[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are ugly people more likely to be rude, mean, evil etc. ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1
File: kIAQpMh.jpg (637 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
kIAQpMh.jpg
637 KB, 1600x1064
I noticed something today.

If I divide the people in my environment into two categories (attractive, not attractive), the ones in the first group are usually very nice and kind people (lots of doctors and EMTs, there's even a girl who does charity) and the folks from the other group are usually very rude, obnoxious and mean (come from working class families, drink a lot, bigoted and prejudiced).

I think there might be a connection here.

How about your environments? Is it similar? Maybe it's exactly the opposite?
>>
>>26878841
Attractive people are usually the rudest because they can get away with it most of the time
>>
>>26878869
Gotta say, this hasn't been my experience at all. Despite being unattractive myself, it's the unattractive people that have been the rudest and meanest to me.
>>
>>26878841

Good looking people have better views on life because everything's been granted to them on a silver platter. Of course they'll be happy and smiling and thanking God for winning the genetic lottery and not being born an acne ridden manlet dicklet piece of shit loser.
>>
completely off.

majority of the the ugly people ive met, they are genuinely nice, probably a little bit naive, but nice people

the attractive people however, they are catty, talk shit behind others backs constantly, deciettful, and selfish. but they are more than willing to put a "nice guy" front jsut for appearances. and suckers like you fall for it every damn time.

because looks = personality, right?
>>
attractive people get treated better due to the halo effect

unattractive people get treated worse due to the golem effect and become jaded

people who go from unattractive to attractive or vice versa will follow similar personalities in response to how they are treated
>>
>>26878892
>>26878902

Hmm, interesting perspective. So unattractive people feel bitter that they haven't been granted the same opportunities and therefore are more likely to lash out and be unpleasant to someone?
>>
>>26878914
its not like theyre comparing their experiences

people are just cunts to ugly people, they cant help it, its a natural inherent bias, google golem effect and halo effect

they get treaded normal, attractive people get treated above normal

women become more jaded/feminist as they age because they lose their sexual appeal and go from being treated under the halo effect to being treated normal which they consider being treated bad

most people are treated bad as most people arent attractive
>>
>>26878942
So unattractive people are predestined to end up jaded and unpleasant?

Seems like we can either A) decided to treat all people equally, without judging them based on their looks. B) if we're unattractive (as I am) decide to react to everything with kindness, even and not let ourselves become bitter or jaded even if somebody is treating us horribly

Solution A seems very hard to achieve desu because it operates on macro scale. The end result would have to be everyone on the planet changing their behavior, even the unattractive people, since they're affected by the gollum effect as well. I don't any social awareness campaign in the history

Solution B seems more achievable, since it operates on micro scale. Everything depends on every unattractive person changing their attitude.

It's still would be very hard since it's easy to get annoyed and lash out when someone is spiting in your face and calling you names. I still think it's more achievable than solution A.
>>
>>26879052
C) do everything to up your attractiveness

whatever your issues are there is always some procedure or exercise or routine that will improve it

a) wont work because you cant make human animals treat ugly/unhealthy human animals well because they dont want to reproduce with them

b) is alright but its defeatist accepting your place and being nice to people who dont like you
>>
I've noticed that it depends on whether they're male or female. There've been countless ugly men who have gone out of their way to be nice to me, likely because, as a man, they're going to be proactive about their situation in order to boost their attractiveness. Ugly women, being the pathetic and poisonous creatures that they are, will instead act like cunts and jump on any chance to tear another person down.

Race matters a lot too. White men and coloured women are the nicest of ugly people, whereas white women and coloured men are the worst.
>>
>>26879074
That is definitely an another solution because it also works on microscopic level, depending on units changing themselves instead of changing the entire society as whole.

I think it's actually kind of evasive though. What I think is the main cause of the problem is that ugly is associated with worse so ugly people get treated worse. Turning the unattractive people attractive doesn't change that core fact.

Perhaps if the unattractive people fight that instinct of becoming bitter and jaded and instead try their hardest to be as kind and nice as possible, eventually unattractive will become synonymous with kind and pleasant.

