[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stacy asks Mr. Autismo out to prom!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: Nice Girl.jpg (21 KB, 400x716) Image search: [Google]
Nice Girl.jpg
21 KB, 400x716
So /r9k/, what's your reaction to this. Stacy asked out an autistic boy to prom...who says they're mean?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-high-school-cheerleader-asks-autistic-boy-prom-article-1.2542136
>>
>>26731612
she's just doing it for the attention, she doesn't like him and never would. it's like when Chad goes out with the downs syndrome girl
>>
>>26731612
>literally tricking the guy into think she likes him

She literally is doing this just to get more popular. Look, it already made the news.
>>
>>26731612
I'd decline because I know it'd be some kind of sick ruse.
>>
>>26731612
Probably did it to seem like a "nice" person, and to gain attention. Wouldn't be surprised if he got ditched on prom night.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1243x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1243x1920
>>26731612
>an autist getting asked out is literally fucking news worthy
Why even bother? It's a cheap move to seem tolerant and compassionate, it's extremely patronizing and a bit degrading. Surely this is transparent to everyone, right?
>>
LOL at all these basement-dwellers thinking this is some devious plot.

She's just nice, you retards.
>>
is that the fat black autist that posts in the omegle threads all the fucking time?
>>
I tried to post this yesterday but the system said it was spam or something, so I just said fuck it. But yeah, basically what everyone else is saying, that it's just for attention and whatnot
>>
>>26731707
this

people arent always as cynical as you guys think
>>
>>26731705
Literally this. The fact that it was so "amazing" and whatever is just gross. Blatantly patronizing
>>
>>26731707
>She's just nice
Yeah, she's so nice that she's now made national news. Surely if there wasn't a news crew standing around snapping photos of what a Saint she is, she still would have done it. Because surely she isn't attention whoring for the New York Daily News. Yep, no ulterior motives here.
>>
>>26731707
that kind of thinking is still insulting though, she probably doesn't care for this guy on any level other than superficial. Sure it's nice on the surface, but ultimately is devoid of emotional significance.
>>
>>26731612
She reminds me of my crush from back in HS...

Anyways, she's doing it for attention to look like a good girl. It's for exposure. I doubt she will even spend the entire time with him. It will probably make him feel worse.
>>
Pretty fucking cruel
but I'd accept obviously
>>
Lol this is such a trick

That dude, like us, is going to have a sad life.
>>
>>26731707
How can you claim there are no ulterior motives when she went to such lengths to make sure it was publicized

In a way it's nice, in a way it's degrading and exploitative, and the kid isn't even self aware enough to realize it. I guess he's happy. Maybe that's all that matters. But the whole affair leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>26731707
She is only doing it because people are going "awwwhh" and cheering her on. She would never, for instance, invite him to come along with her to Chad's house party because she wants him to have fun and enjoy life.
>>
File: 1454649216437.jpg (1 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
1454649216437.jpg
1 MB, 4928x3264
>>26731705
The news needs something to talk about while Trump is alseep, desu.
>>
>>26731827
>"I've already gone to two proms," the 17-year-old told my PalmBeachPost about why she decided to ask her friend Jonathan to be her date. "I wanted him to have the same feeling."

>"Personally, I think this going to be the most special prom for me because I'll be making someone else happy," Bartosik said.
>>
File: 1429850171479.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1429850171479.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>imblying

"Thanks for taking my gf to the prom little man, but I'm have to borrow her for the party tonight"
>>
>>26731707
She does look like a nice girl tbqh
>>
File: captcha.jpg (163 KB, 407x608) Image search: [Google]
captcha.jpg
163 KB, 407x608
>>26731878
This.

When I give a quarter to a homeless person, I don't take a photo of myself giving him the quarter and upload it to facebook with #I'mASaint
>>
>>26731612
Its just virtue signaling.
She doesn't care, she just wants to be seen as a philanthropist.
>>
>>26731707
If I gave a beggar 5000$ it'd be a really nice thing perhaps.
If I called the media and told them I'd give a beggar 5000$ they'd be on that. My profits from publicity could be much larger than what I put in.

