[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your parents expect you to be a normalfag and wonder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
>tfw your parents expect you to be a normalfag and wonder why you don't want to do normalcuck things
>>
Parents actually have jobs though

And tv at least has the potential to dish out info while video games are escapism for supreme gentlemen
>>
>>26922322
I have a job, lol.

Doesn't stop my mom from nagging the hell out of me about stopping playing video games and "finding a nice girl" every time I see her or she calls.
>>
Get an actual creative hobby. Create media rather than just consuming it.
>>
>>26922322

It's funny how Ledditors and 4channers seem to all think these days that male gamers are fedora guys yet gurrrrrrrl gamers are empowered sexy rebels fighting back against 'misogyny'. People are so retarded these days it's hard for me to comprehend it.
>>
>>26922337
>productive hobby
oh look, a meaningless buzzword.
>>
>>26922356
Can you not read? I didn't say productive. I said creative.
>>
>>26922369
Sorry, you failed normalfags all say the same retarded meaningless shit so it's hard not to start substituting words in and out of your lame little platitudes and truisms
>>
>>26922339
Are you over 22? You sound like it
>>
>>26922322
>And tv at least has the potential to dish out info
That is not what it's used for. You'd be surprised at how little info people retain even when watching documentaries.

They do it for relaxation and entertainment after a hard day. Literally gaming tier.
>>
>>26922401

Yes, I'm 24. I grew up using the Internet and everyone was fair game to make fun of, including women. Now, women seem untouchable because of feminism, and guys worship them on the Internet, and it drives me nuts.

I have to stop using places like 4chan soon anyways, because I'm starting a new job and I can't fuck it up. I need to put all my efforts into it. I've always wanted to leave 4chan and other cesspools anyways and now I've found my silver bullet.
>>
>>26922535
>I have to stop using places like 4chan soon anyways, because I'm starting a new job and I can't fuck it up. I need to put all my efforts into it.
One way ticket to a midlife crisis
>>
>>26922584

People have called me a 'normie' and 'failed normalfag' on here many times. 4chan was cool in 2003-2008, but we all have to move on sometimes. I'd rather have a midlife crisis then have nothing to have a crisis about in the first place.
>>
It's simply generational. Boomers were given more opportunities for education and employment and have a confirmation bias in regards to how you should live.
>>
>>26922305
>the world doesn't owe you a living!
>is on the old age pension
>>
>>26922679
I'm almost a wizard, there is no recovery.
>>
>>26922947

How old are you? Are you the guy I replied to? It seems like there is no recovery with anything these days. I want the old Internet back, where we could be as energetic and retarded as we wanted to, and where women were not the sheltered sluts they are now.
>>
>>26923225
29 and got my first PC when I was 9, only thing I don't miss is the dial up speeds.
>>
File: televisionprogramming.jpg (110 KB, 587x418) Image search: [Google]
televisionprogramming.jpg
110 KB, 587x418
TV-Heads are the fucking worst.
>>
File: teachkidshowtothink.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
teachkidshowtothink.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
How much electronic jew does your family watch?

Again, TV-Heads are the fucking worst.
>>
File: einsteinifeartheday.jpg (68 KB, 700x946) Image search: [Google]
einsteinifeartheday.jpg
68 KB, 700x946
no hope
no future
>>
>>26923225
What are you talking about? The internet is divided now with that gamergate shit, but it really doesn't make a difference. I mean, in the early years of 4chan (I wasn't there btw), political correcteness also existed, and it didn't stop /b/tards of making fun of everything. It's comedy after all, and this is 4chan, after all. There will always be SJW, and there will always be politically incorrect 4channers.
>>
>>26923484

I was talking about what I've seen everywhere. There are some exceptions, but I've never seen women more defended on any site than I have on 4chan. Reddit comes as a close second. I'm talking about the general sentiment. Back in the day, you could make memes about women, disagree with them and call them names. Now, you can't do any of that without legions of people trying to destroy you.
>>
File: 1430974929734 - Copy.png (859 KB, 1153x1999) Image search: [Google]
1430974929734 - Copy.png
859 KB, 1153x1999
>>26923484
something something robot
>>
>>26922679
why are you still here then?
>>
>>26923530
Well first off, I'll say that sometimes, specially in a more serious site like Reddit, "defending" women is called for, cause, as you know, there are certain gamergate faggots who harass them and threaten them, and that's no joke. Other than that, I don't think I've seen many people defending women when jokes are made.
>>
>>26923612

Habit.

