[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cc/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2412x2216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2412x2216
Who has a community college degree here?

Only CCbots allowed. Must be a CC student, former CC student or have a CC degree.
>>
I was in community college for my first year but I transferred to a proper university after. It was a comfy experience though.
>>
>>26892401
What did you enjoy most out of your CC experience?
>>
>>26892375
I graduated with an AA in liberal arts three years ago and have been working on getting more worthless degrees in a proper university ever since

the community college years were my last comfy years and it's nothing but down from here
>>
Working on my CC degree right now, it smells weird there in the morning and I can't wait to be done with this.
One more year after this semester, I can make it robots.
>>
>>26892492
The classes were really small and it was easy to make friends, the professor were much easier to get to know and be friends with, it was just laid back and it was actually quality education.

Don't know why they get a bad wrap but community college is pretty great.
>>
>>26893676
Don't be fooled. CC is great.
I fell for the uni meme. CC is chill, it's cheap, people are more down to earth, less chads and Stacey's, smaller classes.

Also unlimited grade forgiveness, no pressure at all.
>>
>>26893715
The school is pretty okay, it's only ~5 minutes from my house so I'm never late for class and I can always go home and sleep. My only problem is it feels just too much like highschool, mostly because I went to such a small highschool. But I've been a bit more social this semester, mostly out of a mutual need for cooperation to pass half the time, but I'm in a pretty good standing, and usually I feel much smarter than I probably would if I went to a big Uni.
>>
>>26892375
Can someone explain to me how community colleges work? We don't have them where I live.

Are they like universities but less prestigious? Do they have different qualifications or the same kind but at a different grade?
>>
File: 1390353437118.png (284 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
1390353437118.png
284 KB, 585x400
>He went to community college!

Please, don't fall for this meme. You're better off with thousands of dollars in student debt, than being rejected by employers because all you have is a shitty A.A.
>>
>>26894033
>student debt

Yeah but no one is in debt at a CC. It's so affordable. Also an AA is meant to just be your first 2 years, your general education stuff. It's not supposed to build your career. AS is different and more specialized, I know some people making 60k a year with an AS or certificate from a CC
>>
File: 1456620474457.jpg (39 KB, 252x368) Image search: [Google]
1456620474457.jpg
39 KB, 252x368
>>26892375
Can anyone give me any suggestions?

I'm really stuck. I'm passionate about writing and educating people when it comes to English literacy and writing, creative or otherwise. I'm also very opinionated and interested in learning about the world and systems of government, and I think that politics may be a good route for me. I also am really interested in nature, particularly entomology and herpetology.

Obviously, I need to pick one, or two if I incorporate writing into either secondary field; I'm just not sure HOW to go about it because I'm a 22 yr old manchild whose been given next to no life preparation from my parents and only my dad went to college for an IT degree, about 20 years ago.

Currently, I'm working on my AA in LArts to get well-rounded but think maybe education would be my best option (my dream job would be a college professor or early childhood education, in order to instill good learning habits early on)

Sorry for the novel, but I can't seem to find answers anywhere else.
>>
>>26894033
I don't know if every CC does this, but the one I go to gives you substantial transfer scholarships (in addition to any you may receive, of which theres usually a fuckton available at CC) with an A.A to get your Bachelors' at uni, it's a pretty good deal if you ask me.
>>
>my CC has multiple campuses
>urban campus is full of old people and foreigners
>they are generally people who are easy to get along with
>northern campus is full of tall, good looking, young men, who are fresh out of highschool
>feels like 90% attractive men, 10% females
I am also a fresh-outta-highschool kid but I feel so intimidated and lame when I'm in the classrooms of the northern campus.

I'm pondering if it's really worth it to sign up for classes at the northern campus again.
>>
>>26892375
In my 3rd year now and close to finishing my AA because I failed a good chuck of classes early on. No debt because it costs like 1.6k/term for 15 credits and I have a minimum wage job.
Technically it's not a CC anymore cause it started offering BA degrees (like 3 choices) last year. Funnily enough, I've noticed a lot more sjw and BLM shit since then. I guess that attracts idiots.
I'm glad I go to this school desu. Super forgiving even though I dicked around and failed classes. The BA degrees are pretty well respected from what I hear, at least the IT ones since they're very hands on and focused on applied concepts.
Pretty comfy if you're not uncomfortable whenever you're away from your computer like me.
>>
>>26892375
I'm not American and also our education system is a special snowflake, but I went to what I guess counts as a Community College, a couple of them actually.

Enrolled in Network Administration and then Web Design & Technology programs before realizing that they made me want to kill myself and then dropped out. I was in my late 20s and actually one of the younger ones there.

In the NetAdmin program there was a lot of Chinese and other immigrants who were already doing this back in their home country and were just doing this to get another certification, also the program came with an internship. There was a couple of 50-something year old dudes who were like former photographers or vacuum salesmen who were just trying to catch up with the times and try this "computer" ting that kids are into. Actually more girls (like 6 or 7 in a group of 30) than I thought there would be. A few regular failed Chad normies, one or two stoners, and always a sperg in the corner.

