[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How doth one begin to turn their life around as a 22 year old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: hmmmm.jpg (54 KB, 383x465) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
54 KB, 383x465
How doth one begin to turn their life around as a 22 year old NEET?

I've got a decent amount of motivation lately I literally just don't know what to do.
>>
Fix your diet, if need be (take small steps). Exercise more (take small steps, literally). If you need money, go to an employment office (or whatever they're called) and follow the procedures. You could also qualify for financial-assistance, if you're looking for a job. If you have the desire to study, go to a university or training-college.

Simple advice, but only works if you have motivation, which you said you do.
>>
>>26888745
I'm already have the fitness and diet thing down. I've been going to an employment office but they don't really do anything. I would want to study but I'm scared of having another anxiety and depression breakdown again like I did the first time. I've applied for shitty jobs but never got call backs. And my resume is basically blank
>>
>>26888641
If you want to work try to get into the IT branche.
>>
File: 55555555555555.gif (555 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
55555555555555.gif
555 KB, 555x555
>>26888641
we'll be here for you when you fail miserably and give up
>>
>>26888855
Nah. This time shit's real. I'm going to fail as many times as I need to. I can't go on any longer like this.
>>
>>26888855
>>26888906
>55 post
>55 pic
>55 filename
>55 size
>55 resolution

It's over, man. You got cursed by ironclad witchcraft.
>>
>>26888828
Start seeing a therapist. It takes time, but, eventually, your therapist will become more and more familiar and experienced with you, and this constant is something you will definitely need, in order to support the other areas of your life. I'm gonna assume you live in America, so I don't know if you could get that subsidised. If you're concerned about it, due to a previous experience, perhaps, you should keep trying. If you're male, see a male therapist. And make sure they are at least middle-aged. No young ones.

You could try volunteering at various places, in order to get some work and social experience. I don't know how successful that would be, because I've never tried it, but it is an idea.
>>
>>26888855
holy shit yugi calm down
>>
Approach life with a stoic mindset and get a job. Any job, as long as it pays enough to sustain expenditure and give you a reasonable disposable income.

Remember, you work to live, not live to work.

But then again, youre seeking advice from neets like myself so how far do you expect to get... the answer rests within you, just need to find it
>>
>>26888975
I've seen a therpist in the past. Wasn't really for me. The whole "talking to someone about your problems is really beneficial" never clicked with me.

>volunteering

I have neither the patience or empathy for such a thing
>>
>>26889045
>I've seen a therpist in the past. Wasn't really for me. The whole "talking to someone about your problems is really beneficial" never clicked with me.
you probably quit because it didn't make you feel better right away
>>
>>26889112
I did it for 9 months...
>>
>>26889146
What happened during those 9 months?
>>
work is a mug's game, start a cool rewarding hobby. productive NEET life is top-tier
>>
>>26889233
he'll be back

NEETs never escape
>>
>>26889220
Molestation. A little bit in both directions.
>>
>>26889375
Can you explain it in a way that doesn't sound retarded?
>>
I fucking hate therapist shills. "Just talk to a fucking clinical asshole that you also pay bro! Oh you already did? You must've done it wrong!"
>>
>>26889481
You can't even handle the banter. Good luck out there... you're going to need it.
>>
File: 1456135131323.jpg (41 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1456135131323.jpg
41 KB, 800x600
>>26889397
ProbabIy not.
>>
>>26888641
Go back to school, go right back to school. Tell you're topxic relationships to fuck off and get on psych meds if you actually need them. Don
t wait on any of these.
>>
>>26889481
This. The fact that they're all women is an instant red flag
>>
22 years and no experience is a big red flag for employers. You will probably have to go back into education so you can land something through connections or at least show that you're doing something. If you're eligible for financial aid and American, try to apply for work study as that's financial aid and work experience in one.
>>
>>26888641
get a job and a gf. shit aint rocket science.
>>
>>26889521
but the other anon is right. therapy is a fucking racket.
>>
>>26888641
>turn life around

We're both only 22, things are just getting started. Don't be discouraged.
>>
>>26889839
no it's not. 22 is perfect for an entry-level job.
>>
>>26889538
What the fuck my lad?
>>
I need to get drivers license but parent works 6 days a week and is too tired to let me drive on her ONE off day. Wish I was a Britcuck or some shit.
>>
>>26889481
>>26889896
>>26889750
>what is a psychiatrist?

let me be the therapist for you guys then

you're sick, people pushed you to go into therapy, the therapist said things you didn't like and now you're outraged over the concept of therapy
>>
>>26889045
That therapist might not have been right for you. Trust me, it can take a while before you find one that helps. Also, you should look into getting anti-depressants. Those can help a lot when you find the one that's right for you.
>>
>>26890236
no more like I have friends. why do i need to pay some dickhead to pretend to listen to my problems?
>>
>>26890371
>Also, you should look into getting anti-depressants. Those can help a lot when you find the one that's right for you.
kek. a meme pills shill.

op letting these quacks dope you up is the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>26888641
get educated then get a job then get money then get a family then retire and be proud of the family that will live on for centuries instilled with your values then die happy and fulfilled.
>>
>>26888641
Stop going on /r9k/ so much
>>
>>26888641
Save money. Even if you're working a shitty min wage job give yourself a very tight budget. I see people our age going out every weekend and blowing a couple hundred on drinks alone. They spend every dollar they make because they're 'living in the now' because they're aeof indulgent silly sallies.

Save money in your early 20s. Cut out any expense that isn't vital
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.