[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: jim-morrison-02.jpg (332 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jim-morrison-02.jpg
332 KB, 1920x1080
So... Was he a Chad or a robot?
>>
>>26864702
An indie/deviant Chad
>>
Chad obviously
>>
morrison is beyond labels, but if i had to, i'd say he is an Ultra Chad
>>
Chad with the intelligence of a robot
>>
>>26864765
no man l actually think that he was very intelligent
>>
a failed robot, is how i would describe him
>>
>>26864765
>>26864805

His poetry was mediocre. He might have been intelligent, but he did not produce anything meaningful in either the sciences or the arts with his allegedly high IQ.

But he was extremely handsome, there is no doubt about that (and this is the main reason behind his fame and personal cult)
>>
>>26864847
he was handsome at the beginning of his career before he got fat and didnt shave anymore
>>
>>26864847
yea, he did produce something meaningful, he was in one of the most successful bands of his era and pretty much every rock front man has stolen some aspect of his stage presence

outside of the music his poetry is shit. his lyrics are fine though
>>
File: INFP feels.png (333 KB, 1172x666) Image search: [Google]
INFP feels.png
333 KB, 1172x666
INFP Chad

Truly a transcendent form. The closest Chad can come to possessing a soul and the closest a robot can come to ALPHAFUX
>>
>>26864702
>rock and roll front-man who slayed pussy ever single night

ur a doofus
>>
He was a chadbot.
>>
>>26865030
>INFP
>Chad
>implying they weren't only famous because women and plebs projected their insecurities onto the introverted white man saviour daddyuncle
>>
>>26864847
>didnt produce any meaningful art
laffing my fucking ass off at this critic. Go back to /mu/ ya tit.
>>
>>26864847
>extremely handsome

Really? Because I was told by a couple of different people that I look like him.
>>
>>26865482

If you do, then congrats for the good luck.
>>
>>26865744
It's what I've been told. I've never put much thought into it because I've never thought of Morrison as particularly handsome (I'm practically face-blind when it comes to guys)
>>
>>26864753
He is a transcendent chad. A chad so chadly that he has overcome chadditude and ascended to a new plane of existence.
>>
File: Ian_Curtis.jpg (103 KB, 500x658) Image search: [Google]
Ian_Curtis.jpg
103 KB, 500x658
what about Ian?
>girlfriend
>lead singer in a band
>good looks
>>
>>26866261
Ian looked good? well maybe i have a chance then if i try
>>
>>26866261
>good looks
he was average/ slightly below average
>>
Robot in youth.
Neither chad nor robot in adulthood. He's a genuine human bean.
pro tip: not many people are real human beans anymore.
>>
>>26867314
please tell us more, what makes one a human bean?
>>
File: are you hung up.png (73 KB, 261x243) Image search: [Google]
are you hung up.png
73 KB, 261x243
Was Zappa a robot?
>>
>>26867453
Not being fake.
Basically everyone's just a bullshit artist. Music's trying to tell you something, just start following the breadcrumb trail.
Have you noticed how they all use the same pick? wink wink, nudge nudge
Break on through to the other side, friendo.
>>
>>26867832

you sound like a paranoid schizophrenic senpai a little bit not gonna lie senpai
>>
>>26867872
Yeah, I know. But I also know I'm right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
They all just keep you in the dark about it.
>>
>>26867872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0BE-gl_UI
Tear down the wall. I'll meet you on the outside.
Seriously, the fuck else do you think all this shit means?
>>
>>26866261
he cried a lot
>>
>>26867872
Once you do you'll...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK16w_Esrno
Get down with it, brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw
>>
>>26867832
so you are telling me: "be yourself!"
i fucking hate this advice, because i am myself, but people don't like other people who are honest
>>
>>26868099
Yes. But you most likely aren't who you think you are. I wasn't. Then I got down with the sickness.
feels fantastic dude, you get
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM
then you're
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA
>>
>>26868099
>but people don't like other people who are honest
That's because they're idiot pretenders who can't face reality. Fuck em.
By telling them the truth you're being kind, you're just not their kind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6gKjtpkFM
>>
>>26868099
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__Zs3e6BdA
It doesn't get any more clear cut than this one.
Also strawberry fields forever? I mean er yes, but it's all wrong, that is I think I disagree.
You know, sometimes think it's me, but you know I know when it's a dream.
>>
>>26868099
I'm giving you the red pill from The Matrix. I'm giving you the sunglasses from They Live.
Do with them what you will. You wanna take the pill, you wanna put the glasses on? That's all on you, I can only supply the prints of blue.
>>
>>26868099
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRcPA7Fzebw
Keep in mind not to talk about it to many people, they'll think you're crazy.
"don't tell daddy or he'll get us locked up in fright"
>>
first at all, sorry for my english, it's not my first language
>>26868147
could be true that i'm not am who i think i are, but the nicest thing i ever heard from a person (besides my family (and not even from them i heard something like that), and my best friend which i know for my whole life) is, and i qoute: "you're an asshole, but a charming one"