The current link between ugly = worse will change to ugly = kind
>>
>>26879052
the fuck

>>26879074
this

u cant realy make people fuck something they arent attracted to, no matter how much u try to brainwash them. a polished turd is still a turd. i used to blame normies all the time for leaving me out because im uggo but i just decided to say fuck it all.

all i do is ignore everyoone who doesnt talk to me first, dont even acknowledge strangers walking in my direction, go to strip clubs alone, fuck hookers, and focus on my hobbies during the day time.
>>
>>26879140
kind and pleasant are not desirable traits in men

in women theyre ok but what man wants to fuck and reproduce with an ugly woman?

read 48 laws of power
read no more mr nice guy
read how to win friends and influence people
>>
>>26879164
>>26879170

It isn't about sex. I'm talking about how we treat each other as human beings and avoiding the trap of unattractive people becoming bitter.
>>
>>26879184
the way people treat you is COMPLETELY correlated to your sexual value

whether conscious or unconscious
>>
>>26879140
the friendzone was created to ward off nice ugly guys
>>
>>26878841
you are exactly right OP, the rude Chad vs. the nice Robot is a myth robots tell themselves to feel better, more often than not its the other way round. should be no surprise after browsing this board for just a little while. most robots feel rejected and embittered and they are kinda delusional. normies and nice chads are usually grounded in real life and quite frankly simply have no reason to behave like assholes since they are self-confident and get constant reassurance.
>>
>>26879205
Hmm, that's a interesting point.

Perhaps that's another instinct we should consciously fight against.
>>
People respond to your "personality" based on your looks.
I've even done experiments to test this where I've copied something an attractive person has said and got a positive reaction, and then said it myself in a similar setting and got a completely different response. You generally start realizing this around 14-15 and it's incredibly disheartening. I suppose that's where the bitterness begins.
>>
>>26878841
The bitterness is real. I myself am full of spite, and better looking people than I ridicule me. I hate them
>>
>>26878841

Op has a valid point. If you are ugly, you are usually less influential in a group and you are always thrown to second plane. Life becomes harder, hence the hostility.
Its natural.
Imagine someone who is attractive, and all of a sudden becomes defigured. Lets assume that someone isnt married and is young. You can bet your ass that said person's life would become a living hell, and unlike us, he/she would most certainly crumble or become "grumpy".
>>
>>26879236
i was trying not to die during 14-16 so my development got stunted/retarded and i basically lived my teenager life from 20-25

i didnt figure out that people treat you better cause youre attractive even when i went from unattractive to attractive until i was like 26

i just knew people didnt like ugly people. i didnt even consider transforming to recieve a better life.

reading wiki articles on the halo effect changed everything for me
>>
>>26879226
>self-confident

no, the constant validation they got from females created their pillars of confidence,

it's a cycle that we as humans go through. good looks ---> validation ----> confidence

but if you dont have the looks down pact then it usuall goes like this ugly ----> self loath ----> low self esteem
>>
Ugly people were bullied as a kid
>>
Ugly people should just go full hermit mode and leave society.

Why work for people that treat you with less value because of something you can't change ?
>>
>>26879211

Looks always comes first.
>>
>>26878841

>Being this retarded.

Originalayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>26879338
That's rude and ignorant. I'm not claiming that what I'm saying is a scientific fact. I'm just sharing my personal experience and starting a discussion. I welcome other anons sharing their experience that's completely different from mine.
>>
I never noticed any correlation. Maybe because I mostly know average looking people acting average.
keep in mind that it also depends on how they percieve you. If you're ugly, some may look down on you, I you're attractive, some may get jealous.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM

Watch this video. Tackles "lookism" as it is.

Jury is more merciful on the accused who looks more handsome - they are accused of the exact same crimes.

Employers will be more receptive of more attractive applicants for a job. No matter the gender or the job position, attractive people are more likely to get hired.

Children respond better to attractive teachers in school.
>>
>>26878841
Attractive people treat them like a trash and you expect them to be treat other people good? That sounds like ugly people should be masochists
>>
Really attractive and repulsive looking people tend to be nicer. The rat race of the mediocre makes monsters, though.
>>
Daily reminder that you can be a serial killer and women would still love you, if you're attractive :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqmthnrG-2A
>>
>>26879052
>>26879074
D) become angry and bitter, be hateful, live to spite normos
>>
>>26878885
whut? you agree?
>>
>>26879504
It's just my personal experience man. Yours might be different.
>>
>>26879479
you can be ugly and be a serial killer and women will love you too though, really women love killers
>>
Attractive people got less to prove or be bitter about
>>
>>26878841
people treats better and forgive more easily to attractive people of course they are gonna to be nicer than not attractive people.
>>
It's called the halo effect.
Not to mention that unattractive people get trampled on all the time, childhood especially. It isn't fair to blame them for their bitterness.
>>
If you get treated nice (because you look nice) you feel nice and act nice to other people.

