[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/femalegaming/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: ahri art.jpg (352 KB, 692x1000) Image search: [Google]
ahri art.jpg
352 KB, 692x1000
Femanon here, can someone explain the girls cant be gamers meme?
I personally spend a couple of hours each day playing games mainly on the pc, league of legends, runescape3 and sometimes csgo
Whenever I talk on the microphone I have idiots swearing at me and random people defending me, even though I haven't even done anything,
similarly here, you guys try and say that we just play games for attention and don't actually enjoy playing the game for what it is.

I'm currently gold 2 in league, main support and and take it rather seriously, my friend plays matches with me a fair bit as hes much higher rank then me
(I started in bronze 2) pic related is my fav champ when I play mid, shes a bad bitch like me

>inb4 bringing up history about gamers
just because I made fun of fat losers before doesn't mean I can't enjoy games, I also cosplay which most of you never will do

So would some robot be able to explain why a girl can't be a gamer? I enjoy playing games just as much as any of you
>>
please stop making threads like this every day, it's obious that you do this for attention

also, fukkin saged
>>
Timestamp with your tits out and I will give you an answer
>>
>league
>runescape
>csgo
that's why girls cant be gamers
>>
>>26876892
I'm guessing it's the young adult version of putting a no girls allowed cardboard sign on a tree house as a kid.

what I wonder is why do women want to associate with the word gamer so badly? it's clearly not to get that gamer D and it's used in a mostly negative way so why cling to it so hard?

And assuming this isn't just the usual bait, you're asking the wrong crowd
>>
>>26876892
>league of legends, runescape3 and sometimes csgo
>>
>>26877122
>>what I wonder is why do women want to associate with the word gamer so badly?
Same reason why they desperately wanted to get into that treehouse. Just to fuck it up for everyone who wanted to do without them.
>>
>>26876892
get mad at those cunts Sarkeesian and Zoe quinn. They started a war with gamers so now your entire gender will pay for it.
>>
>>26876892
This was a good bait. Started off legit, maxed me chuckle towards the end.
>>
>my friend plays matches with me a fair bit as hes much higher rank then me

this is why
you arent enjoying the games
you are enjoying the attention you get, the free things you get etc.
>>
Why do women have terrible taste when it comes to videogames?

I think I've only met one girl that had good taste. (She was into Pikmin. It was really cute)
>>
>which most of you never will do
You're a disrespectful cunt.
>>
>>26876892
1. league is for casuals, try OG DOTA or HoN instead
2. CS:GO is for casuals, try 1.6 or QuakeLIVE instead
3. runescape is for casuals, try private server EQ, or EVE

basically girl "gamers" are pandering casuals that don't play anything difficult or skill intensive. i'm sure many are very good at the games they play, but those games aren't particularly challenging to seasoned gamers.

that being said, i've met a huge number of genuinely awesome girls that do play EVE and EQ1 and Q3A and so on, where the skill and reflexes are top notch.

in short: if you want respect, do something to earn it. too many shake boobs on cam instead of being skillful.
>>
>>26877178
>Why do women have terrible taste when it comes to videogames?
some do some don't. i find that many are turned off by boring games that have no characters they can latch on to, and some that like twitch reflex games get tired of the same recycled bullshit games like anyone else (CoD, et c)

since fewer girls want to be associated with the "gamer" stereotype, they aren't as interested as they are in the more social games that have an online component. just how it is with many other sports/entertainment stuff.
>>
>>26876892
>I play 3 multiplayer games a few hours a month
>everytime I say stupid shit over the mic so people can notice I'm a female they go berserk
>I also dress up In skimpy outfits that barley look like the person I'm pretending to be for attention

Come make this thread when you beat and perfected at least 100 games from 5 different consoles
>>
>>26876892
>I also cosplay which most of you never will do

Fuck you bitch I cosplay and I guarantee mine is better than yours.
>>
so many people taking the bait
>>
>>26877269
don't act like you got anything better to do
>>
Girls can't be gamers meme explained.