i feel like i am myself because i don't change for other person who am i, but what do i know?
>>
>>26868428
To know anything with certainty we must first doubt everything we know.
Who knows, you could be yourself. but have you doubted the ever loving shit out of what you think you know? Are you living through your heart or your brain?
>>
File: SB01L.jpg (344 KB, 840x1252) Image search: [Google]
SB01L.jpg
344 KB, 840x1252
>>26868475
right now i probably think through my brain because for years i'm not sure who am i, what am i and what purpose my life should have.

i think i should search a shrink, scholar/savant, guru or what ever the fuck helps to clear the question who am i.

or do you have an advice how to start these things

some guy on he street gave me a copy of this book and said that he thought i could need it, just from looking at me

do you have any thoughts on this stuff at all?
>>
>>26868671
Personally I always knew I wasn't myself deep down and I didn;t know what the fuck was wrong with me. Then one day I saw a video on how to start living subconsciously. Basically just train yourself to live subconsciously instead of consciously. Because that's where the real you lies.
Start thinking what do I really want to do right now? No hangups or preconceived notions of who you are or any of that, just go with your gut feelings.
>>
>>26865030
I always get INFJ on these tests.
I looked up the "famous people" labeled as that, and it was Hitler and Ghandi.
I don't get it.
>>
>>26868671
Aleister Crowley's teachings are quite good.
Find out your true will, or your true passion. Then you will have a fantastic life, I can guarantee you that.
>>
>>26867666
Zappa hated the world, and acted against it.
Robots hate the world, and do nothing.
>>
>>26868768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV4oYkIeGJc
There's a storm a brewin', just be on the right side when shit hits the fan. Everyone can make a difference, even robots.
>>
A stupid hack.
>>26864753
How? He's a hack, Anon.
>>26864910
>influential
Rock is terrible though, Anon.
>>
>>26864702
He wrote horrible music.
>>
>>26868745
Us INFJs are extremely complicated, we fall into subcategories. Plus, human beings in general are far more complicated than some letters.
Just because you're infj doesn't mean you can't have traits and whatnot from the other categories.
>>
>>26868727
well, probably i misunderstood everything i read from eckhart tolle, ghandi and people like them. or maybe i'm just to dum and self aware to understand those things or whatever. i just can't clear my mind and get a straight thought, and this is the case since i can remember
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9kHJduya7Y

Nick Drake was the only true robot musician from Morrison's era.
>>
>>26868952
It's going to be extremely tough, but this is how I did it. I basically accepted the fact my whole life was a lie then I started from scratch. Since I was a blank slate at that point my true personality pulled through.
Keep searching within yourself and outside of yourself, it may take some time and it may be hard but it's worth it.
>>
>>26868952
Also do you ever explore your own mind? Do you have weird thoughts then delve deeper into them or do you tell your brain to shut up because it's scaring you.
Keep digging. The little bastard's kickin' around somewhere down there. Also don't be afraid of your emotions or your own mind. Ever.
>>
>>26868989
Not the person you're talking to, My "true" personality is impulsive, rash, and prone to violence. There are a lot of people who maintain a facade because their true self has no place in modern civilization.
>>
>>26869083
That's probably because the real you is angry he's been locked up for so long.
realise that you're dust in the wind, that you aren't important. But the funny thing is, that's what makes us powerful. The fact that we're nothing. So why care what others think if you're dust in the wind? Go have some fun you crazy kid.
Learn how to love and forget how to hate.
Your facade is the one that's making you angry, once you totally let go you have nothing to be angry at except for anger hate itself.
>>
>>26868981
yeah, fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l09L45RM2RI
>>
>>26868989
i accepted that life as we get it presented is a lie since i am 21 (i am 27 now). but accepting that all i learned is a lie and won't make me happy hasn't helped me. i just don't know what to do at this point. and again i am sorry for my english, and therefore that i can't express myself the way i want to (i can't even say what i feel in me in my mothers language)
>>
>>26869185
What will make you happy is finding your true calling in this life. The thing you were "destined" to do. Keep searching and try everything.
The answer may be right in front of you. It was for me, I just wasn't paying enough attention.
>>
>>26869185
Also don't worry about your English man, I read you loud and clear. You aren't as bad at it as you think you are.
>>
>>26869031
that is probably one reason for my misery, that i mistake my ego for the true "me" "myself.

