[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Avoidant Personality Disorder/ 1. Avoids occupational activities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: vortexoffeels.gif (154 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
vortexoffeels.gif
154 KB, 500x500
/Avoidant Personality Disorder/
1. Avoids occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact, because of fears of criticism, disapproval, or rejection
2. Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of being liked
3. Shows restraint within intimate relationships because of the fear of being shamed or ridiculed
4. Is preoccupied with being criticized or rejected in social situations
5. Is inhibited in new interpersonal situations because of feelings of inadequacy
6. Views self as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others
7. Is unusually reluctant to take personal risk or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing
>>
i fit all of the criteria to a tee. my life right is the most pathetic thing imaginable. suicide is the only escape from this suffering.
>>
>>26923662
Treatment...
It is now widely believed that recovery from personality disorders is probable, provided the individual recognises, and is willing to work on, their issues.
>>
pretty much the feel that trumps all feels. im jaded from being hurt
>>
>>26923567
Wow that's totally not a made up ailment to let you justify never trying to improve
>>
>>26923567
my social life in a nutshell
>>
>>26923671
it just feels like i can't be anything but who i am. it's all i've ever known and it just feels weird or pointless to feel better. i can't pry myself from all of my self destructive distractions because i am too afraid to do anything new and it's all that makes me feel good. i have no real support
>>
>>26923690
dsm V criteria. Stop projecting panisonic

Research suggests that people with avoidant personality disorder, in common with sufferers of chronic social anxiety disorder (also called social phobia), excessively monitor their own internal reactions when they are involved in social interaction. However, unlike social phobics, they also excessively monitor the reactions of the people with whom they are interacting. The extreme tension created by this monitoring may account for the hesitant speech and taciturnity of many people with avoidant personality disorder; they are so preoccupied with monitoring themselves and others that producing fluent speech is difficult.
>>
>>26923671
therapy can not save me, anon. i am completely fucked.
>>
>>26923567
The World Health Organization's ICD-10 lists avoidant personality disorder as anxious (avoidant) personality disorder. It is characterized by at least four of the following:
1. persistent and pervasive feelings of tension and apprehension;
2. belief that one is socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others;
3. excessive preoccupation with being criticized or rejected in social situations;
4. unwillingness to become involved with people unless certain of being liked;
5. restrictions in lifestyle because of need to have physical security;
6. avoidance of social or occupational activities that involve significant interpersonal contact because of fear of criticism, disapproval, or rejection.
Associated features may include hypersensitivity to rejection and criticism.
>>
File: 1419036713146.jpg (26 KB, 557x544) Image search: [Google]
1419036713146.jpg
26 KB, 557x544
/Anti-Social Personality Disorder/
(1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
(2) deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
(3) impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
(4) irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
(5) reckless disregard for safety of self or others
(6) consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
(7) lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
>>
>>26923744
i feel like the only thing that could help me is a really really close friend but i am afraid to get too close to dudes because they might think i'm gay and all the women i've met all want to be the one who is held by a strong independent man, not the other way around
>>
>>26923756
A key issue in treatment is gaining and keeping the patient's trust, since people with avoidant personality disorder will often start to avoid treatment sessions if they distrust the therapist or fear rejection. The primary purpose of both individual therapy and social skills group training is for individuals with avoidant personality disorder to begin challenging their exaggerated negative beliefs about themselves
>>
>>26923715
thanks for naming what i have, i thought it was just called "social anxiety", but this definition is exactly what happens to me. wow. i am blown away.
>>
>>26923765
no one speaks to me unless i am the one to initiate conversation. everyone just forgets about me. it feels so stupid to reach out to other people who don't understand even if i tell them how i feel. maybe everyone i've met is just an asshole
>>
>>26923567
I fit every one of those except 6 lol
>>
>>26923567

I realized i fitted this category a few weeks ago, just another alement to add to the list

> autistic
> internet addiction
> Narcissism
> Approval seeking
> Avoidant personality disorder

feels good. Anyone else think it would be fun to murder some undesirables?
>>
>>26923816
and yet you're on r9k...
>>
File: tfwfeelingtoohard.png (51 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tfwfeelingtoohard.png
51 KB, 800x800
>one life
>one chance
>born into the body of a chad

>came out autistic and developed BPD
>>
File: peptrumpet.jpg (26 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
peptrumpet.jpg
26 KB, 402x402
>>26923994
clearly your parents are to blame.
>>
File: tfwfeelinbadman.jpg (23 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tfwfeelinbadman.jpg
23 KB, 1280x720
>>26924029

they are senpai

the autism comes from my dad and i have other neurological disorders thanks to his drug damaged sperm and my parents neglected my growing up, especially my dad and he'd abuse me all the time.

>tfw you haven't had a real feel in 4 years
>>
Jesus christ you guys are such self serving faggots. Stop self diagnosing on the fucking internet, what you have is called pathetic self pity syndrome.

99% of you. Youre the basic bitches of 4chan, the "I cant connect to anyone because xxxxxxxx" while in reality youre just a typical special snowflake edgy faglord who has let the internet jew tell you to hate anyone who has better social skills than you or whoever doesnt sit around thinking where it hurts today and whose fault it is.

Come back when youre 30+ and you still think youre not just being an edgy moron who hates mum and dad from your boys room.
>>
File: 1456985405023.jpg (308 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1456985405023.jpg
308 KB, 900x900
dont mind me, just posting this to reverse image sesrch it
>>
File: didntread.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
didntread.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>26924061
>>26923994

i'm actually clinically diagnosed. nice try though, chump.
>>
>>26924061
in what way does self diagnosing this serve me?
>>
>>26924061
Stay mad you fat autistic nigger
>>
>>26924095

this

>>26924061

you're a fat fucking NIGGER
>>
the thing about this is it really isn't a cause so much as a symptom though.
It spawns from parental or social rejection and that tends to come from looks or autistic behavior. At least socially. idk about parental shit.
>>
Friendly reminded: Regular sex will treat this disorder.
>>
>>26924245
I guess that explains why it's been getting worse as I get older
>>
>>26923671
>>26923703
I had all of these traits before uni, 3 years in now and ive worked on most of them to the point where the only anxiety i really get in public is when i know a woman notices me and wants me to talk to her, i freeze up, sometimes i might say "how are you miss" but spaghetti my way out of the situation. Its all about your willingness to change, you know youre like this but dont want to be that way, change. If you dont nothing will change
>>
>>26923567

>Autism in a nutshell
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.