[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I ran a mile tonight for the first time since high school ended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: life is unfair.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
life is unfair.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
I ran a mile tonight for the first time since high school ended 2 years ago and now my chest hurts.
>>
Lol chump
>>
its just like everything else you have to keep doing it until you're body gets climatized. How do you think shaolin monks can break iron bars on their fucking skulls? Because they practice smashing their skull for hours a day.
you'll eventually get to the point where you're go past a mile and not even breathe through your mouth.
I remember when I started and I got a testicular infection due to the trauma of my ballsack smacking back and forth.

Fuck cardio though.
>>
>>26800468
You're right.
Maybe I'll run another mile again tomorrow.
>>
>>26800386
you ran to fast most likely. gotta build up to that shit.
>>
Ran too much for your first time.
Push yourself but not that hard.
>>
>>26800952
>>26800971
I ran 9 laps, then walked the 10th lap and then ran the last two.
I did it in 9:30 though, which was roughly my average mile time back in high school.
>>
>>26801655
9:30 isn't great but not horrible, either. There were people who literally did 10-13 min miles and they were TRYING. Keep at it and try to work your way down to 8 min by the middle of next month. Listen to music; inhale for every 2 steps per foot, exhale for every 2.
>>
>>26802233
Look buddy, I'm sorry I ran so slowly. I tried my damndest, but asthma conquered me.
>>
>>26802313
A little late on the reply but sorry.I didn't mean to come off as harshly as you took it.

An acceptable mile is between 6-9 minutes. Good on you for even trying, at all! Most people (myself included) continue to sit on their asses, rather than put the work in. I was only saying to keep on doing what you're doing and strive to do better by a predetermined date.
>>
>>26800386
iktfb, in high school I used to be able to run 4 km straight without tiring, would run 100m in like 11 seconds I think, and now running to the bus stop is more than enough to have me heaving, my feet/muscles hurting and chest hurting

I used to be a soccer player too, kek
>>
>>26800386
pls post a picture of your chest <3
>>
>>26802913
>ran 100 meters in 11 seconds
>world record is 5 seconds
>I used to run 4k in high school
>4k isn't an event in high school sports, it's 3k or 5k

Take it from me, OP, keep going at least a mile a day, I started where you are and I run track varsity for my high school now (I'm a senior). Try to keep bumping up that mileage, and remember, if you're hurting, push through it!! If your knees hurt, they're just weak, not running will NOT fix that. If your shins hurt KEEP RUNNING. If your calves and quads and hamstrings hurt, KEEP RUNNING.

I believe in you OP. Keep up the good work. You didn't run too much.
>>
>>26803121
I mean 9.5 seconds lmao

Look at me, bein all retarded.
>>
>>26803121
I think it was 10 seconds I honestly can't remember, ran it in grade 9 or 10 too, was like the 2nd fastest

but yeah I used to pride myself on endurance in sports and speed was my main advantage in soccer, I haven't worked out in like 4 years, I'll start this summer

I really have to take better shape of my body, it's the only thing in the world you truly own.
I'm not OP btw lmao
>>
>>26803194
The world record is by yusain bolt, in 9.58 seconds. You most likely at the very best ran 14-15
>>
>>26803230
no I'm pretty sure it was 12-13, because I clearly remember the guy who beat me was like 11s

he wasn't even black, was indian
>>
>>26803194

>ran world record times in middle school
>still not the fastest kid in class

autism detected
>>
File: 03.gif (656 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
03.gif
656 KB, 500x281
>>26800386
aww anon, do you want someone to rub your tummy?
>>
>>26800386
i know this feel bro, i've just started running last week, first time my legs hurt for 3 days after but now my legs don't hurt anymore after running
i'm only able to do 2km (just slightly over a mile) and i'm unable to breathe
>>
>about a year ago
>decide to run a mile for the first time since high school
>1/2 a mile in
>throw up
>stop running
>haven't run since

i'm not even fat
>>
>>26802233
Sure, I think I can improve if I do it every day maybe.
Back in highschool though, we ran a mile twice to three times every week, and my mile time never got below a 8:20 or so at the very, very lowest. Everyone else did pretty well though, many in the sub 8, and a lot in the sub 7 range. I was only there for 3 years since I transferred in, so they got a head start, but near everyone except me and a couple other people couldn't break the 9 minute barrier, even in our senior year. Still, when I started back then, I was at an over 10 minute mile time or so, so I mean I made improvement, just nowhere near everyone else.

