[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robot wants to get out of their shithole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: what have i done.png (568 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
what have i done.png
568 KB, 819x460
For those who actually want to get out of their shithole, what's currently holding you back?

This is a serious thread

My lack of discipline is holding me back
>>
I can't really see any point.
The grass does not look any greener on the other side.
>>
>>26893177
This

Also depression
>>
manic bipolar moves me forward only to show me its been holding me back.
>>
>>26893177
i was like that until mid february, got my mindset and motivation back

Hope things get better for you
>>
>>26892959
No job

No drivers license which is absolutely necessary in normiefornia.

Asian and have tons of family that could probably track me down as some are private investigators, Pentesters who are pretty good at doxing, and other shit.

Can't just abandon parents, their confucian values rubbed off on me.

Crush is still single and here.
>>
File: gran-canaria.jpg (380 KB, 1143x857) Image search: [Google]
gran-canaria.jpg
380 KB, 1143x857
I live in Sweden, so yes. The thing that's stopping me is I want to move to a place with nice weather where I know the language. That's basically California, Florida, Spain and Australia. Spain is easy enough to move to I basically just have to get a job and a place to live but the other places are hard as balls to get into.
>>
>>26893418
asian robots exist?
>>
No motivation, no passions, and no self-esteem.
>>
>>26893418
>boohoo, i have a strong, traditional extended family to support me throughout life and ensure i never end up on the street
>>
>>26893418
Also some of family members are rich and could probably track me down using money, already a disgrace and dishonor in a family full of married or in relationship lawyers, engineers, doctors, and businessmen. All of them had gpas of either 3.4 -4.0, while highest I got was 2.1.
>>
No money

No job to get money. No license (no money to get one). Hour long bus ride to get to the place where most jobs are means I can only get in between 8am and 7pm (not a normie so no friends to drive me in)

I'm still trying, but these things are making it much harder.
>>
>>26893446
Yes, we're rare, but we exist. Strong pressures usually make us shape our shit up, but some of us fall through the cracks.
>>
I am paralyzed by social fear and a crippling desire to be included and liked - the problem is I'm a high IQ low EQ obnoxious misanthrope who ends up disliking anyone who does include me. I wish I could live a simple life with a few other people like me who actually respect my need to be alone and don't treat me like a freak just because people scare me. A real "crew", I want that more than anything. I've fucked enough whores in my life to never need that again. I cant even look at people in the face if Im sober.
>>
>>26892959
Drug addiction. Beneath that depression, and beneath that unresolved personal issues and stunted emotional growth. I'm still relatively young but that won't be the case in a couple years. Now is my chance to turn it around, and its not that I have a lack of ideas or ambition, I just have a total lack of self-esteem.
I think if I stayed sober for long enough I'd feel better about myself but I want to kill myself when I'm sober so in the short term it'll be a bumpy ride.
>>
>>26893446
never heard of the term hikikomori?
>>
>>26893481
Family will absolutely not support me, I'm the black sheep of the family
>>
>>26893568
i was not serious
>>
>>26893589
i-i knew that, definitely
>>
File: 1454755971820.jpg (53 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1454755971820.jpg
53 KB, 500x637
Lack of self control, persistence, depression and low self esteem causing me to quit everything I ever try.

I'm a HS dropout, been working wagekek jobs every year off and on, in-between NEETdom.

Was bullied heavily as a child, and every time I leave my house my anxiety shoots through the roof.

I want to get off my ass and somehow make it to Uni, but in my current state, I'm having trouble seeing the finish line for anything other than suicide.
>>
>>26892959
Recently I slipped ANOTHER disc in my spine, this'll slow me down for sure.

Ive been blowing loads of money in the last year, and everything is still the same. "Oh dear my microwave broke" "Oh dear my laptop's fucked" "Oh dear my soap ran out" "Oh dear the wifi's down" "Oh dear the train is late". Everything continues to fuck itself up on top of me.

I honestly think I have the worst luck out of anyone for miles. But I'll be swimming in money and bitches before too long.
>>
>>26893530
How exactly do Asian parents manage to get their kids to succeed so often?

Asian parents usually seemed to yell at and punish their kids less from what I noticed growing up.
>>
>>26893574
You said they'd care enough to track you down if you disappeared.