>angry virgins create "hobby"
>is actually just pathetic obsessive wasting of time
>"LALA THIS IS OUR SECRET CLUBHOUSE YOU CAN'T BE PART OF IT"
>girls take interest and start gaming
>"WAAH GO AWAY THIS IS OUR SECRET CLUBHOUSE"

much like

>angry virgins create "refuge" (/r9k/)
>is actually just pathetic obsessive wasting of time and crying about being entitled
>"LALA THIS IS OUR SECRET CLUBHOUSE YOU CAN'T BE PART OF IT"
>girls take interest and start posting on r9k
>"WAAH GO AWAY THIS IS OUR SECRET CLUBHOUSE"

Nothing is stopping you from playing games. In fact, please do. Female gamers are often a lot more coolheaded. The majority of shit male players will never admit to being shit and instead create a hostile environment in an attempt to cover it up, whereas most female players admit to being bad and instead just try to improve and have fun with those equally coolheaded.
>>
Wait what the fuck? I'm getting major deja vu here. Has this thread been made before?
>>
>>26876892

I'm pretty sure the torso can't rotate from the pelvis to that degree
>>
>>26876892
Will you go out with me please? I'll take you to your favorite Italian place. We can slurp spaghetti like those dogs in the Disney movie.
>>
No joke if anyone talks about being a "gamer" and starts of with LoL or Dota, I immediately lose interest in anything they would ever say about games and consider their opinion casual and garbage.
>>
>>26877305
At least twice before.

https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/26103503/#26103503
https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/25762178/#25762178

You all will still reply as if it isn't bait though. At least sage when replying please.
>>
>tfw gaming while sitting on a dildo

who /comfy/ here?
>>
>>26877352
I'm not going to sage. I have a backbone, sorry.

I still think it's a good conversation subject since it's very much comparable to /r9k/ itself. In fact, I think the whole purpose of this thread might be exactly that; just to prove that /r9k/ posters are, in fact, the same immature manbabies who cry about their raid's tank having a vagina.
>>
>>26877301
God why did I open this post, never opening filtered posts again.
>>
>>26876892
play better games you fucking worthless cunt

also, what the fuck even is league of legends, serious question.
i've never watched gameplay but from what i gather it's just warcraft 3 without buildings and normal units, you just use hero units to fight each other
>>
>>26877355
that's not comfy without a towel, and even then, sitting in my own juices isn't comfy.
>>
>>26877373
I think you're generalizing a bit harshly. It could be confirmation bias, as those who don't care about girl gamers won't reply to this thread. Plenty of people have no issue with female gamers, they're just less vocal about it.
>>
>>26877388
sucks to be you, i find it comfy as hell
>>
>>26877373
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Girls were always welcome in gaming communities and clans for example. It's just the ones that cry for attention and use their gender to get it are the cancerous ones.
Like the Twitch whores for example, they're not playing the game for fun, they're doing it for the donations.
>>
>>26876892
>girls cant be gamers meme
Not actually a thing. People insult each other all the time on games like LoL and CS:GO and your gender just gives them something else to attack. It also doesn't help that the games you mentioned are played by children.
>>
>>26877436
This.
If you hear an Indian talking, you make jokes about his accent, poverty, poop, etc.
If you hear a black guy talking, you make jokes about slavery and stealing.
If you hear a girl talking, you make jokes about how girls can't be gamers.

It's just banter. Unfortunately lots of people can't into banter, and the term "sjw" and "white knight" were born.
>>
>>26876892
Pretty good bait. Most replies think this is a genuine girl. Here are the clues it's bait my friends:

>/femalegaming/
>league of legends, runescape3, csgo
>medicore rank in league which was reached by being carried by a good male player while acting oblivious to this fact
>shes a bad bitch like me
>just because I made fun of fat losers before doesn't mean I can't enjoy games
>cosplay
>>
>>26877465
I know this is bait, but the retarded tripfag is whiteknighting all over the place with bullshit posts.
>>
>>26876892
>the girls cant be gamers meme?
You're a fucking moron.

