[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like travelling to syria to fight isis to put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 1454888988015.jpg (97 KB, 691x960) Image search: [Google]
1454888988015.jpg
97 KB, 691x960
Anyone else feel like travelling to syria to fight isis to put some meaning in their repetitive, boring lives? I would be much happier dying while fighting in the newsades than living as a NEET.
>>
they don't need substandard manpower, they need money
>>
>>26734633
Why not join isis
>>
At one point I wanted the Kurds, but the reality is, if you're posting here, no one actually wants you. Robot types have been rejected by the Kurds and used as disposable pawns by Daesh
>>
I don't feel like dying for other people, or being captured and beheaded
>>
>>26734648
kek, any manpower is good for those sand people

having whites fight with them is probably good for morale

another gun shooting bullets at the enemy is always better than not
>>
>>26734665
If a robot joined ISIS, they would laugh at him behind his back and then send him on a suicide bombing. That's what they did to that socially isolated Australian teen.
>>
>>26734665
They're on the opposite side of me in the race/holy war that we're seeing unravel.
>>
>>26734689
From the reports I've heard the car he drove with the IED in it didn't even get kill anyone, his car was disabled before he could get to his target.
>>
>>26734667
Who wants to be accepted by Kurdish people? They hardly have any history or culture. Pretty much gypsy-tier.

It's funny how Arabs cucked Kurds (and other Middle Eastern ethnicities) that even the ones with NO relation to Arabs claim they're Arab and desperately try to cling on to Arab culture.
>>
>>26734729

If this "Holy War" is actually a race war in disguise, then it's actually not a Holy War is it?
>>
>>26734776
He didn't mean race war, he meant race OR war
Assuming he is christerino
>>
>>26734776
Little bit from column a, little bit from column b
>>
>>26734633

I would fight ISIS if they became a big enough threat to the U.S and the Western world after they managed to take over Iraq and the Levant.

However, what's clearly being shown is that ISIS is being severely weakened by Russia, U.S, and Syria and they're rapidly losing territories and soldiers.

ISIS is ceasing to be a threat, which is good. They were directionless fanatics. Anyone who supported them has had their head screwed on the wrong side.
>>
>>26734798

Oh. That was my mistake then.
>>
File: 1455788876057.gif (924 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455788876057.gif
924 KB, 500x281
Learning about how authoritarian Rojava has become was one of the most disappointing things of my life. I wish I was around in 1936 so I could have fought in the Durruti Column. There's no freedom or adventure ever in this shitty capitalist life, every day is just boring and shitty and we get only one chance to live. We're spending our only chance at life in chains and as slaves to other people, just working to make them rich, and there's literally nothing we can do about it.
>>
>>26734819
I do feel bad that the US took out Hussein and Ghaddafi when they were implementing at least some semblance of order in their countries and left the citizens in chaos, so I can understand why they feel the need to unite the middle east under one caliphate against the west. Not that I support their methods, but they do have reason to be angry
>>
>>26734819
I love how no one notices this. It's really been a huge win for Putin, even if I don't like to admit it.
>>26734848
That crushed me too. I was genuinely hopefully about the future at one point because I wanted to get over there, but the dream died, and now I'm just kind of surrendering.
>>
>>26734633
have fun dying to turks and the cia
>>
How do you guys feel about ISIS' territories being taken by Kurdistan?

ISIS is getting btfo'd and i'm here for it!
>>
>>26734965
It's not just Kurdistan at this point. Everyone is knocking the shit out of them. The Kurds are being Kurds, The Iraqi's finally got their shit together, and Assad can do some serious shit with the heft of the Russian air force behind him,
>>
>>26734938
>Cia
Why would they kill me if i was fighting isis?
>>
>>26735052
>being this bluepilled
>>
>>26734984

I think Assad's forces and Kurdistans are taking it back though. ISIS political moves were very dumb though, I get they ascribed to a fanatic religious ideology but you can't piss everyone off and expect to win because God will save you. No, God helps the men who help themselves (in theory).

Saudi Arabia and Turkey invested a lot of money into ISIS so they can fuck the Kurds off and Assad's Shia Islam regime. They're pretty pissed about ISIS losing of course. I heard Saudi Arabia was gathering its troops with Turkey and they were going to go into Syria with their allies. I'm not sure if that's true though.

