[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyway of being friends with a female without being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: 1452144585370.jpg (143 KB, 539x700) Image search: [Google]
1452144585370.jpg
143 KB, 539x700
Is there anyway of being friends with a female without being labeled as a beta orbitor or faggot?

I've been thinking about this lately and can't come to a conclusion unless you've been friends since elementary school or you're both introverts/neets
>>
As long as you aren't a thirsty fuck there's no problem.
>>
>>26782366
You can, and I'll tell ya how:
Stop giving a shit about this crappy board.
But then again I'm a tripfag who compulsively loads up this board every time I start my computer, so my opinion isn't really work jack shit.
>>
>>26782366
i dont see why you'd want to be friends with a woman in the first place. unless you're trying to get closer to one of her friends or actually fucking her i cant think of a good reason why id rather hang out with a woman instead of a man
>>
>>26782366
Yeah I'm good friends with a female coworker and I am neither a faggot nor an orbiter. She recently became single but we just get along really really well so I have no intention of making a move and ruining a good friendship.

Then again she knows how much of a loser I am so it wouldn't be worth it anyway.
>>
Women friends are just failed romantic prospects for many men, they should be cut off for his own good.
>>
There's no way of truly befriending women period.

Most you can be is a friendly acquaintance like >>26782449
>>
File: Mt-Goats-PRESS-KITp1of3.jpg (302 KB, 700x1046) Image search: [Google]
Mt-Goats-PRESS-KITp1of3.jpg
302 KB, 700x1046
>>26782399
I have a problem. I know there's a girl who likes me (friendly) and we hang out a bit. She is a bit of a shut in and seams real excited to do things with me. I like her cos she's kind and considerate and shares interests. However recently I have been feeling really down for no real reason and was thinking of confiding in her. I am pretty sure this is a bad thing to do as we have only known each other for a bout a month. I just hate being alone. I'm pretty sure that if I did I'd get labeld as a weirdo or she:d think I'm obsessed or something but I just like spending time with her cos everyone else is just feels l artificial and forced. This is killing me anons. Sorry for the long fucking post i suppose I'm venting
>>
Ever since I came out as gay, there's been girls coming up to me and thinking we're friends. I've been too timid to tell them to fuck off. They scared off my only friend and now I'm a fuckin trophy.
>>
>>26782366
have a girlfriend
Removes whatever stigma you're describing. I have friends who are girls they are also friends with my girlfriend.
>>
>>26782521
don't do it

too much too fast will potentially scare her off

wait for her to confide in you first
>>
>>26782521
Don't tell her about your problems, nothing will dry up a pussy faster than a man whining about life.
Just take action and let her know that you wanna date her, if she refuses then cut her off and move along so you don't waste your time.

>>26782534
You have no excuse, you're in the perfect position to toast some roasties. Don't let yourself become their token gay friend. Do you think they would even give you the time of day if you were straight?
>>
File: 1401968411205.jpg (56 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1401968411205.jpg
56 KB, 960x540
>>26782366

how would both be introverts cause you not to want to bang her?
>>
>>26782620
I don't even care, I just want them to fuck off.
>>
>>26782610
Yea we watched a movie today and she had to go. I was so close to asking her to stay just so I wouldn't be alone. Literally holding back tears after she left. I'm sort of attracted to her but honestly I just love her sweet honest nature. Also she seems real keen to do things (could tell by the 3 texts asking the exact time) I don't want to kill a great friendship. If it was a guy I could msg and shit all the time and it would be all good. I hate that.
>>
>>26782366
I don't know op, I'm in the middle of finding out,
will report back at the end of the semester
>>
>>26782620
I don't want to date her dude. I want someone to talk to who's actually caring
>>
>>26782426
not op
i find it much easier to befriend women. i've never initiated social contact in my entire life so i obviously don't have a lot of friends, but men almost never decide to befriend me and usually stay somewhat distant after they do, while women do it more often and stay closer, though after some time they pretty much become total strangers. sometimes they try really hard to seem like strangers but can't hide the fact that they remember me and how much of a sperg i am and actively try to avoid me
right now i have about 3 friendly male acquaintances and 1 close female friend
>>
>>26782534
>I'm a fuckin trophy
Yes you are. Females hold you up because you're not competition for them, in fact, they look at you like a toy
>>
>>26782366
Yes, just dont be a fucking beta. Its not that hard specially if you just wanna be her friend.
>>
File: 1432609918250.jpg (796 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1432609918250.jpg
796 KB, 1920x1080
Can you be friends with women? Of course
Can women be friends with you? Probably not

