[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental illness/Psych ward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4
File: pepe43.jpg (20 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
pepe43.jpg
20 KB, 249x249
Psych ward stories time, tell me all about the characters you met in there.

>homeless alcoholic girl going through withdrawels, been to prison twice, raspy voice
>man detained against his will because he threatened the mother of his child who was refusing him custody
>potential robot who refused all meds and groups, had been in there for two months when I arrived
>herion addict who attempted suicide to avoid prison, on constant suicide watch
>fat girl being held to protect her against her dangerous boyfriend, turned out to be psychotic delusions
>anxiety-riddled former WVU student who dropped out and eventually attempted suicide because of his issues
>older woman, overweight, who had been in nearly every ward in the state at some point, no idea what her specific issue was
>agoraphobic black woman, always sat away from everyone else, friendly though
>nurse from northern virginia, attempted suicide by overdose, indignant about being kept there against her will
>(me) headcase shut-in who attempted to end his pathetic life by overdose, failed and was held against his will, diagnosed schizo

So how was your stay in the psych ward robots? What cool and trendy mental illnesses have you been diagnosed with? I'm major depressive, schizophrenic, generalized anxiety, and bipolar II.
>>
>>26842165
never been friendo.
>>
>>26842165
I use to be a security guard dealing with you pathetic scum, was fun as hell to restrain you faggots
>>
File: pepe60.jpg (48 KB, 412x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe60.jpg
48 KB, 412x385
>>26842190
You can't be a robot without a psych ward admittance. Get off my board normie.

>>26842198
XD le trole
>>
>>26842213
my bad anon I dont go to meme therapist for my mind problems I just drink and hurt myself
>>
>>26842234
I know that feel. Drinking is like self-medicating in a way. It causes damage in the long-term, but in the short-term it helps make things bearable.
>>
>>26842165
>>fat girl being held to protect her against her dangerous boyfriend, turned out to be psychotic delusions

Roastie BTFO
>>
>>26842269
It was surprising as fuck for the rest of us. We were all convinced she was a normie being held there to keep her safe from her boyfriend, then during one of the therapy sessions the therapist broke her shit down and she started crying.
>>
>>26842213
Not trolling but it was fun as fuck, all of you are weak and pathetic, most to dumb to even take their daily meds, I wish more of you would suicide when I was working there, saw lots of crazy shit with you types though
>>
>>26842399
So is that why you browse /r9k/? To see more of us?
>>
i was in a teen ward when i was 17

>hot, athletic bulimic girl who doesn't eat red meat and does squats in the middle of the rec room
>strange black guy who doesn't even seem to be a teenager. told me to calm down once for punching a wall, then just an hour or so later poured gallons of juice on the ground.
>false suicide attention whore scenester chick
>real suicide attempt crazy partial asian chick. kinda hot. doesn't seem like the type to do drugs. intentionally overdosed on multiple Fentanyl patches and a bottle of whiskey.
>raver kid who has done far too many drugs. has a breakdown one day when the behavioral techs take away his Hot Cheeto contraband.
>chubby, hispanic girl who has been raped so many times she doesn't know what real life is. constantly in another world. flashes her cunt and tits to everyone. it's not even hot because it's so terrifying.
>me, depression and anxiety. parents gave me up to CPS. get put in a group home, where I am caught with a lighter and sent to a fucking mental hospital because they deemed me a safety risk for having a lighter but couldn't put me in jail over it. was there over a month.
>>
Bipolar and manics with psychotic features are pure scum
>>
>>26842426
I am one of you now, but I take my meds and dont self medicate, was in the crazy hospital for 2 weeks its lot dif being in there then working for one
>>
>>26842438
Huh, I didn't know they had teen wards.

>false suicide scenester chick

Why would they admit her?
>>
>>26842480
Oh, alright. That changes things. I imagine dealing with the stuck up ones would jade me too. If you've experienced it that means you have perspective.
>>
>>26842494
i don't know, because even if she was doing it for attention she was still crazy?
>>
>>26842536
I guess. Still, gives you the chance to get some of that mentally unstable qt psych ward poon tang.
>>
>>26842531
I felt bad for most of them, never abused our power but the ones with MH problems and it was mostly behavior ya fuck them, lot of them would just show up cuz they were bored and liked the food
>>
>>26842563
I didn't see any like that while I was there. But I imagine it would piss me off too to see someone trying to get a free vacation out of the psych ward.