Russia and U.S agreed to ceasefire, only a partial truce though. I hope the Civil War in Syria is going to end and the region will regain stability.
>>
>>26734667
>Robot types have been rejected by the Kurds

Their loss, then?
>>
>>26734633
If you can fire a gun and follow orders the Kurds'll probably take you in to help them fight ISIS. They need all the help they can get. The Turks will try to kill you though.
>>
>>26735133
Care to elaborate with proof?
>>
>>26735142
I think it's meaningful that Russia brought groups to the talking table, because almost all analysis of this situation I've heard have predicted either a joint government with the rebels and Assad, or two separate states, and we're that much closer to one of those solutions. At this point it's pretty much all over, and I think we'll just see a slow dogpile into ISIS territory followed by their transition into a purely terroristic group. That will suck, but hopefully it will weaken them enough to reduce their ability/desire to strike targets outside of the reason. Maybe the leadership will flee to another area where fighters declare allegiance to them, like Boko Haram
>>
File: fgajhwfbjhdnj.jpg (211 KB, 620x339) Image search: [Google]
fgajhwfbjhdnj.jpg
211 KB, 620x339
>>26735187
I'm not going to spoonfeed you.

It's all apart of the oil wars.
>>
>>26735165
Everyone else in the thread said ISIS wont last much longer though, are they really that desperate? and why would turks try to kill me?
>>
>>26735165
No, they really won't. They use qualified trained people mostly in media op's, and will straight up reject people who seem like they're joining because of personal problems. They also reject young foreigners a lot of the time, even if they let 16 year old locals fight (16 year old peshmerga qt's are very qt).
>>
>>26735236
The Turks have been fighting with the Kurds since long before anyone even dreamed of creating ISIS. The YPG, the group in charge of Syrian Rojava, was essentially born out of a terrorist/revolutionary group active in Turkish Kurdistan. Can't remember their acronym.
>>
>>26735214
Oh, so you're just shitposting then.
>>
>>26735283
I've provided you something to look in to. If you're too stupid and uninterested to research yourself, I can't help you.
>>
File: 1439213234815.jpg (655 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1439213234815.jpg
655 KB, 800x533
>>26734633
I'm going to the army soon, i hope i get to dispatch muslims or russians if ww3 comes
>>
>>26735306
All you said was "the oil wars", how the fuck does that tell me why the cia WANTS isis in syria. It doesn't.
>>
>>26735329
I don't think Putin is stupid enough to do anything major enough to cause actual war with the west. He knows the line to walk, and would probably turn back if he overstepped.

Though who knows, maybe it's just like 1930's appeasement and will end in the same way.
>>
>>26735366
I mean to play devil's advocate, it nearly toppled a Russia friendly regime. There's kind of been open season on those lately.
>>
>>26735366
to remove assad you clueless twat
>>
>>26735366
I mean personally this is basically just Afghanistan 2.0 with the CIA being less malicious than just unbelievably shortsighted.
>>
>>26735386
Well that tells me more. Thats more like it anon.
>>
>>26735410
Assad was aligned with Putin, as was Ghadaffi, who went down pretty hard. The regions from Africa where the Arab Spring hit hard and early actually have supplied a lot of ISIS fighters. The biggest contributor of foreign fighters has been Tunisia. These regimes weren't exactly good, but they managed to control jihadism to at least a degree.
>>
>>26735392
The CIA isnt that shortsighted that they think a group of poorly trained and equipped sandmen making up a fraction of syrias army can take out assad. "You clueless twat".
>>
>>26735211

Yeah, I think it will probably be the rebels and Assad government rather. Though Sunni Muslim nations dislike Assad government and they may try to directly attack it under a proxy, like ANOTHER terrorist group or an actual state.

>>26735409
It's more serious tho because Syria was one of the leading countries in Levant, right?

