[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can some femanons point out to me things that really scare you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: 1454732069364s.jpg (7 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1454732069364s.jpg
7 KB, 217x250
can some femanons point out to me things that really scare you in a guy? I don't mean creepy, straight up scary.

Context:
>See this qt often at the groceries store
>always run into her in either the frozen food or canned food aisle
>good 8/10, always looks neutral with an hint of pissed off
>I got a thing for cool beauties so she's dream girl
>not my first time flirting, none of that stuttering sperg shit
>just introduce myself like normal, smile and offer handshake
>she stares at me like a deer about to get hit by a van
>good 5 seconds of total silence with mix of fear and panic on her face
>she turns around and speed walk towards the bathrooms
>Wat.jpg

she didn't look creeped out at all, just scared. I've been told I'm kinda scary before but this is a first so I'd like to have a female opinion on stuff that will make you nope the fuck out.
>>
if she's like me when I go grocery shopping, she's completely in a zone of getting what she needs and getting out of there and anything that interrupts this is completely disorienting. not everyone is receptive to being social in the grocery store.
>>
I have no idea what you look like but it sounds like you know that's the reason.
>>
>>26746430
post face pic? Are you dead ugly?
>>
>>26746502
well I know she was scared and I said less than 10 words so it has to be my appearance. maybe I didn't express it correctly but I'm looking for ways to look more friendly and less scary.
>>
>>26746586
Describe your face. Got any facial hair? How tall are you?
>>
>>26746586
what did you say?

was it oiginal?
>>
>>26746529
I don't post pics here, but if that's any help when I get a compliment it's always ''you're handsome''. which for girls my age where I'm from seems to translate as ''you look good, just not enough for me''
>>
some of us are weird about being approached like that by random strangers.
>>
>>26746633
>age?
Also, I think girls don't go to the supermarket to hook up, maybe try other places...
>>
File: 1456298846038.jpg (54 KB, 410x409) Image search: [Google]
1456298846038.jpg
54 KB, 410x409
>>26746430
I'm a guy and my social autism makes me act like that when strangers talk to me, she's probably the same, no need to worry anon
>>
>>26746693
I usually don't either it's just this girl in particular looked like exactly what.
>>
>>26746633
Are you white? How old are you? Weight? Body type? Facial hair? Clothes. Give me something to work with.
>>
>>26746615
funniest way someone described my face was angry monk ( I'm white) cleaned shaved beard and shaved head because of a scar on the back of my head that fucks up any decent haircut. 1M77 no idea how tall that is in foots and I dress pretty generic
>>
any stranger talking to me puts me into instant "remember I have a knife in my pocket and aim for the neck" mode

go to a bar or club if you want to chat up strangers like a non-autist
>>
>>26746751
21 years old and around 180 pounds I think I train at home now so I can't really weight myself.
>>
File: 1455561973363.png (132 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1455561973363.png
132 KB, 554x439
Guys who randomly ask you your name as a way to begin a conversation. that shit is scary. instead of striking up a conversation and warming up to an introduction they just demand your name, they don't even introduce themselves first.
>>
>>26746765
do you look more like ed kowalcyzk or maynard keenan?
>>
Are you a chad OP?

Just post pics, you are anonymous anyway
>>
>>26746810
damn is it really? I always do that.
>>
What sort of a fucking freak introduces themselves to a girl in a supermarket

I would be fucking scared if an 8/10 chick introduced themselves to me at the supermarket
>>
>>26746858
I'd say ed if he grew up in a low income area instead of being a pretty boy. I don't look like a poster for drug abuse
>>
>>26746860
not chad, pretty sure chad looks friendly and doesn't deal with stuff like this
>>26746889
like I said I don't usually do this it's just I wanted her in particular
>>
>>26746889
You'd be scared if any chick talked to you
>>
OP there's about 1000 possibilities but most likely is you just look scary, sorry
>>
>>26746945
dude just save us some time and post your fucking face
>>
>>26746961
yeah the more I talk about it the more I realize it, sucks that there's so many guides out there on confidence and all that but nothing on how to act more friendly.
>>
Thanks everyone for your inputs

TIL no supermarket approach, think of something funny and don't go straight for introductions.
>>
File: 1455216306400.jpg (83 KB, 330x274) Image search: [Google]
1455216306400.jpg
83 KB, 330x274
>>26747100
Not gonna show us how you look

you fucking cunt?
>>
>>26746430
>offer handshake
It's not a business meeting OP.
>>
>>26747137
that would require me standing up and going all the way to the bathroom to take a new pic just so you fucktards don't reverse search and find my facebook. Plus I don't give away meaningful information to someone I can't beat the shit out of if they use it to fuck with me
>>
I find women tend to get really scared if you approach them while covered in blood and holding a weapon, not sure why though.
>>
>>26747147
How else do you initiate physical contact? go straight for the bear hug and hope they don't call the police?
>>
>>26747260
shouldn't that show you're alpha? I'm confused.
>>
File: Sip.gif (398 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
Sip.gif
398 KB, 500x460
>>26747232
I doubt reverse searching your image would help us find you

unless you were famous

Besides senpai, this is r9k, everyone is pretty much innocent here
>>
>>26747261
why do you need to initiate physical contact in the first place
>>
>>26747232
Then don't bother making the thread you pussy, nobody here can tell you the problem unless we see you
>>
>>26747329
innocent like last week when josh got tricked into showing his peepee by my new favorite anon.

