[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your goals or plans in life? >age >gender >country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: 1452133878307.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1452133878307.gif
11 KB, 408x408
What are your goals or plans in life?
>age
>gender
>country
>plan
Most people here seem young, early twenties to late teens.
What are you building towards in life?
If the answer is nothing, finding something might help.
>>
>>26873036
I'll start/bump:
>19
>m
USA
I'm working on some light prepping. Worst case
I now have lots of toys to have fun innawoods,
best case I become god emperor of my own nation
after things hit the fan. 2016 seems like it might be
the year, with everything that's going on.
>>
>>26873036
>21
>m
>Iceland
>Gonna be a commercial pilot soon. Will decide what next once there.
>>
>>26873036
>23
>male
>usa
I'm getting really close to getting my teaching certificate. Gonna be teaching a bunch of heathens about Beowulf and Shakespeare and Godot and shit...or might end up teaching at a government training facility since daddy-o has connections I could use
>>
>>26873137
Serious question, how much of a factor is eyesight? I've been told that since I have glasses I can't/probably won't become a pilot.
>>
>22
>male
>US
Hopefully graduate in the winter, get a job in Chicago designing databases or web sites or something, have fun for a few years, then help my friend start a printing business and buy a tiny cabin in the woods where I'll make stained glass artwork until I die
>>
>>26873036
>having goals
Lol enjoy not fulfilling them and living forever with a broken ego. (Inb4 "I'll show you!!!")
>>
>>26873238
Glasses alone shouldnt be a factor. You have to have like crooked eyes or something. But color blindedness is a no-go.
>>
>>26873384
You gotta aim before you shoot. You might not land on target, but you got somewhere, right? If you hate where you are now, which I'm sure most of this board does, then part of getting out of somewhere is going somewhere else.
>>
>>26873401
Why color blindness, if you know the answer? I bet the answer's really obvious but I can't really think of it right now
>>
F
US
Continue losing weight, get a better job, finish making this video game, make enough money for surgery, find a man I enjoy spending time with, dote on him, save money again and purchase a house with a big enough backyard to grow a garden.
It would be nice if this game becomes something and I end up in a company with the people I'm working with.
>>
File: 1456339775677.jpg (24 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1456339775677.jpg
24 KB, 480x516
>19
>Male
>USA USA USA
Plan: I've been going to college for 2 years,
about to graduate with associate's degree.
I've been making deans list but college is not
challenging. Going to join the army under 11x
(infantry) and travel the world and live on my
own. Get out with retirement pay and free college. Not to mention experiences that less
that <1% of the world will experience
>>
>19
>m
>'Murica
I'm currently looking to enroll in my school's computer engineering program next year (first year is general science/math, second year you declare a specific major). If that somehow works out, then I'll graduate and get a decent paying job so i can live out my days as a kissless virgin faggot who at least has money for a computer, yummy food, and plenty of medication.
>>
>>26873449
You're just wasting your energy and justifying it with, "B-but I'm better off now than I was!" Shut the fuck up. No you're not.
>>
File: deal.gif (2 MB, 384x282) Image search: [Google]
deal.gif
2 MB, 384x282
>>26873506
But I am? You sound Like a big raging homosexual quitter to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 600x620
>>26873036
>24
>Male
>USA
>Seperate from Navy asap because I'm miserable and own a small, but comfortable flat in less then 10 years. Plans are to build it from the ground up one day.
>>
>age
>gender
boy
>country
U.S
>plan
I got into the jewelry business last year, learned all about production and met all the right people. Started my own company two months ago, bout to launch in a few weeks. Also another person I became close with wants to partner with me on his Amazon jewelry account venture he's about to start.

If this doesn't work out, I go back to nursing which I graduated college for and never pursued after graduation.
>>
>18
>M
>US
>Be a traveling bartender.
>>
> 20
> m
> usa
Have a software engineering internship right now and I guess that's my career track. My grades have always been good, but I've always felt lonely. I'll probably go west coast once I graduate and maybe find a nice girl. If not, I'll probably just get an apartment in the city and burn through the rest of my days.
>>
>>26873525
I'm waiting to see what all your wonderful goals have brought you. :^)
>>
>>26873543
Serious question, since we all know women outnumber men in nursing in college, how was that dynamic? Did you ever get a nurse girf?
>>
>>26873464
Just very important to be able to distinguish between different things in the sky. You would understand better having had to scan the skies for other planes for example. Color blindedness makes some things fade into each other.
>>
>>26873494
>joining the military with the current presidential candidates

Enjoy getting your ass fucked out in the sand, I'm taking my out before I get lambasted.
>>
>>26873485
Please marry me, please. Please.

pleaseblox
>>
>>26873591
Knew it was gonna be an obvious reason, thanks for explaining it to a dumbass civilian anon
>>
>>26873036
>18
>Male
>Mexico
>Just finish school and get a good job so I can spend the rest of my life playing videogames an d MtG
>>
>>26873584
So my class started with 90 students, and four us were male.

