[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you travel? What's the farthest place you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_(8910).jpg (250 KB, 820x532) Image search: [Google]
IMG_(8910).jpg
250 KB, 820x532
How often do you travel?

What's the farthest place you have been from home?
>>
File: JP09.jpg (155 KB, 938x1409) Image search: [Google]
JP09.jpg
155 KB, 938x1409
Philadelphia,
I'm from Poland.
But I'm going to Japan in a few months.
I usually travel to different countries once per 2 years.
Roboty z Polski zglaszac sie :3.
>>
>>26793811
once a year
went to Holland last year
going to Como in Italy in a few months
furthest I've been is Morocco
Live in London at the moment
>>
I would like to travel to Europe and visit one day but tfw no friends to go with
>>
>>26793811
I live on Long Island, and the farthest was Disney when I was like 5 years old. Usually me and my parents go out of state once a year (my sister likes to stay home) but now they stopped doing this because "it's not fair if we go places she doesn't want to go."

All she wants to go is to Salem Massachusetts ffs. Trek America has tours that you can go to depending on what states you want to see, but I'm too much of a wimp to go alone.
>>
>>26794936

yeah, im thinking about starting to travel alone.

dunno if im brave enough
>>
How do you guys go about traveling? Like, do you guys work, use a specific service to plan(expedia, whatever), and how long do you usually stay in those places?
>>
>>26794786
Killadelphia huh?
Did you get killed?
I heard they kill robots there.
>>
300 miles is the farthest i've traveled. Does that even count?
>>
Some say it's not really traveling if you can get by with just speaking English
>>
>>26795456
I was there for like one day.
It was a part of my trip to New York.
>>
>>26793811
not often
nipland (nyfag)
>>
>>26794786
Philadelphia is the further I've ever been too.
I'm from Massachusetts
>>
>>26793811
I travel about once a year
From california, furthest i have been is china
>>
Just got back from a skiing holiday in Austria, Austria was achingly beautiful and the people were lovely, back in britbong now, the weather is shit, everyone is miserable, theres no mountains or snow and ive got work on monday. Thinking about leaving this craphouse behind me and just getting a job in Austria in a bar or as a holiday rep or something

farthest ive been is Brisbane for work, loved Australia too. worked in china also, China was depressing as fuck but beer, food, clothes and women were cheap
>>
>>26794973
Do it buddy. Travelling alone is great. Great way to meet people and see places
>>
Been to Mexico when I was too young to know division. All I remember is my sister being catcalled by 1000 mexicans. It disturbed me.
>>
>>26795456
I'm in Philthy and it's not as bad as you'd think.
>>
>>26796628
It's pretty awful. Watched a nigger homeless man take a shit at the LOVE park in front of a bunch of skateboarders for 20 bucks
>>
>>26795214
>Find a place i want to see
>Book a cheap hotel in a decent area
>Buy plane tickets
>Do whatever i want

I dont like any group stuff, prefer my own schedule. Expedia and orbitz sometimes have good deals if you buy flight and hotel together but check multiple places
>>
>>26793811
Africa, im from Australia, i think ill do south america in 2 years.
>>
>>26796592
BUlLD
>>
>>26796698

>two worst continents
>>
>>26794973
Salem is retarded. Save your money for somewhere more interesting.
>>
>>26796726
Theyre both cool in the right places
>>
>>26796676
Who the fuck would pay for that?
>>
>>26793811
never. went to aus with family, im a bong so its bretty far
>>
>>26796726
>Three worst Continents
FTFY
>>
>>26793811
Travel a fair bit, spent two months travelling around Turkey in the summer, going to Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, Bergama, Ayvalik, places like that.

Furthest i've been is Egypt, been twice. Never gone to Asia or the Americas though for some reason despite having been to places like Greece dozens of times.

>>26794936
>>26795050
It isn't as hard as you might think, western Europe is safe as fuck.

>>26795214
I buy a flight ticket there, and while i'm there I buy a ticket back for whenever I want. I usually book my first night in somewhere but from there I just find B&Bs and pensions and shit. I hate having itineraries or being tied down when it comes to travelling, half the fun is arguing with an old Greek man about how much a room should cost on an island with no tourists.
>>
>>26796818

>aussie
>worst continent

Lol stay mad moot
>>
>>26796726

Don't be ignorant. Every country has their bad places. Traveling isn't that fun if you stay in the major city areas where everyone speaks English and you can eat McDonald's everyday. Not everyone in non-white countries are out to kill you or rob you.
>>
What I would give to travel...

