[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot 'Side Hustle' General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: 1452663226224.jpg (52 KB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
1452663226224.jpg
52 KB, 500x556
I'm trying to tihnk of ways to supplement my income and get more money. I came across an article that got me thinking... it was about some hobo's in Canada using SquareUp to accept donations.

>>Your modern [citizen] simply doesn't carry cash anymore. That's why I've started using a SquareUp mobile credit card processor. It just plugs into my iPhone and I can accept payments anywhere; cold-approaches at gas stations and convenience stores are a cinch now that they can't reply "sorry, I don't have change"

Seems like easy money to me. I'm thinking of getting SquareUp and doing the same thing. If I approach 50 people a day, and 5 of them give me $10, that's a cool $50 per day - more than enough for me to live on in addition to what I get from the government.
>>
>trying to tihnk of ways to supplement my income
Credit card fraud, senpai.
>>
>>26740412
Shit's harder than it looks. Not that I've ever committed any kind of fraud, that would be illegal.
>>
If some hobo came up to me waving around a mobile phone credit card app I would tell him to fuck right off. You're not entitled to others money you freeloading piece of shit.
>>
>>26740423
>harder than it looks
No it's not. Order stuff online through a proxy, and have it shipped to abandoned houses.
>>
>>26740412
How is this fraud in any way? It's a donation, there's no promise of repayment or me giving them something for their money.

If you give a dollar to a bum on the street, has he committed 'fraud' ?? Give me a break.
>>
>>26740433
Yeah because my small town has so many fucking abandoned houses just sitting around everywhere.
>>26740428
I'd be a lot more likely to give hobos change than fuck around with some credit card app.
>>
>>26740444
He wasn't saying what you were suggesting was fraud, dumbass. He was suggesting credit card fraud as an option.
>>
>>26740402
>go to your local college bar around closing time. >wait for drunk chad to walk out by himself.
>beat the shit out of him
>take his wallet and remove his itunes gift card
>scrape up the serial number
>put it back inside
>put the wallet back in his pocket

CHAD BTFO'd

I guess you could take his money too
>>
File: o9870.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
o9870.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
For those interested, here's the article in question: http://www.thedailyintrusion.com/vancouvers-derelict-innovators/

Both guys interviewed say it's tough work and that people don't donate so readily. Be ready to get cursed out by guys like this: >>26740428
>>
Why don't you get a part time job? Really? Asking other people for money and then pulling out a credit card reader? You think anyone would be okay with that?
>>
>>26740466
I feel like going down this road is abandoning the traditional ally of the hungry hobo, the bleeding heart with a pocket of change which they don't care about who isn't willing to give away any real money.

Honestly last time I was in Canada really fucked me over because I usually give bums change, but I kept forgetting I had dollar coins in my pocket.
>>
>>26740450
Fraud is literally the easiest type of crime. If you fuck it up then you're a complete retard.
>>
>>26740402
>hobo
>iPhone
>credit card processor

Who in their right mind would trust someone like this?
>>
>>26740462
That's even stupider. Why commit crimes, risk getting a criminal record, etc. when you could just make money legally via donations.
>>
>>26740490
I'm still learning
>>
OP just a fair warning if you approach me trying to get my credit card out I will knock you the fuck out and nobody will bat an eye cause u look like a bum
There's a lot of people like me out there
>>
>walking down the street late one night
>I hear a voice come from an alley as I walk by
>"'scuse me, 'scuse me mister"
>keep walking
>"EY YO, MISTER HOL' UP"
>I feel a hand grab my shoulder and I spin around to see a mangy looking man
>he shoves a credit card reader in my face and starts chanting "gimmie yo money gimme yo money gimmie yo money"
>I take out my credit card and slice him in two
>psssh nothing personnel kid
>>
Im starting up a side gig this spring where I buy bikes from police auctions and sell them for profit. Tons of profit, not a lot of work and it's legal. The most work you ever do is reattaching the brake lines which is done in less than a minute. I have a bike that I bought for $20 and I'm going to sell it for $400 (it's $550 brand new). I think I have a dozen or so lined up to sell so far. The economy is pretty bad here right now so I might not be able get a summer job (I'm a student) so this side job might become a full time thing. I don't know yet.
>>
>>26740524
Ha, why the fuck are the cops seizing a bunch of bikes?
>>
>>26740511
Why though? You could just say "no thanks".