Why not at least get the damn driver's license?
>>
>>26893177
I'm at this stage too. There's just nothing to look forward to, even death is unfair.
>>
>>26893697
They shame you and constantly compare you to their Asian friends families kids or relatives kids. They hit you for getting bad grades no matter how bad your grades were in past years as in they never give up. And they never show any sign of love, trying make you try to make them proud. Only once you've become an engineer, lawyer, doctor or accountant, will they finally smile and tell you they love you and are proud of you. Something I'll probably never achieve.
>>
I wish some of us robots had the networking skills to exit society together. Not a suicide pact. More like a townhouse for people like us.
>>
>>26893735
They'll look bad if they don't seem to care about me.
>>
>>26893849
Most of us don't even have money.
>>
>>26893735
Also ahem confucian values they have instilled in me since birth, no matter how bad I do, I feel the need to support them.
>>
>>26893849
I can't imagine anything more awful than being surrounded with people like me in real life
>>
Lack of a car is the only practical thing hold me back. I feel like if I could leave I would.

>>26893177
also this

i just want to be alone, i'm not looking for things to get better
>>
>>26892959
I don't know what went so wrong for me. When I was an elementary grade kid I had shit tons of friends. Started Middle School and started slowly getting quieter.

Come High School people think I'm just shy while I really had a strong desire to be included, but I barely ever spoke to people unless spoken to because after all this time my conversation skills had become shit, I was a boring person, and I feared what other people would think of me. I had a lot of acquaintances I could speak to for awhile, but I guess it wasn't really me they were speaking to.

Most people I spoke to thought I was confidant, smart, nice, and polite. I was just depressed and having constant daydreams of some girl breaking me out of my shell, which never happened.

Sorry for the long ass blog I just had to get it off my chest.
>>
>>26893849

What I have is not a way to exit society,

But how about to INFLUENCE and DEBATE society?

Im only in this shit hole (a mistakenly chosen/ forced upon by parents college) for three more months and then I have a shot at going somewhere

somewhere where I can indirectly influence and argue things that people like us would happen to agree on

somewhere where you can be a robot and grow and learn,

and where you can influence things that are talked about here on a daily basis subliminally

has anyone ever read "A sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury?

rest assured that r9k will have someone like them in a place where the even slightest and most subliminal waves can grow, and where other waves can come back to benefit us all

I feel what many feel, and it is my life mission to never stop learning and be the better person
>>
I'm too caught in the routine of being neet for my entire life. Now I'm older and fucked with no job experience. Have really bad depression and very prone to stress. I feel so trapped but I want to get away so badly because my home life with my parents is so fucking awful and toxic and I feel like it's killing me faster being around them and their deteriorating health and their increasing dependency on me. Frankly I'm scared out of mind right now and having more suicidal thoughts than I've ever had in my entire life. Not even my handful of simply joys/hobbies is helping me anymore and that frightens me all the more.
>>
>>26894501
I was in a similar situation. The key to getting out is to stop thinking of grand unsolvable problems and start thinking of small solvable ones.

It's very easy to give up when your goal is "find a job become sufficient live a good life" but it's easy to succeed when your goal is "walk outside for five minutes"

Break things down into the smallest achievable pieces and accomplish them. I know it's a normie thing to say but tiny progress is infinitely greater than no progress.
>>
>>26894385

>has anyone ever read "A sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury?

the story where the death of a small butterfly changes the course of history, AKA the Butterfly Effect?

ok.
>>
>>26894740
That's a good idea actually. Maybe I'll try to mix things up and do little things. Start finding ways to get away from the house even for a little bit. I do find that sometimes just being in the sun for ten minutes can really take some weight off. I appreciate your advice, anon. Thanks.
>>
Last November, I was in a really bad shape. I got poor grades, even failed a class. Wasn't motivated to do anything but sleep and fap. With the new year I've started reading again, got a second job and am making an effort to study more. Still don't have any friends or a gf but at this point not constantly feeling ready for bed is a step up, who knows what the future will hold
>>
Right now I'm finishing up high school and next year will be attending uni while playing football. Decided to go ultra alpha and messaged a girl and we agreed to be fwb while at school. In high school I never fit in with a particular group and it was really lonely, but now I'm trying to be Chad in college. We'll see how this one goes. Tbh I couldn't ever leave this board but maybe there's some hope for all of us
>Feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>26893177
This. I just want to die
>>
>>26892959
>actually want to get out of their shithole, what's currently holding you back?
I, as well, have very little discipline (for the professional shithole) and severe anxiety/bad self-image (for the social shithole) as well as being terrible at remembering names/faces which makes for very awkward moments.
>>
File: 273948623.jpg (43 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
273948623.jpg
43 KB, 480x480
>>26894501
Stab your parents!
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.