[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does this game mean to you /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: Ocarina of Time.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina of Time.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
What does this game mean to you /r9k/?
>>
>>26886420
Adventuring, growing up, making lots of different friends, making a difference, fighting against injustice. I don't understand why Ganondorf fucked everything up? Why not use your power to improve Hyrule.
>>
>>26886420
My childhood memorie.
>>
>>26886420
Played Majora's Mask when I was younger and loved it. Tried to get into OoT when I was older but got bored.
>>
good childhood game. it's been a meme for a long time though.

majoras mask is awful and I never bothered finishing it
>>
Good soundtrack, aged fucking horribly. No point in playing it now. Was bretty good back in the day tho.
>>
It not only helped me develop as someone who plays video games but as a person. It taught me about resilience, determination, problem solving and loyalty.
>>
>>26886705
>>26886771
>muh childhood

grow up fag
>>
>>26886420
That game all my friends had that looked cool as fuck, but that my parents would never buy for me.

A part of me wants to download an emulator version, but the other part knows it's not going to be the same as playing it as a kid.
>>
The first game I ever beat, I was 4.
What does it mean to me? Too much.
>>
Played it for the first time when I was 12 and really liked it. Played Majora's Mask a year or two later and enjoyed it more. They're both pretty good games, but nowhere near as good as nostalgiafags will have you think.

>>26887064
>It not only helped me develop as someone who plays video games but as a person. It taught me about resilience, determination, problem solving and loyalty.
>US GAMERS.JPG
>>
Fantastic game although I've never beat it. Started so many new files but could never finish. Soundtrack is god tier too
>>
>>26887117
Just to make it clear how young I was at the time, I couldn't read, write or speak, my character name was just random letters and numbers.
>>
>>26887072
I did in fact.
I don't play video games anymore.
>>
>>26887261
>4 yrs old
>couldnt speak

Are you ok anon?
>>
>>26886420
A timeless experience that I can still enjoy now. What I like most about it is how alone you are in the game, especially when you become an adult. I truly feel immersed in the n64 itteration of Link
>being the odd one out
>travelling practically alone
>as soon as you become an adult, every place in the world looks less fantastical but grim and somewhat grounded in reality
>At the end of the day when all is saved you don't end up becoming a grand figure atleast in the child timeline but you silently leave the land.
>>
Terrific game, very high energy. Love it!
>>
>>26887296
>browsing r9k is totally a better way to spend your time instead of vidya
>>
>>26887319
He's probably autistic. Not developing basic skills like speech at the typical time is the most common symptom of autism.
>>
>>26887408
No, I was just a very shy child.
>>
>>26887019
>no point in playing it now
Actually just picked it up again last week and its still pretty good. Aged, but still good. It is a very very very well designed game in my opinion. Mostly in the nuances of the level design.
>>
countless hours of my life wasted
>>
>>26887447
I would be shy if i was autistic
>>
10 year old me was the go-to guy in my year group at school for tips and help on this game.
>>
A fun game.
>>
>>26887019
yea all those games have aged terrible

I tried fucking around with goldeneye a few years ago and I just couldn't play it, the controls for it are just awful. I have no idea how I used to strafe run so quickly in that game.
>>
Good game, bit overrated though.
>>
File: 1383970-loz_y_a_malon.jpg (55 KB, 523x757) Image search: [Google]
1383970-loz_y_a_malon.jpg
55 KB, 523x757
farm waifu CLAIMED
>>
>>26887447
You're still going to develop speech skills from your parents.

They probably just thought you were "quiet" and didn't do anything about.

Many people on the spectrum can live completely normal lives and have very little signs of autism. Thus is main reason for the movements to end the stigma of autism. It isn't really a big deal in most cases.
>>
>>26887449
But the graphics suck and theres no trophies
>>
I played Majora's Mask and Wind Waker before OoT. I hated it as a kid and still hate it.
>>
>>26887553
weak bait
original
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0
>>
What's the ocarina of time for kids born in 2000? halo?
>>
Nothing, never played that turd. A friend of mine had an N64 being the filthy consolefag that he was, never bothered to check it out.
>>
>>26887595
Just a friendly shitpost
>>
>>26887498
FUCK OFF she's mine cunt, I will fucking cuck you to death m8.
>tfw no LoZ farm simulator
>>
>>26887624
No, it's still just ocarina of time.
>>
Normies.

Didn't play it growing up, never been a fan of the 3D games in general. I do have OoT3D and Majora's Mask 3D on 3DS but I haven't beaten OoT3D and have barely started MM3D.

Minish Cap and Link to the Past are probably my favorite Zelda games.
>>
>>26887449
It is well designed but almost every later zelda game has built on top of it. So I don't see a reason why anyone but us old farts would enjoy it since it has aged so terribly.
>>
>>26887624
I think Spyro. A lot of -16 kids usually say Spyro was the game that stuck out to them from their childhood.
>>
>>26887624
Everything on the PS2.
>>
>>26886420
overrated shit
>>
>>26887713
eh, I've played all 3D Zeldas (except Skyward Sword and I haven't beaten MM yet, only at Stone Tower) and I still think OoT is the best designed. Though I havent played TP in awhile.
>>
OoT is what set the foundation but Windwaker is the best 3D Zelda game ever made.
>>
>>26887818

SS>TP>OOT>WW

Sailing is boring.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 325x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 325x281
>>26887844
wow I've NEVER seen this bait before....
>>
I like Windwaker more but then again, opinions.

I can't play oot anymore though, the frame rate really hurts my eyes.
>>
I never liked it and never understood why everyone loves it so much. Every 2d zelda is better than every 3d zelda, imo.
>>
>>26886420
The sad truth is that kid link would grow up to have kid links face.
>>
>>26887897
oh, you're one of those types

2d games are trash
>>
>>26887897
>every 2D Zelda

What is the shitfest that is legend of link?
>>
>>26887897
This bait is worse than the last.
>>
>>26887920
you're waifu is trash
>>
>>26887731
>tfw the Spyro series got raped and died
>>
>>26886420
Nothing, I never liked Zelda games.
>>
>>26886420
I remember when it came out, me and my brother saved our allowances and bought an N64 for it.

I thought it was the only game I would ever need, I was so amazed at seeing a 3D game world.
>>
File: autism.jpg (44 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
44 KB, 640x426
>>26887374
>Says the guy browsing /r9k/
>Projecting this much
>Being this much of an argumentative ass
>>
>>26887887
Meant
>>26887786
Also I'm very much original
>>
>>26887374
does anyone else see the irony in this post?
>>
>>26888181
It was probably intentional.
>>
>>26887374
What would you do instead lad ?
>>
>>26888716
Play vidya, obviously.
>>
It was pretty amazing for its time. I wouldn't call it the best game ever like a lot of people do though.
>>
>>26888738
If you have the ability to enjoy it of course. But that's not an option for everyone.
>>
>>26888716
>>26888775
>lad

You have bigger issues to deal with
>>
>>26888799
Like ?

Original comment.
>>
>>26886420
Never played it hold your gasps normies I bet it's a good game considering all your praise towards it as >muh childhood.
Sounds overrated, we tend to over exaggerate pleasant things in our childhoods I played star fox adventures and think it's better dispite it being not as heavily rated and basically being a ripoff of Zelda but that's because sfa was >muh childhood
>>
being comfy on the weekend off from school playing vidya
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.