>>26740521
I wouldn't do it at all like that though. I'd be polite about it. I'd never physically touch the person.
>>
>>26740505
Well, consider it. Buying CCs for $15 each on the darkweb translates into a shit ton of profit.
>>
I thgought the new whaling hack was interesting. The hacker gets into a business' network and sends an email to accounts masquerading as the ceo / cfo saying put $$$$$ into this account quickly please.
>>
>>26740549
When you work for a living its pretty annoying to be asked for handouts
Especially when you can afford a god damn smartphone with an attachment to read credit cards for the sole purpose of being a leech
>>
File: Bitcoinseller.jpg (31 KB, 420x480) Image search: [Google]
Bitcoinseller.jpg
31 KB, 420x480
>>26740402
>mfw rich parents
>buy me 4 room apartment
>i pay rent ~$850 a month
>rent one room out for $600 a month (cheap in my city)
>use other room and rent it out sometimes on airbnb.
>airbnb nets me $100 a night ~5-8 nights a month so total: $650

Also i get my neetbux ~$1100 a month. Feels good to earn $1500 just shitposting on 4chins
>>
>>26740572
I'm familiar with where to get them, familiar enough that I know the going rate seems to be $7-8 right now. I just need to get SOCKS proxies working and shit.
>>
Since so many of your are shitting on the idea or trying to poke holes it, let me break it down.

Basically I'd wait outside of a convenience store and ask if the person could spare some money. Most people say "I don't have change" as a way to not give anything. I'd be able to follow it up with:

>I noticed you paid with your credit card inside. I can actually accept donations using this SquareUp credit card processor. Only $5 or $10 should get me on my way. Thank you [sir/madam] and God bless.

I'm not saying every person will donate. 9/10 will still probably say no. But still, it's possible to make good money with minimal work as long as you don't mind being told 'no thanks'.
>>
>>26740606
Don't forget to chain your SOCKS with a bitcoin paid VPN. You can't trust whoever's operating the proxy to not keep IP logs.
>>
>>26740607
Honestly if you don't get them after the first time you ask, you probably won't be getting anything, and some of the time they do they're resent you. I'm happy to give a bum some money, especially if they can point me towards the local dope scene, but no credit cards.
>>
>>26740572
Is it really worth risking JAIL TIME for a few bucks profit? Seems like a shit ton of risk with not much reward.
>>
>>26740604
>buy me 4 room apartment
>i pay rent ~$850 a month
why do you pay rent on an apartment you own?
>>
>>26740607
Lmfao as soon as you whip out the credit card processor ill know you're a bum by choice and I'd right hook you then proceed to walk away
>>
File: farmerpsy.png (255 KB, 554x520) Image search: [Google]
farmerpsy.png
255 KB, 554x520
>>26740604
Leave normie roach.
>>
>>26740546
People steal bikes and leave them in random places. If there is a bike laying about it the city/police take it and hold it until someone comes to collect it. Some people don't give a shit and don't collect so after a while the cops decide to sell them off through a private auction house.
>>
>>26740607
So fucking scummy
>>
>>26740626
Look at the statistics, the police and banks don't bother going after small time fraudsters. Besides, what can they do when you're behind 7 proxies?
>>
>>26740620
True, good thinking.
>>
>>26740607
If I say I don't want to give you money just fuck off
If you persisted with some stupid credit card processor like "I watched you pay with a card" I'd smash ur phone
>>
>>26740628

Bought me the apartment so i could live in it (not a native english speaker not be a thing you say in english).

Gonna get it once they are kill so i dont have to pay a lot of taxes on it
>>
>>26740663
Well I certainly don't think your actions would be indicative of the general population. My target demographics wouldn't be people my age - it'd be middle aged people and older, who have savings/money and wouldn't mind chipping in a few dollars to help someone in need.

