[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you being dishonest with your therapist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: karl-pilkington-net-worth.jpg (20 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
karl-pilkington-net-worth.jpg
20 KB, 300x399
Why are you being dishonest with your therapist?
>>
I told my therapist she doesn't exist, I think we do
>>
She gave up all hope for me even before I had revealed everything.
>>
>never do the homework she assigns me

Who else?
>>
>>26787003
because the voice in my head refuses to show me her diploma
>>
Because I'm trying to fool her into putting me on disability welfare so that I can spend the rest of my life in my bedroom playing videogames and shitposting.
>>
>honest with therapist
>instantly carted off to a different one as they have no idea what to do
If I only talk about a small part of my condition I may get help with that so I'm going to lie to my next therapist.
>>
If I had told that seedy psychiatrist everything that was going on in my life, he would undoubtedly have committed me to an institution against my will.

You must be very careful with what you say to shrinks. They are legally obligated to be state tattle tales.
>>
File: 1303149477901.jpg (37 KB, 377x378) Image search: [Google]
1303149477901.jpg
37 KB, 377x378
He wants me to drop out of school and move in with my relatives. I'm not listening to that bullshit advice.
>>
>>26787103

Why do you think that? If you were honest, what would you say to make them institutionalize you?
>>
>>26787110
>you should tell your only friend you are mentally ill
Great advice from my therapist
>>
>>26787118
Probably something along the lines of "I'm not a muslim, but I wouldn't mind joining ISIS just to rape and murder for a bit."
>>
>>26787110
>drop out of school and move in with my relatives

Is your therapist actively trying to kill you?
>>
My therapist told me to go to coffee shops and strike up conversations with people that are sitting there.

This isn't a good idea, is it?
>>
>>26787148

That is good advice. Keeping your illness a secret is only going to cause more stress, and your friend would be understanding and help you through it.
>>
>>26787203
Do it and just be yourself
>>
>>26787209
I now have no friend
>>
>>26787203
it might be, for a person who isn't totally socially retarded.
>>
>>26787110

See this is why I'm wary of therapists. From everyone I know who's gone to see one, it just sounds like they give the same out-of-their-ass advice that I give. Same efficacy, anyway, just with a $$$ degree to back it up.
>>
>>26787203
lmao dude, why don't you try, maybe
BEEEEEEEINGG YOURSELFFFFFFFF
>>
File: 1456241163532.png (133 KB, 1900x794) Image search: [Google]
1456241163532.png
133 KB, 1900x794
>>26787203

Haha, sure. You go, boi.
>>
>>26787219

He doesn't sound like a friend if he would abandon you that easily. Why would you be with someone who wouldn't be understanding? You should make another friend who will actually be supportive of you.
>>
>therapist
>she

Why are you people doing this to yourself? I'm a normie and even I can see what a waste of time this would be.
>>
>>26787219
One of my best and oldest friends is bipolar and admitted to me that he might have been abused as a child and he also likes underage girls.

I'm still his friend, but I have known him for like 20 years.
>>
>>26787255
It gradually became awkward between us, it might have been me thinking he was thinking about the things I say or did in the past in the context of my condition.
He was supportive and understanding of my odd behaviour before he knew it was something I took meds for. It would have been way better to have it as an unspoken agreement between us.

>You should make another friend who will actually be supportive of you.
I might as well just wish myself better, telling people your medical problems is a bad idea
>>
>>26787103
This. Telling them about suicidal thoughts is a one-way ticket to a mental institution if you mention anything along the lines of "I have a concrete plane". That's why I don't fuck with theraposts, things are bad enough without being locked in a building with a bunch of other crazy people.
>>
>>26787298

Have you talked to your therapist about your friend making it awkward? or about you not being able to make new friends?
>>
>>26787303
*therapists

Theraposts are pretty sketchy too though
>>
>>26787303
>mention suicidal thoughts
>they ask if I've ever planned anything
>nope, I just have thought I'd be better off dead and it was a long time ago

Even though I think this everyday and have had plans kek
>>
>>26787318
That therapist ditched me at the next session, that was before I stopped talking with my friend.

My current therapist knows I have no friends but not that story. He is referring me to someone else, we only had 2 sessions.

>Thinking people don't like me is 'irrational'
>>
>>26787344
>"do you ever think about killing yourself?"
>"Sometimes but I don't think its any more than normal people"
>>
Because therapists are forced to inform the police if you tell them you plan to commit a crime.
>>
>/r9k/ trying to fix their lives

This doesn't happen. Even with all the help in the world.
>>
>>26787354

It's not unusual to try several different therapists before finding the right one. When you find the right one, and he or she understands you and gives you sound advice, it will be worth the previous struggles. Be sure to be honest with your therapist about what went wrong with your past therapists.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (60 KB, 680x818) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
60 KB, 680x818
you're government property since the time your birth certificate was made, and shrinks are required by law to tell government that their property is going to be damaged or annihilated
>>
>>26787365
Nope nope nope nope nope nope

This is exactly what my grandmother said to some cunt who came to check on her, and she almost got into some shitty situation

If you say you have even thought of suicide ONCE, then the discretion becomes entirely up to the personal opinion of the shrink. If they think you need to be drug off to the looney bin, you don't have a leg to stand on. It's their word against yours, and they're the professional.