But I'm poor so I can't afford it. Maybe when I'm an old man.

Then again, sometimes my depression makes me hate on the outside world so much that I imagine all places to be the same more or less, so it wouldn't make sense anyway.
>>
>>26797046

>calling me ignorant
>assuming im a poltard
>le mcdonalds comfort zone
>no you guyz nigg...i mean blacks are totally fine

Time to go home, big guy. https://www.reddit.com/
>>
>>26793811
When I was manic I would travel extensively. I was born in California but have traveled extensively across Europe. Lived in the UK for awhile, in the southern US right now. Last place I "traveled" to was New York, but I lived there for two years so I don't know whether or not to consider it travel. I move about once every year or two and usually go far.

Captcha asked me to select all the airplanes. Heh.
>>
I travel about once a month. My bf lives in the USA and I fly out to see him once every two months (as a matter of fact, I'm with him right now). My family lives across the country about 3000 km away and I see them as often as I can.

The furthest I've ever been has just been Europe. I've only explored France and Italy.
>>
>>26797046

>yes goyim, go to south africa, its totally safe for filthy white devil errr i mean goys such as yourself.
>>
>>26797317

post your hand, prove your girlness.
>>
>>26797317
>can't make a post without saying you're a girl
Way to make the rest of us look bad, you attention-whoring cockmongler.
>>
>>26797408
>>26797429
could be a fag
>>
>>26793811
Went to San Diego/Texas for a month when i was 10 with my father and brother. Had the time of my life. Been dreaming of going back ever since. (im from Denmark) would live there if i could.. Trying to save up money for another trip.
>>
I travel (domestically) like 4 times a year. I don't have the money to pay for international flights. I was in Vegas last week, I went to DC last year and I go back home to California once per year.

I'm planning a trip back to the Virginia/DC/Baltimore area for April. I didn't see everything I wanted to see last time I was there.
>>
>>26797408
No.
>>26797429
I could be gay.
>>
>>26797843
>California

Leave now normie scum REEE
>>
>>26794786
Witam robota :>
Zazdroszcze podrozy do Dzapani, tez kiedys chcialbym poleciec (bycie libusem zobowiazuje).
>>
>>26793811
How does traveling alone work? I feel like if I travel alone I'll look like a loser
>>
>>26798526
I've traveled alone all of my life, to several different continents and dozens of countries.

Stay safe. Keep your personal possessions under your shirt or at least as close to you as humanly possible.
Do not stay in hostels. If you cannot afford hotels that are decently safe, do not travel.
Use trains primarily for transportation in Europe, and walking/bicycles/buses in the US. Safety is always key.
Never give money to beggars.
Never talk to people on public transit.
Look up your destination beforehand. I recommend finding local cathedrals, art galleries, museums and historical architecture but your interests may vary.
Dress in layers. The weather will change dramatically depending on your location and you want to be comfortable.
Break in your shoes a week before you leave. If they still leave blisters, discard them and get a new pair that doesn't fucking suck.
Don't be afraid to drink, just do so in moderation and always have transportation planned out beforehand.
Bring lots of maps.
Always bring your cellphone charger with you.
Always make sure your cellphone bill is paid in full.
Exchange currency away from train and airport stations where the exchange rate is highest.

I could go on but I think those are the most applicable pieces of general advice. Just be safe, don't be stupid, and always have a backup plan for everything that you do. Traveling alone is easy and fun if you know how to prepare yourself.
>>
>>26797862
I grew up there, I don't live there now

also plenty of robots are from California. I knew so many sperglords in high school you'd be shocked
>>
about once a year I go to Japan to visit my grandparents. 2 years ago I spent a month there, last year I spend nearly 2 months there. One visit I'm just not going to come back.
>>
>>26798526
Traveling alone is a lot of fun. I just had a conversation with my normie-as-fuck coworker (married to a 9.5/10 Latina chiquita) who found out I traveled alone and he said he was so jealous I get to travel alone. Get to see the things I want to see, get to go where I want to go, not having to worry about the desires of family members or the hassle of dragging people around with you