I also thought about getting up a GoFundMe.com page, printing out the URL on business cards and handing them out to people on the street. Even if 1/50 people who takes my card donates, I'm making good money. Enough to get by on, you know?
>>
>>26740689
You want something for nothing, that's not how things work in real life kiddo.
>>
>>26740689
Man I'd literally go out of my way to fuck you over. Maybe it's because I pay taxes but there's something about leech bastards that makes me so mad
If I see someone begging for money and they aren't obviously a mentally ill bum who hasn't eaten in a week I go out of my way to tell people not to give them money and if there's no cops nearby or people who seem like they'd care I'd smash ur phone, kick u in the dick, and run away
U know what else gives u enough to get by on? A job
>>
No one is gonna trust a hobo who spent his change on a card processor.

It'll just reinforce the idea that he doesn't actually want to work. That he chose begging as a full time job.

I'd say "no, not interested" and walk away.

At which point they'd probably follow me around keeping the begging up. At this point, I'd rightfully sock them in the face.
>>
>>26740791
Some people are too awkward to say "no thanks, not interested" after they've already said "I don't have change" as their reason for not giving. By saying they don't have change, they imply that they WOULD give you some money if they had a way to do it. Then I present them with the SquareUp option and it paints them into a logical corner.

Like I keep saying, I don't expect this to work on everyone. The majority of people will say no and that's fine. It's a numbers game. How many people go in and out of a 7-11 over the course of 2-3 hours? Maybe 100 or 150? If I can make $50 during those 2-3hrs then it's time well spent, a wage waaay higher than I'd get with a part time job and it's TAX FREE.
>>
>>26740846
I guess I'm not gonna talk u out of it
You better look like a serious bum or there's 100% chance you're getting robbed and beaten
Even if you look like youve lived on the streets for a decade there's a good chance ull get an asshole
>>
>>26740846
I hereby bestow you the title of "Honorary Nigger"

I bet you're voting for Bernie "Free Shit" Sanders
>>
>>26740846
>change pls?
Sorry bro can't do it
>square up then?

Pls do this to a large black gentleman
>>
>>26740846

So your plan is to take advantage of poor betas and those with social anxiety, people who've been beaten down by society and taught not to say "no", by ambushing them on the street.

You're scum mate.

Secondly, no one is gonna throw a tenner away at a bum... That's way too much. You get change, not notes idiot.
>>
>>26740503
Because he asked for ways to supplement his cash flow.
>>
>>26740846

Also, I hope someone beats you and steals the card processor.

EVERY TIME YOU GET ONE.

In fact, that's what I'm gonna do now. If/When someone tries this shit on me, I'm stealing that card processor. Fuck them - go earn your fucking money, begging aint a full time job and you aint providing any service for the money so go fuck yourself. Stick to change.
>>
>>26740846
If a bum walled up to me tryna get my credit card I'd stab the fuck out of him and claim he attacked me
Nobody takes the bums side
>>
>>26740759
Edgy af desu

>"leeching"

Fucking kek, yes your indignation over the fact that someone else decides to live a different lifestyle than you gives you the right to assault them and because they're not "the right kind of homeless" they're totally not human anyway!!!

You fell for the demonization of the poor meme, the world would objectively be a better place if you killed yourself, your labor & taxes aren't worth as much as you think they are, faggot
>>
panhandling is illegal
>>
>>26740846
Your plan is fucking retard dude
Instead of waiting outside a convenience store and asking for people to pay you with a credit card since you saw them pay with one you do this
>wait outside convenience store
>spot someone paying with cash (far more likely)
>watch as they get change
>ask them for money
>if they say no then fine
>if they say sorry no change tell them hey but I saw you get change
>>
>>26740846
If you asked for a handout via plastic I would rape you. Not even kidding I'd act all buddy buddy get you alone buy u stuff give u the money u asked for.. But I'd get my money's worth
>>
>start exercise program running every morning
>take note of what happens around the neighbourhood
>find elderly people living by themselves
>knock on door one night
>blunt object to face
>steal all their valuables
>leave without trace
>>
>>26740877
Tell me who's a better candidate there bud. Trump? LOL

>>26740880
I can see him saying no, or at worst "man don't come at me with that shit". But physically assaulting me and risking a criminal record? Nah.