Just say "I've never really thought about killing myself but I'm just really depressed all the time"
>>
>>26787380
The bullshit is so bad we can't even JOKE about killing people on here. Watch this. It shows where many of the recent mass shooters come from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC9J6O6soHA
>>
>>26787398
Doubtful, its taken so long and my life is basically fucked then even if I do get better now there is no point.
>>
>>26787470
Have you told your therapist this?
>>
>>26787270
i can't be open with men because my dad used to hit me
>>
Because I don't really know what I feel, and I'm rarely able to recall past events in my life.
>>
>>26787481
I was going to but as I said I'm being carted off to someone else, so it'll be another few months on the waiting list again
>>
>>26787438
what happens if you just walk out of there after they decide to throw you into the looney bin? Do the police come and drag you off or something?
>>
>>26787253
He should've kept trying
>>
File: Joey.jpg (875 KB, 1569x1007) Image search: [Google]
Joey.jpg
875 KB, 1569x1007
>>26787052
>my fucking face when my therapist told me to do 30 mins of exercise a day
>>
Actually being low key honest.
>>
>tell therapist my concerns
>she dismisses them
WHAT THE FUC K IS THE POINT
>>
>>26788931
They're actually doing it for themselves, fixing your problems just happens to be a natural byproduct of a psychological mind finding out more about the world.
However they've studied it as a science so they're capable of vouching that you should or shouldn't have access to brain-altering substances.
>>
>>26787003
I was actually 100% honest with her

We're making progress bros
>>
Does men make better therapists?
>>
>>26787003
I wish Karl was my therapist. I think he's actually help a lot with problems.
>>
>>26789020
Most of the time, yeah. My therapist is a women and at this point I don't want her to think I'm crazy and that I have problems so I lie. She's kind of a cutie as well so that doesn't help. I originally thought as women was best, but now after over a year, a man would have definitely been better.
>>
>>26788978
what the fuck are you talking about, i wasn't asking for drugs I just wanted someone to talk to
>>
File: feel_good_ss2.png (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
feel_good_ss2.png
89 KB, 500x500
>>26787003
I've been honest with my psychiatrist once, but this led to him having no clue on how to help me.

>made a complete reasoning using logics, schemas and philosophical theories to justify why i should commit a mass killing before killing myself
>it took me something like half an hour
>at the end of it, he just looks at me and says 'i have nothing i can tell you'
>i pay him and leave
>mfw
>>
>>26789020
all shrinks are paedos
>>
>>26789158
If you're not just joking, that was incredibly foolish as well as arrogant of you
>>
>>26789158
To be honest that sounds like grounds to break doctor-patient confidentiality and send you to an institution
>>
File: 1453449720140.png (225 KB, 393x481) Image search: [Google]
1453449720140.png
225 KB, 393x481
Because my parents found her for me, so I imagined that she'd call them and tell them whatever I told her
I stopped going because it was a waste of money to keep lying to her for nothing

I think I'm doing ok now so
>>
File: 1450712478503.jpg (24 KB, 401x372) Image search: [Google]
1450712478503.jpg
24 KB, 401x372
>>26787003
It's not that bad now that I don't have to try and hide that I'm taking massive amounts of meth.
>>
>Tfw completely defined by my mental illness and it's the only part of my identity I'm sure of
>don't know who I would be without it

What is some music for this feel?
>>
>>26789192
I'm not joking. What makes it arrogant ?

>>26789219
I don't care much about being sent to a psychiatric wards desu.
>>
>tell psychiatrist I was raped many times when i was like 5-7 (im a guy)
>hear voice in my head that just asks me questions about random things
>if i didnt have my dog i would kill myself today
>all true btw
>he tells me to come back in a month to see if i feel better

glad i didnt pay for that shit
>>
>>26787003
>Why are you being dishonest with your therapist?

Its more like I am being dishonest with myself.

If i were to verbalize all the crap wrong with me and my life past and present it would seen more real to me and I would not be able to deny it to myself.

I suspect I would start to remember further repressed stuff as well.

If it were to be clear and concrete I am pretty sure it would destroy me.
>>
>>26787203
That's what they always say. Don't forget to be yourself.
>>
>>26789147
Yeah, but your problems are so basic they don't care to explain it to you.
>>
>>26787003

I haven't been dishonest, but I haven't had time to reveal the worst yet.
>>
>>26787072
How does one do this? Pretend trying to get better but failing in the end?
>>
>>26787003
Because she doesn't fucking realize that I don't give a shit about her advice on "finding a way into society and social groups", I just want my OCD to stop.
>>
my therapist is some old hippie lady. my parents force me to see her thinking therapy will help me. she regurgitates the same basic generic advice every session, "you can't blame yourself", "you can change your future", etc. no practical advice just empty platitudes anyone can come up. she can't think of much to say anymore so she usually just yakks about herself most of the time. she helped get me hooked up with my medical marijuana card which is about it.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.