And in my experience meds were entirely optional until you literally couldn't function without them. Must've been different where you were.
>>
>>26842549
you know, nothing has ever killed my sex drive like large doses of psych drugs and being involuntarily locked in a small building with a bunch of other crazy cunts.
>>
>>26842594
Were you on full lock down?
>>
>>26842165
>be 2013
>try to hang myself in a park but some fuck calls the cops.
>end up in phsyc ward for a week
>meet a 8/10 qt gutter punk who also tried to an hero
>end up becoming "suicide buddy's"
>can't be apart from each other for the whole week
>get her number when she leaves
>have shitty pre paid phone and run out of minutes
>no money for more minutes
>no house phone and dad won't let me use his
>no social media
>end up losing contact with her
>still think about her all the time and worrie that she may have killed herself by now
Looking back that might have been my only chance desu
Honestly felt like I could have spent my life with her
Katy from Massachusetts, in the off chance that you're here Chris loves you
>>
Never went, but I nearly went due to self harm bullshit. I almost went willingly, but changed my mind after hearing some horror stories from a robot over skype.
>>
>>26842598
Lots of people it doesnt manics love to try and do sexual things in the doodle hospital, the smell of a crazy woman whos been doing drugs and no shower for a month ugg
>>
>>26842624
No, it was a relatively relaxed environment with group therapy sessions and friendly staff. They only had to use the "quiet room" twice for patients that had psychotic episodes.
>>
invol ward. from what i remember:

>wake up with no memory how i got there to a fat black man shitting on the common floor
>same black man kept calling Jesus on the public phone
>friendly but retarded and huge, like Of Mice and Men huge, talked about family's compound and guns and how to kill people the entire time
>Asian dude from heroes look alike who couldn't speak and had a noose burn around his neck, most sane guy in there
>schizophrenic and bipolar woman who claimed to be 45 but looked 60, covered in razor scars on arms and face and had a fresh self-inflicted 3rd degree burn oozing on the arm
>she wanted to hook up with me
>and get my number for afterwards
>legit qt boy who viewed us commoners as the patrician he was
>legit qt girl who locked herself in her private room the entire time
>borderline me who had discovered and was abusing a new substance, hence the memory loss
>>
>>26842642
Best to stay away my dude, 2 crazies is hard as fuck to manage a relationship find a normal functioning person if you can
>>
>>26842480
>I am one of you now,

Hahaha you dumbfuck, serves you right. You fucked your shit up.
>>
>>26842684
>find a normal functioning person
>implying
>>
>>26842670
Ah, mine was a lock down a d a rehab center but had to go through lock down first the place where I had my stent at, I hated group therapy or art time was terrible
>>
>>26842598
Psych meds in general kill your sex drive. Its insane how you can go from horny all the time to dead dick once you start on SSRI's.
>>
>>26842693
Maybe I did but I get paid very nicely so I look at it as a early retirement
>>
>>26842715
"Art time" made me feel like I was back in 2nd grade. I swear to god painting a fucking island isn't going to make me not want to kill myself.
>>
>>26842715
>groups
Litteraly just be urself and just go to a happy place. Not to mention you have to listen to all the autist bitch about "my condition" if they would have still let me smoke cigarettes if I didn't go to groups I would have stayed in my roon
>>
>>26842712
True.. but its possible, I mean bell they have websites for people to date who have STDS likr HIV, Herpes etc
>>
>>26842761
Ya I hated art time man.. even as a guard i hated it lot of the stuff to me felt like they were devrading the patients and as one its even worse 1st grade music and shit
>>
>>26842773
Yea but no one will be her. I loved her special snow flake hair. It was red and cut like skrillex
>inb4 red flag
I know I don't care tho
>>
>>26842768
Yup you are right, senpai a big problem we had was hospital where I worked wouldnt let patients smoke cigs, they could get gum and patches but if they let them s.oke about 50% of the times we had to restrain them wouldnt have happened..
>>
>>26842803
I hear ya I dated a crazy b4 when I was young as fuck
>>
>>26842853
Place I was in last week let us smoke every two hours but it was a medication stabilizing place. Not locked either I could leave when ever o wanted
>>
>>26842872
Idk, it probably wouldn't have worked out but I wish I could have known that instead of this what if bullshit
>>
oh boy here we go
>old man, looks a little like a king
>always complaining angrily about something
>one day I tell him, "can you please stop ranting?"
>he tells me that ranting is driving a car and raving is driving a truck

>kid called Barry Bowser
>claimed his father was Hitler and his grandfather was Jesus
>he wrote a book, The Adventures of Barry C. Bowser
>http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Bowser-Vishnu-Grandson-Christ/dp/143820177X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456782810&sr=8-1&keywords=the+adventures+of+barry+c+bowser

