[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help, guys. I really need job ideas to escape my worthless NEETdom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1418994266556.jpg (197 KB, 642x482) Image search: [Google]
1418994266556.jpg
197 KB, 642x482
Help, guys. I really need job ideas to escape my worthless NEETdom. I've been unemployed for almost 7 years. The only thing available to me right now is to be a kitchen bitch flipping burgers, or maybe a waiter if I'm lucky. I've been thinking about welding, IT, or nursing, but am a poorfag and am scared of student loans.
>>
>>26862173
If you can live as NEET you can educate yourself to be an IT person. It's a field which does accept being self-taught a lot.
>>
>>26862229
I-I don't even know where to begin, fampai.
>>
>>26862173
Please don't bother conforming to the idea that "you have to get a menial job and make money, because that's the meaning of life" The meaning of life is happiness and finding out who you truly are deep down.
Find your true passions and pursue a career in that. It will feel so much better.
I believe in you.
>>
>>26862256
Well. The very first thing I imagine you should do is learn to understand how to find information you need. I suggest Google.
https://www.quora.com/First-Jobs-2/How-can-a-self-educated-programmer-lacking-professional-experience-market-themselves-as-a-qualified-applicant-seeking-their-first-full-time-job-opportunity
Look at this. Someone explained their experience. Take notes, like the first answer there. I'd take note that he started with Ruby on rails. And make a few notes on what that is. Then look at what date this was and note that. Go through at least 10 of these threads and see what seems like a good investment of your time. If we presume that ruby on rails is the best thing right now (or in the future) we focus on. That. What is ruby on rails? Is it achievable for me? So you search for that. See if it seems like a monstrously complicated task (all I know about RoR is just that it's Web dev, server side scripting I believe) and if it isn't then try it.
The first place I'd go is /g/'s /dpt/, they're very nice people when they don't laugh at you. Most programming languages have support IRC channels which help you out, they tend to know more than /dpt/ but I often find that /g/ elaborates more and are willing to _teach_. The channels tend to primarily be about 'here's your problem'. Which is definitely good sometimes. But not always. You should also apply the same research strategy to learning materials. If the Internet is unified behind something it's probably at least decent.

Don't stress yourself out too much about your rate of learning. Imagine you have 4 months. 4*30 is 120. Every day you learn something it's just 1/120th of what you will know at the end. Just be diligent. Ask frequently and don't care about others. Stackoverflow is a good site for asking for and finding answers.
>>
>>26862462
Cont.
Also remember that your focus is learning. Your results are worth very little at the start. It's like wood working a spoon as a child, nobody would hire it for you but you're learning. Usually self-taught people are going to need a portfolio. So when you're a bit along your way you can decide on a larger project. And if you feel it's slowing down don't hesitate to move away from it for a while if you're not learning well. Just don't let it idle forever.

Your brain needs good food and sleep to learn stuff. That's very important. So you shouldn't lose sleep over learning.

Something I forgot to mention was that you may want to consider what employers want. If you know cobol and are an experienced programmer you can make big bucks (seriously check it out) because banks have used it for decades and they don't want to upgrade anything. But cobol isn't taught anymore because it's dead everywhere else. I'd recommend learning something broader first because it gives you more job opportunities and I don't think you'd get a cobol programmer job as your first job. And in general they seek reliable people, no offense but 7 years NEET doesn't look good.

Godspeed op.
>>
>>26862462
Hey, im not him but do you think I will be able to land a secure position in IT if I were to get Comptia's A+, Network+, and Security+ certificates?

A former coworker of praised those certificates before he quit the job we worked at (Walgreens), but a couple people on /r9k/ siad that I shouldnt even waste my time? What are your thoughts?
>>
File: 1402514352329.jpg (138 KB, 428x280) Image search: [Google]
1402514352329.jpg
138 KB, 428x280
>>26862307

hahahahahahahaha h l maooooo
>>
>>26862173
>become a trap
>sell your boipucci

also send me some pics you faggot
>>
>>26862628
Why would you willingly be a slave to the dollar?
It's just not worth it in the end.
On your deathbed will you be looking back remembering all the good times and how you followed your dreams or how you made a bunch of money?
Think about it dude.
>>
>>26862612
I'd ask on /g/ (/dpt/ and in separate thread because /sqt/ just makes shit up usually).
But from what I've read there, yeah certs are a very good way to get a job. Apply the same research strategy (Google lots and summarize results). But as these are certs the companies are invested in them looking good, so be critically minded. It's partially why I didn't point OP there. As a NEET the exam might be rough because of price and such. Also my preference is programming so I'm more comfy with explaining a learning process.
>>
File: mm.jpg (54 KB, 597x511) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
54 KB, 597x511
>>26862675
>things richfags/richparentsfags who never had to worry about money or NEETbux leeches say
>>
>>26862726
Oh and IRC is probably a good place to ask too. Freenode most likely. They do have older people there that actually know stuff. Just be polite. I was frequenting #networking (##networking?) for a good while because of interest. They know their shit. Bet they could be a really good source.
>>
OP, have you considered military? Even if you only last one year, you'll still have a tech school certificate and that experience under your belt.
>>
>>26862173
If you're literally ALL out of options, the army would take you no matter what the circumstances unless you were convicted.
>>
>>26862740
It's true I've never had to worry about money too much. I do have a job though and I work, although my passions come first.
I'm happy deep in my heart because I follow my dreams. Even if I'm broke as shit one day barely making ends meet I don't care, I'm happy. Plus, I used to be miserable as shit even though I had money. Know why? I wasn't following my dreams.
>things people who don't know the true meaning of life and stick to the bullshit fed to you by society say
Society and money are all merely concepts.
>>
>>26862884
>merely concepts
Poor way of expressing it. Less important than they seem is what you mean.
Hopefully, because the literal interpretation is simply not accurate.
>>
>>26862612
Oh yeah and I should say that those three are certainly substantial enough that I think you could land a job. But I don't have them or have experience with them. It's just clear it's a large amount of required (by the job market) competence in those.
>>
>>26862675
do you neets really think you will look back at your life and think it was that much better? "I'm so glad I followed my dreams of being severely depressed, watching anime and playing computer games for 13 years before I finally got the courage to eat a load of pills which didnt even kill me instantly"
>>
>>26862916
The only power money has is what we give it as a collective.
Call me a crazy dreamer or whatever but I want to live in a world where people stop caring so fucking much about money and power and just live a simple happy life. Money and power only breed misery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmTkKz60W8
It feels so much better once you stop caring about all the shit.
>>26862973
I'm not neet. My dreams aren;t of being severely depressed and watching anime.
The fuck are you talking about?
I'm happy as fuck and living my life.
>>
>>26863011
"why would you willingly be a slave to the dollar" it just sounds like one of those things neets say to justify their lifestyle.
>>
>>26863011
good thing you're spending your happy valuable time on 4shit.org/[reddit9k] with a bunch of underage faggots
>>
>>26863051
Because I used to be a miserable bastard who came here for the feels. Now I just feel really sorry for a lot of the people here because I know what they're going through.
I'm just trying to spread a little happiness in a place full of misery.
>>
>>26862173
sauce on the pic ty
original commmmmmment
>>
File: 1410081941039.jpg (91 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1410081941039.jpg
91 KB, 640x640
Please, guys. Can we stop debating? I fukken need to escape this shitty lifestyle. Can't afford booze/fun. Can't go to the movies or buy a whopper. Can't afford a new video card and have been using shitty onboard graphics. I like fun too, but need a life path....
>>
File: wat.gif (1 MB, 169x119) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
1 MB, 169x119
>>26862173
>>26863134
It has to be a shoop, no way a woman like that is real
>>
>>26863134
it's ephemeral or some shit. I think i used saucenao to get the source when I forgot it. There are some softcore cam vids out there.
>>
>>26863170
What are your problems with what's suggested thus far?
>>
>>26862173
Join the military. It will also teach you discipline and how to be an adult. Also it will set you up for life. Nobody gets killed or hurt in the military these days any more than most jobs so risk is low too.
>>
>>26863199
It may be a shoop although I'm from the south and I can confirm this body type is real although pretty rare I see a good number of girls IRL who have these insane proportions although their hands and fingers are usually bigger.

This is absolutely my fetish and until I get a girl that looks like this I will not settle down and will be in the gym pumping iron and saving up for my penis enlargement surgery.
>>
>>26863204
Yes ephemeral is correct.
>>
>>26862307
Yea, pretty much this. A job can only feel good for a little while and after that, the newness wears off and you'll resent it if your heart isn't in it.

Gotta balance what you NEED to do with what you WANT to do. Secret of life, meng.
>>
>>26863370

I doubt OP would make it. He sounds like a fatass. He doesn't even have a college education. 8/10 applicants with a HS diploma get rejected. It's practically impossible with a GED or no degree. He's better off getting student loans and going to college for nursing or getting a general labor job through a temp agency, saving up, and taking a trade.
>>
go to community college/trade school/vocational school whatever and do a year long course in a trade. welding, plumbing, hvac, framing, whatever. company will probably hire you right out of school as an apprentice. you'll make shit money for 4 years and then youll make hella money when you're a journeyman
>>
>>26863330
Taking them all into account. I just don't want to debate about hurr muh neetlife vs wagecucks, etc. Having passions and being happy is great and all, but you need money to do things. Although I'm wary about the military. I'm already 32. Plus I'm asian and have heard fucked up stories about racism.
>>
>>26863475
I'm actually pretty /fit/, fampai. Though I am a asian manlet. I'm one class away from a shitty community college associates degree, but it's in useless-ass general studies.
>>
>>26862833
Actually the military won't take you if you've 1 been convicted 2 done illegal drugs 3 had any mental illness diagnoses
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.