>>26869217
can i ask you what your true calling in this life is (also, do you belive i any religion?) and how you found out what your "destiny" is?
>>
>>26865030
>tfw INFP
>I will never be great like them
>I will never spread my values
>>
>>26864702
Why is this even a thread?
>>
>>26869352
>that i mistake my ego for the true "me" "myself.
Damn near fucking everyone on the planet does this. You're extremely smart and self aware for catching on.
>can i ask you what your true calling in this life is (also, do you belive i any religion?) and how you found out what your "destiny" is?
Playing guitar. I've been playing guitar hero on and off since age 7, and I got crazy fucking good at it. Favourite game to this day. I also have always loved listening to music, basically everywhere I went I would have headphones on and in my spare time I would love to get stoned, lie in bed and float away for hours listening to music. But I thought "Na, I couldn't be a musician I don't come from a family of musicians, I don't have the music gene, blah blah" I was dead wrong. Playing guitar just feels so fucking right.
I believe in the God of the universe, if I were to identify with a religion it would be Thelema, but that's not even really a religion, more of a teaching.
My calling was right there in front of me but I refused to see it until a few months ago. Yours might be right there in front of you.
>>
>>26869447
Where have you gone with it though?

I'm in a similar situation with music but I suck so badly that I just end up not practicing by the end of the day. There's so much competition and it's hard to believe I'll ever be good enough to satisfy myself.
>>
>>26864702
>army brat, educated
>rich rock star slaying pussy
>fat drunk acid casualty, burgeoning smack addiction

He had a lucid period and then went full circle.
>>
>>26869520
I just started playing a few months ago so I haven't done a whole lot. I'm also not playing because I want to get rich and famous, I just like doing it.
>I'm in a similar situation with music but I suck so badly that I just end up not practicing by the end of the day
If your hearts not in it it's probably not for you.
>I'll ever be good enough to satisfy myself.
You'll never be perfect at anything, just try your best because that's the best you can be. The perfect you is just you, the real you.
>>
>>26869447
holy fuck, it's like i am reading a post from a version of me which is happy and knows what is does. music made me feel better (or in this time, feel a thing at all) on myself or at least helped me with feeling better on my situation at all. like you i don't come frome a family of musicians (the only one who really could play a instument was my uncle (bass/guitarr) and my aunt second grade (mandolin)) but i like to play (okay let`s say i am still learning it and don't play it) the bass. thats the only thing besides playing video games and drugs which made me happy (could be the drugs why i'm not happy and accomplished anything).

you are right.
it's time to change something, it's not the first time i thought about it or had deep conversations about changing myself (with my best friend for example, who is the only person on this world who really (to some point) understood me), i just have to find out what exactly and why.
>>
>>26869808
>music made me feel better
Music is basically medicine for the soul.
>could be the drugs why i'm not happy and accomplished anything
Potentially but imo it depends on what drugs you're taking. Shit like weed, shrooms, lsd and mdma shouldn't have much of a negative effect. Except for if you overdo it of course.
>but i like to play (okay let`s say i am still learning it and don't play it) the bass
Does it feel completely right? Like you can't imagine doing anything else with your life?
>i just have to find out what exactly and why
It'll be worth it when you do, I guarantee you that. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>26869568
>I'll ever be good enough to satisfy myself.
You'll never be perfect at anything, just try your best because that's the best you can be. The perfect you is just you, the real you.

damn, how long are you in this state of consciousness? for me you sound like a really wise man, but i'm just this anon >>26868428
>>
>>26869898
Since Christmas 2015. Once it happens you get hit with a lightning rod of wisdom. I don't know everything of course but it also helps you learn because you accept the fact that you know nothing and you start listening.
>but i'm just this anon
You're a God. You just haven't unlocked your true potential yet.
>>
>>26869889
>Does it feel completely right? Like you can't imagine doing anything else with your life?
i don't know man, could be, but i think there is something else which could make me way happier. i have the same problem like this anon: >I'll ever be good enough to satisfy myself. when i am playing/learning.

nothing i do will satisfy me because i think i could have done it better because there are people who already made it better than me
>>
>>26864702
Jim transcends the alpha/beta dichotomy.
>>
>>26870039
It probably isn't for you then. Keep looking and remember the answer might be right there in front of you.
>there are people who already made it better than me
The thing about music is it doesn't matter what anyone else has done and it's not a competition, it's just a form of expressing your emotions and ideas.
>>
>>26868981
This, he's the only actual robot, all others are just people pushing their taste for musicians that don't understand the lonely/wistful/comfy vibes of being a robot.
>>
>>26870083
>The thing about music is it doesn't matter what anyone else has done and it's not a competition, it's just a form of expressing your emotions and ideas.