By the end we finished with 26 students.

I didn't really talk to anyone aside for studying purposes cause the shit was really intense and full time.

A lot of black girls flirted with me tho, I just smiled and was friendly.

I fucked one girl about 3/4th of the way through the classes that was really flirting with me heavy, and she ended up being a lunatic and dropped out of the school shortly after.

From my experience nurses are fucking psycho. They have this complex that they think they're like gods gift to this earth, but the reality is anyone who works decently hard and isn't completely retarded can become a nurse assuming they can get in and study.

All the nurses I met in the hospitals I rotated at were crazy and obsessive (some of em were really hot though), and the other ones were cool older black ladies, and lots of philipinos, they're bros too if you get cool with them
>>
>>26873714
>From my experience nurses are fucking psycho
I'm glad that other people have noticed this.
>>
>>26873644
You don't want to marry me unless you know I can afford surgery. Trust me, anon.
>>
>>26874089
Out of curiosity what do you need surgery for
>>
>>26874089
What kind of surgery? Are you a tranny?
>>
>20
>Male
>USA
>Plan
I don't know, I'm just not good at anything and I always get frustrated and I give up when I encounter something difficult and or tiring.
>>
>>26874114
>>26874171
Nope, I've lost well over 100 lbs and I still need to lose around 50 or something.
>>
>>26873036
>19 in a minute
>Male
>USA
Going to move to Florida to start a surveying buisiness with my birth dad.
>>
>>26874484
I don't get where the surgery comes in though, are you obsessed with physical appearance so much that you want loose skin surgery and all that? Not marriage material then, sorry. I understand losing weight to a certain point if you have serious medical issues, but for vanity purposes, no thanks.
>>
File: 1453737011984.gif (309 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1453737011984.gif
309 KB, 480x270
>22
>M
>USA
>graduate with my useless bachelors
>somehow nab a job that pays at least $25,000/yr
>drugs
>vidya
>anime
>books
>movies and TV

Until I die.
>>
>18
>Female (So fake)
>USA Florida
Graduate HS. Head to community college. Head to Honors college. Receive my associates. Receive some computer certs. Find job. Continue education at said community college. Get bachelor's. Move to Colorado (probably). Find a mate. Become a housewife. Maybe adopt or pop out children. Die. Win.
>>
Everyone either tells me my goals aren't going to happen, or they give me a humoring smile and say nothing about it. I'm gonna prove everyone one of those fuckers wrong
>21
>M
>USA
>want to retire at 40 or earlier. I'm really minimalist so if I get a shitty apartment and never buy luxuries I really think I can do it. I plan to make 60k starting in a few months.
>also want to become near concert level good at piano, practicing 2 hours daily so far
>>
>age
>gender
Male
>country
Aus
>plan
Probably get an apprenticeship, save as much as I can over the 4 years it'd take to finish, maybe work another year or so, move to America or buy a shitty house here, die alone.
>>
>>26873036
>20
>male
>Canada
> learn to code, find a job, hopefully eventually work for an interesting startup
>>
>24
>m
>us
run fast, work too much, love a woman and our children
>>
finish my indie game
>>
>>26873036
>>age
>>gender
m
>>country
burger
>>plan
touring musician and/or studio guitarist
been playing for 18 years. been gigging for the past 7. I'm in a cover band at the moment but I've been sick of playing covers for a while. there isn't much local talent available here, most are already doing their own thing regardless. the places around here don't even really book original bands because they rarely draw a crowd.
>>
File: 1425950639407.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1425950639407.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
>19
>Male
>USA

I'd a second year Bio Major Chem Minor. My specialization is Education so I'm going to be a teacher. I'd like to apply to Optometry or Med School but I feel like the world is against me. My family is a bunch of Polish immigrants and I'm first generation. My siblings went to an expensive college and ended up as teachers as well. I decided to go to Community College and transfer to a third-rate University and even though my GPA is nearly perfect I feel like I'll get rejected.

On top of that I don't even want to think about how I'd pay for it.
>>
>>26874547
The amount of loose skin I'll be left with actually causes issues. Infections, sometimes necrosis can actually happen and it makes it difficult to keep yourself properly clean and smelling decent. Then there's the embarassing fapping noises from loose skin when you move...That makes me laugh when I'm alone though desu.
>>
>19
>m
>canadia

majoring in math because numbers are all i can understand. in high school i wanted to write but i got so upset with my inability to put my thoughts on paper that i just started reading math textbooks. no idea what i want to do as a job, i kinda just want to die.
>>
>>26874704
You could just stop losing weight while you're still chubby? And you're inventing most of those issues or at least severely overestimating the chance of them happening.
>>
>>26874755
I already have these issues except for the infections and I'm still 220 lbs.
I'm going to see what happens at 170 lbs, but what's the point of losing weight only enough to be slighly less fat and still be in a very unhealthy range?
But honestly, there is no way I wouldn't at least need surgey on my stomach. My fat distribution is such that my belly button is completely covered and it isn't going to get air with the loose skin. It's where most people get infections and my stomach is worse than most heavily overweight people.
>>
>>26874931
Why do all women who want to lose weight have these elaborate fictional reasons instead of just saying "I wanna fuck Chad"?

