[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /over-thinker/? >yfw you realize normies go around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9
File: adsf.jpg (13 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
adsf.jpg
13 KB, 320x240
Who here /over-thinker/?

>yfw you realize normies go around with their brains practically turned off
>they get by only on instinct and the little thoughts they do have

I never realized it until now, I thought everyone had thoughts buzzing around their brain 24/7
>>
>>26843692
>tfw you realize this why normies can do work so easily
>they just tell themselves "time to work" and get down to it without even thinking about it
>tfw they think "procrastinating" is looking at facebook for 10 minutes
>they'll never know what it's like to helplessly avoid doing work until 5am when you pass out from exhaustion only to wake up two hours later and stumble to class

My spergy english professor told me that mediating helped her control her fucked up brain, so maybe I need to do that as well.
>>
>>26843756
That's what I'm doing, I think it's working

How did I go my whole life without knowing this? I can't remember a time where I wasn't constantly in thought

I think about EVERYTHING, every little thing, it's probably the source of my depression cause I started picking apart life the way someone would pick apart a movie
>>
>go to work
>worry about the political arena
>think about the federal mismanagement of taxed funds
>worry about expansion of more federal funded entitlement programs
>angry because federal government has the worst dollar to dollar usage of taxed funds
>think about how to correctly manage federal spending to eliminate deficit, debt, and minimize the long term impact of interest rates on national debt
>concerned about upholding rights under scrutiny and the philosophical basis of rights
>oh wait hold on rights aren't even real
>go back to the basic structure of rights as a societal organizer and non compete agreement
>my job is moving boxes of food around in a warehouse

my coworkers tell me I always look angry.
>>
This is why I'm depressed and want to kill myself every waking moment. I've repeatedly told people I just want to be a stupid fucking idiot because life would be easier.
>>
>>26843692
>normies go around with their brains practically turned off
Is this actually true? My brain is never free from thought (except when sleeping)
>>
>>26843987
>except when sleeping

Speaking of sleeping, it's almost impossible for me to sleep cause of these racing thoughts
>>
>>26843814
Are you doing the basic breath-following mindfulness meditation? Or something else involving a mantra or a meditational object?
>>
>>26843987
no
it isn't true
I'm definitely a normie by /r9k/'s standards and my brain won't stop.
I overthink everything and try to predict shit
I second guess most/all interactions
but still, total normie according to this board
>>
>>26844096
The former, nothing fancy

Also I try to do it passively at all times as well as the typical practice
>>
I know it comes with it's heavy drawbacks, but I embrace this more than I try to stop it.
It certainly helps creativity. Most of the worlds greatest people have been over thinkers. They just learned how to use it.
>>
im dumb bitch
>>
>>26843756
Studying English was your mistake mate
>>
>>26843692
I've always been like that, even when I was a kid, I thought about everything, I'd get bored in class and on long drives everywhere so the only thing to do would be to retreat into your thoughts and dream up new worlds and make up stuff and think about stuff that you like. I used wear a baggy sweater just so I could pretend like I was an FBI agent on a secret computer in there and nobody could see what I was doing.

It would take me an hour just to fall asleep most nights because I would lay in the dark, exercising my brain. I thought about cartoon characters, people throughout my day, things I didn't like. My dreams were always very vivid and heavy and intense and long and my sister used to say I kicked a lot in my sleep, we shared a bed.

I just assumed since everyone had a brain they'd see how fun it is to go ham and imagine everything and make it into a game, but I never really thought to ask, I thought they all had their own world in their brain. I don't ever really go back there anymore because I grew up but I can remember those days, they made me who I am. I don't know how good I am at holding a conversation or putting my thoughts into words because a lot of the time I think in pictures or film scene mode and I'm usually always thinking of something else, that isn't the current situation. I don't know how people live in the moment. Why isn't everyone doing this? What is it gonna be like when we die? Will I have lived more or does it all just get erased and mean nothing? WHY DOES MY BRAIN DO THIS TO ME?
>>
ILL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST

IM TURNED OFF

wont be back soon look up see my nuts slap the moon
>>
>>26844121
excpet your too dumb to worry you that much with yur thought alone desu
>>
>>26843692
I sometimes think if I was born an idiot with very little awareness of others, I would be so much more successful.

