[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did 4chan really used to be more left wing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1450405404133.gif (2 MB, 307x345) Image search: [Google]
1450405404133.gif
2 MB, 307x345
i see this statement a lot. how true is it?

a part of me feels like 4chan seems way more racist/sexist now because that's what pisses the most people off, similar to how the antics back in the day were just meant to piss people off. What becomes offensive sort of changes over time and I think the shifting views of this site reflect that

the establishment nowadays is a sort of very PC and globalist/inclusive one so it seems kinda natural that the "rebels" will be very un-PC
>>
>>26845725
It was never left wing that is a meme. It was libertarian. Now it is authoritarian because everyone got older.
>>
4chan was always counterculture.
That's still true.
>>
kind of.

all the hardcore right wing stuff is a reaction to all the ridiculous sjw feminist crap that has taken over the world in the past 7 years
>>
>>26845725
I think only in the sense that it made fun of bush and the neo-cons
>>
>>26845725
4chan isn't a single hivemind entity. For the most part it's just edgy and contrarian and wants le epic top kek lulz, which explains why the same place that memes about Donald Tump being the cucklord of cuckland and is going too make America meme again is the same place that fucks with the Westboro Baptist Church and Scientology.
>>
>>26845725
Bush was the president in the early days of 4chan so it was cool to be liberal, now Obama is the president so it's cool to be conservative

4chan is contrarian to everything popular
>>
No, it varies wildly from board to board.

Boards like /pol/ and /b/ are very right leaning, while boards such as /r9k/ and /lit/ are generally left leaning for various reasons.
>>
File: around blacks.jpg (63 KB, 393x382) Image search: [Google]
around blacks.jpg
63 KB, 393x382
4chan in the early days was very anti-bigotry. People would post shit like pic related in mockery of it. Now the racism isn't ironic anymore.
>>
>>26845725
No, it was just contrarian.
>>26845755
> Now it is authoritarian because everyone got older.
Everyone left m8
>>
File: ron paul will make anime real.jpg (100 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
ron paul will make anime real.jpg
100 KB, 500x531
>>26845755
I miss when it was libertarian.
>>
>>26845825
I'm pretty sure, regardless of how right or left wing 4chan is or was, it has always been anti nigger
>>
Pretty sure it was far left for the day
Gay marriage and trans acceptance just recently got the spotlight remember. Now the far left is sjw and annoying as shit
>>
the whole world used to be more left wing

ok thats not true
>>
>>26845861
the niggerwalk meme was actually to mock people like (you)
>>
>>26845725
Yeah the racism has taken on a completely different tone. The posters in general are much more mean-spirited and bellicose than they once were. Now anyone who isn't ideologically pure and participating in regurgitating out approved material into the echo chamber is attacked until they either go away or join in. It's a cult. 4chan never used to be that serious. People didn't pretend to give so many shits about pointless political bullshit. We were above it all back then because we rejected it all in favor of the pursuit of lulz.
>>
lol no it's never been left wing.

Back in 06-07 when HS Normie's found 4chan ( note all the oldfags validating that ) ironic memeing was born

"Oh haha racists online I'm kkk too haha wink wink winkinkinwink;)))". When /b/ got overpacked /pol/ was made to slow the board, "containment" doesn't exist.
>>
>>26845773
This.

Everything we do is for shock value and to go against mainstream/PC culture.
>>
The internet used to be about not taking shit seriously and joking around so 4chan used to be much more light hearted and the dumb memes of the old days would be called Reddit shit today

People didn't care that much about politics here until Chanology ruined 4chan forever
>>
>>26845825

This. In the early days of /b/ people would call each other doubleniggers just for fun and the racism was used mostly as a way of making commentary or for shock value.

Eventually people from stormfront got wind of 4chan and forcememe'd the racism which snowballed into what 4chan is today.

Remember the Hal Turner raids?
>>
Yes.

4chan was overwhelmingly left-wing prior to /pol/ gaining influence.

/new/ didn't have an impact on the website at large and was shut down before it could become big enough to be influential.

/pol/, in its early days, was very left-wing. by the 2012 election it tipped towards right-wing, and that continued to strengthened over the years.

After the Boston Bombing, /pol/ shot up to the #3 or #4 most visited board, where it has stayed to this day. Being so big and popular, it has had tremendous influence on the rest of 4chan and now the vast majority of the site is right-wing.
>>
itt: morons

fuck off, reality has a liberal and progressive bias

the contrarian cuckservatism is a joke and has only attracted a large contingent of idiots who think they are in good company and don't realize they are the butt of the joke
>>
>>26845725

4chan was not until politics until 09

then it became super counter culture

it never took the side of a wing

it was more libertarian than anything. please fuck of 9gaggers
>>
>>26846442
>Tumblr image
The shitposting itt is just low tier
>>
The left got more left, this site stayed relatively the same. If anything we've gotten more left with /pol/ containing right wing contrarianism. We now have an /lgbt/ and a secret furry board.
>>
>>26845755
No, when you get older you leave 4chan.
>>
>>26845725
Absolutely not.

It's a meme forced by shills from /leftypol/ and reddit.
>>
>>26846442
>reality has a liberal and progressive bias

EL OH EL
>>
>>26845725
SJWs took over liberalism, now it just looks 4chan looks conservative in comparison.

Things have changed since chanology and hackers corrupting L O L.
>>
>>26847172
It does though. In the west, surely.

Let's hope Christendom makes a strong return.
>>
File: sdasd.jpg (37 KB, 375x208) Image search: [Google]
sdasd.jpg
37 KB, 375x208
>>26845725
>more left wing
where'd you hear this bullshit?
once upon a time this place didn't have a definite place on the political spectrum
>>
Yes, but funny enough 4chan use to be more unironically racist.

Also 4chan use to have more C-P and other illegal stuff
>>
>>26847247
>SJWs took over liberalism, now it just looks 4chan looks conservative in comparison.

The more I look at the past, the more this seems to be true.

The world just became more "liberal" leaving 4chan to become hyper-conservative.

I mean these days liberal are actively trying to get a greater spread of affirmative action which is just state sponsored discrimination.

/new/ was a lot more balanced though, a lot of libertarians and natsoc with a few liberals.
>>
>>26847309

Christendom is about being liberal and progressive, Jesus'teachings were liberal and progressive.
>>
>>26845725
It didn't used to be anything. Politics weren't a part of the equation, things were fairly simple.

The closest you'd get to any kind of social activism is when /b/ would dox people who liked to beat the shit out of kittens or Project Chanology, back when Anonymous actually meant something.

I don't really know what changed.
>>
>>26845861
Spoken like a newfag.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.