also if I reverse search my pics right now first link is my fucking facebook directly, I don't think you need to be famous I got like 20 friends
>>
>>26747367
I really just want general tips on how to look friendly, it's you guys that jumped on appearance first? isn't there some magic non threatening body language? a way to force a smile and not look like I'm plotting something? That's what I want
>>
File: 1450087225846.jpg (39 KB, 326x390) Image search: [Google]
1450087225846.jpg
39 KB, 326x390
>>26747419
Why are you so hostile?

Forget I ever asked
>>
>>26747502
Meant for

>>26747388
Original comment....plsnomute
>>
>>26747502
shit I don't mean to be, anime pics keep me on my toes for some reason.
>>
Are you a knob, OP?

No offense or anything.
>>
File: 1435366599055.jpg (73 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1435366599055.jpg
73 KB, 800x598
>>26746889
>What sort of a fucking freak introduces themselves to a girl in a supermarket
>>
>>26747661
none taken. If I can't keep my cool on a Taiwanese culinary board and get defensive when people post cute shit then I guess I am. It's fun talking with you guys tho
>>
Yeah that's what happens when a guy that isn't up to standards approaches a hottie.

btw real life isn't a movie, you don't approach at the grocery store when the chick is just trying to get her shit and go home. The store isn't a fucking bar or a club.
>>
>>26747261
Trying to initiate physical contact with a complete stranger is odd and most people will shy away from it in normal situations. There's a time and a place for that and it's not the first time you meet in a supermarket while she's trying to do her shopping.

A handshake is so business-like and formal too, it doesn't make any sense in the context of running into someone at the supermarket. You'd come across as really weird and awkward doing that.
>>
>>26746472
>imblying
Women spend five to ten times longer in the grocery store than men. Do not bring up numales because they are not men. End caps and advertisements are literally meant for women doing impulse shopping.
>>
File: lizard.png (12 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
lizard.png
12 KB, 467x453
OP, I have learnt that you never approach women when they are shopping. I have learnt this and I know it so I hope you can as well

>Shopping at my local supermarket
>See a nice looking girl
>She is checking out the selection of spring onions and vegetables
>decide to make a joke
>walk over and say 'You CRY when you cut regular onions but when you cut SPRING onions you BOUNCE into bed with me!'
>she turns and seems to not realise I was joking
>literally screams and asks me to leave her alone
>have to run off due to making a scene

They aren't receptive. It is simple and unfortunate.
>>
>>26748652
dude this is always in the back of my head. that is why I keep to myself when going to a store. Women seem to hate me
>>
Things that scare me in a guy?

>too muscular
>tanned in a purposeful way
>looks me straight in the eye and insists on looking me straight in the eye even though I'm visibly upset about it
>pick up lines, sexual jokes, yep, guys whose humour gravitates around sex make me want to kms.
>>
>>26749120

wtf do you like then?
>>
>>26748652
Good lord never tell that joke or any like it ever again
>>
>>26748652
You fucking retard, even chad would have trouble being that flat out with a complete fucking stranger. You can be cheeky but that was fucking cringey....
>>
>>26746430
>>26748652
What the fuck is wrong with you faggots? Who the fuck approaches strangers in the grocery store. People doing groceries are already in a bad mood that they have to waste time there, making lame jokes in an attempt to pick them up makes it worse. Not to mention that it's creepy as fuck also.
>>
>>26749141
I like many things anon, but males that are trying to show they care about me by doing some sort of backwards caveman flirting make me want to run away. Also, if being tanned and too muscular = bad, then can't you just assume I'm ok with, let's say, an average guy? Could even be muscular as long as it's from a sport or physical activity he enjoys. Thing is anon, I hate narcissistic men, particularly men that go to the gym, they look pathetic. I do love it when a guy has an incredible fashion sense though.
>>
>>26749240
This. OP what the fuck were you thinking? Are you legitimately autistic? You're not supposed to approach random people out in public, it's weird as fuck. Especially if you look angry.
>>
>>26749405
>Angry skinhead looking guy comes up to me while I'm shopping and extends his hand
>Better give him my number

Like this will ever work
>>
>>26746430
just let her get her god damn groceries in peace, fucking creepo
>>
I love that even here, the most autistic place on the Internet, most people have the sense to tell OP it was a bad idea.
>>
>>26749598
Because most people aren't actually autistic like OP. Most robots are just average people who had shitty childhoods with zero support and ended up getting left behind.
>>
>>26746430
The bitch prob has problems. You got confidence and that's great. Try again don't let this keep you down.
>>
>>26749711
don't listen to this guy he's lying he wants you to fail
>>
>>26749743
This

>>26749598
Please do not listen to this asshole
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK