[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think shooting yourself in the head would feel like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: Favim.com-9308.jpg (19 KB, 410x499) Image search: [Google]
Favim.com-9308.jpg
19 KB, 410x499
What do you think shooting yourself in the head would feel like? Try to describe it as best you can.
>>
>>26837895
Extremely painful and terrifying.

Probably a mixture or regret and fear while you bleed out.
>>
>>26837895

I would shoot my heart not my head
>>
>>26837895
If you get it right, not that painful at all. maybe an instant of pain as your eardrums blow out and the bullet penetrates your skull. but after that you seize up and die
>>
I would imagine it would feel like small electric storms with cold and hot shocks going all over my body and brain.
>>
>>26837895
People postulate that if you hit the brain stem death is instant and painless, as it controls vital functions and reflexes.

Even if it's not instant, it's 100% guaranteed, so that's that.
>>
File: 1454104845686.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1454104845686.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
>>26837915
Anyone who would feel regret or fear is still a pathetic faggot or a semi-normie for having any doubts about ending themselves. As such, these people deserve exactly to die with these feelings.

As for pain, come on dude. It's a shot to the brain. Instakill. What, scared of one millionth of second's worth of jolt before you stop existing?
>>
File: 98324895.jpg (117 KB, 503x341) Image search: [Google]
98324895.jpg
117 KB, 503x341
most people who get shot say it's like a bee sting or a really hot burning sensation
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 987x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 987x1000
>>26837895
I don't know what kind of shot we're talking about here, but if I were to shoot myself in the head, I'd use my shotgun. I'd imagine you would feel or hear a pop and then comes the blackness. There's just nothing, no pain, no thoughts, absolute blankness and nothing.
>>
File: 1448927842813.gif (826 KB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1448927842813.gif
826 KB, 696x478
>>26838386
Atleast Death will never leave us alone. It welcomes us.
>>
>>26838386
this. But why a shotgun?

Also, if I was to shoot myself, how long would it take for me to die from bleeding out?
>>
>>26839465
shotgun will fuck you up the hardest, pretty much guaranteed death
>>
>>26839568
wouldn't it be harder to use?
>>
>>26840918
no just point it at yourself and pull the trigger
>>
>>26841093
I actually have one right now.

I'll try it now, nothing like a surprise suicide to cheer a guy up :)
>>
S@lty milk and coinssss
>>
>>26838133
>instakill

Depending on caliber and method, some people take hours to die from a gunshot wound to the head. Don't talk about shit you know nothing about
>>
What's the best way to do it without pain and with sure death with a glock?
>>
>>26837895
I would put a shotgun in my mouth at a 45 degree angle and pull the trigger. My brain stem would be pureed before my brain even had time to process the sound of the bullets, let alone feel any pain.
>>
>>26841822
Not with a glock, for starters
>>
Depends on weither it would be a perfect shot that would not leave me lying around for a few minutes with a leaking skull or not.
If it would be an immediate kill, i would imagine a light explosion, similar to what you see if you close your eyes and rub your eyeballs for a while, just 100 times that intense and for less than a second i would feel pain that, if you could measure it on a speedometer, would cause the arrow to break. Then nothing.

If it took longer and kept me conscious, i would have a complete mind-shift of regret and panic, because i would witness changing from being normal to retarded or would suddenly be unable to move bodyparts, survival instincts would kick in and i would have to feel bleeding out, unable to get myself out of the situatian while witnessing my mind shutting off.
>>
>>26841470
It'll be instakill, no pain whatsoever, you hear a gunshot and boom you-re dead
>>
>>26841822
Buy a gun that's not made out of plastic. Or tweak it and change it to the fully auto glock 18 and then fire several rounds into your head.
>>
>>26841978
I think he's gone, anon.

the robot is an idiot, original.
>>
>>26841978
retarded piece of shit using the word "instakill" again, go disfigure yourself with birdshot
>>
>>26837895
>loud bang that would burst my eardrums
>gigantic impact felt in bullet entry point
>might feel pain, but only for the briefest second
>abyss
I also feel like time would slow down.
Then the DMT in my brain would release and I'd trip the fuck out and see cool/scary shit then die.
>>
>>26839465
Scatters shot will destroy your skull.
No chance of survival
>>
>>26842463
>Then the DMT in my brain would release

No.
>>
>>26841978
you dont even hear the gunshot
>>
>>26843456
Sound is faster than the bullet, so yes I would, stupid faggot.
>>26843382
Ebin
>>
>>26843580
>Sound is faster than the bullet, so yes I would, stupid faggot.

the brain isn't
>>
>>26837915
Really painful for 5 seconds
>>
Hypothetically, if I should myself through the heart and then the back of the head, would that guarantee I don't come back? What if I drank a shit-ton alcohol and took a retarded high dose of asprin to thin the blood out?