Here she's just showing up for something. It's as close to free as it gets. And she got media attention. How fucking awful is that? Pretty fucking awful, especially considering it might hurt the autist.
>>
I honestly think this is even more mean spirited than just ignoring him

shes doing it because it makes her SEEM like a good person. it's also giving her shit loads of attention.

if there was no possibility of getting attention for doing this I sincerely doubt she'd do it.
>>
>>26731612
This is the 3rd time i see a thread about this marketing campaign. So this proves that her campaign was indeed sucessful, i can only imagine how many likes she is getting on youtube and how many retweets this video is getting.

Amazing. Exploiting a mentally challenged person just to prop your ego and image. This is the society we've become.
>>
>>26731707
>>26731751
>basement-dwellers
tumblr plz

She is not his friend, she only cares about his charity case status in society. You are naive if you believe otherwise.

If not, where the fuck were all the "nice" normies when I was an awkward teenager?
>>
>>26732014
not him but tbqh there is nothing wrong with advertizing your good deeds if it motivates you to do good deeds, if you want to prove you are good then you should go above and beyond what someone would normally do just for the publicity
>>
>>26732062
Yeah, not only is it patronizing, it's also extremely exploitative. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Reminds me of a guy who was a total loner with no friends so killed himself. He had like 5 friends on Facebook, but the moment he died normies milked his death for virtue points, finding any way to attach themselves. One guy actually told a story of a time he asked the dude for answers for homework because he forgot to do it. That was the only interaction he'd ever has with the guy. He used this as a way to seem closer to the suicide victim.

Why are normies such heartless vultures?
>>
>>26732069
How do you know she's the one who leaked it to the media?

Maybe she just wanted to do this, told a teacher or something and they took the picture/sent it to the media, without any influence from her?
>>
>>26731612
>Cheerleader ask a autistic boy to prom... for facebook likes and youtube views

The things girls will do as long there is a camera rolling.

this is disgusting, they're taking advantage of him just to look good, she just wants everyone to think how kind she is, why else would they film it? they're exploiting him for attention and praise

and autists get pity, if you're just a regular ugly awkward guy you're not going to get this treatment

this bitch is an ultimate roastie cunt
>>
>>26732180
attention is attention. if she didn't send it to the media, then she was trying to get Facebook likes from her friends and be known around school as the oh so sweet girl who took the tard to prom

the question you need to think about is whether she would or wouldn't do this if there was no possible way to milk it for attention. that's how you know if someone is decent or not.
>>
>tfw if I tried to ask an autistic girl out to prom she'd probably say no
>>
>>26731707
I'm diagnosed, will I get a gf if a Stacy is filmed asking me out?
>>
This is the saddest thing I've seen all day... poor guy
>>
>tfw autistic and this never happened to you
>tfw people will barely TALK to you.

I'd ree but I am subhuman.
>>
This is the normiest autist ive ever seen
fuck that guy desu
they all probably think he's cute and treat him well
>>
>>26732323
>the question you need to think about is whether she would or wouldn't do this if there was no possible way to milk it for attention.
You seem to be projecting your own insecurities onto her.

By your logic, no one can be nice since all kind actions have ulterior motives.
>>
>>26732083
Yea she's probably doing it just because he's autistic but think of it as volunteer work, some people do it because they're nice and the attention is a bonus. Everyone at my school was super fucking nice to the autistic kids, but I do agree that it's not news worthy at all
>>
>>26731612
You're all just getting mad because you wish it was you. Face it, being in close proximity to an attractive girl by her own choice would be the highlight of your life because it could never happen if she wasn't so charitable.

You'd be a lot happier if you all just settled for being platonic friends with women, because it's the best you're ever going to do.
>>
File: 8656865.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
8656865.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>26731612
>Stacy asked out an autistic boy to prom
>filmed it
>makes the news
>shows the whole world what a "great person" she is
poor bastard is used for some sick publicity stunt and propably doesn't even realize it
>>
>>26731612
She did it for the laiks and the upboats.
>>
>>26732638
wrong, I have no insecurities relating to anything I wrote

if you really want to take the logic a step further you can say there's no such thing as a selfless deed because doing so makes you feel good. that's autistic logic though.

