[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic related is a bunch of upper middle class students who attend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: Irony is Dead.png (590 KB, 1194x629) Image search: [Google]
Irony is Dead.png
590 KB, 1194x629
Pic related is a bunch of upper middle class students who attend a very expensive college.
>>
File: Satire is Dead.png (29 KB, 557x386) Image search: [Google]
Satire is Dead.png
29 KB, 557x386
She wanted to have a cutesy bubble gum quotation to go with her pic but wanted to also appear smart.
>>
File: 1444361887654.jpg (58 KB, 428x660) Image search: [Google]
1444361887654.jpg
58 KB, 428x660
>>26818366
>>26818444

Makes me want to explode
>>
the one in the blue dress looks alright, where is this?
>>
File: Shame is Dead.png (12 KB, 335x97) Image search: [Google]
Shame is Dead.png
12 KB, 335x97
lol muh intellectual references.

lel muh pho-nihilism
>>
>>26818366
>>26818444
>>26818553

This is all very cringey, but your autism is probably worse.

Where do these people go to school?
>>
>>26818577
that's the point he conceals his power level.

These morons are just ridiculous. It's just sad
>>
>>26818609
Whats ridiculous about it? They live up to the white middle class meme.
>>
>>26818577
I agree, my "autism" is definitely worse. But the girl who posted the OP picture is still the worst type of evil -- completely oblivious and perfunctory.

>>26818551
>>26818577
Why do you guys want to know the school? I'm not sure if I want to give up that information.
>>
>>26818577
>>26818609
Why do you feel the need to be passive aggressive? Does making fun of people, who would probably kick shit in your face because you'd be seen as lower class, trigger you so much? You're the autistic ones.
>>
>>26818669
>Why do you guys want to know the school?

So I don't go to a school like that or any school near there. Those people make me want to puke.
>>
>>26818653
Nietzsche kind of night??

What the fuck does that even mean?? Have the people appointed to naming parties ran out of ideas??

But i guess they are pointing at Nietzsche's love for irony, although i don't think they are that smart
>>
Nietzsche was a hack, and was driven insane by his failed philosophy.
>>
File: 1446441061328.png (193 KB, 392x348) Image search: [Google]
1446441061328.png
193 KB, 392x348
>>26818690

Quoting a respectable philosopher just for the sake of appearing intelligent

you seem triggered my friend have a tea
>>
>>26818690
>who would probably kick shit in your face because you'd be seen as lower class

Lol. That's what those kids are. Kids of moderately wealthy parents that didnt even send them to a proper prep school.
>>
>>26818669
Tell us what part of the world it is in then.

East Coast, New England, West Coast, Australia?
>>
>>26818712
Don't go to any Liberal Arts College then.
>>
>pretentious preps and yuppies

snobs are all fucking weird
>>
>>26818444
I kinda like this actually. It'll only trip you up if all you know of the guy is the stuff that edgy autists know
>>
>>26818948
>>26818941
West Coast, but from what I have seen, all liberal arts colleges are like this.
>>
>>26818948
I was actually thinking if I could do it over again, I would go to a small lib arts school.

I went to a big state school, earned my (worthless) degree, made 0 lasting friendships, didnt get any letters of rec from my professors (was a good student but didnt get to know any of my profs well), and now I'm totally lost, and stuck in near min wage part time jobs for the foreseeable future..
>>
>>26818366
literally what the fuck is that even supposed to mean
>>
>>26818981
>>26818718
I don't know, I think "Nietzsche" evokes the Ubermensch and Jew morality first and foremost.The really painful underlying irony of the picture + caption is, deep down, she believes that her life of easy hedonism afforded to her by her parents somehow constitutes some transcendent morality. She believes she is the Ubermensch. She believes she is above the Jew morality. Really, she's just an oblivious poser. And in trying to be cutesy and smart, she accidentally revealed this repulsive side of herself.

And I'm not just making this shit up. I know these people.
>>
>>26818982
Despite common belief, it is easier to get recommendation letters at big state schools than at liberal arts schools.
>>
>>26819336
I think she just googled "philosophers", picked a random name and posted that to sound smart
>>
How the fuck is this Nietzschean?
>>
>>26819336
Jew morality isn't a thing for nietzche though, The Hebrews had a master morality until Christianity turned it into a slave morality.
>>
>>26819470
Not sure it's p Dionysian either.
>>
>>26819336

Thanks for elaborating that.
Makes perfect sense.

Philosophy is not something to post on facebook for everyone to see.... you read it and ponder and try to understand that point of view on morality life sex or what ever, by posting a quote that you most certainly have no idea what it means you reveal yourself as a wannabe "humble smart"

Unless she has a Ph.D, she should not be posting....

But i guess it's asking too much now

also what do you mean i know these people??, are you school mates somehow?
>>
>>26818444
I find it hard to believe that Nietzsche actually said that.
>>
>>26819507
I meant slave morality. I read "On the Genealogy of Morality" a while ago and got the name confused. (To be fair, it's a pretty reasonable mistake; Nietzsche shits on the Jews a lot.)
>>
sounds like typical college freshmen who took their first philosophy elective.

self-indulgent, but harmless.
>>
>>26818553
God I hate this shit
>>
>>26819649
I disagree. Yes, she is a college freshman, but this type of bullshit is pervasive among all years at the college in question. And it's a prestigious school. Many who attend will work for the government.
>>
IN THIS FUCKING THREAD, PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY NEVER READ ANY OF NIETZSCHE'S WORK AND ARE STILL FALLING FOR THE NIETZSCHE IS NIHILISM MEME.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GO FUCKING READ THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA AND GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>26818553
Faux-nihilism, senpai. But I completely agree with you.
>>
>>26818553
is that meant to say faux-nihilism is it like phoney-ilism?
>>
>>26819807
Georgetown? GW?
>>
>>26819829
Who in this thread has fallen for the Nietzsche is nihilism meme? I think only the girl in >>26818553
fell for that meme.

>>26819893
Whoops, you're right. I type that word so infrequently I forget it has a French spelling.
>>
>>26819893
>>26819918
lol samesies
>>
File: holden.jpg (246 KB, 434x348) Image search: [Google]
holden.jpg
246 KB, 434x348
Motherfucking phonies everywhere
>>
>>26819934
They are at least evidently falling for the Nietzsche wasn't used and transformed by the Nazi as a way to HELP THE CAUSE, and legit believe the dude was really against things he wasn't. The dude was just used ffs. He was a fucking humanist who just wanted to be comfy. Get fucking over it.
>>
>>26819997
Sure, but I'm still not sure who is making this mistake. Is it because I called Nietzsche's slave morality "Jew morality"? Is it because I said Nietzsche shits on the Jews a lot? or something else?
>>
>>26819934
That's okay, I feel like a prick for correcting you, anyway. I fucking hate people who do that in real life. And I went to school with exactly the types of people you're describing. Rich, smug cunts living off of daddy's money and pursuing a garbage degree to make up for their complete lack of creativity, drive, talent, or work ethic. They use words like "erroneous" in every conversation to remind you, just in case you weren't painfully aware, that they went to a PRIVATE high school and are so much smarter than you! Oh, and they're all Marxist liberals. Jesus wept.
>>
just a reminder that rich people cannot be robots
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.