[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, serious question: Why do women dress like whores? As a man,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 1457009077225.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4195) Image search: [Google]
1457009077225.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4195
So, serious question: Why do women dress like whores?

As a man, can you imagine going around with your buttcheeks being lifted and separated by the only 2x2" square of cloth you're wearing?
>>
to show off their goods to chad

they also heavily buy into group think trendy fashion nonsense, so if being a whore is trendy, they'll be whores
>>
>>26903285
but it's soooooooo hot don't be lame it's literally so hot I don't fell comfortable wearing clothes
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (16 KB, 377x514) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
16 KB, 377x514
I can imagine that, yeah.. but I was a male gogo dancer for a couple years just a few years ago.
>>
>>26903303

this. presenting their female assets to the top males.

eww beta men stay away.
>>
because it makes me feel good about myself.

it has nothing to do with attracting other people, it's just to boost my pitifully low self esteem by being able to look in the mirror and go "dayum girl"
>>
>>26903356
Essentially, I'm compensating for self-hatred with artificial narcissism.

You guys are wrong about at the very least why I dress like this. It's not to attract Chad. The truth is, I don't care enough about other people to put effort into attracting them lmao.

I don't speak for all women, but I'm too much of a narcissist (positive and negative) to care about attracting a mate.
>>
feeling sexy is nice
>>
>>26903385
so is making philosophical contributions

could you try doing that for a few years since your gender has never done it

maybe you'll even like it more!
>>
>>26903466
butthurt kissless, handholdless, virgin manlet detected
>>
>>26903303
>>26903341
Wrong. Girls dress up to impress themselves, other girls, guys. In that order.
>>
>>26903564
>immediately falls back on the availability of pussyholes
Real female detected
>>
>>26903564
He is right though.

Apparently there are other folks who were right as well.
>>
>>26903466
>so is making philosophical contributions

One time I tried to explain to a man who said this very thing to me the topic of my thesis on how the dichotomy between the existence of and the lack of free will is nonexistent and that arguments about the existence vs the nonexistence of free will are pointless semantic arguments because existence and lack of free will are functionally identical and have to do with your current point of perception and reference.

Free will (or lack therof) as a concept is just an artifact of our piecewise perception of time as an intersection. Essentially, free will is something that ONLY exists as a concept to beings that perceive time as moving linearly from past to future. If you are a 4-dimensional being who can see the entirety of time as a SPATIAL dimension, there's no such thing as free will, because everything that will be chosen freely will be chosen, is chosen, has been chosen.

It boils down to my personal definition of "free will is action chosen over time" and if one views all of time in completion and not as a linear progression then action is no longer chosen over time and that definition is not only no longer valid, but perhaps even no longer relevant. This means that it's just as inaccurate to say that we don't have free will as it is to say that we do.

He didn't get it
>>
>>26903705
That's probably because it's pedestrian as fuck and shows you have no actual familiarity with philosophical discourse on free will, especially over the last 200 years.
>>
>>26903769
I have extensive backgrounds in both, I just disagree with most existing compatiblist and incompatiblist arguments because they make no sense in the realm of physics, which is my major.
>>
>>26903828
>I just disagree with most existing compatiblist and incompatiblist

In fact, I reject all 3 premises of the Origination Argument and consider it to be too inexorably tied to a human perspective of time.
>>
>>26903828
>>26903844
>STEMfag confuses existence or possibility of all temporality with 4th-dimension "t"

MUH "THERE IS NO 'BEFORE' THE BIG BANG BECAUSE LOCAL SPACETIME BEGAN AT THE BIG BANG LOL"

scientists are literal autists
>>
File: 1433965261070.png (77 KB, 200x231) Image search: [Google]
1433965261070.png
77 KB, 200x231
>>26903567
>to impress themselves
>>
>>26903844
>3

Sorry, my fingers are freezing. I meant to hit 5.
>>
dayum sonnnn
Who's dat?
>>
>>26903859
time doesn't exist
time is nothing more than entropy happening
>>
File: isa.jpg (15 KB, 500x725) Image search: [Google]
isa.jpg
15 KB, 500x725
>>26903884
>time doesn't exist
>time is nothing more than [action which presupposes temporality]
>>
>>26903859
>STEMfag confuses existence or possibility of all temporality with 4th-dimension "t"

I believe that your reliance on the idea of a time outside of, beyond, or untied to dimension t is just an intellectual crutch you've created because you can't square your perception of time with the physical reality
>>
>>26903921
No, you're right. We don't exist and none of this is happening right now because nothing happens. How enlightening. Thanks for your contribution to philosophy, Parmenidumb.
>>
>>26903940
I wasn't actually arguing any of what you just said. Did you even ATTEMPT to grok my point?