if you milk a good deed for attention you're not a good person.
>>
>>26732983
>if you milk a good deed for attention you're not a good person.
Maybe, but can you prove she was milking it? She can't help it if someone else wants to pass it along to the media.
>>
>>26733023
its pretty easy to tell

just go look if she posted that photo to her facebook
>>
>>26732735
But platonic friendships with women aren't even remotely worthwhile in the first place.
>>
>>26731612
I think that there is a chance that this girl is a legitimately good-hearted person.
If you grow up as a beautiful girl or handsome boy with lots of friends, rich parents, and no real problems, you might never develop anger, cruelty and insecurity, because your world has always been sunshine and rainbows so you return that to the world.
Whereas if you are an obese, ugly, awkward guy you become bitter because the world treats you like shit, so you end up being a dick and people like you even less.
Some Stacys and Chads with good morals will try to help the lowly and oppressed, because when they first learn about the suffering of others they are naive enough to think that they can make a difference.
They don't realize that the game is rigged, and that the world is a fucked-up place, because they have never faced failure or defeat.
>>
File: 1448662855944.png (2 MB, 1020x1501) Image search: [Google]
1448662855944.png
2 MB, 1020x1501
>>26731612
Simply all the Chads were taken so she tricks a desperate orbiter that she loves him
>>
>>26733093
Highschool normies post even what they shit on the toilet on FB. I would be surprised if she didn't.
>>
>all these people saying she was doing it for the attention

Don't you think it's a little of you WANTING to see it as that so you can still keep grasping on your belief that Stacies can't be good people? Or at least could you think a highschool girl wouldn't have enough intelligence to seriously plot something like this just to get social points?
>>
I wish this bitch would ask me to the prom. Then I would have fuck her one way or the other
>>
>look how great I am
>look at how much of a loser he is
>it's literally news material that someone like me would even pay attention to someone like him
>I even videotaped his awkward reaction under the guise of memorializing a good experience when really I'm just going to sit around with my friends and laugh at it later
Only a Stacey could receive public praise for being a narcissistic, exploitative bitch.
>>
>>26734114
>do you think high school girls could seriously plot this?
There's a reason why there's a lot of suicides over "cyber-bullying" for high school girls.
Also you're either underage or homeschool, because you've obviously never talked to a high school girl.
>>
Why is this newsworthy again?
>>
>>26731707
Even if she's being genuinely nice, fuck her. Nice people only exist to make me feel guilty unintentionally about our own shitiness.
>>
>>26734232
This

Never mind the motive or anything; the disgusting part is the tongue in cheek tacit understanding that there is no reason why anyone would give a shit about him in the first place, and thus why it's so irregular that a pretty girl can only make him news when she graces him with her attention
>>
>>26734282
I'm 25 and a teacher, so I do have to talk to highschol girls often. If we're going to play guess, I'd guess you're out of touch with actual people (or at least real females), you were in a very shitty HS, and been feeding too long on the /r9k/ narrative. I might be wrong, who knows.

But still, you're putting too much faith in teens being machiavellic geniuses instead of misguided or ignorant, which is a lot more common.
>>
This is just to make her look better to a college admissions officer and increase her standing among her fellow normies.

>mfw he thinks roasties can think of anything other than their own personal gain
>>
File: 1365114516504.jpg (23 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
1365114516504.jpg
23 KB, 515x515
>>26734510
I'm 26 and a principal so my anecdotal evidence supporting the opposite of your claim carries more weight than yours :^)
>>
>>26734551
You or whoever questioned me knowing teens, I try to disprove it. If you believe it or not it's your deal. If you don't agree with me and don't want to argue then we'll agree to disagree.
>>
>>26734114

When has a woman ever done anything that wasn't for attention? I've seen pictures uploaded on facebook that was a woman showing off her bottle of wine. What am I supposed to do?

>excellent choice, fellow connoisseur. Black box chardonnay is a perfect pairing with the hamburger helper you so expertly wifey materialed

I don't think women actually enjoy anything. Men do stuff because they enjoy it. Women seem to be more like robots, the only crieteria being >did this receive attention y/no
>if yes repeat with slight variations to optimize attention received
>if no cross search for common elements in poor attention gaining devices and avoid such permutations across categories
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.