>guy called Eric
>for hours at a time he would pace around the main room always talking to people who weren't there
>hows it goin my nigga, what's happining bruh
>every so often he would get mad at his imaginary friends and start yelling
>saying I'm not gay
>"what are you talking about nigga I'M NOT GAY I love pussy man"
>>
>>26842874
When i was admitted to crazy hospital not ahere I worked it was both that and rehab center at the rehab center u can go or leave a d smoke cigs every hour on the hour
>>
>>26842890
You ever get her first and last name? She could also be a frequent flyer most patients come back and you know them by name
>>
>>26842903
I can see like people who are a danger and will need to be restrained. But if you smoke and you're going thru some shit it just makes it worse taking away your cigarettes. I detoxes a little over a year ago from benzos and they didn't have gum or patches and we could only smoke 3 times a day. It was fucking bullshit
>>
>>26842901
Saw a guy who was skitzo a d the rest said he was a "recovering homosexual" and would randomly scream "im not fucking gay" he had the HIV though and looked real bad
>>
>>26842935
I never asked for her last name and I've never been back. That place was insane. There was this kid from Moscow who was about 20 but had the mentality of a 6 year old. Dude was like a retarded shrek
>>
>>26842953
Wow thats rough man, benzos are bad shit I take them only in a emergy
>>
>>26842999
I was eating like 100 mgs of Valium and for about a year. Honestly it was fucking horrible but it's do able. It was the worst experience of my life but it's not as bad as people say it is
>>
>>26842985
Ive seen lots of people like that INB4 whiteknight etc, lots of them are abused and sexually abused its pretty sad
>>
>>26843011
Im wary about it, one of 2 things cold turkey can kill you, but I heard tapering it down is not to bad, that was another thing lots of patients abuse meds and need to go back for more it goes hand in hand with MH
>>
I was in a teen psych ward a few years ago and it really wasn't that terrible, no one was overtly insane or anything it was just chill and kinda boring
>>
>>26843026
One of the nurses told me his mom was dead and his dad was like 90 and in a nursing home. He had no one so they were keeping him there till they found a place for him. Was an OK guy. His name was elio and no one could beat him at chess. I watched this kid drink like 20 cigs of decafe and then vomit all over himself
>>
>>26842901
>another guy always asked people if they were a Christian
>then said "Jesus Christ is the ultimate being in the entire universe"
>at night
>he would open the door of his room
>take a step out
>turn around, go back in and slam the door
>every five minutes

>arab guy
>walked around naked every other day
>got addicted to the tranquilizers they gave him when he got naked
>groped a woman and didn't get in trouble

>nigger called Chris
>literally the definition of a nigger
>wild, cheated at cards, obnoxious

We said that there should be a reality TV show that takes place in a mental hospital with all the drama that there was
>>
>>26843047
The brought me down in a week with phenobarbital. Then when I left they gave me two week of gabapentin. The withdrawal lasted like 6 months total with the worst lasting about a month
>>
>>26843078
Haha jesus
>>
>>26843107
He would rip the filters off his cigs and when I asked why he said in a thick retarded Russian accent. "I like them stroooooong" I had to walk away lol
>>
>first time getting locked up
>most people there are doped up and just waiting out their time
>but one stood out
>fat bitch
>like really, really, disgustingly obese
>they rolled her around in a reclining chair
>"GYRO" sewn onto the side
>always wore slippers because her feet were too fat to fit into shoes
>so fat she literally couldn't stand on her own
>it took the entire staff of orderlies to move her out of that rolling recliner