What I'm saying is that both free will and determinism are illusions created by appearance of time when viewed the way we view it: one slice after another.

You can't say things are or aren't predetermined when you view time from the outside. That dichotomy doesn't exist. The truth of the matter is that everyone is free to choose what they wish, but everything they will freely choose has already been chosen for them by not some outside force, but themselves.

So it can't be determinism, because someone else isn't making their choices--they are the originators. but it can't be free will, because their choices have already been made by themselves in the future.

Everyone's actions are predetermined by the one thing they are guaranteed to freely choose in the future
>>
>>26904004
>grok
>look at me guys, I'm a nerd too!

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Yes, I am familiar with your argument because it's sophomoric and old as shit.

>Everyone's actions are predetermined by the one thing they are guaranteed to freely choose in the future

Also sophomoric and older than Augustine.
>>
File: 1456585188469.jpg (344 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
1456585188469.jpg
344 KB, 800x576
Social status. Good looking girls are treated well, get invited to do cool things, be around high status people, and generally let other people handle the details of making their lives interesting. Always being ready if they happen to bump into the once in a lifetime Chad that day also plays into it.
>>
>>26903285
Its just to make themselves feel good. They know they don't need to attract a male because they can have a herd of them following them if they just allow it.
>>
>>26904020
>Yes, I am familiar with your argument because it's sophomoric and old as shit.

I'm not making an argument of logical predeterminism here. That relies on the premise that I think everything is already true. I don't. I don't think things are true until after they've already happened. I just think that when a proposition will become true from its current state of falsehood is predetermined.
>>
>>26903285
Because they can obviously. Plus they don't get judged no matter how ugly they are.

As if you don't walk in your underwear at home. If I were a girl, I'd wear short shorts.
>>
>>26904137
And yes, I'm aware that this is philosophically boring, but it's easiest to apply and makes the most physical sense. What's the point in overcomplicating it with additional possible answers?
>>
>>26904137
Shut up slut stop talking nonsense and keep dressing like a sleaze
>>
Because a society dominated by men says that this is attractive and acceptable.
>>
>>26904204
>I'm aware that this is philosophically boring, but it's easiest to apply and makes the most physical sense.

And this is what I don't get about philosophers and philosophy in general. A lot of it seems to be some sort of dickwaving contest to see who can come up with the most complicated solutions to simple problems, unless they're hipsters and experimenting in philosphical minimalism like all of the smartasses that answered "what chair" when asked to prove the chair doesn't exist in PHI 101. What's the point? How does arguing a bunch of dumb shit enrich the human race? Go invent something. Invent a machine, program an algorithm. Save lives in medicine. Expand us into space. The only great question you should be focusing on is of what use your academic knowledge of philosophy is to yourself and to humanity.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 750x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 750x872
Same reason men dress in tank tops, to show off their assets. Female assets just require more revealing clothes.

Why are you complaining, are you gay?
>>
>Philosophy on human morality and purpose

Sure talk your heart out.

>Philosophy on things that are meant to exist

Fuck off, you can't define things into or out of existence.
>>
>>26903705
>literally copy and pasting from that one YouTube video

I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious.
>>
>>26903919
It doesn't really presuppose it more than "define" it senpai. She's kinda right.
>>
>>26903884

>>26903705
here

>>26903884

isn't me. Nobody saying doesn't exist is. Time obviously exists you retard. Time is the axis along which entropy trends from lesser to greater.
>>
File: 1456673930969-r9k.jpg (179 KB, 872x872) Image search: [Google]
1456673930969-r9k.jpg
179 KB, 872x872
>>26904229
This tbqh whoretachi
>>
>>26904346
Is it not interesting for you to consider the foundations of existence, knowledge, etc., even as a passing fancy? Why not attempt to expand your conception with other appreciated accounts?
>>
>>26904709
Of course I would, I just don't understand dedicating your life to what is essentially a tool to warm up your mind for understanding things that make a difference.
>>
>>26904783
I meant do*

The great benefit of philosophy is that it makes it easier to understand other things, and yet it is under-appreciated for that benefit and over-appreciated for other aspects of it that are, in my opinion, significantly more shallow than philosophy deserves.
>>
>>26903285
>can you imagine going around with your buttcheeks being lifted and separated by the only 2x2" square of cloth you're wearing

I think about this a lot walking around campus and seeing it for myself every few minutes. I'd be horny as fuck all the time. Idk how they do it under the notion that they aren't any promiscuous slags inside.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.