[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the matter anon? Work hard and you can be successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
What's the matter anon? Work hard and you can be successful like me.

>born rich
>attends ivy through nepotism
>gets high paying job through nepotism

Is there an end to this meme?
>>
This pisses me off so much.

I like how those faggots are so up their asses they don't even realize they've been born into this world miles ahead of some fuck who appeared in some shitty working class family.
>>
>>26770156
>muh privlige

You sound like a little bitch m
>>
>>26770193
>implying I'm wrong
buzzwords are not an argument
>>
>>26770156
How about you stop worrying about the next man's situation, and work on improving your own? Envy is for females.
>>
>>26770193
Some people genuinely are privileged though. Just saying "muh privilege" doesn't disprove that.
>>
>>26770156
>be me
>be born to a lower-middle class family (parents taught public school)
>be accepted into multiple top-tier universities
>go to an ivy with 90% of tuition covered by financial aid

see, I think your problem is just that you're dumb
>>
>>26770206
You're right. Life's not fair. Now stop acting like a little bitch.
>>
>>26770260
>>26770258
>>26770234
>>26770193
>m-man up
thanks, guys
i hope you all die because you're huge faggots
>>
America is the land of the free. There is minimal difference between the rich and the poor. Sure it's easier to be rich if you got a slight head start, but that's life for ya'. they had good parents and poor people had bad parents. It's up to us whether we continue the cycle.

There is really no excuse. Now that burger flippers have the same investing opportunities as the billionaires poverty is 100% a lifestyle and personal choice. Want to be rich? Make lots of money and invest in VTSAX. There is nothing more to it. Find a high paying job in something that you can tolerate to build capital, then go into your own business. It helps to look the part so hang out with rich people and don't dress like a poor person.
>>
File: 0204162219a-1.jpg (242 KB, 1331x1313) Image search: [Google]
0204162219a-1.jpg
242 KB, 1331x1313
>born into middle class family.
>get financial aid.
>get promoted at job because I work hard and am reliable.
haven't got a well paying job but it puts food on the table and allows me to sample any class subject I choose. Life is comfy when you work hard and use yer noggin.

>mfw people complain how shitty their life is when they use all their free time for consumeristic activities.
>>
The awesome thing about being white is I can easily dress like these guys and you'll never know I'm just middle class
>>
>>26770099
Class warfare my ninja that's how we end this
>>
File: 1450600899714.jpg (63 KB, 693x479) Image search: [Google]
1450600899714.jpg
63 KB, 693x479
>>26770446
Nah, race war will get the job done.
>>
>>26770506
> rich white people are a problem
> "lets exterminate poor blacks!"

Racist logic
>>
>>26770287
I hope you're trolling.
>>
>>26770258
Good for you anon, but your example doesn't fit here, you see people are talking about nepotism in the job market. So they're different situations
>>
>>26770644
Notice how you didn't get muted for that unoriginal post?
It's because no one on r9k has ever been as much of a faggot as you are.
Amazing. Fuck off back to Facebook, retard
>>
>>26770402
Nowadays this is called getting lucky.
>>
>>26770926
You're an idiot if you posted that first post at the top of the chain.

It's the kind of shit that republicans tell working class whites so they will vote against their economic interests.

Promptly kill yourself.
>>
>>26770287
This is how society perpetually dies
>>
>>26770193
Money and connection is a real privilege though. You can be born black and be otherkin transfat hermaphrodite and you'll still have a better life that 99% of people if your family is rich.
>>
>>26770287
>becoming a billionaire is as easy as investing in VTSAX

BILLIONAIRES HATE HIM! ONE SIMPLE GET RICH QUICK LITERALLY NO ONE IN THE WORLD SEES EXCEPT FOR HIM!
>>
>>26770099

Is there an end to those doubles?

Also, your attitde is more detremental to your success than anything.
>>
>>26770402
>>born into middle class family.
>>get financial aid.
stopped reading there lol

if you're white and middle class you don't get shit from financial aid
>>
>>26771371
Sure thing, Chad.
>>
>>26771430
Not him but I did pretty good. Maybe my family just lives above their means. I didn't get everything but about 60% of university was paid. The rest was in loans. So yeah, not great but it means instead of $20,000 a year it was costing about $8000 a year.
>>
>>26770099
>all these retards ITT who claim they're doing well in life because of THEIR 'hard work'

Just remember, for every you, there are 1000 people who were in the same conditions as you, worked just as hard, or even harder, but ended up nowhere. And also for every you, there are a bunch of people who never worked a day in their loves and are doing infinitely better than you.

Life is 95% luck, most people dont realize that until they hit the wall, the wall they cant get over no matter what
>>
>>26770287
congratulations this is the most idiotic and ill informed post ive read on 4chan in atleast the month of february
>>
File: 1430159666748.png (1 MB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
1430159666748.png
1 MB, 1201x884
>>26770099
I went to highschool with people like this. I hate them so fucking much.
>got away with everything
>partied all the time
>had the nicest cars
>treated everyone like shit
>literally complained about their maids not doing their jobs right
>one group took their private jet to eat at a restaurant in another state, then flew back the same day to make it to the prom dance
>richfags would go to parties
>get drunk as fuck
>total their sports car
>their parents would just buy them a brand new one the next weekend and wouldn't give a shit
>post pictures of them on their yachts
>get so confused when they hear that some people don't travel every summer or only have one house
>dumb as shit
>buy their way into nice colleges
>will inevitably have nice jobs
I absolutely hate these people.
>>
>>26770099
>attends ivy through nepotism

Literally how? They'd still have to check your SAT score.
>>
>>26771760
They'll even let an elementary schooler in if you show them the right amount of cash, through the people connections
>>
>>26771760
Money is everything, anon. Everyone has their price.
>>
>>26770644

No troll, seeing market average returns is a pretty good way to go about things. The stock market isn't some arcane arts thing. Noone can beat average. Anomalies exist but you might as well play lottery if that's how you want to do things. Average is good. We're talking 8-12% average over decades.

