Right here. Even though I know its not the best story I've stuck with it since 2005.
>>
File: 1448595506981.gif (518 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448595506981.gif
518 KB, 500x375
Watching Rock Lee opening the gates vs Gaara the first time was the shit
Who else here /workingout/ ?
>>
>>26931060
I remember. I used to watch it when it first came dubbed here.

I stopped watching like 100 episodes in.
>>
File: 1440731555120s.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1440731555120s.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>Naruto got to marry best girl and you don't
>>
File: 938467203.jpg (45 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
938467203.jpg
45 KB, 500x333
>>26931060
>people who were in 2nd grade when naruto came out are 18 now
>>
>>26931060
everything up to and including the chuuni exams is really really good.
shippudin is all over the place, mostly its stupid.
>>
File: 1456512710400.png (348 KB, 414x588) Image search: [Google]
1456512710400.png
348 KB, 414x588
I used to watch it when I was in high school, I even sat through filler hell in excitement for Shippuden. Shippuden was SO bad though that I dropped the show completely like 50 episodes in. Goddamn what a shit fest.

I still read the manga though because while I wasn't in love with the series, I was committed. Pretty much hated the manga by the end and just wanted to see what happened to all the characters, I was happy that Naruto got with Hinata.
>>
I dropped it at the final boss fight with the giant tailed beasts and shit, but it's still one of my favorite animes of all time. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, it has something special that really appeals to me.
>>
I rewatch it every now and then. Some parts are good.

>Chunin exams through Konoha invasion
>Sauce rescue arc
>Akatsuki arc is pretty based, especially the Pain arc, followed closely by Hidan's arc
>Ninja World War arc is ok, kinda drags on but whatever
>>
>>26931115
That was actually the first scene I've ever watched in Naruto when my sister's boyfriend introduced me to the show. Rock Lee is still my favorite character. I think I was in middle school then. Good times, I became a weeb afterwards.
>>
>>26931162
>shippudin is all over the place, mostly its stupid.
I had watched it for about 100 episodes until it got boring. Now I just play the games and rewatch the episodes at times.
I'll always like Naruto due to the original series though.
>>
>>26931184
>I was happy that Naruto got with Hinata.
same, I always disliked sakura, probably because I identified with Naruto to some extent
>>26931207
> I don't give a fuck what anyone says, it has something special that really appeals to me.
this
>>
File: Ujg666780löäxctt.jpg (134 KB, 880x907) Image search: [Google]
Ujg666780löäxctt.jpg
134 KB, 880x907
Oh man, I loved watching Naruto. Bit
I stopped at Shipuuden right where the ninja world war started.
It was one or two years ago if I'm not mistaken, I should really start to watch it again.
>>
I grew up with it. Read the manga and just glad its over
>>
>>26931060
you like what you like, homo
>>
>>26931145
it pains me
>>
>watch naruto in secondary school
>really bored of the bullshit we had to do that didn't further my intellect one bit
>friends from preschool weren't around
>pretend to be sick
>watch naruto all day every day
>wasn't enjoying it
>go back to school in small segments before I'm sick again
>grades aren't even slipping
>keep going
>summer break and naruto is done, have watched a multitude of other Anime like Death note (and a bunch of hentai)
>kinda sick of it and go to school next semester
>make friends I don't care about because they're simply uninteresting but sitting in the library alone during breaks isn't appealing to me.
>Shit is so dated they have fact books refer to the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall and stuff
>realize the immigrant Icelandic girl in class is oneitis (now that it's been a year and I can talk to her)
>start hanging out with her eventually
>her shortstack friend takes an interest in me
>please no
>have to deny every one of her invitations because I want her to get I'm not interested without being blunt because I'm risking losing contact with oneitis
>she confesses
>I reject as smoothly as I can
>she made oneitis to not want to hang out with me due to their friendship
>meet her regularly at the way home from school
>want to suggest we walk home together
>can't
>start watching Naruto again because I'm sad
>skip school (for real now, no fakery)
(1/2)
>>
>>26932395
>oneitis delivers homework and stuff
>tries to get me to school
>eventually go along and her friend is really mad at me but doesn't say anything
>eventually oneitis ignores me
>just go to school and do what I'm told
>be sad around friends
>make skater friend and the girl who tags along hits on me
>don't reciprocate because hope of oneitis
>work out hoping oneitis will pay attention again
>doesn't work
>more girls start being incredibly forward
>one even stroked me during a movie night
>oneitis too good for me
>try to add oneitis on Facebook now
>doesn't friend me
>check FB regularly until now just in case
>she draws pretty ms paint pictures to give life updates regularly
>not sure about details in her life but she's doing well at her studies and am enjoying life it seems
>she's doing a 5 year maths degree in home town
>I'm depressed NEET in home town. Has grown fat.
>working out because really she's the only thing I have hope for
>want to go to a party or meet her at her university. Plan to take some individual courses to seem like I'm there for a reason (shame it's not a good IT university)
She's just too good for me though. There's no way she doesn't have a bf yet. I don't get what I was hoping for. Wouldn't be surprised if she's gonna be the best girl I ever met.

