[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 640x496
I woke up this morning at around 5am down as fuck. What made me feel better was thinking about the complexity and intricacy of the universe, space, the microscopic world.

Anyone else calm their feels by thinking about the complexity and grandeur of everything?
>>
>>26881894
No it just made me realize I was on the game over screen before pressing start
>>
Fucking this. Always been in to physics which helps, but just being in an open space at night and having some time to think is great.

Need to invest in a telescope or something.
>>
>>26881894
I've been up all night going through phases of pity/depression and contentness/quiet-despair
I've been thinking about how it might be worse that looking back I haven't had any significant relationships rather than later if I've lived my life to old age looking back and seeing that I had no significant relationships
Like, if you've fucked up completely and you recognize it
Is the fresh feeling you pain worse than a life time of looking back and remembering?

I should have gone to bed ages ago
>>
>>26881920
I've been looking for spots in the UK where you can see the Milky Way with the naked eye. I passed my driving test last week so can drive out there and see it - I never have before, I think it'd be a pretty amazing experience.
>>
File: despair.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
>>26881910
>No it just made me realize I was on the game over screen before pressing start

Fucking this.
/thread
>>
>>26881894
It makes me feel worse because in the vastness of the universe I wound up here. Here in a place where curiosity is bested by chad like confidence. A place where people chastise me. A place where the most successful of my species have stronger personalities than me. A place of eternal suffering with no purpose. I hate this place.
>>
>>26881943

Unless you're in central London or something you probably don't even need to leave the house, it's a reasonably clear line across the sky. Although I'd recommend you do go somewhere if you've time on your hands, just get in the car and drive somewhere. Sounds good to me.
>>
>>26881953
But don't you think you could've easily just not existed at all? Or would that be better in your case? At least you got to experience something, I guess, and with the universe being as big and unpredictable and mind-numbingly detailed as it is, do you not think it will be possible to exist again in some form as a happier person?
>>
>>26881996
Yeah I live in London so will have to travel a bit. Thinking of heading somewhere like Eastbourne, right by the shore, should be able to see something. In the future I'm hoping to head to the states or NZ and camp out under the stars on a clear night, where it's so clear you can see satellites zipping across the sky. That's my goal. As well as the northern lights.
>>
>>grandeur

implying non-commodity worth in this shithole existence
>>
I don't do it often but when I do look up at the stars it resets my mind. I think "Who gives a fuck. You don't have real problems."
>>
>>26882057
I get the same thing. Sometimes I focus on one star in the sky and if I think about it long enough, I really go on a trip and it kinda of resets my breakers.
>>
There is no actual you, only what has shaped you into you. If you were born into a slightly different situation you would be completely different and probably have never had the thoughts you've had. It really adds perspective to think about this.
>>
Look, a postitive introspective thread. Watch people ignore it to go complain about the situations they put themselves in
>>
I love life, despite everything
>>
>>26882148
I always think how different would I be if me as a sperm was a bit slower? But that sperm wasn't me. It became me. What if another sperm got in, would that be me? Would I be experiencing the universe? These thoughts simultaneously scare me and make me realise how lucky I could possibly be.
>>
>>26882037
man I love going /out/ too, that sounds like a comfy trip
like walking all day through a forest, starting a fire, cooking something up and enjoying a warm summer night under the stars
one day anon
>>
Yeah.
And I like to think I finally found my "purpose" of sorts.

After dealing with lots of shit + college, a lot of people end up going to me for advice.

I kinda feel like writing one of those fictional self-help books, but with my current generation, the past generation and people that have undergone specific circumcstances in mind.

Because the only way I know how to cope with all the shit that's happened in the past five years is writing about it. None of that
>tfw no gf
shit. At least I'm being a little productive.
>>
>>26882284
That's what life is all about. It satisfies my primal urges just thinking about it. Cooking something you have hunted over the fire, listening to nothing but the gurgle of a nearby stream and the birds and wind through the trees. Falling asleep beneath the stars and waking up to a new day with infinite possibilites, anywhere to discover, seeing things you would never think to see - like deer drinking by a waterfall, or coming to an unexpected cliff face looking out over a great expanse of country.

Man, it sounds gay looking back on how I wrote it, but that really is the dream for me.
>>
>>26882324
Go for it man. If you think you've found your purpose, there's no reason not to pursue it. I've had a similar experience recently. I've always loved writing fiction, even did it at university and came away with okay grades, but never thought myself good enough. Recently I've broadened my reading and have found a bunch of good books as well as awful books. The awful books really helped me, they made me realise that I can do better. That it is possible.

If you find a passion, stick to it and don't let anyone try and shoot you down. It gives you purpose, as you said, and it gives you much more. A sense of being, really, and that can do wonders.
>>
>>26882239
It's easier to complain than sit back and actually try and evaluate where it all went wrong.
>>
I was diagnosed with testicular cancer last week. Lost my testicle. I used to think about being in situations like this and imagine how bad it would be. I just appreciate life a lot more and try to not be a cunt 100% of the time.

Tl;Dr lost my nut, might have cancer, stars are awesome, don't worry be happy
>>
>>26882337
Nature truly is wonderful
I'm currently browsing the web to find a nice starter survival knife. Nothing too eccentric, just a simple knife to cut stuff like wood etc
>>
>>26882504
That's good man. How you doing now?
>>
File: uczucie pod kocem.png (696 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
uczucie pod kocem.png
696 KB, 633x758
>>26881910

>No it just made me realize I was on the game over screen before pressing start

I wasn't ready for that feel.
>>
Thinking about our rarity at life made me appreciate being alive, not appreciating others tho.

One green space beam to our blindside and we're dead.
>>
>>26881894
After taking higher physics education I can assure you the univerese is basically controlled by some bullshit rules that no one really understands and probably not that complex. Which makes things even more weird to think about. How can anyone understand what is going on.
>>
>>26882950
What's your definition of complex?
>>
>>26882673
Pretty good. Waiting on the cat scan in a week. Just wanna get back to work and back to basketball. Cheers for asking m8
>>
>>26882386
>Actual motivating advice from /r9k/
Wow, damn that's awesome.

I've broadened my reading too.
It's helped me become better as a writer, honestly.

Now I just have to force myself to sit down and actually accomplish something.

2 Chapters so far, though.
>>
File: cosmic pepe.jpg (348 KB, 781x552) Image search: [Google]
cosmic pepe.jpg
348 KB, 781x552
>>26881894

Thinking about the universe is just bloody horrifying, why would you even do that? Whats there to think about other than how we're just one more fragile rock floating about in an endless radioactive abyss, nourished only by a giant fucking nuclear nightmare that'll eventually devour us.

Could there be a less comfy thought? How does this help in any way?
>>
>"Anyone else calm their feels by thinking about the complexity and grandeur of everything?"

Yes. Looking up to the stars, I think to myself: we're just tiny particles of dust, each with our own little problems. But why do we worry so much? As time passes, none of our actions will matter. This thought gave me the balls to ask my crush out.

She rejected.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.