[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any military robots here? Life's fucked up beyond all repair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: 1400594989377.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1400594989377.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
Any military robots here?

Life's fucked up beyond all repair and I'm thinking of enlisting. What branch/role should I consider going into?

Also, how fit do I need to be?
>>
If you're good at math and have some practical engineering skill I recommend going to the air force. The chances of going into combat is minimal if you're not a pilot and you can just hang out at the base fixing planes and helicopters.

Don't join the navy unless you like being toted all over the fucking world with no control where you go, and the only time you can get off a cramped and crowded ship is when you dock. Not fun.

And for christs sake don't aim to be a marine unless you are okay with being shot at 24/7.

Infantry is alright, you get shot at a lot and watch your friends die in a tragic IED accident but hey, better than navy or marines. Seriously, just go air force.
>>
>>26880019
>good at math and have some practical engineering skill
Counts me out, looks like it's either navy, marines or army
>>
>>26880096
Not all jobs in the army are combat based, if you have at least some intelligence you might be able to get into intel. But if you had to choose a branch I'd go with infantry.
>>
>>26880127
Do I need to be super fit for infantry or can I get away with just being average?
>>
>>26879939
Start getting gains OP, you don't want to be fat or skinny at basic. Mummys not there to do laps for you.
>>
>>26880151
I would start working out. Like 26880157 said mummy's not there to do laps for you.
>>
>>26880157
>>26880175
Time to hit the treadmill I guess, I can't run anywhere for shit
>>
just remember that the military won't fix your mental problems

that said, the army has the widest job selection and it's more or less guaranteed that you'll get the mos you want if you qualify.

no one but sof will be seeing combat at all anytime soon, marine infantry literally wash rocks.
>>
>>26879939

>3rd degree assault felony
>Can never shoot cyber japs
>>
>>26880274
What the fuck got you a 3rd degree felony?
>>
Don't be a Marine unless you want to BE A MARINE.

Don't be infantry, get a transferable skill

t. 0341 going to college
>>
>>26880297

I hit a normie with a backpack and almost killed him. He was 17
>>
File: 1443856455563.jpg (68 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1443856455563.jpg
68 KB, 668x712
>>26880274
>want to apply for security job
>requirements are a lengthy and invasive background check
>>
>>26880019
I would do air force but I don't like people screaming in my face
>>
>>26879939
Air force here, make sure to research your job before deciding on it.

I'm in dental lab and it's pretty sweet, work 8 hour days, random morale events all the time, job is easy, and they let us watch stuff while we work.

So as long as you're good with your hands you can pretty much watch Netflix all day.
>>
>>26880320
Fucking normie ruins everything again. How did t nearly kill him, was it filled with rocks?
>>
>>26880343

It had like three or four big books in it, and I am 6'2 so the angle of the swing was just perfect to knock out like half his teeth.

They didn't care he was trying to rob me
>>
>want to enlist
>australian army is fucking shit
>>
>>26880383
Were there bricks in the bag too
>>
>>26879939
i spoke with my recruiter yesterday, told him i had adhd in the past and took medicine for it, i hope i dont get disqualified, and im about to take the asvab today for the army, wish me luck phams
>>
>>26880454
My friend get booted out because he had trouble discerning green from brown
>>
>>26880463
thats crazy meng, but i stopped taking that adhd medicine like 6 years ago. will they disqualify me?
>>
Travel to Outremer and protect Eastern Christendom.

Military is for gimps, real niggas take the cross.
>>
>>26880472
It depends on if you can handle it or not.
>>
File: tlegion3.jpg (456 KB, 1000x918) Image search: [Google]
tlegion3.jpg
456 KB, 1000x918
>>26880274
French Foreign Legion.

I envy you your armed forces, Murricans. For me the only way is already mentioned FFL.
>>
>>26879939
Air Force. If you have any intelligence at all, you should go Air Force. If you can't join the Air Force than join the coast guard, if not that then Army, then navy, then marines.
>>
>>26879939
Canadian army here. I'm in the infantry and I can say that it is not the ideal robot lifestyle. Become a weapons mechanic or something, they have it good.
>>
>>26880454
You will be fine
>>
>>26880569
I would be honored to serve in the Legion. I've actually been thinking of moving to France so I can join up. I want to start a new life someplace else, take on a new name, and live by my weapon. I'd like to know more about your experiences in the Legion, if you're willing to share. Maybe tell me about a combat situation you experienced? Or what the training involves?
>>
>>26879939
>how fit do I need to be?
Interested in this too. I run every morning so I'm not fat and have some stamina but guessing that won't be anywhere near enough.
>>
>>26879939
It depends on what you want to do.

