[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this how you envisioned spending the majority of your adult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1393872908304.png (29 KB, 534x516) Image search: [Google]
1393872908304.png
29 KB, 534x516
Is this how you envisioned spending the majority of your adult life when you were a child?
>>
>>26888075
Before 12-14 I was too dumb to think about it, after yes.
>>
>>26888075
No, but it sure as hell was what I wanted up until now.
>>
When I went to bed on my 16th birthday I thought everything will fall into place eventually.
I thought I'm going to be a grown-up like everybody else, naturally I will have a girlfriend, a job and all the other things going along with it.

Now I'm a 31yo virgin.
>>
Yeah basically. I thought I could get a nerdy girlfriend though to be boring and stare at a screen with me though. There was no internet when I was a kid either, I was just kind of autistic.
>>
>>26888075
Actually yes, I realized early on that my life will be terrible, my dad actually made a joke about it recently, saying that my 10yo self should have become a fortune teller and could have prevented this.
>>
never thought I'd make it this far.
I was convinced I'd kill myself before I turned 20.
>>
>>26888203
Are you really 31?
>>
>>26888304
Yeah. It's not that hard to reach 31 you know.
>>
>>26888203

You thought life was just gonna fall into your lap but thats not how it works, anon.
>>
>>26888348
it is though. you should be somewhat proud.
existing is hard, and you have been doing it for more than 3 decades now.
>>
>>26888075
Absolutly no, I always tought things will get better as I and others mature, but they only became MUCH worse.
Being an ugly(-10/10),short(165cm), poor kid to an immigrant mom is too hard, robots, I sometimes think what could I do in my past life to deserve such shitty life and I can't think of something that deserves my punishment
>>
Nigga that IS what my childhood was and I knew that it would continue into adulthood
>>
File: Cute Yuri #55.jpg (137 KB, 474x723) Image search: [Google]
Cute Yuri #55.jpg
137 KB, 474x723
Actually, I wanted to get married and have kids and shit, but than I decided that it would be lame and awful.
>>
I was really good at sports as a kid so I naturally thought I was going to be a professional athlete. If not that then the army
>>
File: 662750_original.png (104 KB, 244x165) Image search: [Google]
662750_original.png
104 KB, 244x165
It's weird. I never have been able to care about the future, and to this day I've never been able to. It's part of my escapism tendencies, I guess. Since I was young, I never saw anything for me in this world. I still don't.
>>
>implying i'm sitting on chair infront of a desktop pc
>impying i'm not on bed laptop masterrace
>>
thought id have a gf, go to parties, go out with friends, get a car, go to uni, have the occasional skiing holiday with friends

As much as i fucking hate coldplay "nobody said it was easy but nobody said it would be this hard"
>>
>>26888892
Wow you sure hate coldplay quoting their fucking songs and everything.
>>
>>26888075
Nope.

My early teens were spent mostly jacking off and playing video games. Adulthood seemed like it was forever away and I didn't care much.

Then just about everything fucked up. It wasn't until years later that I found one of the only real joys in my life, a Korean massage parlor not far from where I live, and every month or so I'd go there for some fun/comfort.

But even that, the one fucking thing I enjoyed, was taken away recently because the place got raided. I've been scouting around for other places but haven't had any luck so far.
>>
File: magickingdom.jpg (150 KB, 720x261) Image search: [Google]
magickingdom.jpg
150 KB, 720x261
>>26888075
>Is this how you envisioned spending the majority of your adult life when you were a child?

Nope, but I never did have any realistic goals or expectations. Spent most of my youth at the public library reading fantasy novels before the internet was big, and when I started getting into that around 2000 it was more of the same.

pic related.
>>
>>26888873
>Bed
Correct
>Laptop
Wrong
>>
I could tell this was a path that was being laid out for me since I was about 10.
>fix the family computer
>hanging out in the A/V and computer labs at school

I actively fought against and pursued a degree that doesn't make me do computer bullshit all day.
>tfw all the newer stuff is done exclusively through coding and then it trickles down into my work
>tfw don't even get credit for working out the real world logistics on some shit a weenie with gaussian09 dreamed up.

as for using the computer for fun. I realized my upbringing wasn't standard and my parents were really sheltering and incompetent. Now i have to waste time figuring out everything now while trying to let go of everything I missed during childhood and as a result early adulthood.
>tfw have to spend hours reading self help, psychology, fitness, spiritual healing books.
>tfw have to cross reference statements and assess authors and data because of the absolute normies that run these industries.
>>
>>26888075
>implying that isn't the life I wanted

Obviously I wanted to play vidya and do nothing all day. I still do. The year after highschool I spent being NEET was one of the best times of my life. Now I'm a wagecuck and I hate my life.
>>
I never thought about adulthood to begin with
>>
>>26888075
No. Next question

Not spam
>>
>>26888075
I never thought I would live this long.

Why am I not surprised this was not an original comment.
>>
File: an-hero1.gif (988 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
an-hero1.gif
988 KB, 500x280
No not at all
I was relatively normie up until 7th grade then it's been a constant downward spiral since then
>>
I attempted suicide at 18. I didn't want to live to see my 20th birthday.

I'm now 29. I'm a kissless, handholdless, virgin NEET.
>>
>>26891576
Surprised you've lasted this long
I'm at 22 and same situation as you and I want to end it already
>>
>>26888075
It's what I hoped for, desu.
Didn't realize everyone would give me grief for it.
Oh well.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.