>second time getting locked up
>much worse
>stingy with handing out pills unless its EXACTLY the amount of time elapsed, unlike before where I was given a bar every time I asked
>especially bad because I had just had my finger reattatched and had like 30 stitches from stopping a knife with my bare hand
>they would only give me half my prescribed dose of hydro which already barely did shit
>they put locks on all the fucking snacks that used to be up for grabs
>two people I recognized
>one of them was a crazy black guy who claimed he had just converted to Judaism after seeing a picture of his real mother
>it was a picture of a Muslim woman taken during the soviet-afghan war
>a picture nearly everyone has seen
>but he completely believed that was his mom
>previously had seen this basket case on the outside jumping on trees, rolling in the dirt, and giving away a $3000 watch for a cigarette to a dope fiend who pawned it for 50 bucks
>one other person I used to hang out with was in there
>didn't say a word to me the whole time
>a few months later he went to jail for giving his newborn brain damage
>sleazy psych doesn't even ask me any questions, just tells me drug addiction isn't a problem as long as you don't run out and writes me a huge Valium script
>get discharged after like a week, get crazy fucked up and do tons of reckless shit
>including buying previously mentioned crazy black guy a huge cigar and watching him inhale every drag
>>
>>26843099
6 months is a long time.. you able to sleep good at night or have to take meds?
>>
>>26842438
that thing about the hispanic girl makes me really sad :/
>>
> Being this much of a fuck up.
I get that you guys sometime piss in a bottle, and don't have a job. But getting sent to an psych ward against your will... Kill yourself, you failed already at such a young age.
>>
>>26843168
I've recently gone back on anti pshycs so in sleeping good now. But once the gabapentin ran out which was like a year ago I've only been sleeping a max of 3 hours a night. Thanks to the lutuda the past week I've been sleeping for like 10 hours a night and feel fucking amazing
>>
did any of you guys go to a therapist who sent you to a ward?

I've been thinking about going to a therapist, but I imagine she'll send me to one if I tell her all my shit.
>>
>>26843094
>also there was a guy who had been there for FIVE years
>painted mandalas all day, kept a journal
>I heard that they tried to release him but he didn't want to go
>very astute

I met some friends in there though.

btw I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia, OCD, Major Depression, Substance Abuse, and Autism
>>
>>26843227
Avoid that. If you say you're suicidal or homicidal you will go in an ambulance
>>
>Attempt suicide at 17
>Go to psych ward
>I honestly love it there
>Whacky people and a nice strict schedule
>18 year old dindu comes
>Scary mother fucker, glazed eyes, massive case of schizo
>Immediately targets some kid who butts in on every conversation
>Suddenly one night he lunges at this kid
>Kid takes off like a jack rabbit, was impressive to see honestly
>Security tackles him as he chases after this poor child, but not before he punches clean through reinforced glass in anger
>Cops come and take him away
Seemed nice enough for a crazy nigger, didn't care I was a tranny or nothing.
>>
>>26843254
>tranny
Are you cute?
>>
>>26843270
People say so, but that's unrelated to the thread anon
>>
>>26843243
well I'm both of those so...yeah..
>>
>>26843308
Should probably just admit yourself then
>>
Had the time of my life when I was there. Admitted 3 days before Halloween, fingerbanged a hot heroin addict teen chick under the table whilst we played cards right Infront of the counselors, abused adderall and seroquel, ate good food and watched scared straight all day. Wrestled my roommate and kicked his ass thus reinforcing my domination and becoming alpha male of the psych ward. Upon release ingested full bottle of robitussin and 4 grams of shrooms and had the best Halloween ever. Fuck you secluded, ugly, obese robots. Don't even have a mental illness I just got admitted for fits of rage
>>
Man I've been in a ward 2 times in my life.

>21
>tried to kill myself slitting my wrist
>sent to ward
>had a room to myself due to being admitted at night
>while waiting to be admitted "1000 ways to die" was on. Kek
>people are pretty chill
>remember two chicks
>one was this qt 3.14 asian
>she had a mental breakdown.
>scizophrenia or something
>randomly in her own world
>always wanted chinese food because food provided sucked
>she was pretty nice
>other girl was severely bipolar
>one moment she was calm
>next moment she'd lash out.
>saw her restrained and put in an isolation room a few times
>she had a white trash life vibe to her, but wasn't bad looking.
>mainly hug around those two.
>>
>>26843577
>be admitted again to new place
>be 23
>first night I'm put in a a room with a white dude in his 40s or 50s
>guy always wears a militant type jacket.
>whatever
>sleep
>wake up super early to sound of the guy whipping coffee creamer around the room
>he starts talking to what I thought was himself
>your heart might be good but your skin is black
>mfw thatsracist.gif
>fucking jump out of bed and find nurse
>they get some people and calm him the fuck down
>get own room again
>place is pretty chill
>actually get real help this time
>meet some cool people
>one dude was an accountant at a big company
>27 or so
>he had really bad anxiety
>he seemed like the kind of guy who would have it together
>told me about his life and shit
>real cool bro
>his roommate in the ward was a bro too.
>there was a 15 year old girl there
>not very attractive
>2/10
>she was raped a ton and sold around by he dad
>she had a hard time talking with people
>later on wed talk some out side of the ward, but she got clingy and wanted me to be her boyfriend
>cut that shit off
>some of the chick's there were pretty cute
>most were there for suicide attempts or anxiety
>my favorite thing was convicting the staff to let us have an extra hour of tv time for Breaking Bad
>got all the people I made friends with hyped.
>every was totally into the show