The 'girl gamers' meme is about the fact that your gender is irrelevant, and females who advertise it are usually not really into games, but rather, are into male attention.
>>
>>26877464
What jokes do you make about white people? School shooting jokes? Cuck jokes?
>>
holy fuck you're wrong
you're playing in toxic communities - i'm a "grill gaemer XD XD" as well, and I can honestly tell you, when people come to the realization that I am one, they literally couldn't give a fuck less. I play mostly Vindictus and Payday 2 (for multiplayer), and literally no one cares if you have a gaping axe wound in between your legs.
Or maybe you're one of those people who are like, "LOOK AT ME A GIRL PLAYING A GAME OMG I AM A FEEEMALE".
>>
>>26877487
What defines "white" people?
I'm white, but also German so I hear Nazi jokes, etc.
But someone from Ireland would hear jokes about fucking goats, for example.
>>
>>26877520
>implying you can even raise goats when you don't have a single potato to feed them
>>
>>26877520
What about white Americans?
>>
>>26877496
>a gaping axe wound in between your legs.
Ash Williams would be proud
>>
>>26877549
Fat ass, burger, kinda obvious.
>>
>>26877564
What if you're a white American and you wanna insult another white American?
>>
>>26877487
>>26877530
Banter doesn't have to be racial. There are plenty of neutral insults like faggot or cocksucker. Cuck isn't exclusively white either.
>>
>>26877594
Seems like minorities get racial banter and white folks in the US, on US servers don't. Kinda unfair if you ask me.
>>
>>26877605
Probably because said whities start throwing tantrums when they get called cumskin or white boy.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 853x480
>>26877577
Why would you insult your own brethren
>>
>>26877577
>faggot
>wow youre gay dude
>retard
>autist
>>
>>26877622
So what you're saying is that the people who call for others to have "thicker" skin end up not having a very thick one themselves.
>>26877624
Equal opportunities mate. I think it's racist to exclude white people from being ridiculed.
>>
wtf guys I was waiting for the roll pic where every1 picks their waifu or some way to die what is this shit? robot can't derail attention whoring threads anymore?

Fkn normies
>>
>>26877635
And that's banter? Seems pretty lazy. Kinda low hanging fruit insults.
>>
>>26877178
One of my coworkers asked me this question because I'm a woman just this week.
We're working on making a video game, so it was even weirder for him to ask me this.

But I honestly don't know and I've never met a woman into the same games I like. They're out there, but they don't talk to a lot of people I'm guessing.
>>
>>26877646
No that's just insulting. There had to be an opportunity to use banter.
>>
>>26877638
Yes. Most never actually experienced the hardships of the thing they advocate for.

Example:
>1/10 guy trying to hit the dating scene but having absolutely zero success
>10/10's advice: just be urself
>>
>>26877667
Fuck off white knight plox
>>
>>26877732
Are you annoyed brother? Experiencing any discomfort?
>>
>>26877648
Most "gamers" in general don't have taste similar to my own (which is what I would consider "good"). Everyone wants to talk about the new Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed, but no one even knows what Monster Hunter or Mount and Blade is. It's the same with anime too.
>>
Gaming is dead to me
Fuck growing up and fuck depression
>>
>>26876892
her midsection and hips are all fucked up looking
>>
File: 1300654394815.png (19 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
1300654394815.png
19 KB, 395x405
>>26876892
>league
>ahri
>when annie is and always will be the best mage
>>
Toxic community. I'm pretty sick of it because it makes me hate when I have a girl on the team. They're disruptive. I know it's not their fault but I can't do shit other than recommend everyone mutes the people who talk shit.

I think most girls eventually start playing in groups. My brother has a lot of female dota friends (enough that I think he's fucking a large portion of them). He's just the kind of toxic guy you'd picture. He gets nice eventually but he really doesn't have common sense. He's spouting memes all the time and I found out he got to /b/ in 2013. I don't see the reason these girls play with him (aside from his looks). I like him, he's my brother. But that doesn't make him any better really. I'm so afraid he's gonna get hunted by PC people eventually because he's clearly browsing /pol/ now and is embracing the memes completely.