That region is way too unstable, how do we make it better?
>>
>>26735479
Basically the only way to salvage this shitfest is to absolutely curbstomp ISIS into oblivion, prepare to deal with the enduring terrorist threat which is sure to follow, and either try to create a joint Sunni majority-Assad government with either Kurdish autonomy or Kurdistan removed. That or just divide up the country of Syria. Like Iraq, Syria was just an arbitrarily created state that really did not fucking work without a strongman holding everything together.
>>
>>26735479
Give assad total authority. It worked in iraq and libya.
>>
>>26735475
>poorly trained

I don't think they are. I think they're a threat. They just had unwise political choices because they were blinded by their fanatic ideology and now they're suffering from it.

If there was a terrorist group made in the vein of ISIS after it falls that has a clear direction and wiser political moves than they'd probably manage to pose a strong threat to governments like Assad's.

If I was them I'd make allies with Sunni Islamic nations and get the protection of them as well as their troops and $$$.

Basically what ISIS is doing, but better.

Though I of course don't want this to happen. kek.. But it'll probably come soon...
That or ISIS realizes their faults (doubt it) or somehow get short-lived power
>>
File: gaddafi .jpg (37 KB, 370x272) Image search: [Google]
gaddafi .jpg
37 KB, 370x272
>>26735475
>The CIA isnt that shortsighted that they think a group of poorly trained and equipped sandmen making up a fraction of syrias army can take out assad. "You clueless twat".

you're unbelievably dumb
>>
>>26735527

Syria was connected to Iraq before? How did it look like?

People pretty much hate Kurds, I think dividing it would be a better choice.

Also, if I'm not wrong were a lot of the boundaries in the present-day Middle Eastern and North African region made up by Westerners?
>>
>>26735530
That would work if anyone was willing to accept it, but they won't. That would just keep the war going.
>>26735536
It's too late for ISIS. The situation isn't one which would allow Sunni nations to protect it. The most they might be able to do is hide leadership the way they did with Al Qaeda leadership. To anyone who hasn't heard, the official story about Osama Bin Laden is bullshit. He had been held by Pakistani authorities to try to keep a lose hold on the movement and protected by wealthy Saudis, potentially the top levels of the Saudi government, until eventually the US just said "Okay, the jig is up, we're taking him out"
>>
>>26735575
Before it was all ran by the Ottomans, and things had been like that for centuries. The Ottomans performed a similar role as dictators like Assad and Saddam did.
>>
>>26735571
America intervened then, idiot. Only reason they aren't now is because Russia stopped them from intervening back in 2014.
>>
>>26735630

I never read up on the Ottomans, but it's amazing how their territory included Algeria even. wew.

Will the Ottomans rise again?
>>
>>26735805
No. Ataturk destroyed any semblance of the Ottomans ever existing again. Turkey would be happy to re exert it's influence throughout the middle east, but not in the same way
>>
I wish I'd gotten some military experience at some point and wasn't such a chickenshit. I'd really love to shoot up some Arab rats and find a qt Kurdish waifu to fight by my side...
>>
>>26735837

Will any Middle Eastern or Central Asian or predominately Muslim group rise again?

West Europe and East Asia need to BTFO. its getting too far
>>
>>26736076
I mean it's really about Shi'ites and Sunni's, and both of those groups are still powerful.
>>
File: fravahar_fg07h692.jpg (22 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
fravahar_fg07h692.jpg
22 KB, 500x208
>>26736076

The Arabian states run out of oil and water. Mass die off begins. Persian empire rises again.
>>
>>26736160
Don't the Iranians depend on oil just about as much as the Arabians?
>>
>>26736160
Zoroastrianism is making a slow comeback among Iranian peoples

It's an open secret that Islam is being considered an "arab" thing with too many headaches
>>
>>26736194

They're (mostly) not in the middle of a desert, so they won't need to worry about water issues.
>>
>>26736239
If a Zorastrianist revolution in Iran started I seriously might need to go join it.
>>
>>26736246

Uh, as far as I know a lot of their land is a desert or at least a barren mountainous region (yeah I know, different. I can't remember well though)

>>26736239

>Zoroastrianism

Maybe. I don't know.

It could be just a short lived phase like the conservatism of the 80's was
>>
>>26736239

Literally no one there thinks that. I know that you think memes shared on a Mauritanian lint collecting forum equals world opinion, but that's not actually the case.

The political problems in the Middle East aren't going to magically disappear because people converted from shitty bronze age religion to another shitty bronze age religion.
>>
>>26734633
Israel pls go
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.