If you get treated shit (because you look shit) you feel shit and act shit to other people.
>>
>>26879662
this
dfgdsfjfj
>>
>>26878841
there is no connection, you are just a very shallow person. and a very stupid person, guided and tricked by your instincts.
>>
>>26879729
I feel like you took my post very personally. I'm not calling every unattractive person evil. I'm just saying that MY EXPERIENCE is that unattractive people I know, are more unpleasant and rude than the attractive people I know.
>>
>>26879729
>>26879338
>>26878896

isn't it funny how the people who disagree and are offended by this thread will immediately jump to insults and name-calling?
>>
>>26879838
Ugly people who are bitter.
>>
>>26879838
I honestly didn't mean to be hostile. I just wanted to start a conversation here and suddenly I'm getting attacked.
>>
>>26879838
no it's because the OP is ignorant and makes it seems as if his anecdotes applies to every ugly person.

truth of the matter is that he doesnt know what the ugly people in his life went through so he cant say they are just mean people because that is just who they are. no it's a defense mechanism that they the attractive people who shit on them made the ugly people resort to.
>>
>>26879751

Generally the people who look nice are the ones who are adhering to current trends in society. They have whatever haircut we've currently deemed "attractive", they wear clothes that are up to date in terms of fashion trends, etc.

If you look at things like antisocial personality disorder (the modern term for "sociopaths") you'll see that those people (being that they're anti social) don't like society. This means they probably won't adhere to the latest fashions. Sometimes it means that they don't care for personal hygiene. They'll have either outdated or plain haircuts (e.g. a shaved head instead of a modern pompadour) and wear outdated or plain clothes (a plain black sweater and blue jeans as opposed to khakis and a nice button-down).
>>
>>26879869
I haven't said none of the things you claim I did. I even specifically ask for contradicting experiences in my posts. If you scrolled up, you would see me agreeing with posters saying that say that unattractive people sometimes get jaded from the treatment they get.

Please don't use me to further any of your agenda.
>>
>>26879869
that's not true, OP simply stated an observation he had made in his own environment and wanted to hear others opinions and experiences. he never said it wasn't due to the ugly people having bad experiences either.
>>
>>26878841
Well, I think on the surface it's easy to say those sort of things. Sure, attractive people will be nice in the short term because they've learned to use their looks to their advantage. However, ugly people kind of know how the world really is, they've had to deal with a life of people not giving a fuck about them.
>>
Attractive people are rude and mean in different ways. They don't wear it on their sleeve. Ugly people won't kiss ass to succeed under normal circumstances due to the fact they know their odds are shitty.
>>
>>26878841
It's definitely not possibly that you're biased.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

Actually, it's been well established that's exactly what's happening.
>>
>>26879954
Yes, the halo effect has been brought up before in the thread. It's very interesting.
>>
>>26879076
>ugly white men (most of 4chan)
>nice

top kek
>>
>>26879052
Something tells me you're underage or just stupid. Do you honestly believe you're going to change the world by guiding people into your presupposed, packaged, trite conclusion on 4chan?
>>
>>26881040
Again, a personal attack for not agreeing with me. The worst part is I'm not even claiming anything, just starting a discussion and talking about hypothetical.
>>
I think if you're relatively attractive as well, other attractive people will be more responsive to you as well. But if you're attractive and try talking to an ugly person then it's more likely that they'll think they're being made fun of or some shit. And vice versa, although it's not likely that an ugly person will go up to an attractive person and talk to them
>>
>>26881052
You asked a bunch of de facto rhetorical questions and then tried to get everyone to agree with your shit solution for making the world a better place. And if you get bruised by someone calling you an idiot over the Internet, you should scurry off to reddit. You want a serious critique of your proposal: people never change. History has offered humanity many different circumstances, and we have behaved somewhat differently in each of those circumstances, but by the end of any great epoch, we will always descend into our shitty, tribalistic, selfish ways, no matter what we were before. As this behavior can be found across societies, it represents who we really are. You cannot change people.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.