I've been with plenty of women way above 220lbs and not a single one had any of those issues.
>>
>>26873036
>23
>Male
>USA
My plan is to get into IT and....kinda just that. That by itself seems like an impossible goal since my entire family is poor and only now have I ever been financially stable due to constant bullshit. I'm almost done getting a tech support certificate then onto getting A+ certified. I'm hoping those will let me transfer to a better department.

My longterm plan is to have a comfy job that pays enough for me to live comfortably, and then just live life. Maybe get waifu, but otherwise have safe, stable living situation that allows me to buy what I want, if and when I want it.

You work to live, don't live to work.
>>
>>26874963
Anon...You are talking about fat women, not fat women who have lost tons of weight. I don't think you seem to fully understand what happens when you are massive and lose enough weight to make another person.
Of course those women would not have these issues because their body is filled with fat and their skin is not loose. When you are short and lose this much weight, your skin is not taut anymore and without the fat, every bit of damage done is visible and it does cause issues.
>>
>>26875130
Can't you be honest with yourself for once in your already too long self-loathing life? Buying yourself a shiny new body won't fix all those psychological issues, and it will never lead to the kind of true intimacy you so deeply desire without even being able to define it.
>>
>>26873036
>nineteendo entertainment system
>r9k M
>m8 shrimp on the barbie
>be a great soldier, drummer, martial artist and author. No wife/kids, thank. Just land Croatia and giant dogs.

I'm not there yet nor do I expect to be overnight but I'm working on those four things almost everyday.
>>
File: 176.png (20 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
176.png
20 KB, 275x200
>>26875204
I can never completely tell if someone is messing with me or just weird, but I'm pretty sure you're messing around. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish though. If you're somehow not jesting, of course this isn't going to be a shiny, new body. I'd still have foot long scars and be covered in stretch marks. I don't expect to be beautiful or for it to fix all psychological issues I might have.
>>
>>26875557
Then what's the point of doing it in the first place. It's just money down the well.
>>
>24
>male
>US
>become a police officer

Competition is still and they can sniff out robots pretty easily. I don't care about sports, hunting/fishing, drinking alcohol, or chasing women so I have a difficult time blending in.

I want a midsized department. Seems like too small and too big both fester a lot of corruption
>>
>>26873957
Hospital security. Can confirm this.
>>
>21
>F
>Canada
Product design at a company whose values and goals I can reasonably believe in. Make enough money so that I can sit in my house and make cool stuff and minimize my interactions with people. Also, to survive, and to try not to be shitty to others!
>>
>>26876310
How stupid do you have to be to anthropomorphize companies like that?
>>
>>26876310
try dollarshaveclub
>>
>24
>Male
>USA
Long term plan is to find an actual plan or purpose. For now my plan is to move the fuck out and find some joy in my life.
>>
>>26873036
>>age
>>gender
M
>>country
Switzerland
>>plan
I want to be an astronaut when I grow up.
>>
>>26873036
>19
>M
>US
Electrical engineering, software developer, or probably suicide soon.
>>
>>26873036
>26
>m
>Canada
>Going to impale a main artery with a knife

I'm working towards shutting off pain in my body through creating tactile hallucinations. I have had some success but It requires focus and no movement. I'm not sure if anyone else could master it I'm schizophrenic and therefore prone to hallucination.
>>
>18
>m
>U.S.
when i move out i'm going to get a dog and when my dog dies i might get another one or kill myself
>>
>>26874362
u r me
>>
>>26876343
Haha, I'm being generous by saying that - there's a large pool of companies I'm fine with working for. I'm lucky because I get to be somewhat picky, since product design is really popular at the moment, and I've landed good jobs in the past summers. If I'm able to work at a place with cool people, with an overarching goal to work toward, that's all the better.
>>
>>26876583
>If I'm able to work at a place with cool people, with an overarching goal to work toward, that's all the better.
Do they actually teach you to be this soulless in school nowadays, or do you pick it up from other drones at work?
>>
>>26873036
>21 M, USA
Current plan is law school, but I didn't do well enough for a TI-14 and am only getting 2/3 of my tuition in scholarships at the tier-2 LA schools I got accepted in, so unless I manage to study my ass off and make law review I'll just be wasting 3 years to go $60k-ish in debt. Don't really have any other options though since I accomplished fuck-all in undergrad and will be for a political science degree.
At least this way I either make it or financially fuck myself over hard enough that I'm forced to an hero!
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.