[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you afraid of, /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
What are you afraid of, /r9k/?
>>
The outside world
Other people
Being alone on my 21st birthday
Death
Pain
That guy with the crazy eyes from Who Framed Roger Rabbit
>>
Losing my memory. Needing someone else to take care of me. Having the "one" and emotionally trusting them.

The good news is that one of those fears is truly impossible and won't come true, so I'll never have to deal with it.
>>
>>26826917
I'm afraid of getting emotionally attached. I'm afraid of finding a reason to live only to lose it again.
>>
>>26827272
Isn't the reason to live to experience life?
>>
>>26827293
So what happens when you feel like you've experienced enough of it to have formed your opinion? Are you meant to just kill yourself because you've had enough of the experience or what? Not suicidal, but is the meaning of life just experiencing it, and when you've experienced the variety of spices life has to offer you're just meant to keep searching for new experiences until you finally roll over and die?
>>
>>26827034
>That guy with the crazy eyes from Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Fuck judge doom is scary as shit anon.
>>
>spiders
>niggers moving to my white state and destroying my neighborhood
>the one women I meet and feel attachment to accusing me of rape/leaving me for some stupid reason like being "too nice"
not all blacks are niggers but all niggers aren't human
>>
File: 1413788577916.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1413788577916.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
>>26826917
Mediocrity
Failure
An easy life
Being content
Being emotionally attached to anything
Being dependent on anything
>>
>>26827340
Might be a bit too moody and highfalutin for this place, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU0PYcCsL6o
>>
>>26827987
It's a shame all those dreams seem to have been lost in my memory, then. At least then I'd have had a reason to dream that something so wild happens that it slaps me with so much negativity.

I've had enough experiences with this one. A world in which things are out of my control, sure that's this reality and yeah there are possibilities out there for more positive times, but I'm done with trial and error. I'm tired, just not suicidal. Give me a life in which I lack sentience and I'm just told to do a warehouse job without feeling anything. I'll take that one over this, really. I have so many years to go.
>>
>>26828274
>I'm tired, just not suicidal. Give me a life in which I lack sentience and I'm just told to do a warehouse job without feeling anything. I'll take that one over this, really. I have so many years to go.

Funny you say that, I have a video for that quote too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ7Y1-0bNeQ
>>
>>26826917
I'm afraid of pretty much everything senpai

please kill me
>>
Aliens, honestly.

The though of intelligent beings more intelligent than humans that are intentionally trying to remain hidden scare the fuck out of me.
>>
>>26828315
But that's just it. This has become a life where I can't really find what it is I want to do, I can only wait it out until it naturally ends. I have no desire, and I'm so tired of trial and error to find something I can enjoy. If I was stripped of all sentience and just set to a task until it ended, I'd even be unaware of just how long it's taking. These are a lot of years to wait out, but I don't want to go through trial and error to find something to enjoy. That's enough experiences, that's enough passing moments of interest, gripping moments of sadness and long bouts of grey. A short life filled with pleasure isn't what this one had even a glimmer of being. Its joys come from passing, trivial distractions that cannot be held onto for very long at all. It's just a ton of experiences and the end result is "yeah, I didn't care for any of those. Guess I need to find something else" and then it gets the same result. Trial and error is tiring. Enough attempts of it, I just need to pass time until I naturally die now. I can congratulate the people that find what they desire, find their joy and their happiness and all. I just resign.
>>
Exposure.

Large underwater turbines or propellers.
Large heavy industrial complexes.
>>
>>26828655
Seems like depression.

" If I was stripped of all sentience and just set to a task until it ended, I'd even be unaware of just how long it's taking."

What would be the point, when even that wouldn't matter in the end? After all, in the end, all we have are our experiences. It doesn't matter what you contribute, it doesn't matter what you accomplish, it doesn't matter how you spend it, your life is still just the culmination of your experiences.

Even as you sit here in an abysmal waste, that is still an experience, whether you'd like to admit it or not (or enjoy it or not).

It's not until you come close to death that you realize how much you actually appreciate (had 3 near death experiences, one was a car accident, one was a child-hood head injury, the other was almost drowning in the ocean).

P.S. You wouldn't happen to be drinking a lot of caffeine, soda, or energy drinks, would you? (Or abusing pills or drugs)
>>
File: azu.png (363 KB, 740x523) Image search: [Google]
azu.png
363 KB, 740x523
>heights
>tight enclosed spaces (every time I read about that guy who got trapped head first in that cave and died I want to cry)
>big insects
>talking on the phone
>talking to women, they're intimidating and they think I'm weird and they're right
>asking strangers for help
>small talk
>going to the gym when it's busy
>going to a new place and getting lost
>getting killed in an auto accident
>disappointing my parents
>getting kidnapped
>big needles
>people laughing around me because I think they're laughing at me
>saying something wrong or embarrassing, or stuttering/misspeaking
>using my microphone in a videogame
>taking pictures of myself
>having to introduce myself in front of new people
>public speaking
>letting people down
>rejection
>abandonment
>my own mortality
>>
Sounds like you're a little cutie who needs someone to protect them :3c~
>>
My GF leaving me
>>
>dying without having ever found love
>dying of a brain aneurysm in my sleep (my mother died this way, also the idea of dying without knowing it terrifies the fuck out of me)
>dying shortly after having achieved happiness
>dying in general
>>
>>26828962
>talking on the phone
>talking to women, they're intimidating and they think I'm weird and they're right
>asking strangers for help
>small talk
>going to the gym when it's busy
>going to a new place and getting lost
>people laughing around me because I think they're laughing at me
>saying something wrong or embarrassing, or stuttering/misspeaking
>using my microphone in a videogame
>taking pictures of myself
>having to introduce myself in front of new people
>public speaking
>letting people down
>rejection

Same desu senpai
>>
>>26828884
No, I haven't touched any of the sort. Yes, it's a culmination of experiences, but it's a culmination I'm not enjoying and give up finding more to maybe enjoy. Why it would matter is that I'd be unaware of anything else, I wouldn't even truly be experiencing anything at that point other than a blank screen. While sentient, I'm experiencing how long it's taking after having given up. That's all there is, me having given up because I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of experiences taking place and just wait through the various ones I can't prevent until I finally, naturally, die. That's all I have in store, experiences I can't avoid while waiting for it to end because I don't wish to kill myself.