Normies just do things on instinct, as you said. They're like animals, they just think about what is happening now.
I noticed this back in school days, when I would watch them, I could see an emptiness in their eyes, they weren't thinking, they were like flies, just reacting to anything that happened.
>>
>>26844166
It's a pre-requirement you sperg
>>
>>26843692
yeah that's not the case.
just in case you're actually that delusional, "normies" is not a homogeneous group.
Some of them think clearly, some of them don't.
You're not special for thinking. These people not only think, but figure out the right way to act, and they do it. You're just insecure and pay unnecessary attention to details.
>>
>>26843692
Oh god, here we go with the sheeple and blah blah blah, etc etc.
>>
>>26843692

literally MUH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE
>>
>>26844340
>literally MUH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE
literally MUH
>>
>>26844121
r9ks concept of 'normal' is anybody who has had sex before. I have nothing in common with normal people other than having sex with a few ugoo's but I'm still considered a normie.
>>
>>26843814
>>26843692
>>26843756

Is this real? Can people really just 'stop thinking'?
>>
>>26844219
det grop
>>
>>26844297
>>26844318
>>26844340
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them for being like that

I'm not saying I'm smart cause I think too much, I actually think I've been an idiot for thinking too much to the point where it was detrimental to me.
>>
>>26844668
You can't stop thinking all together but you can slow down your thinking if you think too much
>>
>>26844668
>Can people really just 'stop thinking'?
Yea, it takes a lot of practice though. But ironically when you meditate you have to lose the desire for the fruits of the meditation, you basically get to a point where all you're aware of is pure awareness.
>>
>>26844951
You won't stop brain processes but thought processes can be ceased, if only temporarily.
>>
File: 1426976251328.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
1426976251328.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
>>26843692
>>26843756
>>26843814

Meditatorfag and overthinker here.

Works fucking wonders, but you need to be consistent with it, otherwise shit will fall apart again.
>>
>>26844668

Yes. They stop thinking about what to say. Every conversation is the same. "how are you?" or "oh so what do you do haha i work at eihtgaoigha"

They order the same drink every time. Probably light beer. They never 'think' about ordering anything different or why they drink what they drink or do what they do.

They live life on auto pilot.
>>
Is this what you autistic man babies actually think?

No wonder you're all still here wasting your life away. The "durr hurr they're not being a degenerate like me, how stoopid" meme needs to be addressed.

If you guys don't see the point in anything then why are you such depressed pussies all the time? Life isn't about "thinking" about what video game you'll play next or what food you'll make yourself fat with today.

Set some goals, you retards
>>
>>26845018
/original-slash-thread
>>
>>26845018
Look neurotpyical, this thread isn't for you, go elsewhere. You wouldn't understand.
>>
>>26845039
You're right, mediocrity is something I will never push towards.
>>
File: home alone face.jpg (134 KB, 782x814) Image search: [Google]
home alone face.jpg
134 KB, 782x814
>>26843692
Feels INTP man. It's literally incomprehensible to me how normies can just exist without any introspection or deep thoughts
>>
>>26843692
>>26845066
If you try to have a conversation with them about anything other than pop culture or sports of gossip, they have nothing to contribute. I see people having hour long conversations about nothing. I could never live like that.
>>
>>26845066
INTJ here, know that feel senpai. It gets lonely wondering if I'm the only one who thinks these things out of the people I interact with everyday. I envy normies.
>>
>>26845066
they do , they're just good at hiding them
>>
>>26845061
Like I said, your words exude ignorance. You think we don't have goals? We don't have places we want to be going? Fucking moron.
>>
>>26845066
>>26845118
Are you guys using normie to mean any person who has had sex? Because it sounds like you only have experience with a very small, trashy subset of normal people. Most professors, scientists, writers, musicians, historians, generals, etc. have had sex and usually procreated too.
>>
>>26845133
>tfw making what to me is basic commentary on a topic with some normie
>"whoa dude how much weed did you have smoke to come up with shit like this?"