>>26740882
Am I really taking advantage? These people have freewill and all.

>>26740897
I guess I should've specified "legal" options.
>>
>>26740910
Whatever u say man child
Try ur plan out see how people like some jobless Autist approaching them for the sole purpose of leeching off them
>>
>>26740910
I am poor you fucking idiot
I work god damn hard for my money and ill be damned if you think you cn get it just by asking me on the street
>>
>>26740402
>cold-approaches at gas stations and convenience stores are a cinch now that they can't reply "sorry, I don't have change"

if some cunt came up to me asking for money and said "oh I accept card" when told I dont have any change he'd get fucking bashed
>>
>>26740930
People get assaulted for a lot lesser reasons
being harassed for money isn't fun
>>
>>26740910
you are a parasitic scum actually
I've observed your kind all the time
You always approach timid looking people or women
It's never Chad you approach
>>
>>26740402

>"homeless"
>has a fucking iphone
>has POS MACHINE on it
>>
>>26740962
This
If some fucker came up and I said sorry no change, and he whipped out this credit card processor, I would smack that cunt into next week
>>
Ultimately, bums will get my money when they're willing to buy me booze. Being under 21 sucks, need to deal with it some way.
>>
>>26740930
>Am I really taking advantage?

You said it yourself. Some people are too socially awkward to say "no".

You literally said you'd be targetting those people.

So yeah, taking advantage. Scumbag.
>>
>>26740930
All it takes is one person having a bad day to get knocked the fuck out
When I'm getting something from the store I'm doing just that. Not giving my money away cause some asshole is lazy
>>
>>26740962
Yeah but keep in mind that I wouldn't be approaching the early 20s keyboard warrior who looks like he has no money.

I'd specifically target middle aged people and older - people who have discretionary income and can afford to donate a couple bucks to a good cause
>>
>>26741004
>I'd specifically target middle aged people and older

they are the most paranoid about getting their "money stolen by the internet" though
>>
>>26741004
U know middle aged people post here right? U wouldn't be able to tell if a guys going to sucker you until you go up to him and ask for a handout
>>
>>26741004

So basically you're targeting socially awkward, possibly old and scared people who don't want to say "no", and who you'd be able to beat in a fight because you're a fuckin cowardly cocksucker - and you literally had to ask "Is it really taking advantage of them tho?".

Changing my rules. If I see anyone doing this, doesn't even have to be to me now, I'mma sock them in the face and "confiscate" the card processor.
>>
>>26741004

nobody is going to fucking get their bankcards out for you mate, they'll either ignore you or assume you're going to jump them or bash them for their pin numbers, what you'll have done is waste money on a POS machine
>>
>>26741015
Hmm I hadn't thought of that. Finally somebody raises a good point.

Maybe I'll just load up the SquareUp informational video and have the person watch it on my phone if they're apprehensive?
>>
>>26741037
>Maybe I'll just load up the SquareUp informational video and have the person watch it on my phone if they're apprehensive?

oh, this is a shitty bait thread? never mind then.
>>
>>26741004
So you only approach socially awkward people who look friendly
Luckily I'm the type of guy that hobos love to approach and ask for handouts because I look timid
I always say no, no change sorry. If one ever whips out the iPhone + credit card processor I wouldn't think twice, just smash that cunt in the face and stamp on his phone
I'll tell the police he tried to rob me, who will the police believe?
>>
>>26741037
I hope ur trolling
>>
File: 615516.png (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
615516.png
6 KB, 225x225
>>26740402

>people actually replying
>>
>>26740521
TOP KEK

anon ur really funny <3
>>
>>26740402

If some homeless guy came up to me with a fucking smartphone asking for money, I would tell him to fuck off and go pawn it.
>>
>>26740498
>Who in their right mind would trust someone like this?
Yeah I mean what the fuck, some random guy comes up to you and says hey put your credit card in this thing it's all safe I swear.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK