[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long can you escape into video games, weed and 4chan before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
How long can you escape into video games, weed and 4chan before you come back to the realization that nothing in this world has any objective value and that life itself is a meandering, pointless struggle? Nothing you do has any significance and you're better off dying right now than dragging yourself through the remainder of your empty life.

Its always festering in the back of your mind. The thought seeps through but you desperately keep trying to repress it.
>>
I've already went through my existential crisis phase.
>>
nice gif faggot
>>
>>26851858
thats what im thinking today. How do i get over it
>>
>>26851858
I realized that when I was 10 years old.

I used video games / weed / anime to help me ignore that fact.
>>
I think that's from a documentary covering the Golden Gate Bridge. Some guy left a camera rolling on the side of the bridge for months and caught footage of people jumping off.
>>
As long as I have enough weed I'm fine.

It supresses the fight/flight reflex that is constantly triggering my anxiety.

At some point my tolerance is just too high to keep up the habit with my neetbux. I smoke almost 3g a day when I'm a week or two into it.
>>
File: 1454892982997.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1454892982997.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>>26851858
>before you come back to the realization that nothing in this world has any objective value and that life itself is a meandering, pointless struggle?
I've already reached that point senpai, but honestly the difference between existence and non-existence is so tiny I don't even want to bother killing myself.
>>
File: bbbrr.jpg (10 KB, 255x248) Image search: [Google]
bbbrr.jpg
10 KB, 255x248
>>26851988

>Do something entertaining
>OP's realization hits me like a brick to the head

It doesn't matter
None of this matters
>>
>>26851858
Death is just as meaningless as life, don't glorify death as if it's better.
>>
>>26852004
It's a documentary called "the bridge". And there was an actual cameraman watching them jump, the camera follows them as they jump into the river.

Here's the doc if you want to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhIzXFsYZQc
>>
File: hearthstone.jpg (190 KB, 636x281) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone.jpg
190 KB, 636x281
>mfw life is meaningless
>>
>>26852073
I mean the bay, not the river
>>
>>26852044
with death comes the absence of pain. isnt that what you want? isnt that better?
>>
File: conanwhatisbestinlife.jpg (19 KB, 530x340) Image search: [Google]
conanwhatisbestinlife.jpg
19 KB, 530x340
>>26851858
> video games, weed and 4chan

Conan! What is best in life?
>>
I continue to live out of pure spite.

The universe WANTS me to kill myself, you think I'm gonna let that fucker get what it wants?
>>
>>26851858

I just wanna go in the middle of a desert or forest and be alone. I don't understand people.
>>
>>26852220
The universe doesn't care about you.

Nice cringe rhetoric.
>>
>>26851858
Someone's having trouble coming to terms with nihilism
>>
>>26851858
Maxing my OSRS account completely (total level and experience) and then leaving. I am almost finished.
>>
>>26852073
didnt even try and help them?

what a jerk
>>
What are the chances of you being alive right now if that were true? I read that the universe is supposed to die, if that's true the chances are negligible.
>>
There are people who believe that the world is devoid of meaning and are still happy and full of energy.

And there are people who are religious and still are miserable and view life as not worth it.

It doesn't matter if there is meaning or not. It doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, young, old, beautiful, ugly, loved, unloved...

How you feel is determined entirely by the chemical cocktail that soaks your brain.

You take any man and disrupt that chemical flow, by depriving him of sleep, by making him sedentary, or by changing his diet; and it won't matter if he is a king, with purpose and loved by all. The world would just seem like a barren plain of nothingness.

You are a slave to you mind.
>>
File: 1451636601965.jpg (57 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1451636601965.jpg
57 KB, 500x211
>tfw life is meaningless but you can get high when alive and you're not sure if you can after death so you keep on living
>>
A whole life
>>
>>26851858
>static gif
>argument invalid
nothing personal kid.
>>
>>26851858
hedonism and political righteousness are the cure
>>
I already know life is meaningless, that's why I do all of those things.
>>
File: 1455154295998.jpg (87 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1455154295998.jpg
87 KB, 400x350
>>26851858
You have it backwards you nerd, that's why you are experiencing babby's first existential crisis.

First come to terms with life not having any greater purpose, and then decide to do whatever makes you happy. Like playing vidya.
Your life will feel empty if you keep wanting things you were never meant to have.

What are you, a faggot?
>>
File: 01.png (51 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
01.png
51 KB, 500x324
>>26853922
If you read this, you're a fucking beta cuck faggot.
>>
>>26851879
Snap. I came to the realisation that actually I quite like video games, weed and 4chan and since life is meaningless I might as well just do whatever I enjoy and not feel bad for it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.