That's the last time I went to a ward. They put me on meds and they helped keep me stable. It's odd because whenever I think of a calm place I think of the second ward. I had no responsibility and everything was provided for me. It was a safe place. I kinda didn't want to leave when all was over. Miss it sometimes but never want to end up there again.
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 1222x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 1222x851
1st time: 5250, cocaine psychosis

2nd time: held indefinitely, 45 days for psychosis and suicide attempt

Got sober though and now am posting from my office in a school

Pic is play therapy with 6th grade ADHD diagnosed boy, splitting between good and evil with trickster archetypes above both sides watching
>>
>>26842642
awwwww thats so sweet anon
>>
>>26842165
I was picked up in downtown by the cops with a gram of ron on me. The judge told me I can go to the psych for a week "to treat your addiction and find meds to keep you from going back" or I can go to prison for 3 weeks. I have until the end of this week to make up my mind and turn myself in. Leaning towards the psych honestly, especially after reading a lot of stories here and people saying it's not that bad. Now all I need to do is find a thread about prison stories so I can make a fully informed decision.
>>
Are you from Northern Virginiia OP? Have you been to Dominion?

I was diagnosed manic depressive at 13, was having slight delusions but was medicated early enough that I've never had an episode. Never been to a psych ward either. I'm still a little eccentric, but I guess I'm what most of you would consider normie, but I'm not a douche bag. I've never really been intimate with anyone either, I'm scared that women will either judge me, or start to think I'm weird once things get personal. I just smoke weed to repress my sexual desires instead of getting past my fear, it's unhealthy but it works for me.
>>
>>26842165
Fuck, I'm going to one in April. Apparently it's a nice one though. I get my own room with an ensuite and it's just a depression place so they should be pretty tame. Lol private healthcare
>>
>>26843270
>tranny
>cute
Pick one
>>
>>26842165

Schizo roommate, was cool but he always screamed that he wanted more orange juice in the middle of the night, was fucking annoying.

Totally medicated schizo's who slept all day, fat.

Cute girl--actually really hot--who never said much and just walked the halls.

Schizo Jew who walked the halls and talked with me, was cool.

Mood swingy black dude, tiny but kept saying he would fuck my shit up

Me, anxiety+depression+alcohol withdrawal + suicidal threats
>>
>>26843143

yeah i was in a ward where they pretty much handed out the ativan and the librium like they were candy. fucking rocked, i felt pretty damn great the whole time i was there.
>>
>>26844938

come to think of it there was also a really hot girl with me in this long-term depression/anxiety treatment place i was in...BPD for her. a lot of girls with BPD are hot it seems
>>
>>26843323
i doubt that'd help with anything
>>
>>26843254
>tranny
>attempt suicide
I thought this was a meme
>>
who /rockford/ in newark delaware?
>>
File: B-Team.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
B-Team.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
Only been there once to see my mother. Very depressing to visit, that much I can say.
>>
>>26845114
Have you not read the stats on them. Like over 70% of them kill themselves by their 30s.
>>
>>26842165
I met one of my best friends in the ward, we were roomates in the first short term place and the transfer place. He stays with us now, years later, became like an adopted family member. The teen place was pretty alright, the people mostly weren't recidivists of the mental health system, they were fresh and open to getting better. The adult place is more of a place of dispair and sorrow, where most who linger are ill fated. Besides the schizos most people seemed relatively normal, I think socially awkward and upset more tham average, but that's it. I have met a lot of crazy people outside of the ward, I think everyone is crazy. The most normal people that I meet are vacuous.
>>
do any of you guys think about doing something "dramatic" ? the past few days I've been thinking of taking one of the knives in kitchen and stabbing myself in the stomach in front of my gram and dad while laughing my ass off.
>>
>>26843901
Prison or jail? Yuge difference
>>
>>26842165
>all the fucking people talking about having cute girls in their wards...I hate you
>spent a month in an all-male asylum in Eastern Europe
>full of lunatics
>Catholic priest looking like serial killer that tried to lecture me on keeping up neat appearance
>an old guy who tried to go home because "his wife was waiting" that got beaten up by security every single time
>guy that would wander aimlessly mumbling under his nose
>poor teen turned into a semi-vegetable by treatment. mommy didn't love him so she sent him to asylum/prison the first time he told her he wanted to kill himself
> corrupt wardens smuggling booze and cigarettes
>catchphrase "they always return"
>>
>>26842450
Fuck you scum bag
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.