Ask me anything, prior-service Army SOT-A during the surge.

>>26880019
>combat

We're in garrison right now dumbass, are you even in the military? No one asides from the SOF community is seeing combat.
>>
>>26880647
>I want to start a new life someplace else, take on a new name, and live by my weapon.
Someone with no life experience romanticising the military. This will go swimmingly.
>>
>>26880647
I have not served yet, although I am leaving in two weeks to join.

My grandfather served for 20 years and my best friend is currently serving for his first year.

From what I have heard and did, you should train running as much possible (not uncommon to daily run 15-20 km in the bootcamp), also train for beep-test (luc leger) there are some quality MP3s, you need at least level 8 for them to consider. Second thing are pull-ups. No need to learn French, although is good idea to learn ranks and memorize some commonly used phrases.

Also visit dentist before leaving. Stop being a romantic about it, it is just a second chance for which you have to work HARD. Also if you are American, do not say how much you earned before joining, either lie or say you were unemployed.
>>
>>26880661
Depending on your trade you will have different standards
>>
>>26880338
Kek
>I wanna join the military
>don't want people screaming in my face
Pick one
>>26880019
You've never actually served in the military.
>>
So do you have to cut your hair always when you enlist? Like for any/all positions?
>>
>>26880915
Don't join if hair is your concern.
>>
>>26880706
>>26880743
I can handle myself. I know firearms, and I've already had 18 stitches from a knife wound. I'm actually looking to escape some of the violence of the life I've known here. I'd rather trade it for a kind that serves a purpose. I do not romanticize or have illusions that it will be easy, and I know the pay is modest, but the way I see it the Legion may be my only shot at redemption.
>>
>>26879939
>>>/k/
look for /meg/
(Military Enlistment General)
Be an 0351
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAKOLOnfV4
>>
>>26880961
Go for it then

What are you waiting for
>>
>>26881012
There are those I still care for here. The only thing holding me back is the possibility that I may not see them again. France is very far away, but maybe when my service is done I will return someday, as someone who is good and actually deserving of them.
>>
>>26881081
Where did you come from anon senpai ?
>>
>>26881081
Don't be so melodramatic anon. After a boot you can get your own PC or phone and stay in touch with them. It's not 90s anymore.
>>
Raafie here military is pretty chill honestly just go be a fucking clerk or some gay shit and its easy mode or if you have half a brain be a aircraft techo
>>
>>26879939
Do not enlist! If you have good GPA/test scores apply to a service academy.
>>
>>26879939
As fit as you can get OP
>>
>>26879939
>Fitness
For enlisting purposes I think you only need to be in a "ok" shape regarding eyesight, weight and joints.

For further, like Officer training I had only do the Basic Fitness Test, where I did all exercises with good results.

If you don't want to throw yourself into enemy fire, maybe consider going into the AA Regiments, Supply/logistics or Artillery.

I did enlist for medical Officers Training, if you have any questions anon feel free to ask.
>>
>>26880690
Nice to see a SOT-A around here. I became pretty close friends with a Korean SOT-A when I was attached to an SF group in Afghanistan around 2009.

Guy was really squared away, always knew his shit.

Tacp JTAC checking in if anyone has questions about the Chair Force.
>>
>>26879939
Join a bomb squad if you want a quick way out.
>>
>>26880661
if you become an "enlist" in the navy. you don't need to be very fit. and they will help you slim down. My sis got into the navy and she said boot camp wasn't hard and she isn't that fit. you should be able to run a 7-10 min mile. She's working in electrical. All she does is sit in an air conditioned room. controlling the internet and lighting.
>>
>>26879939
I'm in the same situation as you op my life is fucked and I want to enlist but I had a shit ton of mental problems when I was younger and saw tons of psychologists and counselors I was also on a ton of medication for depression but it's been years since then if I lie about it during MEPs will they catch me or look at my records? Also what kind of health problems is it ok to tell them about(dental work???)? What's the best MOS in the that has the most robots and how hard is it to get into. I understand the bare bones basics of mechanics and computers and I'm very good at anything to do with logic. How important is mathematical knowledge?
>>
hows the pay since the military pays for everything how much of your income so you save?
>>
>>26880151
>>26880258
>just remember that the military won't fix your mental problems

Maybe not right away, but with the free medical you can get antidepressants and therapy which helps a lot.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.