THAT is the first place their brains go. Don't tell me they all have this ability to reflect to any meaningful extent but are just "hiding" it.
>>
>>26844460
>having sex with a few ugoo's

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GTFO NORMIE FAGGOT!!!
>>
>>26845163
Remember that the majority of normies are not focused on any deep meaningful questions. INTPs are rare, as well as intuitives in general. Most normies are sensors. This means they arent as primarily focused on concepts and ideas ALL THE TIME like an INTP would, they are simply more content living without much deep though by default.
>>
>>26845151
I don't mean people who have not had sex. I am just talking about the people mentioned in the OP.
>>
>>26844148
How do you embrace it without major drawbacks
>>
>Whoa, that's deep.

It wasn't even remotely deep, just entry level starter kit knowledge.
>>
>>26845301
>don't mean people who have not had sex
>do mean people who have had sex

Regardless, whether or not a person has had sex is not what makes a person capable of introspection or not. Having sex doesn't sap you of any ability you had to look at yourself critically before penetration happened. It's not a normie vs. robot thing.
>>
>>26843692
The depression has pretty much turned my brain off at this point. It happens like that with me. I wish I could think of things to say but there's just nothing there. Mania is the opposite. I wish I was manic instead of depressed, but it's always depression.
>>
>>26845263
This, as a sensor it's extremely taxing to get caught up in those "deep" conversations and it gets pretty irritating if it's going no where and just mental masturbation.
>>
I'm so lost in thought that I rarely have things to say to people.

My mom always asks me why I'm so quiet.

How do I talk to people /r9k/?
>>
File: 1431460201293.png (1 MB, 707x786) Image search: [Google]
1431460201293.png
1 MB, 707x786
anyone here that faggot that replies to everything? im pretty much always the last one to say something and can think shit up to say if the conversation goes nowhere. most normies would get bored and go full autism on their phone or do something else instead of investing in something that isn't directly in front of them.

it might be because im an only child that I have the patience to bother in the first place whereas siblings would have already worn someone down with bickering and faggotry.

might just be me but it just feels bad being (very selectively) social.
>>
I think if you use so much your brain there's no excuse to not having done great things
>>
>>26845851
theres a difference between pontification and determination with creativity
>>
>Be like this
>Possible good situation comes up
>Can't stop over thinking about it
>It doesn't happen
>Can't stop over thinking about how terrible everything is.

I've actually found meth stops me from thinking but I don't want to become dependent on drugs. I'm already addicted to this god awful board.
>>
>>26845851
It doesn't work like that. In the past people like us could do great things, they could be great teachers and lecturers, philosophers and whatnot. But today "great" is defined as "makes a lot of money". Philosophy doesn't quite sell, unless you're marketing to leftists *sniff* like some philosophers *sniff*.
>>
>>26844460
>>26844121
Here we have the failed normie in his natural habitat. Shh, you might scare them off!
>>
File: 1407834723942.jpg (154 KB, 493x353) Image search: [Google]
1407834723942.jpg
154 KB, 493x353
>>26846183
original comment
motono komento
>>
File: 1342769702253.png (574 KB, 407x359) Image search: [Google]
1342769702253.png
574 KB, 407x359
>>26846183
Why are you such a bully? I was actually here first and have no where else to go, thanks a lot plebbit!
>>
>>26843692
How could you possibly "realize" that? Did your consciousness enter their mind? You don't know shit about how other people think, you pseudo-intellectual.
>>
i'm beyond gone in terms of being "stuck in my head". i have tourettes and i fall heavily in ADHD.
the last girl i was doing sexual things with was probably my equal or better (especially socially) when it came to perceiving things. she could tell you were sad if you had a smile on your face.
she's the first person i've ever heard attack me with "that's all in your head".

after that i had to step back and think about how i was thinking about things too much.
there's this saying that i'll never forget, saw it in Mudvayne's live DVD, in one of the segments where they're sitting in the cafe, Matt says, "you know, thinking is over-rated. you think too much about something and that's when you get caught"
this is some of the most difficult advice to take for anyone who is very logical or scientific, it's impossible to understand for anyone with a mental disorder like autism.
>>
>>26844056
I know I can barely stay awake all day but at night I cannot fall asleep.
>>
>>26843692
loner jock type here never joined the team but was always a fighter and into lifting but just couldn't stand the brainwashed sheep. Yeah brain is off most the type; I just call it meditation.
>>
>>26845374
Holy shit, that drives me crazy. Do people not think about shit at all beyond what they are directly in front of them?
>>
>>26843756
>>26843814

