[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are robot's experiences with SSRIs? Starting lexipro today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
What are robot's experiences with SSRIs? Starting lexipro today
>>
>>26844658
i eat SNRI i can tell you shit if you would like to
>>
File: 1452479804524.png (285 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
1452479804524.png
285 KB, 600x558
>>26844658
it's shit

I've been on citalopram, fluexetine and escitalopram

go learn a bit of pharmacology and throw that garbage into the trash
>>
>>26844658
Don't expect a magic cure that will make you happy. It makes life more bearable in my experience though. After being on them for two months I wanted to kill myself significantly less.
>>
File: dont eat! dont sleep!.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dont eat! dont sleep!.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>26844658
I JUST GOT OFF LEXXAPRO

DON'T

DO

IT

RIP IT UP
DROWN IT IN THE TOILET

I was so complacent while on it but HOLY SHIT I've been off for a few weeks nwo and I'm never falling for the SSRI jew meme again

JUST DON'T DO IT.
>>
>>26844696
Enlighten me anon.
>>26844699
What would you recommend in it's stead?
>>
>>26844658
i was on a low dose of paxil like 30mg for about 6-7 months and it didn't really do much for me except make my poop really hard and make my orgasms really dull.

took it for anxiety and depression, i guess it lessened the anxiety a little but the depression was still there.
>>
Say goodbye to your dick, senpai.
>>
>>26844752
What's so bad about it?
Bloxbloxbloxblox
>>
>>26844837
I felt nothing on it, basically no motivation, just felt like shit all the time, didn't do anything. I couldn't feel anything.

I know it sounds like a meme but I'd rather feel something than nothing at all.
>>
>>26844806
I've heard about the sexual side effects. Are they really that severe?
>>
All of made me wanna kill myself even more. It gave me motivation to get closer to it. I looked up how to make a pipe gun online and I guess the firing pin broke off and nothing happened. 0/10 wouldn't reccomend
>>
>>26844862
were you doing cbt or something with your therapist at the time? the medication alone isn't supposed to fix you. did it help in therapy at all? for someone thats super anxious or depressed, feeling nothing might mean being able to try those things that you were not doing because of your depression/anxiety
>>
M*E*M*E*P*I*L*L*S
>>
>>26844902
I was seeing a therapist at the time. It "fixed" me, I guess, in everyone else's eyes it did the job right.
>>
>>26844757
psychotherapy, nutrition and exercise are all significantly more useful than SSRI's

if you must use drugs;
>NMDA antagonists-can be dangerous if abused, but there is significant evidence that they're useful for depression
>tianeptine- MOR agonist, modulates glutamate too, which is now believed to be highly implicated in depression (through stimulation of NDMA receptors increasing BDNF levels)
>ampakines- noopept/racetams have been shown to be useful for depression
>bacopa/rhodiola - some herbs that have been shown to be effective against depression
>non selective mao-i's- addictive, dangerous, but they work better than SSRI's
>psychostimulants - obviously these are addictive and not sustainable, but you can potentially use them to start creating positive habits
>>
>>26844876
i'm the paxil guy. when i went on it i heard so many people saying how you wouldn't even be able to get hard or whatever. i was still able to jerk off it just made my orgasms not very satisfying. i imagine on a higher dose it would have been worse.