I can only blame myself for not asking for the walks. If I had her I probably wouldn't have gotten depressed. God it feels shitty.
(2/2)

Sorry about posting this in you guys Anime thread. But this is what I associate Naruto to.
>>
File: giphy.gif (664 KB, 501x282) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
664 KB, 501x282
This may be a good thread to ask:

Should I start watching Naruto? What's it like?

I like stuff like Cowboy Bebop, One Piece, Eva, Sailor Moon, GITS and so on. Is Naruto somewhat comparable?
>>
>>26932611
thats a lot of beginner tier anime. so i guess you would like it.
>>
File: ffhxlgjixt7tckss6d3l.jpg (74 KB, 636x379) Image search: [Google]
ffhxlgjixt7tckss6d3l.jpg
74 KB, 636x379
>>26931060
Not Naruto, but I grew up with One Piece, even if I started watching it on tv with the awful 4kid dub.
>Tfw I will never have a solid group of friends to go in adventures with
>>
>>26932611
Naruto is only good if you're in middle school or early high school and new to anime. If you've already watched good stuff its borderline unwatchable. You should go to /a/ and get better recs.
>>
I think I like it because the first arc where they were all younger had such a great story line
All rookies were used right
No one was OP
The naruto vs Sasuke hasnt become a circle jerk yet like it would be in the future.
My fav character Neji actually had character development, a bad ass fight with spider dude and had airing time
So many other great fights too
Now I stuck with it just because I wanted to see what happend because it was a child hood favorite
The story was ruined after the pain arc
But im happy the ending was not completely awful and sasuke finally turned good again
>>
>>26932736
>No one was OP
Gaara was pretty far above all the rookies except Naruto because of his fox.
>>
File: 1456998996087.png (57 KB, 276x407) Image search: [Google]
1456998996087.png
57 KB, 276x407
>>26932611
If you just want shonen then watch JoJo. You should really read the manga too, it's good from the start, but it really picks up from Part 4 onwards and only the first 3 parts are animated.
>>
Right fucking here.
Sasuke and naruto could have legit happened if it didnt go so mainstream.
>>
>>26932736
I wouldn't say nobody was OP. A handful of the original kids were obviously above the others. Neji, Lee, Naruto, Sasuke were pretty much on top and nobody could touch them. During the Chuunin exams, Naruto was easily the strongest because Sasuke still had his bitch sharingan and didn't accept the curse mark. Then Naruto and Sasuke zoomed passed the others and became really powerful at the end Part 1.
>>
>>26931145
Shit I watched naruto and still kinda like it...
i'm 26
>>
The show would've been 100 times better without Sakura.
>>
>>26933281
Fucking THIS
Itd also be better if sasuke and naruto fucked each other.
>>
I really enjoyed everything but the fillers, comedy ones were good but there was just so much useless shit sprinkled all over. Ending was pretty bad too, though I haven't read that spin off with the kids yet.
Probably buying the newest (I don't even know how many there are already) UNS soon.
>>
>>26933281
She does fill a role though. How do you replace her? Tomboyish girl who's tsundere for Naruto?
>>
>>26933641
She didn't add anything. Just some whiny cunt who pined for a faggot who ignored her throughout 90% of the show.
>>
>>26933763
She was explanation girl and protagonists romantic interest. The alternatives in those early episodes would be to have Kakashi explain everything. Which I wouldn't mind but I can imagine there's many situations where it doesn't make sense.
>>
I used to watch it till I discovered there are a lot better anime out there, though I see the kids who I grew up with still watch it (one of which is 30). Somebody mentioned they have kids now so I decided to look it up and holy shit.

Only shonen I watch now is Gintama but my cousin in Japan tries to get me to watch One Piece.
>>
>>26934056
Sakura didn't explain anything.

Kakashi and Jiraiya explained anything involving the past. Anything that happened in the present we witnessed.
>>
even the story can be kind of meh, the appeal of naruto comes from its setting and mythology. definitely some neat shit.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.