Finally likeminded people. Seriously, I'm working on it, but when I let myelf slip for a second, I get caught up in the wildest daydreams and end up thinking until something snaps me out of it. Its like a fucking induced trance or something, once the thought-tain started it has no brakes
>>
>>26846607
you mean women?
comment
>>
> Im better than the normal people I spend the rest of my time on this board being jealous of

This thread
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>26843692
Truly you are the Enlightened One!
>>
>>26846419
Of course when I stop thinking I start feeling all sorts of bad emotions. Thinking is a distraction from them.
I've been conditioned to never stop thinking because every time I do I get punished for it.
>>
>>26845395
If you are constantly inwardly looking and breaking yourself down, it is pretty hard to convince someone to let you put your dick in them.
>>
>can't sleep
>look on internet for anything easy to help
>melatonin comes up a few times.
>should I take melatonin?
>what if it somehow kills me?
>what if it doesn't do anything for like, 20 years, then makes me blind?
>what if there are lots of other unknowns in the bottle, and not just simple melatonin + pill?
>go looking for natural source, cherries come up
>but what if cherries have too much sugar and I get diabetes?
>what if the cherry juice goes bad and I get some disease that effects my brain?
>start researching sleep for 4+ hours looking for fucking anything that will help
>1am in the morning when I go to bed
>>
i worry everyday about the possible plans the jews are architecting to screw the commom goy like me
>>
File: 1452465961578.jpg (82 KB, 500x504) Image search: [Google]
1452465961578.jpg
82 KB, 500x504
>>26843692
So many people these days have associated themselves with their mind and the constant noise that comes from being separate from their Being. How do you connect with your Being, the awareness of presence and of living in the moment?

All you need to do is to notice and accept that you are losing true consciousness and drifting off into thought. Just re-adjust your focus into the Now by asking yourself "Why are these thoughts coming into my head?", "How many seconds/minutes did I lose just then?". Don't answer, just observe. The more you do this, the easier it becomes to be in a state of no-mind and soon your consciousness will continuously be present in the moment and free of thought.

Free of thought doesn't necessarily mean you will be a comatose vegetable. It's more on the lines of having control of when to use your mind in the right situations. To be able to switch off.

I have only started learning about this concept just recently. But feel free to ask questions.
>>
>>26845851
Not if you only use you're brain to worry about pointless shit
>>26845894
zizek please leave
>>
>>26847074
>1am
Try fucking 4-5am.

If not worse sometimes.

I am a creature of the night it seems.
>>
Does anyone else here think that any little thing they do wrong will fuck you or someone else over big time? A few weeks ago, my friend (inb4 ree get out normie) invited me and some other friends over to his house to play vidya. We do this pretty regularly, but I wasnt able to make it that day due to some family thing. I also wasnt able to make the last two because of other family things that happened to fall on those days. On top of this, one of my friends called me the night before trying to get me to play vidya online with them, but I was asleep. I instantly thought that they all hated me and that they were going to replace me with someone who one of my friends had just met and would never talk to me again or only invite me out of pity. I think the same thing every time I say something that I feel is mildly cringey.
>>
>>26843973
HOL UP

SO U TELLIN ME

RIGHTS AREN'T REAL?

SHIIEEEEET
>>
>>26843692
HahhahHHZzAAAA
I literally just figured this out
They actually have a healthy balance between reaction and contemplation.
Kek I love being an unhealthy confused alcoholic.
>>
File: 1382115466935.jpg (17 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
1382115466935.jpg
17 KB, 193x245
>have to take a piss test for a job I've been trying to get for forever
>only smoke weed recreationally, haven't done it for 3 months
>still nervous I'll fail
>go to take test
>fill up cup, bring it to nurse
>he explains the process and says I can watch him do it
>I want to watch
>he tells me to wash my hands
>I wash my hands and then look back up
>the lid is already on
>he distracted me by making my wash my hands
>he put a THC tablet in my piss
>my job didn't really want to hire me after all, and so to have a good reason to turn me down, they are in cahoots with the drug testing clinic, and informed them to sabotage my urine.
>felt shitty for the next month until I started the job
>still haven't smoked
>>
>>26846607
if we're talking about women, then no. Women have the mentality of children and don't put thought into anything. Same thing applies to gifted men.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.