are you sexually active? if you're not i wouldn't use this as an excuse to refuse the meds. you won't be on them forever.
>>
>>26844658
Tried Florentine now I'm on escitalopram. It makes your head tingle in the beginning and it also makes your heart rate slower so you may feel lightheadedness or rushes of blood to the head sometimes
>>
File: cute3.jpg (228 KB, 814x986) Image search: [Google]
cute3.jpg
228 KB, 814x986
>>26844876
Well, I was on 10mg for about 8 weeks and here's what I noticed:
>it became very hard to get an erection
>it became very hard to maintain an erection
>my mind would drift off while masturbating and I just wasn't into it at all
>the idea of sex itself started to become repulsive and gross
But hey, it might very well be completely different for you.
>>
>>26844658
I was on anxyolitics for an year. I took Lorazepam for insomnia and fear attacks during night time. So, the first collateral effect was insomnia. During the first two weeks i could never sleep. I fell asleep everywhere but never slept during night. This affected my university marks, i had to repeat 2nd year because i couldn't concentrate and study. I forgot things, like going to buy food, or going to the atm, i lost a lot of friends. When i went to exams i couldn't speak. So doctor gave me Triazolam to take at bedtime and swithced Lorazepam at morning and lunchtime. It was even worse. I went to sleep, i finally could sleep but i woke up more tired than before. I had suicidal ideas, i became paranoid, i was sure police was following me. I remember very few events of that year, i lost interest for everything and i wanted to lie in bed all the day. Then i decided to stop. Stopping was the worst experience of my life. I had insomnia, memory loss (sometimes i found myself somewhere and i forgot how or why am i there), i was paranoid about policemen putting drugs in my tap water or in my food. I had night seizures and pavor nocturnus, i had tachicardia. It was an hell. Then i stopped every med. Now i still have insomnia and social anxiety, but i feel better
>>
>>26844965
Fluoxetine* lol
>>
>>26844945
after you stopped the meds, were you in a better place, mentally, than when you started? do you think it helped you work on the things you and your therapist were working on? if yes, do you think you would have made that progress without them?
>>
>>26844978
>>26844961
None of these effects are potentially permanent, are they?
>>
>>26845001
>were you in a better place, mentally, than when you started?

Mentally? I've been slowly going back to my old ways, no change.

Everything else is fucked though, lost motivation and took "time off" from school. I did "escape" an abusive relationship my first month or so on them though, which took a lot of strength mentality, but I think it had something to do with them.

>do you think it helped you work on the things you and your therapist were working on?

I guess.

>if yes, do you think you would have made that progress without them?
I would've probably not dropped out of school. I'm just waiting for mania to kick in 2bh now.
>>
File: 007.gif (958 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
007.gif
958 KB, 500x279
>>26844658
Don't do it

Actually do things things that improve your life and happiness permanently
>>
>>26845051
not that i've heard. though it took a while after i stopped to be able to have a good orgasm. high doses taken for longer probably means it'll take longer to get back to normal i would imagine.
>>
>>26844658
Read Julian's Primer of Drug Action, it helped me learn a lot. Helps to be a little informed. I've had mixed experiences with them; tried lexipro (escitalopram), welbutrin, and Viibryd (vilazodone). I liked Viibryd the best by miles, really stimulating and helpful with energy, thought my dick feels kinda numb compared to not taking it and i can never come from sex (my dick still gets hard at least). Shit's potent even my psych said as much when he first gave it to me.
>>
>>26845083
>Mentally? I've been slowly going back to my old ways, no change.

so it sounds like you *did* change but your slipping since you've been off meds/out of therapy.

was the time off suggested by the therapist or was it your idea from lack of motivation? did you have other responsibilities you were still fulfilling? like work or something?

good on you for getting out of that relationship.

now that you're off and slipping back, has the motivation returned? are you trying to get back into school?
>>
>>26845112
>Actually do things things that improve your life and happiness permanently
Like what?
Please don't say exercise, I tried and it didn't do shit.
>>
>>26845223
I'd rather be the way that I am now than the way that I was on my meds.

No, no school or work or anything.

Now, yes, I can feel it returning and I can feel little bouts of mania, I'm going back next semester.
>>
File: 06.gif (468 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
06.gif
468 KB, 500x281
>>26845238
become the person you truly feel the happiest being (appearance, personality, career, hobbies, etc)
>>
>>26845249
thanks for answering my questions. i hope you do well in school. and i hope you get help if you need it. there are always other meds you can try and you don't have to stay on them if you don't want to.
>>
File: dont stress yourself.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dont stress yourself.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>26845324
thanks!! you too anon. i hope everythign works out for you
>>
File: Washing board.png (880 KB, 882x904) Image search: [Google]
Washing board.png
880 KB, 882x904
>>26844757

First week was wierd as fuck and my pupils were dilated like as if i was hooked on 3 different drugs and i could not stop staring and i feelt kinda happy and sad at the same time and got boners all the time
hard to describe the feelings now im normal(ish)

almost feelt like my eyes was gonna pop out and i also felt kinda focused but still not.

Kinda feelt drunk and happy also some wierd feel like that moment when you know you're about to puke

Fuck atlest i feel kinda normal now
>>
>>26844699
Escitalopram
Bupropion
Zoloft
Fluexetine
Mirtazapine

i have tried all of these and they did jack shit. Mirtazapine made me extremely sleep though and Bupropion raised my bpm to like 120.

it might work for some people but it never did for me
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.