My greatest fear of attempting suicide is that normies will rush in and get me to a hospital and then I'd be a wheelchair bound tard staring at walls for the rest of my miserable life.
>>
>>26843681
I mean you would feel pretty fucked up once you shoot yourself in the heart, it would be difficult to pick up the gun again and aim/shoot yourself in the head.
>>
File: 1456637319078.jpg (35 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
1456637319078.jpg
35 KB, 658x370
>>26837895
Loud, and being smacked in the head with something very very very very hard, but with a small surface density. Like a guy with a 8 ft pole with a 2 inch diameter supported by slick beams, on a track. RAMMING it from the other side really fucking fast into my head.

That and a hot burning pinching sensation all in that spot.

I'm not sure what happens after that
>>
>>26843608
Neurons move faster than a bullet.
Read a textbook, faggot
>>
>>26837895
That's the nastiest way to kill yourself senpai, all the gore that exploded into the wall and ceiling. When they come to clean up your body they'll have to scrape off your brain chunks off the wall and pick up your skull fragments. Not to mention the carpet and what else gets splattered with blood.
>>
you wouldn't feel anything. you basically immediately black out.

just think about how a punch can knock a person out, then multiply that force by like 20 and condense it into something the size of a peanut. that's what a bullet is.

you probably won't really register the sound of the bullet exploding either, maybe for like a tenth of a second before you black out.

kind of unrelated, but there's a reason they say "it's the silent one that kills you." the bullet travels faster than the speed of sound, so you get hit before you hear it.
>>
File: 893289328932.jpg (23 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
893289328932.jpg
23 KB, 630x354
>>26844130
>all the gore that exploded into the wall and ceiling.

>what is seclusion?
>what is a forest?

>where is a place where you can guarantee you will probably not be found by anyone of concern of you or found at all?
>>
>>26843681
12 gauge barrel in mouth is the way to do it, it's not rocket science
>>
>>26844006
Nerve impulses are slower than sound. You're thinking of electrical signals.
>>
>>26844130
>When they come to clean up your body they'll have to scrape off your brain chunks off the wall and pick up your skull fragments

Nope, life isn't a movie.
>>
>>26837895
Depends. If done correctly, with a high powered round or fairly big caliber, you don't feel any pain, your brain stops working before it can register the pain of your skull being destroyed.
If done with a low calibre like a .22 round or with a bad aim or trajectory you could inflict serious and instant injury. The pain of the wound will be tremendous, but there is something far worse to consider.
Regardless of if the wound heals or if you're on painkillers, this failed method of suicide will have a permanent effect: brain damage. Your brain will have diminished capability and you will very likely not be able to function. If you're lucky you try to commit suicide by shotgun and just lose your face. Surgery can somewhat fix that. Brain surgeons can't replace lost brain parts, and reversing brain damage is very difficult.
TLDR: If successful, no pain. If unsuccessful, extreme pain until healed with a possibility of minor to severe brain damage.
>>
File: 1451631485771.jpg (67 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
1451631485771.jpg
67 KB, 397x525
>>26844130
Depends on the type of weapon, dumbass. The aftermath can end up looking like a hole in the head with blood draining from it, to a big chunk of the skull blown off.
>>
True, complete death of the brain comes when it ceases to receive oxygen - this guarantees complete, equal damage of all parts of the brain.

We can assume with a none devastating high velocity weapon used at point blank that, assuming you don't destroy completely the brainstem that you may continue to live, although likely unconscious, with severe brain damage, for some time, until the feed of oxygen to the brain is significantly disrupted, either through heavy bleeding or a somehow delayed catastrophic failure of the brains function based on the damage.

This is why sometimes people survive clean gunshot wounds to the larger sections of the brain.

In short, starvation of oxygen guarantees ultimate destruction of the self, but a gunshot wound may not be good and how it feels may vary from death before you're even aware or excrutiating death in a way you cannot even comprehend without having a chunk of your head ripped out first.
>>
>>26844374
are there any stats on how often people survive getting shot in the head?

I'd imagine it's really low. Unless they get immediate care they'd probably eventually bleed out.
>>
>>26844499
If I wasn't drunk as shit, I'd go look some up for you, but I think there are some stats out there for you.

Be suspicious of the source though, a lot of anti-suicide campaigners like the make it seem less successful than it is, but I've read asphyxiation is the most successful way and as such it is used by most western coutries as an information extraction method for good reason - suffocation is your everything dying at once, this is also why we would prefer hanging for execution, it is somewhat humane and thorough compared to the success of other methods, beheading for example, where famous examples of up to a minute of life remaining in you, severed from your body.
>>
>>26844499
>getting shot in the head
survival rate is not that low
>shooting yourself in the head
survival rate is pretty damn low
>>
>>26844499
There were those stats in Geo Stone's suicide and attempted suicide manual. I read it long time ago but i remember around 95% with a shotgun, and 90% with an handgun chances to be declared dead by paramedics or die at hospital. Most of the remaining chances are to get severe brain damage.
Well, i think the best option is going into the woods, kill yourself and hope nobody will find you for enough time. Doctors often try to save you also if you have no recovery hope, and they will let you be a vegetable for the rest of your life
>>
>>26837895
I imagine you will feel a strong pain in your head just for a bunch of seconds. The most difficult part is pressing a gun against your head and think about what is going to happen
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.