I went to two different colleges for each program. One was in the same building as the rest of the college, but the other was in a shitty old building that had us isolate from the rest of campus like a leper colony.

It was trippy to walk amongst 17-18 year olds when I was 10 years older than them.

I'm 30, 31 this, and will likely be going to another Community College in a couple of years this time in music production.
>>
so what classes do you take if you're not sure what major to pick?
>>
>>26893703
bad rep*
>>
The due date for the FAFSA for the university I've been planning on, was yesterday.

Guess its gonna be another year at CC
>>
>>26894121
I have an AAS and I made 50k last year. Was something to do while I was being a druggie bum. Payed for it flipping burgers, smoking weed, drinking on the job, and popping pills. Was good times
>>
>>26895097
You don't pick a major. You can, but it doesn't make any sense to until 3rd semester. Take your basic math, a lab class like chemistry, a history class, and business communications (speech)
>>
File: 1422074049691.jpg (151 KB, 634x549) Image search: [Google]
1422074049691.jpg
151 KB, 634x549
I went to a CC for my first two years, got a lot of the prerequisite shit done, making sure everything transferred, and I even got an Associate's because I figured why not, I had enough with what I took to get some bullshit sciences one.

I actually miss it. It was comfy and all the teachers actually cared, unlike the professors who have to lecture at 700 students.
>>
>>26895949
thanks, i will do that

the thing is i was talking to a counselor a few weeks ago and when i told him i was unsure of what major i wanted to pursue he looked at me like i was crazy

CC counselors are so worthless
>>
CC is pretty great, maybe too many loud black people at mine but other than that its OK. Also sorta sucks for making friends because everyone here is either normie beyond bounds or an impossible sperg that puts even r9k to shame
>>
>>26896174
>impossible sperg
Holy shit this. The sheer number of autismos at my cc is insane especially when you go to the student lounge
>>
File: 1408316488607.jpg (15 KB, 226x221) Image search: [Google]
1408316488607.jpg
15 KB, 226x221
I'm too stupid for CC and it just feels like wasting time
>>
>>26896203
Yeah man, I made the mistake of dropping in for an anime club meeting a while back

They literally look and act like goblins. I'm no social sorcerer myself, but I feel like Chad BigD McLotsaFriends just talking to these sorry souls
>>
>>26892401
Im about to do this anon. Gunna do summer classes and then fall then transfer. Doing premed and majoring in Microbio
>>
>In CC planning to transfer to university
>need a 3.0 to get accepted
>am going to fail a class this semester because I missed out of several homework assignments
>have a feeling that my 3.4 GPA will drop below 3.0
>getting really stressed out and constantly telling myself I don't have the determination for university if I can't get all A's in community college
When I walk through the halls no one ever makes eye contact with me, in fact they will pull out their phone or just stare at the ground. I can't tell if I'm really ugly/creepy or just visibly depressed. Even had a disabled midget look at me, sigh, then roll his eyes. Made me feel like shit for some reason.
>>
>>26896910
awh anon. no you aren't. my high school gpa was 1.2. and I'm actually really smart if i apply myself. Im wanting to become an ER physician. Maybe trauma surgeon. I dunno.
>>
>>26892375
AS in game programming/comp science, here. My school taught me the skills I needed and I'm a successful software engineer now. Pretty happy with my school.
>>
How liberal is community college? I'm afraid of going back and being surrounded
>>
>>26897989
I go to CC and other than a one time run in with the LGBT, I haven't been exposed to the liberal agenda. Of course your experience may differ if you actually talk to people.
>>
>>26897725
good luck anon
make a me proud
>>
>>26897989
not anything like universities dude. Humanities profs/adjuncts are all predictably left-leaning but that's cuz they went to uni.

Student body is mostly comprised of two categories:
1. people too dumb to be political
2. people who work or otherwise don't have enough time to get into that shit
>>
File: dont_eat__dont_sleep_.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dont_eat__dont_sleep_.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
I'm constantly afraid of not getting a high enough GPA to transfer to a good uni
Please kill me
>>
>26
>just applied for CC
>have to take placement tests
>look at what the math entails
>have literally forgotten all of it

I haven't done anything with fractions in close to a decade, I'm so fucked
>>
Received my Associates in Liberal Arts from my CC in 2013. Shitty degree.

Now I am taking the SAT and applying to Reed College, Stanford, and UCLA
>>
>>26892375
I've been taking CC classes part time on and off for years.
>tfw 24 and still not even an Associate's Degree
>>
transferred from CC to UCLA now got a 176 on LSAT. fuck the haters
>>
>>26898318

go for you? anyone can apply anywhere lol and from the fact u got a AA in liberals arts tells me u couldn't cut it at UCLA
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.