[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is two dollars a good tip for a pizza guy? Pizza Hut says he'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: Pizza-Guy.jpg (44 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
Pizza-Guy.jpg
44 KB, 670x409
Is two dollars a good tip for a pizza guy?
Pizza Hut says he'll be here in 20 minutes.
>>
>>26816035
yeah thats pretty good.
>>
>>26816035
nigga 0 is acceptable in my country
>>
>>26816035
$4 minimum. Anything less you are a greedy jew shitbag.
>>
>>26816135
Also fuck any retards who are against tipping. Yes, the restaraunt industry is evil and doesn't pay people a living wage, but you're going on to take it out on some poor bastard who drove your food to your house in his own car? Just tip you whiny kike.
>>
>>26816160
but im broker than those drivers
>>
File: belly.jpg (90 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
belly.jpg
90 KB, 700x565
$1 per pizza is the most that is recommended in america
>>
>>26816135
This, More if you saved a fuckload on coupons
>>
I don't tip at all, if you want to earn more money go to college
>>
>>26816194
then don't fucking order from places where you know you'll have to tip

go to mcdonalds or something
>>
>>26816035
I give $3-5 depending on distance/traffic. Sometimes less if they have a nice car.
>>
>>26816237
i dont have to tip no matter what. i do sometimes but not always
>>
>>26816237
Even at Mcdonalds, it's generally a good idea to throw a buck into the tip jar before they start preparing your order,

It helps to make sure you get something freshly prepared.
>>
I just give the pizza guy a slice
>>
>>26816237
>then don't fucking order from places where you know you'll have to tip
you don't have to tip faggot
>>
>>26816272
>tipping McCucks
>>
>>26816035
Just double the sales tax.
>>
>>26816160
He's getting paid to drive his car to my house how retarded are you people, do you tip the mailman or Pepsi trucks?
>>
>>26816400
this why the fuck would you tip at a fast food place?
>>
>>26816035
Pizza Hut has a driver's fee that you already paid for, you don't need to tip
>>
>>26816467
>tip the mailman
Of course you do; same with the garbage man. You do it around Christmas.
>>
>>26816194
Then don't order delivery, faggot. Save money.
>>
>>26816035
10% before taxes/fees or $2, whichever is larger.

Except if they have an egregious delivery fee, e.g. at least $5. Then I might decrease tip to $1.
>>
>>26816516
Delivery fees are to cover some gas. A lot of places take money from the delivery fee. Don't be a jew.
>>
Minimum $5 or drive your own lazy ass to the pizza place. Maggot.

>former pizza driver
>>
>>26816160
>its your responsibility to pay the part of his salary which his eployer chooses not to
>>
>>26816194
>Poorer than a pizza chain delivery driver.
>Ordering out.

Water u doing?

One can easily feed himself breakfast, lunch and dinner for about $5 a day.
>>
>>26816627
>>former pizza driver
I like how you said this as if it didn't take credibility away from you, Jew.
>>
>>26816635
>its your responsibility to pay the part of his salary which his employer chooses not to

Exactly; that is the social contract we have adopted in the US. If you fail to do so, you are not holding up to your societal obligations and will be though of as an inferior member of society.
>>
>>26816160
Even if they give you $3/h, you act like an entitled cunt for wanting $4
Maybe do your job you lazy shit and you'll get more than those $3
Even if people give you only $1, you have to service 4 and a half people to gain the minimum wage.
>>
File: guess who.webm (245 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
guess who.webm
245 KB, 500x500
>>26816689
its odd that the US is more or less the only western country which has that norm, atleast to that extent. the restaurant owners are obviously those who get the better end of that deal. now guess who owns the restaurants.
>>
> 4chan tip thread disintegrates into people bitching and arguing about tipping.
Glad to see nothing has changed in the 6 years I've been lurking.
>>
File: 1444719951967.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1444719951967.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
>>26816814
>tipping thread "derails" into discussing tipping
u wot
>>
>>26816960
The guy simply asked if 2$ was enough. But of course it changed into the moral dilemmas we've all ready 800 times.
>>
Delivery driver here. 1-2 dollars is fine. I've had drunk rednecks tip me $10 and had niggers ask for exact change after paying with a hundred. As long as you toss some money my way, it's all good.

Also, as another Anon said, most places skim off the top of the delivery charge. For example, my place takes a dollar off every delivery. Other places take more.

tl;Dr fuck you give me money. Not asking for $5 a delivery, but throw me some money dog.
>>
>>26816203
Tip is always based on gross price, if it's $20 without coupons you top 15-20% of that.
>>
>>26817010
does the idea of threads having one direct question, one direct answer and then dying appeal to you?
>>
>>26816035
Double the price of a gallon of gas.
>>
I usually tip 10-15% of the bill. 10% if the delivery took a while or if the delivery driver was rude. 15% if it was on time and the delivery driver was nice.
>>
>>26816160
Not my fault he has a shitty job

Also isn't it his fucking job to deliver my food? Why in the hell would I pay him extra?

People that expect a tip are the true Jews here
>>
i know many delivery drivers. they make more than everyone in the store. sometimes $200 a day.. the spend most of that on weed. dont tip at all.
>>
> order pizza online
> pay by credit card - the exact amount
> kid delivers it
> take it from him
> say thanks
> shut the door

Feels good
>>
File: paranoia.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
paranoia.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>26817519
> order pizza online
> pay by credit card - the exact amount
> delivery comes
> it's my neighbour and I'm hungover as hell

I was buying some potato chips earlier and another neighbour happened to come into the queue behind me and asked "having a little snack?" I swear they are stalking me.
>>
>pay for my food
>get charged delivery
>they deliver it
>Expect me to pay AGAIN

You people are mental.
>>
>>26816035
>>26816135
I usually tip 3 cause I'm approximately spending 20-25 bones each time and that's 15%
>>
>>26817617
If there's an added delivery charge I consider that my tip. Fuck you if you expect me to pay again
>>
>not tipping him 200% of the pizza price
come on now son
>>
>>26816035
Depends on how much you spent. I usually do 15%, and as a rule of thumb I just double the tax.
>>
>order 18 dollars worth of food
>give 20
>keep rest

Simple.
>>
Tip culture is so messed up. Waiters and delivery drivers make more than the people that make the food. Entitled cunts all of them.
>>
>>26817697
>Tax is $1.70
>Pizza guy gets a $0.30 tip.
You're practically asking him to jizz on your next pie.
>>
>>26817761
I tipped a dime on a 75 dollar delivery because it took 2 hours.

Dude cried lol
>>
>>26816814
>lurking for 6 years
>>
>>26817883
Lol, I feel bad for him, but I mean 2 hours? Like 2 hours over delivery time?
>>
>>26817883
You realize it's almost never the driver's fault if the order is late, right? Big orders take longer to prepare.
>>
BRIT here. Never understood tipping. They're getting paid to do their fucking job. I was in Ohio a year ago and ordered a pizza with a few mates and didn't tip the guy and he asked for a tip and I told him to fuck off.
>>
>>26818271
Yes

>>26818352
>4 miles from pizza place
>slow night
>2 fucking hours

I get it faster on game day.
>>
Always carryout

why waste the money on tip when you can waste the money on gas?
>>
>>26819720
So you don't have to leave your house, I guess
Or if you don't drive
>>
Tip him in pennies op
>>
>>26816700
>Maybe do your job you lazy shit and you'll get more than those $3

How are those people not doing their job?

Americunts have such a fucked attitude towards this. You chose this system be not demanding it be changed to one where people are actually paid and tips are simply an unexpected bonus.

Either lobby for legislation that completely removes this bullshit tipping culture, or shut up and hand over your 20% or whatever the fuck is expected.

>>26817271
>Not my fault he has a shitty job

It's no ones fault you're a fucking cunt.

>>26817640
>If there's an added delivery charge I consider that my tip.

Being so retarded that you think you dictate where the money from a separate payment should go.

>I'll punish the driver because his boss rapes us both with his delivery fee scam!

>>26818362
>They're getting paid to do their fucking job

They get paid in tips and a small top up that is meant to cover fuel.
>>
>tipping

lol
>>
Give him like $5-$7, it seems fair. $2 is just shitty.
>>
Any driver who gets upset at a $2 tip is a fucking kike. Anything >$2 is a fucking blessing.
>>
File: 1456412781633.jpg (73 KB, 700x452) Image search: [Google]
1456412781633.jpg
73 KB, 700x452
>Living in USA
>>
a pizza in a takeaway in berlin is 3 euro for really good margherita. i never tip turkroaches though
>>
File: 1456594469590.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456594469590.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>26820283
Yeah I don't understand how someone can be so vapid as to think that the deliver charge is the tip. That is just extra money that goes to the store so they can pay their employees below minimum wage.

I just usually tip 3.50 or so because it's never that expensive (just look up online coupon codes for cheap food) and I live on the edge of the delivery zone. Tipping preemptively online is risky but if it is over $3 I've noticed that my pizza gets to my house significantly faster.

Now I'm hungry : (
>>
>>26821801
>Living somewhere irrelevant
>>
You chose the option of having the thing you asked for delivered instead of picking it up yourself, so fork over some singles.
>>
>>26816160

Fuck you, faggot.

I'm currently an operations manager for a large transportation logistics company. However, I worked as a delivery driver for my first few years of college. I drove for Jimmy John's, Hungry Howie's, and another local restaurant which served pizza, pasta, and a variety of other dishes. I made between $15 and $25 per hour, adding together base pay, tips, and driver compensation, regularly.

When I was younger, I always used to get furious whenever I'd be "stiffed." This was despite the fact that I was making enough money to travel internationally for the entirety of my summer and winter vacations. After three years of this work - and the lifespan of a single car - I eventually realized that tipping is complete and utter bullshit. I'd drive a $10 order ten minutes, get a two dollar tip, go back to the store, take a $100 order five minutes, and get a $20 tip, even though I was doing only marginally more work.

Tipping is nonsensical. It's not your responsibility or mine to compensate an employee when we're already paying taxes and a fucking delivery fee.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.