The life of a non-sentient tool is that which is, essentially, a life on auto pilot that will just go on without needing to like or dislike anything. It's just doing its job until it's time to be replaced. There's no having to try anymore, it just does.
>>
>>26826917
being proven wrong in public. especially at school.
>>
>>26828274
>Give me a life in which I lack sentience and I'm just told to do a warehouse job without feeling anything. I'll take that one over this, really. I have so many years to go.

Don't you get it? You already had a life like that.
And right at the time you posted you probably started having too. Maybe you will still have it in the future.
And by "you", I mean the right-now-you.

Understand: there are an actual infinity of yous leading an infinite number of different lifes.
For largely different to slighty different. An infinite variety.

For example: there's one you in one of these parallel universes (more like and infinite number of "ghost car" from those race games) in the same universe all the time together for ever and since always, that just died from a sudden hearth attack ironically before being able to click to send the post. And in this universe of him there's an afterlife and he will lead the exact life he asked for. Obviously, to enjoy that life it's needed for him to forget that he had such a shitty previous life.

"Well, I want to have a life were I remember my previous life!" Some people do, but we don't believe them. See?

And right now a new parallel universe is born were you go and fulffil that: be reborn in a life with the memory of the previous one,

Whatever you think of different lifes, you create them, just not for THE YOU THAT CREATED THEM BUT DIDN'T FOLLOWED THEM.

"I want to create and follow it! I want a dream were I'm aware I'm God again"

You can do, but you have to believe you can do it simply by TRULY believing it, at a deep level.

A level so deep you'll only reach it at the exact time you turn into God IN THIS TIMELINE.
>>
>>26829254
It's a belief level so deep that the level just before it is crazy different, so you will never even know "I'm almost there!" since that felling could mean you're far away and you never know it.

You get it or you don't.

That's enlightnment.

Becoming God.

Don't be afraid, you can "unbecome God".

Some people achieve enlightnement but choose to fall back to uncrontrolled life.

It's not that cool being God.

You have to be in control ALL THE TIME.

Imagine you can make your mouse float, but in order to do that you have to focus entirelly on that, so as that you don't actually enjoy it, because "enjoying it" and "doing it" are different states of mind and even being a God you still have ONE mind. Well, that's actually very important.

There's only one God. You. And everybody else (when you're being them in timelines were you reading this is just an extra supposed to read this and not much more.

There's always one aware God in each timeline.

When you deny it, it's not you (but actually is, in know, in the other sense).

When you ACCEPT IT (BELIEVING FOR REAL)you become God and the "previous" one in your God-timeline was just an extra.

See?

Isn't it neat?

Don't be bad you can't believe it. At least you can create cool universes for others yous.

It's the old "think good things". Also the old "you create your reality" and all that.

WAKE UP, GOD =)
>>
>>26829111
Your biggest assumption isn't that you will never find what interests you, but that you will die a natural death.

Your death could happen at any moment, from any thing.

I can't "make you" do anything, but I can offer a recommendation.

Force yourself into something you fear. Whether it be going on a walk alone at night, speaking in public, or being involved in a public event. If there's one thing that I know can always motivate someone, it's fear.
>>
>>26829494
The God in me salutes the God in you.
>>
>>26828962
this is cute if you're a girl, otherwise see a therapist
>>
>>26829571
I'm not a girl, and I am actually in therapy. Some of them are more crippling than others. Some of them are just "this makes me panicky" and others are "I CANNOT do this".
>>
>>26829494
Unfortunately, to be motivated by fear would require any of >>26827109 these to be a reality. You could put me in a tub full of snakes or bugs and I wouldn't freak out. And sure, natural death is an assumption but I am just using it for the example. It's the longest it would take, realistically
>>
>>26829649
>snakes or bugs

Why not try Bungee Jumping?
>>
>>26829706
Sure, guess I'll book a ticket at Middlesbrough
>>
File: 1439420253356.jpg (254 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1439420253356.jpg
254 KB, 900x900
>>26829571

>this is cute if you're a girl
>otherwise see a therapist

Proof men have life on mega triple ultra hyper spree killing warranted super hard mode
>>
>>26829751
Can't tell if sarcasm or not.

>book a ticket

You can do it relatively anywhere, so long as you do the proper measurements for cord length, drop height, and have someone with you to pull you back up.
>>
>>26829855
No, I'm serious, but I think paying would be the better experience. It'll be the 300ft (Middlesbrough wasn't an ideal time, Windsor's 300ft is later this month) jump as an experience, and also the experience of paying for the adrenaline. If I actually pay for a ticket, I won't get cold feet closer to the time because it'd have been an incredible waste of money.
>>
File: cry.gif (280 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
280 KB, 450x338
>>26826917
Dying completely and utterly alone and never truly knowing the love of a human female.
>>
>>26827034
HES A TOON
>>
>>26827034
REMEMBER ME EDDIE?
WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER
I TALKED
JUST
THIIIIIIS
>>
>>26826917
That the last stages of my life where I plan to die, don't go as smoothly as I plan.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.