>>26802313
You aren't even me, why would you lie like that?
>>
>run regularly for a month
>no issue afterwards on feeling sick and terrible
>take a month off
>feel like I'm dying when I leave off on my latest interval

I hate how quickly the human body goes back into it's previous state
>>
>>26800386
you think that's bad? my chest hurts whenever I drink alcohol. I have palpitations every day and sometimes when I breathe in it feels like I inhaled a needle into my lungs.
>>
>>26803866
i try to go out running once every night but other than that i spend literally the entire day on my ass

can i actually improve like that or do i need to be more active during the day?
>>
File: 1432503874915.jpg (178 KB, 1304x468) Image search: [Google]
1432503874915.jpg
178 KB, 1304x468
Hey I was just about to start running again after like 6 months too OP gotta finish taking this shit first
We're all gonna make it brah

However if I stop lifting again I am legitimately going to the 300 foot quarry a mile from the store and jumping off

Pic isn't me just some dude who made it for motivation
>>
>>26803979
Lift. Anyone got good workout music?https://m.soundcloud.com/alivestar/if-these-trees-could-talk-from-roots-to-needles
>>
>>26803979
You're asking the wrong guy, since that's usually what I do as well. I'll spend 20 minutes on cardio and 30 minutes on lifting shitty dumbbells and I'll go back to shitposting here.
>>
>>26804040
>dragon ball z
my nigga
>>
>>26804040
ugggh
3 whole years to get like that
>>
>>26800386
The endorphines feel great though. Here's how my first run went:

>ran for 2km
>could "taste" the iron-filled blood in my lungs
>burning throat
>endorphines
>feels good man

I'm an ex smoker.
>>
>>26804097
to be honest i'd be happy looking like 2011
>>
>>26804040
>155 pounds
is he like 5'3?
>>
>>26804040
Just got back. Ran 10 minutes down the road then 10 minutes back. Feeling pretty good. I've fallen far though and gotta get back on track but I can take solace in at least trying again.
Gotta fix my anterior pelvic tilt though and it might be affecting my IT band. Time to stretch I guess. Sorry for the blog post but whatever. I hope you guys go for it
>>
File: merrily merrily merrily.jpg (44 KB, 364x561) Image search: [Google]
merrily merrily merrily.jpg
44 KB, 364x561
>>26805807
Fuck if I know lol
Unfortunately I'm 5'4 so none of this will ever matter as far as getting girls
I used to love working out when I was younger so hopefully I can reignite it. Depression, existential bullshit, and apathy routinely render me despondent. I can't find answers if I'm dead, and if I am dead, I don't have to deal with this bullshit anymore. Jesus fuck what am I talking about. Sorry for the rant. Have y'all fucks read the fucking sticky?
>>
I hate the feeling of having fluid in my lungs, like I just got a bunch of spit down there. This is normal though, no?
>>
>>26800386
I havent moved faster than walking in like 10 years, since i finish high school

It's weird.
>>
>>26803855

Because in another world I am you.
>>
>>26805891
i'd like to know this too, my mouth constantly fills up with really thick saliva and i have to keep spitting it out as i run
>>
>>26805891
Runner here, yes it's normal to get phlegm. Start drinking more water, your spit becomes more mucus-y if you are dehydrated.

If this symptom persists and severely gets in the way of breathing consult a physician.
>>
>>26802922
No, but i can send picture of my cock, if you want :^)
>>
>>26807117
post your cock you fucking faggot
>>
>>26807061
Thanks for the tip yo
I haven't been thinking about exactly how much water I should be drinking
>>
>>26807423
Not him, but replace almost everything with either water, milk, or gatorade. Mostly water. I noticed after drinking a month's worth of water instead of soda, my chest was clearer, and my throat was less sticky.
>>
>>26804040
nigga look like Xavier Wulf
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.