[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Used to be an avid PC gamer >Usually had a console too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Hzms34f.png (102 KB, 746x717) Image search: [Google]
Hzms34f.png
102 KB, 746x717
>Used to be an avid PC gamer
>Usually had a console too
>Used both, no worries
>Recently ditched PC because constant upgrades were expensive and time consuming
>Still have no problem with PC
>Come to 4chan
>"PC masterrace" autists everywhere
>Can't seem to accept that not everyone wants to spend time and money building perfect rigs
>Cheering Microsoft's decision to make the Xbox one upgradeable like a PC
>Forcing people who buy consoles specifically because they don't have to upgrade to upgrade is somehow a good idea just because they like to upgrade
>>
>>26869336
>lego is too complicated for me
>why do you autists make fun of me? fuck off
>>
I haven't upgraded my pc in five years and it's doing ok. It's no work.
>>
>>26869404
This, shit hasn't gotten much better in like 6 years.
>>
File: 1456733905442.jpg (21 KB, 565x318) Image search: [Google]
1456733905442.jpg
21 KB, 565x318
>Recently ditched PC because constant upgrades were expensive and time consuming
>constant upgrades
what
>>26869404
exactly
>>
>>26869336
>constant upgrades
>time consuming
you're an idiot
>>
>>26869404
>>26869427
>>26869434
You clearly started with a high spec PC. When I got my PC in 2013 it cost about 600 GBP. It's a pile of crap now. Even this reinforces my point, even this mid range PC build was twice the price of a console.
>>26869384
If you ever get a job and a family you will understand.
>>
>>26869404
Same here m8, sounds like op is just butthurt because he wants his pc to magically play games with newer engines and better graphix without paying the $$$.
>>
>>26869446
This is what im talking about, autism. You are incapable of understanding that no matter how simple you view it some people just can't be bothered. I notice that in the quadcopter field even though it's also split into pre-built and customized camps you don't get this autism. Building a quad is even easier than building a PC yet nobody spergs when people buy DJI. They understand that some people just want to shoot a fucking movie and nothing else.
>>
>>26869577
Sounds like Bloodborne got boring for you.
Well whatever. You shouldn't have bought a NOGAMES console.
Go back to /v/ and stay there.
>>
>>26869508
>got my

Build it next time, retard. You can build a high end pc with cheap parts on new egg.
>>
My desktop hasn't been upgraded since 2013 and still runs all the games I play at 60+ fps. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>26869621
Every single reply in this thread reads exactly like /v/ I was hoping that there was at least one non-PC obsessed autist on here. I don't get the hate, I have no problem with the PC system I just personally don't want to do it. How hard or expensive it is is irrelevant, I just don't want to do it. I am okay with taking lower graphics for this. I don't see why nobody on 4chan understands this.
>>
>>26869687
Because no one finds the 20 minute snap together set up very hard here. Basically because we aren't retarded.
>>
>>26869687
>I was hoping that there was at least one non-PC obsessed autist on here
>person who prefers PC = PC obsessed autist
you're an idiot
you came here and said stupid shit so people called you out on it
>REEEEEEEE DUMB AUTISTIC PC BABIES GET OUT
>>
>>26869744
>"How hard or expensive it is is irrelevant, I just don't want to do it"
Okay well this thread was entirely pointless 4chan has an impenetrable hivemind on this issue. enjoy your PC and goodbye.
>>
>constant upgrades were expensive and time consuming

Freedom is bad
>>
>>26869792
Don't come back, retard.
>>
>>26869508
Lmao, a few years back I built a 3570 K/HD7870/8gb for under 1k AUD, and I have been adding small upgrades since and it still runs like a dream. Got an SSD in it now and a new soundcard, granted I'll have to upgrade the GPU soon, but its no biggie, I could probably still scam 100 bucks out the old one.

And ok Mr Family man, if life is so hectic, why do you have time to shitpost on 4chan?
>>
>>26869822
wow Ive never seen /r9k/ so united, even race threads cause a split. does this ENTIRE board seriously hate consoles? Are PCs really this sacred to neckbeards?
>>
File: 9879465.jpg (43 KB, 337x404) Image search: [Google]
9879465.jpg
43 KB, 337x404
>>26869846
>a new soundcard
you fucked up anon
unless your old one was broken or something.
>>
>electronics expensive as shit in my country
>consoles cost 1/3 of a gaming PC
>not autistic enough to care about 60fps
>had same console for 5 years without a problem

nothing wrong with console gaming
>>
>>26869894
Well, your main reason as to why you don't want a PC is because you don't want to have to upgrade which honestly you wouldn't be doing very often at all if you get it right the first time. I would have 100% no problem with you being purely console but just admit it: consoles are more casual and the reason you prefer console to PC is because you're a casual.

There's nothing wrong with pcs and being their customizability, cheaper games, more games and being able to run games more nicely. Your only beef is that you don't want to put a little effort in every five years or so to upgrade (not much shorter than a console gen anyway). You are the definition of a casual and that's fine, but don't act like PC and consoles are on the same league.
>>
>used to game lots
>like 6-7 hours every day
>actually enjoyed it
>havent played a game all 2016
>not looking forward to anything
>but i dont have any other interests
>fuck
>>
File: Stephen-Baldwin-2.jpg (93 KB, 319x434) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Baldwin-2.jpg
93 KB, 319x434
>>26870016
>third world country
>relevant

Fucking Brazilians used to ruin Dota 2 with their sub 100 iqs. One made me so mad that I bought Fallout New Vegas for him for 3 dollars knowing full well his shitbox couldn't run it. I checked back a month later; 2 minutes played. He installed it and couldn't get past the menu, fucking lol.

It was my first world privilege to spend 3 dollars and give him his only not free to play game.
>>
>>26870016
>electronics expensive as shit in my country
>consoles 1/3 price of anything above mid tier pc
>still buy a pc anyway because xbox and ps4 games are all $80+
>steam library of 400 games
>all costing under $20 on sales
>pirate any games that are too expensive

I can't even list that many games on the current gen consoles. I do not have any problem with consoles and I think they're worth it if you're going to get like 4 multiplayer games for that generation and player them over and over again, but if you want anything more than that or a remotely decent single player experience PC is just simply the better option. It's not PC masterrace, it's the fact that they both serve their own purpose and consoles are just for a more casual experience.
>>
>>26870136
screencapped and lol'd
>>
Can someone name a PC exclusive game that isn't autistic as fuck
>>
File: 1446990774089.png (32 KB, 240x249) Image search: [Google]
1446990774089.png
32 KB, 240x249
>>26870136
/fulldevilish/
>>
>>26869336
Senpai, if you had an i5 2500k, 8gb ddr3+, and an 7870 you'd be fine on most games at 1080, in which ultra = blurry placebo post processing 90% of the time.
Consoles run most games on mid-low settings, if you use the same mindset with pc you could be fine with 4-5 yeard old hardware.
>>
>>26869336
I personally don't mind either, some games are better on pc, some on console. I play CS Source and Black Ops II most of the day, switching from my console and pc a lot
>>
>>26870465
Mount & Blade Warband
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.