>>26771154

It is how society grows. You have to invest in order to create more jobs. Businesses don't just grow on trees after all. Also having some stake in society helps you to be a gooder goy. No impotetent bitterness about le wall street fatcats when you own a (smaller)slice of the pie alongside them.
>>26771328

My whole point of everyone being aware of and having access to mutual funds is that everyone is aware of and has access to mutual funds.

Most people are content to just complain about how unfair it is people can buy stock and then make a profit on their investment instead of doing it themselves.

Billionaires don't give a shit because they do the exact same thing

>>26771602

>black lives mater
>gibsmedat
>fucking white privilege
>it be whitey fault me no understand punctuation or opening free back accounts
>>
File: no dude.jpg (45 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
no dude.jpg
45 KB, 556x561
>>26771527
Damn, that's how you justify shoving a thumb up your ass and do nothing worthwhile?
>>
>>26771760
>>26771805
>>26771807

Legacy students are given preferential treatment, it's considered alongside how much melanin and vagina they. Money and testing is only like half of the equation. If you want Ivy league then be black, female, or be born to alumni.
>>
>>26771760
>They'll even let an elementary schooler in if you show them the right amount of cash

not really

>>26771807

yeah, to be able to keep a job is important too, you get caught with bribery, you are screwed with a nasty stain on your employment history
>>
>>26771841
>Legacy students

that's only a US thing tho
>>
>>26771820
The fuck are you talking about son? Nobody on this earth except for some godchildren do ANYTHING worthwhile.

That millionaire sitting on a fat stack of cash and that bum sitting in a cardboard house are equal on the "worthwhile-stuff-i-did" scale
>>
>>26771820

It's a cost benefit analysis. I would question his figures, but you're actually right. He weighed the options and made his decision accordingly. This is how most people operate.It's a good method but it's biggest flaw is when people act on inaccurate data.
>>
>>26771873

I'm pretty sure we have a lot of international students at Ivy League. Ivy League is only a US thing though so I guess you're sort of right.
>>
>>26771874
>That millionaire sitting on a fat stack of cash

that's a common misconception, unless you are suggesting the millionaires are too stupid to keep the value of their wealth

if they are investing their capitals, they are contributing, learn to economy
>>
>>26771873

So is the fucking Ivy league.
>>
>>26771874

Lel, Is this why sjwism is so popular? If everything is subjective then they can hamster their way into really thinking they are just as good as world renowned businessmen, artists, and scientists. Such delusion sounds dangerous. It's one thing to role play but it's an extremely anti-social mindset to try and bring into the real world.
>>
File: wut.jpg (11 KB, 221x319) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
11 KB, 221x319
>>26771909
>>26771916

never mind, I'm retarded

original comment
>>
>>26771893
it is about good of a cost benefit analysis as sitting and starving instead of take risk and maybe acquire more foods/resources
>>
>>26771987

If you mean starving as in to death then sitting around doing nothing is not a good course of action. What that guy was probably trying to get at is to only put in the bare minimum such as a part time job or gibsmedats and use the S&W retirement plan. It's not my plan but he is fortunate to live at such a time the plan is viable. Cost of living hasn't been this low since berry picker days.
>>
File: 1452637837241.jpg (57 KB, 421x421) Image search: [Google]
1452637837241.jpg
57 KB, 421x421
>>26770258
>parents teach school
that means your parents have a MINIMUM combined income of like 60k at least. probably way more if they've been there a while. I went to the worst public high school in my town and teacher who had been there for 10+ years were making 70k/year
You are still miles ahead of the people who have it worse off.

Both my parents were meth addict welfare queens and we had a total income of like 25k per year and usually lived in cockroach infested motels or trailers. lowest of the low. I somehow managed to beat the odds and graduated high school but im only going to community college and then transferring to a shitty in state uni
>>
>>26771812
You're just plain wrong though, in that you grossly underestimate how relative advantage disproportionately benefits the already well off.

Wealth is generally condusive to a virtuous cycle, whereas poverty a vicious cycle.

The marginal rate at which a poor person can buy into a mutual fund is blown out by the guy who has a much larger initial sum of investment capital.

It's not just a small advantage that some get, it's a systematic and conclusive advantage which the less well-off will struggle to ever match.

Not to mention the sheer frequency and intensity of setbacks you are likely to face if you are lower class, from bad schools to dangerous environments to exposure to bad social connections.

To think anybody has complete control over these factors is crazy, and you only get to control it partially if you have money and connections to begin with, unless you are both seriously gifted and seiously lucky.

I could post a bunch of facts and statistics to support my claims but since this is 4chan...
>>
>>26770258
>parents taught public school

yeah fuck off stupid cunt
>>
>>26772156
you are like 200% better than your parents tho, from the household you came from, damn, it takes some serious grits to reach your point
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.