A woman has zero interest is being your friend past the public social interactions. If you're a "friend" with a woman, I would bet she's getting something out of it. Women do not make male "friends" for the sake of friendship. You're either a possible boyfriend, or a tool that she uses. Women love to have contingency men in their lives, and they love tools. Friends? Not so much, that's a very masculine set of ideals. Platonic female to female relationships are vicious circles of shoulder crying and posing. This just comes down to females not needing these kind of relationships.
>>
>>26782904
What about shy ones that are kind?
>>
Friends with her but you've already fucked her.
>>
>>26782366
She has to be so unattractive that you wouldn't (even) fuck her when you're drunk and desperate, otherwise you are a beta-orbiter. She basically has to be a man or an animal in your eyes. Is such a relationship possible?
In theory yes, but I have to say, like posters before, it's probably not beneficial enough for her. It'd be more beneficial for her to surround herself with beta-orbiters.
>>
>>26782366
>Is there anyway of being friends with a female without being labeled as a beta orbitor or faggot?

no
>>
befriend her eventual bf too
>>
Yeah, there are three main situations where a man and a woman can be friends.
1. There's mutual sexual tension that neither of you really want to act on but it's fun to have in life. If it's one way it won't work because one person will get annoyed.
2. Neither of you want to fuck each other at all. Again, if it's one way, someone will get annoyed with it.
3. One of you is openly gay.

Otherwise, you're orbiting her, she's orbiting you, or one of you is in the closet.
>>
>>26782717
you're a faggot brah
>>
>>26782904
>being this full of shit

Girls aren't an entirely different species, I have some girl friends that are just friends. We've known each other for years, and for most of them I get more out of it than they do.
>>
>Is there anyway of being friends with a female without being labeled as a beta orbitor or faggot?

If you've been friends since childhood and are both happily taken. Or one or both of you is gay.
>>
>>26782366
Yes. There are certain rules to it though. You must
>be in a relationship with someone else
or at least you must
>not be romantically interested in them
>not do her any favors or buy/give her things, including drinks
>not become a shoulder to cry on / the person she bitches about men to
Basically treat her like a guy. Otherwise you'll be an orbiter.
>>
File: 1438879813820.jpg (248 KB, 864x1072) Image search: [Google]
1438879813820.jpg
248 KB, 864x1072
If you don't want to be an orbiter, don't do orbiter things. She wants to complain about how Chad cheated on her(again) at 2 AM? "Sorry, I have to get up early tomorrow". She'll find someone else to be her emotional tampon.
>>
Men and women cannot be friends. It's biological. If you believe anything different you obviously do not fear your imaginary gf cheating on you with every guy she meets.
>>
>>26783650
What a relatable story. I rooted for the
>drunken asshole character
all the way.

That shit's comedy gold all around though.
>fatism is making less money and getting more shit in a job where your looks are everything
How upsetting that an amorphous blob has a hard time as a stripper. I'm triggered.
>>
>>26783686
That's why you don't get into a relationship with your average roastie. There needs to be mutual trust and realization that both parties are free to call it quits at any given moment.

