[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you fear death /r9k/? Do you hate mortality? I know I sure do.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
Do you fear death /r9k/? Do you hate mortality? I know I sure do.
>>
>>26918437

Of course not. Death is the only assured thing in the torture chamber of chaos that is life.
>>
i dont fear death, i welcome it
>>
File: Cyanide Gas.jpg (62 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
Cyanide Gas.jpg
62 KB, 504x470
>>26918437
How are you even on /r9k/? Death is the only rest we get in this world of turmoil.
>>
>>26918437
Not necessarily. I think what I'm afraid of is just dying unexpectedly or dying alone (as in there isn't someone there with me). Like, I just don't wanna drop dead some random day in public or die in my sleep, and I don't wanna die somewhere isolated where my body won't be found for days or weeks.

Basically, I'm not afraid of it if I know it's coming, it's just the thought that it could happen spontaneously and without reason that kind of freaks me out. I'm not afraid of what comes after, one of three things happens, I just stop existing, I go to heaven if it exists, or I go to hell if it exists.
>>
All the fags will tell you no because you aren't aware of anything after it happens and thus there's nothing to be afraid of. But the very thought that I will no longer be among the living is a horrifying thought, no matter how bad life as a hideous manlet may be
>>
>>26919128
Everyone dies unexpectedly and alone.
>>
>>26919191
Completely agree with this 100%
>>
dying is scary, but I'm glad I don't have to do this forever
>>
As an athiest (no fedora memes please) I believe there is no afterlife, that once we die there is absolutely nothing, no feelings no thoughts no memories no senses. This is a thought that absolutely terrifies me.
>>
>>26918437
Damn that was well put
>>
>>26919128
some guy I barely knew died alone. went over some railings on the upper floor of a subway station and his body wasn't found for days. he was a lawyer just starting his practice, was in shape, a normie that worked hard and even he ended up dying alone and all that work was in vain. I don't really know what to think of it.
>>
>>26919247
>no feelings
>no thoughts
>no memories
>no senses

Jesus christ, it's like sensory deprivation times a million. Please don't let that be what's left after death.
>>
File: 1451497539226.jpg (21 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1451497539226.jpg
21 KB, 500x381
>>26918437
A lot of the time I think it wouldn't really be a big deal if I died
I don't want to kill myself
I just think "y'know, if I got hit by a truck tomorrow, some people would be sad for awhile but in six months they'd just move on and I wouldn't have to worry about shit anymore"

That's when I'm not afraid of death

I become very afraid of death after any of my loved ones shows genuine care for me, until eventually it wears off
>>
Yes, however it is comforting to think that it's basically just like losing conciousness except you don't wake up. It doesn't sound too bad when you think of it like that.

But then, the thought of no longer being able to experience anything or enjoy life is still pretty scary. I don't even enjoy life much but if I'm dead, then I can't even tell myself it'll get better.
>>
I do believe in god I like to say I'm a Christian. I'm scared of death because of the obvious reason.
>hell
But I am open minded of course who knows where we'll go. I like being alive but I'm not too worried about death, once your dead it won't matter how many days you lived.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgrG1o8vESw

>death
>>
I'm not excited about it or anything but it's better than the idea of living forever. Once your dead you don't mind, at this point it's just your self preservation instinct fucking with you
>>
No. I fear reincarnation.
>>
>>26919247
>As an athiest (no fedora memes please)

screw your stupid shit. if it's terrifying to you believing in an afterlife is more beneficial towards your mental health than your gay fedorashit that holds nothing to ever deal with that effectively.
>>
>>26919247
Why be afraid? You won't be inconvenienced by it at all.
>>
File: 1456081595497.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456081595497.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
>>26919247
Found a pic of anon
>be athiest
>believe out of a singularity of nothingness everything just magically appeared without origin
>believe that theres nothing wrong with killing 1000 babies because there is no afterlife
>>
>>26919247
I like to think that it's all a gigantic mystery and because no one knows it doesn't matter. I personally don't worry about death and beyond because that is another universe that doesn't exist here. Since you yourself may or may not exist in it.
>>
>>26922509
THIS.

If I have to experience childhood over and over, then this is hell.
>>
File: 1445666993776.jpg (13 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1445666993776.jpg
13 KB, 249x250
>>26924753
gr8 b8 m8 r8 that b8 gr8
>>
>>26923257
>hurr just start believing

Ima asume you are just pretending to be retarded.
>>
Every night when I got to bed I think about death and I feel vertigo.

If i don't convince myself somehow that there's an afterlife the day my parents die and im alone inthe world i will go crazy .
>>
Being in a consious state for the rest of eternity is what i find scary.
I love life yet the concept of eternal life is terrifying, 6 gorrilion years will have no more meaning than a single second and no matter how much time passes there will be infinetly more time to come
>>
>>26918437
Nah
mot really man,
>>
>>26919128
>Basically, I'm not afraid of it if I know it's coming
Bullfuckingshit.
If an alien or a fucking demon, or anything that you would believe with the core of your being to be telling the truth told you you were going to die in the next 10 mins, you wouldn't have enough time to compose yourself.

You'd fucking implode with a mental breakdown most likely.
>>
File: It don't matter.jpg (39 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
It don't matter.jpg
39 KB, 608x405
>>26923371
>Why be afraid? You won't be inconvenienced by it at aIl.
This, to be certainly honest.
>>
I dont fear death, I fear the pain of dying. At least once a day I think about killing myself just because I want to know what happens after you die and if nothing happens and my existance just dissipates into nothing then at least I can't be disappointed by the fact.
>>
We will go to the paradise our own consciousness created during the life. So stimulate and cherish that fantasy, fags.
>>
File: 1456735933044.png (224 KB, 447x489) Image search: [Google]
1456735933044.png
224 KB, 447x489
>>26927998
l better not.
>>
>>26918437
No because Immortality would be hell
>>
File: 1437967725054.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1437967725054.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>26918437
>on r9k
>fears death
>>
>>26918437
I'm not afraid of death anymore, I came to accept that it's a part of life that you can't avoid.

Now my real fear is accidentally killing an innocent person, car accident or anything. THAT is what is fucking me up. I'd never be able to live with myself
>>
>>26918437

I don't fear death (attempted suicide three years ago) but I'm not exactly planning for it or prepared for it. I don't think I'm going to die within an average timespan, given the likely development of human-level AI.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.