[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs and true wageslaves BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: surgery-4.png (521 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
surgery-4.png
521 KB, 799x599
Hello there NEETs and overwworked wageslaves. I would like you all to examine m situation.

Currently, I am a 4th year neurosurgery resident (doctor that opens up brains for you dumbass neets). I live in Canada, so I do not have an crushing amount of debt. In fact, my parents paid for my 10 000$ a year tutition for 4 years, and they bought me a condo right next to the teaching hospital of my city.

Yes, I do work nights and occasionally have the 8 hour surgery where I'm not allowed to scrub off. And of course there are bad patients, bad attendings, bad nurses and bad families. But I don't care, since I am living my dream. Ever since I was a child, I wanted to be a doctor. I did not know what kind, but I wanted to be a doctor. Thats what made me work hard and land a spot in medical school. When I was a M3, I went on a neurosurg rotation, and from the moment I opened up the dura mater, I knew it was my calling. Almost every day since then, I would read something about the brain. Even on my days off, I spend at least an hour or two reading about neurosurgery.

You might say "hurhur have fun having no life". You may be right, my job is not perfect. But to be honest, I don't think I would prefer it anything else over it. It would kill me to live my days as a NEET, not interacting with my patients, not doing the spinal fusions and not seeing the satisfaction of my patient and their family when I have relieved them from their suffering. In fact, if I could, I would work more in the OR and on the floor, but the law prevents me.

Finally, it doesn't hurt that neurosurgery is one of the top paying specialties and that I get infinite respect from almost everyone around me. And inb4 no time for family/gf, I value my career way over that. I will not be comfortable with myself working less. And no, in Canada, healthcare is public, no Mr. Shekelstein.
>>
Dude yeah congratulations, youve successfully put down the easiest target available, which begs the question as to why? I would prefer to imagine my neurosurgeons to be above this but apparently not, so why? Why did you feel a need to make this post?
>>
>>26875640
To be honest I have been browsing this board since I was a teenager, mostly because I like gore threads back then. I just so happened to click on r9k and what I saw was pure disgust. Tonight I'm on call, so no point sleeping, just here to kill time.
>>
>>26875566
>And no, in Canada, healthcare is public, no Mr. Shekelstein.

All hospitals are privately owned in Canada.
>>
>>26875666
/shrug I guess

Try not to be a dick sometime
>>
>>26875715
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_hospital#Canada

In Canada all hospitals are funded through Medicare, Canada's publicly funded universal health insurance system.[1] Hospitals in Canada treat all Canadian citizens and permanent residents regardless of their age, income, or social status.

Even if I did work for some greedy boss, I wouldn't care. As long as I can scrub, do research and help my patients, I am 100% satisfied. Knowing that I am not working privately is just a small factor in my overall quality of life.
>>
>>26875566
tbqh m8 no one gives a shit.
>>
>>26875566
and you post on 4chan?loser
>>
>>26875566
>>26875566

Hey man, im in pre-med atm, could you tell me what you had under your belt when you applied to get into medical school? what kind of volunteer work are they looking for?
>>
>>26875752
They're government funded but privately owned.
>>
Wait wait wait

All that effort and time and still no gf?

Fuck me, what's the point of even trying?
>>
File: 1406926381221.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1406926381221.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>26875566
consider your situation examined my man
>>
I am a doctor too
Tough but happy right?
>>
>>26875792
This is obviously what I meant, not sure why he didn't get that. So much for high education OP
>>
>>26875799
To me, life is not about having a gf, but it is about helping people through neurosurgery. I have not and will not actively pursue this endeavor.

Yours may be different, so my situation does not apply to you. In other words, keep on trying for a gf.
>>
Good for you

I have no ambitions or goals in life besides scraping by with the bare minimum effort required. I've had jobs before and I have a degree, so I'm not some lifelong NEET who hasn't left the house in years. I just don't have the drive or interest to excel at anything. Probably doesn't help that I'm not skilled at anything profitable.
>>
>>26875825
As always. Its harsh, but at the end of the day, I am satisfied with what I'm doing and wouldn't trade it for anything else.
>>
>>26875846
If you are happy with your situation, then good for you. If you are not, then you will have to work hard.
>>
>>26875867

I'm not happy with my situation, just saying not everyone feels like they have a calling or the skills to do what they want to do since this is a thinly-veiled brag thread
>>
I'm working my ass off to develop an indie game myself, I don't give a fuck if I see another person for as long as I live so long as I get this damn thing done, I love this shit, it makes me feel alive to see my work brought to life. Kind of like what you mentioned about your patients.
>>
>>26875889
I see. Well then, I acknowledge that it is unfortunate to be in your situation.
>>
>>26875566
so which part of my brain can i experiment on to open the gates of my mind
you know get in to a altered and higher state of counsiousness
and get like super powers and shit like seeing ghost and alter reality
>>
>>26875954
Well if you want visual hallucinations, the occidental lobe is a good place to start.
A lesion in the frontal lobe will pretty much make you crazy, in lay terms.
A lesion in the parietal lobe will affect your tactile perception (touch) and spatial awareness. But most likely you will feel neuropathic pain through that lesion, and I don;t think you will like that.

In fact, you cannot "alter a part of your brain". Only LSD and some other ihallucinogens can override the various receptors in your brain and give you that sense of "altered consciousness". But please, don't do drugs. I have had far too many strokes because of cocaine use and cerebral edemas from trauma due to drug use.
>>
>>26875666
lmao
i feel secure in the knowledge that i'm not a sociopathic power-tripping faggot who "likes gore threads" so much that he became a surgeon
fuck off you despicable soulless satanic cunt
>666
>>
>>26876067
I remember I was this edgy once. Thank you for reminding why I hate this place.
>>
>>26875566

Can you see herniated discs on an x-ray? I've never seen one and I've been told you can only see them on CAT or MRI's.
>>
File: 14569019517231967670655.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
14569019517231967670655.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>26875825
>>26875566

Same here fellow robots. I hate my fucking life but when shit goes OK at the E.R. I can forget about everything else and focus on helping people.
>>
>>26876183
Do you operate on NEETs?
>>
>>26876237

I'm a shitty general M.D., I don't operate.
>>
>>26875566
Reading this didn't really make me feel anyway. I just pictured a small Asian man typing out a giant essay on the computer. Good job having a job you like
>>
>>26875566
How many Crani's do you do a week?
Can you name drop a consultant you've worked with?
Before your neuro rotation what was your favorite?
>>
>The NEETbux threads have BTFO wageslaves so much we have LITERAL Neuro-surgeons coming onto the board and trying to defend their actions.
>>
>>26875566
If this is real. like if you really are a surgeon.

I did shit in high school and go to a community college now. Im about to transfer to an actual university. and want to be just an ER physician. Got any tips on what i should do as pre med? like volunteering, etc.
>>
>>26876183
i wish i had the work ethic to become a doctor:/

good on you
>>
>>26876819
this baka desu fampaitachi
>>
>>26876840
>just an ER
>>
>>26876183
How much $ do Er physicians make? residency and attending
>>
>>26876882
im kinda drunk rn so just deal wit my autism typing
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.