i never interlaze this, thank you
>>
>>26866261
He was neither a robot, nor a Chad. But he wasn't anything in between, either. Ian was just too pure for this world, he would have never survived.
>>
>>26870298
No problem.
Next time you're playing I recommend you let your heart and hands do the thinking. Music is all about that spontaneous burst of emotion and creativity. Your brain usually just gets in the way.
Don't overthink and don't judge yourself, oh and have fun of course :)
>>
Is David Bryne a robot? He's a literal aspie too, and all his earlier lyrics reflect it
>say something once, why say it again
>start a conversation, can't even finish
>talking a lot, not saying anything
>I'm not interesting in other people's problems
>I've heard all I want to, I don't want to hear any more
Did he find the cure? Finding a way to express himself limitless without giving a fuck about everyone else
>>
>>26870356
again, thank you man, you were such a enlightenment for my tonight. i copy pasted your posts for me in a .doc so i won't forget (hat you say when i'm sober (I'm sorry that you can't talk with me when i have a clear mind, but i can't take all of this sober)

also >>26866261 thank you for reminding how great this band is
>>
>>26870370
FAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFA

original as f
>>
>>26870355
I think you're giving him too much credit. He made some great music and all, but he was just an average Joe normie who happened to get severe depression at the peak of his young career.
>>
>>26864702
Oh my god; it's almsot like people dont conform to the false dichotomy of 'beta/chad'

fucking autists
>>
File: 1896448664.jpg (72 KB, 572x617) Image search: [Google]
1896448664.jpg
72 KB, 572x617
>>26870370
Are those actual lyrics? I need to hear this
>>
>>26864702
he was a robot until post Strange Days
>>
>>26870631
Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
>>
>>26870534
Don't mention it man, I'm happy to help. Being kind, doing good and helping your fellow man is what life's all about.
>but i can't take all of this sober
All you've gotta do is listen with your heart first and your brain second, being (I imagine you're drunk?) under the influence turns your brain off a little, and honestly that can sometimes be a good thing. Go with your instincts.
Good advice is everywhere, just gotta sift through the shit first. Hell, some of what I said may even be shit. But it's your life and your decision on what you want to believe. You'll usually know deep down in your heart what is right.
>>
>>26870631
I just quoted a couple of song lyrics off the debut

Yeah like >>26870672 said Psycho Killer and then No Compassion

Pretty great band. 77 had the most songs like that
>>
>>26870597
check out this perfomance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSIUf9liuY, i really fucking like this dude.
>>
File: Syd-Barrett.jpg (401 KB, 1477x1551) Image search: [Google]
Syd-Barrett.jpg
401 KB, 1477x1551
Was Syd a robot?
>>
>>26870782
He was just a modern day DUDE LMAO
>>
File: 546456.jpg (341 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
546456.jpg
341 KB, 768x1024
>>26870685
damn you are good, yes i'm drunk right now but normally weed is my choice of drug, but i take too much of it (i can't just take a little bit of anything to just feel good, there is no limit for me). and of course you say shit (everyone does), but for me it was just the right words on the right time to here.
>>
>>26870782
Nah, he wasn't.

He had girlfriends and people who looked up to him. The issue was that he got too wrapped up in psychedelics. His family never admitted it, but he fucked his brains up by tripping too hard for too long. Him having the special snowflake syndrome didn't help him either.

I know someone irl who fucked himself up by doing too much acid, it's not pretty.
>>
>>26870889
>but normally weed is my choice of drug
Me too. I like to think of it as the plant of knowledge. It helps you think outside the box and explore your own mind.
>(i can't just take a little bit of anything to just feel good, there is no limit for me
There ain't no drug quite like human spirit. Once you've got a bit of that going you won't feel the need for much more. Drugs are still fun though, and if you use them smartly, then why not? Some of them are on this earth for a reason. I mean shit, DMT is in every single living thing. How could it not be here for a reason?
> but for me it was just the right words on the right time to here.
I hope you have a fantastic life anon, godspeed.
>>
>>26870895
What's the special snowflake syndrome?
>>
>>26864702
Extremely good looking. Outwordly almost.

Famous.

Geez....that one is difficult
>>
>>26865030
>tfw handsome INFP 4w5
>tfw you know you're gonna make it
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.