Makes my 5'10" height feel like it's the problem. We have very similar faces (according to others) and build (otter, he's a bit less built) he's just 6'6" or something.

Then again I'm here for a reason, can't talk well. Probably more likely to be the problem.
>>
>>26877194
>quake live
Jesus what a faggot. Go play a real arena fps. Fucking UT4 is better than that community now. Q3A or Reflex (cpm type movement, betty good, nice community). Quake live is should be dead tier now that you have to pay for it.
I did get my free copy, just because I hadn't Uninstalled it after trying the loadout update. I'm a amazed they didn't even fix FT
>>
>>26876892

>can someone explain the girls cant be gamers meme?

It doesn't exist. It's something that is made up by sluts, feminists and whiteknight virgins on the Internet. Women always want to feel offended. Autistic people think women are still oppressed in western society. Hence, women will never stop making up phony reasons as to why "society" hates them.

Spare the rod, spoil the child.
>>
>>26877849
>not picking Fizz
Come on guys it's the current year
>JUST E MY SHIT UP
>>
>>26878044

>Come on guys it's the current year

>>>/pol/

go there stormnigger
>>
>>26877577
I'm a swede and we usually ridicule eachother because we hate other swedes generally. Other people are more polite and doesn't make ancient jokes about Sadam Hussain and squeaker.
Generally it's just that we start hostile and take it from there. It's not that hard to carry on with the berating when you've started.
>>
>>26878064
>shilling the comment
Come on now seriously, are you a Dota player or what
>>
>>26878064
>/pol/ claimed the year of our Lord meme
No fuck off. That's like 2010(11?) and was everywhere.
>>
File: 1372031703597.jpg (19 KB, 377x421) Image search: [Google]
1372031703597.jpg
19 KB, 377x421
>>26878044
F stands for 2 very similar things.
Fizz and Faggots.
I honestly don't play that game that much, only when my friends beg me to and there's something appealing about a little girl summoning bears and being able to suck dick for 13 minutes against a zed or talon and still being an asset later because that faggot decided to laugh in every lane and leave me alone to farm.
>>
>I play the most mainstream shit imaginable for a couple hours every day, why aren't I the same as people with a passion for the medium as a whole?

Hurr durr.

Nice bait tho.
>>
>>26878115
Comment remains true in the first 2 lines.
but sempai that early Lux or Brand on your Anny Recktion and she's toast
>>
>>26878080

not anymore FAGGOT.

>>26878089

no it started when some brit lied and said john oliver said "IT'S 2015 COME ON" but he never actually said those exact words. go back to /pol/ you stormniggers both of you
>>
File: 1456910713952.jpg (33 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1456910713952.jpg
33 KB, 404x416
>>26878206
I play them too but I don't see lux or brand getting a stand at level 6
>>
>>26878300
You just harrass from a distance and drop a few basic attacks with your team tanking it up... Annie isn't a big deal
>>
>>26878311
>Annie isn't a big deal
You're right about that, it's just fun having 2 units.
My all around favorite champion probably has to be lulu tee bee aitch.
>>
>>26878355
It's hard to control Tibbers with R... I'm just a noobfag pun intended Chris
Going to bed now, have a good one at Rift Anon
>>
literally all meme games
I know I'm not some hardcore gamer but most of my favourite aren't that mainstream
are those the only games you've ever played too?
>>
File: 1456887064550.png (46 KB, 572x685) Image search: [Google]
1456887064550.png
46 KB, 572x685
>>26876892
>League
>GAMMMMM:3RRR GRRRLLLL
Stay in the trash forever, dumb slut
>>
File: 1451802519450.jpg (68 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451802519450.jpg
68 KB, 480x360
>>26878074
Swedes are the most fun to bully online.
I like you tho
>>
>>26876892
>Femanon here
Kill yourself you fat roastie whore
>>
File: 1452780568768.png (359 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452780568768.png
359 KB, 500x500
>>26879233
>being a video game hipster

a degenerate in a degenerate culture amazing.
>>
>>26876892
girls see games as a means of socializing, because girls are generally more socialized.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.