>>26923613

People harass guys too. There are certain subleddits dedicated to harassing 'neckbeards' and shit like that. The Internet is not a nice place, and women are not above criticism, despite what the average young dudebro thinks these days.
>>
>>26923530
white knight syndrome is awful
>>
>>26923570
That pic is megacringe
>>
>>26923626
What I'm saying is that both women and men must be protected from people crossing the line (aka harassing, doxing, whatever). That kind of protection is called for. Furthermore, it's the ethic and legal thing to do, I'd say.
>>
File: le funny banana meem.jpg (114 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
le funny banana meem.jpg
114 KB, 600x615
>tfw my dad is a lazy cunt who mooches off mom, smoking weed and playing guitar
>tfw he NEVER gets to throw rocks at me because he lives in a glass house
>>
>>26923570
this picture is the worst thing i've seen on 4chan in a while, and i say that as someone who gave lowtax $10 way back in the day
>>
>>26923696

Yes, and I agree. The old days were awesome, but they aren't coming back. It's just that people look like retarded hypocrites when they speak out against 'bullying' then dedicate entire websites and subleddits to harassing and doxxing 'neckbeards' and other types of males.

Things will never go back to how they are, young dudebros put pussy on a pedestal and it won't change. But if you ever wonder why some people still hate feminism and how women behave on the Internet, remember, there are reasons.
>>
>>26923746
Yes, I know. The progressive and politically correct mainstream caught the Internet, and pretty much killed it. We can't prevent "normies" to post on 4chan, that would be retarded as fuck. But I think we (and the internet itself) haven't lost completly our essence. I believ once the drama is gone, we'll be back to "normal". That, or we get shut down/censored by mods.
>>
>>26923399
I fucking amazes me going out to eat and seeing so many people on their phones.

It really hit me how bad it's gotten when both my brother and were home from school once and my parents took us out for lunch. We were having a good time and talking, laughing, etc.
Another family of 4 comes in, gets their table, and all 4 of them just get out their phones and stare at it. And all 4 of them had their phones out nearly the entire time they were there and barely even spoke.

Like what the fuck is so interesting on your phone? People can't stand still without looking at their phone, can't sit in lecture without staring at their phone 90% of the time, can't fucking sit an talk with friends or family and bringing out their phones. Shit is ridiculous.
>>
File: Coffee Link 01.jpg (43 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Coffee Link 01.jpg
43 KB, 250x250
>>26922305
>Tfw become a normie
>Now have a QT.314 Girlfriend and multiple friends

Why don't you just except it? Normism is the way to go
>>
>>26923857
And the worst thing is that all thay do in their phone is fucking shit. Totally not worth the time for a thibkibg human being. It pains me to say so, but our generation is just, plain and simple, fucking shit.
>>
>>26922305
>modern parents watching TV
how old are you?
>>
>>26922305
>your parents
Parent, singular. Everyone here was raised by a single mother.
>>
>>26923928
What? Are you memeing?
>>
>>26923570
I still can't tell if this was made as satire to drum up replies or if the person really believes what he made.
>>
>>26923953
>What? Are you memeing?
No, I am not. Literally every single person here was raised by a single mother. Women can't think like men, so they can't have any sympathy for liking something outside the norm. A father would understand, even a Chad dad would. Women are incapable though, completely.
>>
>>26923978
That's so retarded and random I don't even know what to say.
>>
>>26923674
You sound like a teenage girl. How else do you miss the context of pre-smaetphones vs post-smartphones? Facebook/smartphones/modern internet have ruined society. It brings out the worst in everyone. Big Brother is here and he ain't the government. Should be common sense shit, Ms. Offended.
>>
>>26924256
>post cringeworthy faggot pic
>get called out on being a faggot with nostalgia goggles
>post even more cringe reply
kek
>>
>>26924256

Look, I'm an oldfag and I actually agree with the other guy. Going on 4chan and getting mad about smartphones and any other trendy thing millennials do accomplishes nothing. He's right.
>>
>>26923885
>>26923857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24CQJvzmWHI
It speaks volumes when this is still true, even though we can print with our phones. It's still the same stupid shit, social media's status updates, rampant blogging, except instead of doing it from a computer it's everywhere you go.
I'm pretty glad I never got into social media in the slightest. I've even heard this shit's a problem in the workplace. People just don't know how to put their phone away for a while.

Makes you wonder if putting "doesn't use social media" could be a job-getter in the future.
>>
>>26922305
Who cares I am NEET
>>
>>26922305
>that picture

This was literally me when I moved in with my step dad in HS

>he gets up and turns on the TV first thing in the morning. Before showering or eating, the TV is the first thing on.

>I hang out on the computer for a while after school at the end of the day
>mom tells me I spend too much time on the computer
>I explain that I talk to people online, and also spend time reading and learning things alongside playing vidya
>she argues that the computer is WORSE because I'm engaged in what I'm doing and not just lying back and watching shit on a screen
>>
>>26923857
When I was out with family the other night we were on our phones, but we were sharing stupid meme shit on Facebook, like leaning and saying "haha look at this picture"

But I agree it's ridiculous. I'm not even above it at all myself, but I make an effort to put the phone down/tuck it away somewhere. When I sit in the breakroom at my job everyone goes to a corner/sits away from people and just starts looking at their phone. I try to make conversation and get ignored. Granted sometimes they are talking to people/doing something, it still gets frustrating. But it only truly bothers me when I try to talk to them and they literally just don't respond at all or give half-hearted responses.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.