[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I worked as a wagie at pic related for five months before I had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Lidl.png (51 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lidl.png
51 KB, 1024x1024
I worked as a wagie at pic related for five months before I had a total mental breakdown and got signed off with stress and depression. I quit two weeks later to become a NEET again.
This place is notorious for treating it's staff like shit, but I ask you.. Was what happened to me to be expected because I had lived as a NEET previously or could it happen to even the most seasoned wagecuck?
Am I weak, or was it bound to happen?
>>
>>26906951
I'm aware of that environment.
What did you do during the breakdown?
>>
>>26906951
were you treated like shit?
>>
>>26906951
What country? Isn't this a German brand?
>>
I work at that place for 2 years now and it pays great here so....
>>
I'd have done the same if i had to spend 5 months inside a fucking Lidl
>>
>>26906951
The staff are always freakishly cheerful there. It's weird and unnatural, I'd rather go to Tesco where they obviously don't give a shit.
>>
>>26907058
Tipped over a display and walked out 3 hours into a 12 hour shift.

>>26907079
Constantly. I wont link it, but a guy wrote a blog post called 'Lidl Shop of Horrors' where he talks about his experiences and how he was treated. After that he's posted some emails he's received from other employees who wanted to share their stories too.
It's a few years old now, not 90% of the things he talks about is still totally accurate.
Well worth a read if you're interested.

>>26907099
It is, but I'm in the UK.

>>26907126
You did better than me.

>>26907168
That's the thing man, you hardly get to leave.. I feel like I was in there non-stop for five months.
>>
>>26907418
>*but 90% of the things he talks about

Most of what he says is still dead on, is what I meant.
>>
>>26906951
Try finding a job where tou work with people instead of working (slaving) for them
>>
>>26907718
I'm going to try to. Luckily because it paid well I can live off my savings and NEETbucks for a bit.
>>
File: 1448938170456.jpg (359 KB, 933x1352) Image search: [Google]
1448938170456.jpg
359 KB, 933x1352
>>26906951
>Pays living wage
>Actual living wage, not the pittance that Cuntface Osbourne is doing buzzword abuse off the back off
>This is poor treatment

Son, for 9.50 an hour I'd be happy to be on the receiving end of a shot-for-shot re-enactment of '12 Years a Slave'. Stop being such a babby
>>
>>26908509
Haha, you think they start you on 9.50?
Don't blame you, they advertise it to make it look that way but no. You start much lower.
>>
File: scum.jpg (45 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
scum.jpg
45 KB, 600x455
>>26908509
>9.50 [bongpounds] an hour
>living wage
>>
>>26906951
What is this place even? A big box store? A supermarket? A fast food chain?

It was definitely the shock of going from NEET to worker for sure. I've been NEET for almost two years and I can tell that my first day back at work, whatever it will be, will be worse than my first day of high school.
>>
>>26908634
A budget supermarket.
>>
>>26908634
>>26906951

ooo senpai, I feel you then.

I've had people work at similar places like Dollar Stores (do you guys have that in the UK? A Pound Store? Quids? IDK.) and a lot of the times it wasn't so much the staff but the customers who treated people like shit.
>>
>>26906951
For the life of me i couldn't imagine ever working in as a cashier in retail, I'm not even suprised in the slightest that you broke down, pure fucking horror job, especially for a robot.

>Was what happened to me to be expected because I had lived as a NEET previously or could it happen to even the most seasoned wagecuck?

I had a colleague in my last job (jobcentre gig in '06) who always worked any shit job he could get
after coming out of school and he told me he made it three fucking days as a Lidl cashier before telling them to get fucked and never went there again.
>>
>>26908793
We have pound stores, they'd be a similar thing.
The customers were more often than not either assholes who looked down at you for working there or immigrants who could speak broken English (at best) buying 88p cans of lager.
>>
>>26908793
>(do you guys have that in the UK? A Pound Store? Quids? IDK.)

Yes we have Poundland, and Poundworld and 99p Store. Unfortunately we don't have Poundtown, seems like a good name for a shop that sells cheap sex toys.

However due to dire economic times there are a lot of pound-related shops within the same areas, so they have been cutting their prices to compete with each other, sometimes going as low as 97p. This makes a mockery of the whole concept of being a pound-based shop.
>>
>>26908816
That's actually comforting for me to hear. It's good to know I'm not the only one who got driven to the edge by these guys.
I'm an idiot though, I should have known it'd be like this when I noticed the massive staff turnover.
>>
>>26906951
I don't understand why everyone on this board doesn't just get signed off with autism and collect ass bux. that's what i do. If I'm too autistic to get a gf I'm too autistic to work.
>>
>>26906951
i see lidl workers coming into asda all the time just after 9 in the evening looking absolutely fucked and buying shit loads of drink
>>
The blue fleeces you guys have to wear look so shitty and dirty.
>>
>>26908910
Here in Germany 'tism bucks are slightly less than Jobcentre bucks and while you can live on both you can't really buy anything apart from food and basic stuff. I would be utterly fucked if I didn't have a caring family who occassionally gives me money for things like clothes and such.
>>
>>26909044
well that isn't fair to have disability benefits lower than unemployment benefits. Sounds like Germany doesn't like the disabled. Social cleansing to the end huh?
>>
>>26909093
Nah, you just have to sign up at a different department as well and it gets raised to the same level as unemployment benefits. Utterly retarded, like most of our bureaucracy
>>
>>26909093
The trick is to pretend to be Syrian.
>>
>>26906951
Are you a kankermogool or a teasipper?
>>
>>26909329
Teasipper
>>
>>26909298
I see you visited my country before :^)
>>
one advice for neet friends - try to get your family to find a comfy first job for you
>>
>>26909453
I've worked at Lidl for a year and they kicked me out and everyone at the department except 2 employees who became teamleaders. And they hired younger people. Don't feel shit about it because places like supermarkets and fastfoodchains fire people everyday since younger, more motivated people are almost infinite and cost less than you do. Especially since you managed to make it to 5 months since most NEETs can barely reach a month.
>>
>>26909755
Thanks man, I appreciate that
>>
Is aldi any better in this regard?
>>
>>26910145
Most likely not seeing as Aldi is practiclly the same
>>
>>26910039
Working retail is living hell, most people would not survive a month or less.

Also you should be glad you got out, I used to work at a nike store for 3 years. Shit was horrible. My life will never be the same after meeting so many stupid customers, niggers and white trash.

Also my boss who had worked retail from 16 to 27 was the most depressing guy I ever met. He complained about his job everyday when we worked together.
>>
File: 1447799366548.jpg (10 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
1447799366548.jpg
10 KB, 194x200
i was working as a cashier in a bakery for almost seven years. it's unbelievable how retarded customers and co workers can be.

after the first year i was like your >>26910341
co worker, this job was so soul crushing. i had to quit beause i just couldn't interact with people anymore
>>
Lidl employees are dicks.

Man more than one fucking till at a time you morons. And install a sneeze guard at the bakery ffs
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.