If you need to hold onto someone to keep them, they're not going to stay around for long anyway.
>>
If you're worried about it, you're either a beta orbiter or a faggot.
>>
>>26782366
no because it will always be one sided
>>
>>26783847
You don't get into a relationship with the average female because she's going to hang out with guys. The first time she blows you off to hang out with her friends, which is like 6 dudes and one other girl (who probably doesn't exist but was brought along so she doesn't feel guilty) is the first time you get cucked. Women are children. We have the mental capacity to be great at being women, but men are the superior gender and will always show dominance with fucking whatever available slut is around. (For example, that gf you trust)
>>
>>26783954
In revision, I want to be clear I'm not saying you should find a woman is okay with you stalking her every move. I'm saying find them young and impressionable, make her family like you, and manipulate her beliefs to match yours. It's the only way to do it tbqh family
>>
women's boyfriends don't allow them to have friends. they delete you off their phones and social media themselves.
i tried to befriend a co-worker knowing that she has a kid and is with someone already. nope, deleted. it's happened a lot.

i wouldn't want to be in a relationship if i wasn't allowed to have friends or started losing freedoms.
women who put up with that shit basically have no choice, they know they'll be out on the street or struggling by themselves.

i don't have shit in common with women i meet anymore, so there is no avenue of friendship.
most women all like really typical, gay shit.
>>

What, like on 4chan? Nah, not really.

Are you talking about real life? That's a pretty easy one. Just don't act in a way that the people holding opinions you are apparently concerned about would perceive as beta or faggish.

But yeah if you're at all deluding yourself that you don't wanna deep-dick homegirl here, then there isn't a way to have a proper and symbiotic friendship. I mean, it might be pretty cool for her, but it'll suck dick for you. If you really don't have any interest in slinging a cockmeat sandwich to this girl, you should be fine.

If you look like a beta/faggot outside of situations with this girl anyway, of course, you're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>26783954
>>26783982
>Women are children. We have the mental capacity to be great at being women, but men are the superior gender and will always show dominance with fucking whatever available slut is around
You are affected by what is called the false-consensus bias. You falsely believe that what/how you think is in fact the norm.

Although I'm pretty sure you're just RP'ing.
>>
you're only a beta orbiter if you want to fuck her. i've been pretty good friends with this fat weeaboo chick for a couple years now. we just talk anime and comics and go see shitty capeshit movies together. you can't control how other people perceive this, though.
>>
>>26784063
nah it's some retarded right wing conservative prostitute who a whole thread about her post
>>
>>26782366
Men and women cannot truly be friends.
If the woman is attractive, the man, despite what he might say, will want to fuck the woman.

If the woman is attractive, and the man is attractive, the man will be attracted to the woman, and perhaps the woman attracted to the man.

If the woman is ugly, then the attractive man will not be attracted to her. The woman will be attracted to him.

If the woman is ugly, and the guy is ugly, one of them will still be attracted to the other due to low standards.

Friendships are not based on the possibility of sexual interaction with the given person, therefore male and female friendships do not exist.
>>
>>26784255
>Friendships are not based on the possibility of sexual interaction with the given person, therefore male and female friendships do not exist.
Lead is not a liquid in normal room temperature, therefore bears can't fly. Talk about a non-sequitur.
>>
>>26784287
don't bother, bro. i do that the entire time i'm browsing r9k. it's filled with so much fallacy and cliche and bullshit.
"if something isn't happening, something must be wrong with you" is the number 1 on here.
how stupid do you have to be to believe this???

you can't kick a field goal, something must be wrong with you! XD
>>
>>26782366
Yes, it's called "stop giving a shit about what the sheltered anime imageboard thinks".

You think people in the real world are going to call you a beta orbiter or a faggot for being friends with a chick? No, it's perfectly normal and no one is going to care.
>>
>>26784255
only a virgin would be attracted to every non-ugly girl
>>
>>26782904
This is true. Good post
>>
>>26784287
are you retarded?
did you just miss the preceding text in that post?

I showed how in each case, there is sexual interest from one party or the other.
For this reason, male and female friendships can't exist because, as I said, friendships cannot be based on the possibility of sexual interaction with the given person.
>>
>>26784427
>are you retarded?
Are you?

>I showed how in each case, there is sexual interest from one party or the other.
That you did.

>friendships cannot be based on the possibility of sexual interaction with the given person
This is no different from saying that people with different political views cannot have their political views as a basis for their friendship. It has zero relevance to the possibility of friendships between said individuals in general.
>>
File: 1455820841565.png (243 KB, 640x631) Image search: [Google]
1455820841565.png
243 KB, 640x631
>>26782366
WHY FINSLAND?

