[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't I interested in chasing money, fancy clothes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
Why aren't I interested in chasing money, fancy clothes, fancy cars, big houses like everyone else is?
It seems everyone wants this stuff and is motivated by it and yet I feel like I am some how broken because I don't. \

People usually just label me as a depressed loser because none of this stuff motivates me at all and it makes me even less motivated because I feel like maybe I am depressed and that's why I don't care.
>>
all that shit is for insecure extroverts who care what other people think of them

you might just be an introvert
>>
>>26898001
Is there something you do want? It's not uncommon to not give a shit about that stuff in particular.
>>
>>26898001
are you motivated to do things you do enjoy? if so it's not depression
>>
>>26898001
maybe they are trying to fill the meaningless void that is their existence buying material items and happiness
>>
>>26898001
>Why aren't I interested in chasing money, fancy clothes, fancy cars, big houses like everyone else is?
Because you want a claim to superiority.
>>
>>26898001
its so far out of your reach that you consider it an impossibility not worth the effort
>>
>>26898001
I want knowledge , I want to learn. I care not of the women or most material possessions (like obv I want shelter, vehicle and a pc for gamin).

Hell I would spent 8 hours exercersiing and 8 hours running for like a year, only for me to realize at the end of the year I was retarded,

Not sure how I missed it with all the freak outs and documentation and way people treated me.

Either way I can have neither and it is truly the worst.
>>
I don't really care about getting a lot of money, clothes or other status symbols either.

What I wish I had though was real people in my life who could be there for me and not abandon me. I wish i had a relationship too. I also wish people would care more about the animals than fashion. For example, some people think real fur is cool because it may be expensive or luxurious. I wish no more animals would be skinned over any fashion.

Everyone has different priorities,
>>
>>26898001
>Why aren't I interested in chasing money, fancy clothes, fancy cars, big houses like everyone else is?
because you are not a jew probably
>>
File: 1410781601250.jpg (14 KB, 385x387) Image search: [Google]
1410781601250.jpg
14 KB, 385x387
>>26898001
You are not depressed you are just a lazy slob with low IQ. Not everyone was meant to be successful.
>>
>>26898039
This is true but sad, wetern society says your worth is how much money you make/have. Which honestly is quite retarded imho. I would rather create someting amazing in the science fields then die with a giant mansions and having gone out partying every night.
>>
>>26898080
10 $$ says you dont do either
>>
File: 1455899135066.png (620 KB, 695x702) Image search: [Google]
1455899135066.png
620 KB, 695x702
Personally, I've come to terms with being an underachiever and know that I'll never have that kind of life.
I'd feel like the king of the world just getting a tiny apartment.
>>
>>26898066
What is a slob?

I've been lifting for 6 years. I am around 12% bodyfat, have abs, have a muscular and lean body. I am also really autistic with my nutrition and hit specific macronutrient goals everyday. I also am OCD about keeping my house clean. I literally clean my 2 toilets everyday. I also have STEM related degree. My house is like a spartan living, very little things, very neat and tidy home.

I just don't care about materialistic things. Why do you guys assume that I am some fat neckbeard that dropped out of highschool that hoards trash in my house with maggots everywhere because I made this thread?

People really need to stop making assumptions about the type of people that come on here.
>>
I like being culturally superior but being more rich is nice because of how concrete it is
>>
>>26898039
>Because you want a claim to superiority.

Who am I claiming a superiority to? I don't feel superior at all. I feel like you're just projecting your own thoughts and feelings.
>>
>>26898001

bc youre not retarded like >>26898066
>>
I don't care for those things, but I wish I had money for guns, anime figures, vidya, and shit like that. Also fish. I like koi and fancy goldfish. A small pond full of tosakin goldfish would be awesome. Too bad I have no job.
>>
>>26898001
I've been meditating a lot since I noticed that my right brain is completely inactive compared to my left brain, so I'm trying to balance it out. The more I use my right brain, the more I notice how selfish it is while never being satisfied with its never-ending desires.

While brain scans show that the vast majority of people have more active left brains than right, I think this is because they really do give no thought to what their right brains are telling them. Haven't you noticed how normalfags never think about how their actions might affect the world around them? They always want more of everything and are never happy with their lives.

I think you're just so predominantly left-brained to the point where your right brain doesn't even phase you.
>>
>>26898300
Hmm.

I feel like I think about everything I do, so much to the point where sometimes I'll actually starting trying to manually breathe. Not even memeing here.
>>
>>26898001

according to the mainstream media... you need friends

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2016/03/02/harvard-researchers-discovered-the-one-thing-everyone-needs-for-happier-healthier-lives
>>
>>26898354
i have imaginary friends, does that count
>>
>>26898300
>right brain
>left brain
http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-brain-right-brain-myth.html
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/16/left-right-brain-distinction-myth
>>
I don't really care for clothes,jewelry and all that but I want money because I want a luxurious life. The feeling of buying new shit. New technology,PC parts, Headphones,Art,Sculptures. Buying new shit is a hell of a feeling.
Sadly, like most people, I don't have any money and can barely buy anything but necessity.
>>
You sound like me, OP.

I'm very motivated to pursue many things but wealth is not one of them.

I'm making decent money right now and have zero desire to spend it on lavish possessions.

I'm just going to buy a small plot of land and build a small nice house on it and live in solitude with some doggos.
>>
ppl seek validation of their own action in others
you arent validating their shekelchasing and thats worse than murder nowadays

you are also denying yourself some premium pussy
>>
>>26900533
Hello me
I'm originally original
>>
>>26900579
This is the big problem. I am like OP, but I know for a fact by being this way is fucking up my dating pool potential even more. That's the only thing I care about here.
>>
You have this weird problem called intelligence. Seek help immediately
>>
>>26898001
How many times a day do you masturbate?
>>
>>26900609
id tell you to look into how can you monetize the things you are interested in
or harden up and start chasing shekels
>>
>>26898001
you probably realized the status game is endless and unfulfilling

i mean so is everything else but at least its less effort..
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.