The one big downside is of course not sharing experiences with people but I think it's a push.
>>
I live in California and it's such a big state that going most places here counts as traveling. I have been to:

> San Francisco
> Sacramento
> Merced
> Malibu and the SFV
> Los Angeles
> Orange County
> Riverside County
> San Bernardino County
> San Diego
> Arizona
> Texas
> Oklahoma
> Kansas
> New York City
> Washington DC
> Upstate NY
> Virginia/ Maryland/ DC suburbs
> Switzerland
> France
> England
>>
File: 1366210599191.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1366210599191.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>26798746
>I live in California and it's such a big state that going most places here counts as traveling

>this is what Americans actually believe
>>
>>26798526

If you can speak the language, it's fun.

If you're a girl, you better not be traveling alone.
>>
>>26795977
Anyone who says that has clearly never been farther west than Cincinnati.

Living in Texas for 6 months was a huge culture shock
>>
>>26798778
California is a humongous place and traveling from one end to the other is like traveling from Italy to Germany, and the differences between Nor-Cal and So-Cal are like the differences between the Alps and Normandy
>>
>>26798746
>Riverside County
>DC suburbs
I am so sorry
I've been to every place you visited, including:
>Catalina Island
>An enormous chunk of Alaska, mostly the coast
>Tijiana Mexico
>Mexico City
>Ft. Meade, MD
>Reisterstown/Cockeysville/Baltimore, MD
>Las Vegas
>Pahrump, Nevada
>The vast majority of the UK
>The vast majority of Whales
>Edinburgh
>The vast majority of Belgium
>A few small town in France I was too drunk to remember
>Almost all of NY
>Several town in NJ I was too depressed to remember

There's a little more but I was so out of it I can't remember everywhere I've been.
Needless to say, compared to the average robot, no matter how mentally fucked I am, they will consider my amount of traveling to qualify me as a normie. You too, fag.
>>
>>26798784
but anon, I'm >>26798642 and >>26798849, female, and I've never been so much as harassed, let alone mugged or raped. Contrary to what tumblr would like you to believe, you just don't have to be a slutty fucking skank retard to not run into trouble, like anyone else who's traveling.
>>
>>26798642

>I'm a sheltered cowardly faggot and would be wretchedly boring to travel with - the post.

Hostels are the best way to actually meet like minded people when you travel. Talking to people on transport is a non issue.

You sound like one of those faggots who wears the full tourist as fuck great outdoors store uniform with zip off pants and retarded autism hiking sandals.
>>
>>26798849

It's not a competition, I am not trying to prove anything.
>>
>>26798898
I've traveled with other people who enjoyed the time we spent together. I merely make an effort to be safe and comfortable while I travel, rather than take unnecessary risks that could ruin my entire trip. I dress normally, no uniforms, zip-off pants or hiking sandals.
>>
>>26798846
You should travel abroad, and then you'll see just how culturally homogeneous your state actually is.
>>
>>26798940
I have been abroad and pretty much wherever you go, people are the same.
>>
>>26798940
yes culturally that's very probable but geographically you can find as much amazing and varying features as you can in any 5 European countries put together
>>
>>26798892
are you h0t?
>>
>>26799238
I'm like Andres Caicedo with a really nice ass, wide hips and an average chest. It REALLY depends on your personal preference.
>>
>>26799304
how old are y0u?
how long have you been traveling?
>>
File: 1443724776231.png (7 KB, 377x330) Image search: [Google]
1443724776231.png
7 KB, 377x330
>>26793811
Haven't left this house in 5 years bro.
>>
>>26793811
San Francisco, born and raised
Try to travel out of US once a year
Different US state, once a year
Farthest away would be all over, spent 20 years active duty in the Navy, aircraft carriers in the Pacific and Atlantic
Did a tour on a sub, went pretty deep
Got to winter over in Antarctica, on Operation Deep Freeze, so the South Pole is probably as far away from anything as I have ever been
>>
>>26793811
Be through hell,still ain't come back
>>
>>26799446
I'm 24. Been traveling since I was a kid, internationally since I was 18.
>>
File: 1456393393664.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456393393664.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>26799690
are y0u single?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.