Men and women cannot be friends, OP. Maybe for a little while, but it all comes down to fucking in the end. Welcome to the real world, anon.
>>
>>26784255
What if they are on the same level?
My BFF is a grill. Hell, we even know what STD each of us had at some point XD
>>
>>26784255
You do realize that they could be preoccupied with attraction to other people, don't you?

When I'm into a girl I'm not into other girls as much.

Also, attraction isn't as fucking rampant for everyone as it is for you. I don't give a shit about the attractiveness of girls if I'm not going to pursue romance with them. I'm not a fucking teenager. Sexual attraction is not a dominant force in my psyche.
>>
>>26783387
>and for most of them I get more out of it than they do

You sound like a gigantic fucking queer, no offense.
>>
>>26784861
you would fuck her given the chance though, wouldn't you?
if she undressed in front of you, and with lustful eyes, said
"fuck me anon, I love you"
you would fuck her.
If this is not true, then the women is ugly.
>>
>>26784878
Sexual attraction is the world's most dominant force, friend.
Everyone is driven by sex.
>>
>>26784878
>as much

It still influences you. You even admit it.
You can take the 'I'm ascended well beyond my biology' meme as far as you want, but you're not.
Platonic friendship and physical attraction cannot exist in the same space.
>>
>>26784011

>women's boyfriends don't allow them to have friends. they delete you off their phones and social media themselves.
>women who put up with that shit basically have no choice, they know they'll be out on the street or struggling by themselves.

What a ton of horse shit. What planet do some of you idiots live on?
>>
>>26784908
Yet emotional bonds supersede it, e.g. why you're not attracted to your mother/sister.
>>
>>26784941
Reeks of SF degeneracy. baka tbqh senpai. yo.
>>
>>26782366
You can be "friends" with a girl, just don't do things with her
>>
>>26784890
I wouldnt fuck her because I never felt sexually attracted to her.
>If this is not true, then the women is ugly.
But a lot of people say she is hot?
Honestly thats what I dont understand too, what do they see in her Xd
Its probably because she isnt a stacy. Or at leat thats my best conclusion.
>>
>>26784991
I'd say post a picture of her, because thats the only way we can actually say if she is ugly or not.
>>
I was about to say yes if they're ugly but then I realized that this is probably the same thing girls with orbiters think.
>>
>>26785050
I think this is safe enough image.
>>
>>26784908
Doesn't matter. Just because fucking is a top priority doesn't mean I want to fuck everything in sight. Again, I'm not a teenager. I can be friends with a girl who is attractive if I'm dating a girl who is more attractive.

When you go to a restaurant, do you just lose your fucking mind and need to eat every plate of food in sight? Or are you capable of just enjoying your own plate and leaving alone a different one present?

Notable attraction isn't a given between all non-uglies, but the attraction just isn't fucking important. It's only important to you because you're a virgin or because you're hypersexual, or both.

>>26784928
Great job refuting something no one said, have a sticker smart guy.

Of course it influences me. I act different around a friend that's a pretty girl as opposed to some dude. Why is it incomprehensible for you that I may be comfortable with the friendship regardless?
>Platonic friendship and physical attraction cannot exist in the same space.
yeah it can, it's called calming the fuck down
>>
>>26785092
Hmm, she isn't that ugly. She's not stunning, but definitely not ugly.

The likely thing here is that she likes you in a romantic way, but you don't reciprocate this feeling. If you're attractive this would support this belief of mine.
>>
>>26785175
Well I'm 18. So maybe I don't have enough experience to say these kinds of things. But it's what I've noticed in my brief years.
I'm the first guy you quoted by the way.
>>
>>26782366
Males can't be friends with females: FACT
>>
File: image_3.jpg (64 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
64 KB, 640x533
>>26785492
This guy gets it.

I really don't understand why you guys would let your (would-be) gfs have male friends.
>>
>>26782717
Single mother?

blox?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.